+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Gundo's FM13 European Adventure Challenge™

Semi Pro
    Gundo's FM14 European Adventure Challenge™ (CSE Forum)

Default Gundo's FM13 European Adventure Challenge™

Gundo's FM13 European Adventure Challenge™

The History
    Gundo's European Adventure Challenge was first introduced as an alternative to the dafuge challenge back on FM06 after I had a brainwave one evening. It is essentially a 'small club to big club challenge' with a different name. It has unearthed some true diamonds - player-wise over the years, to name just one - the Swedish/Polish youngster Patrik Burda was just magical for many of us on FM06 and 07. In truth it's the participants of the challenge that make it what it is, with stories of success and some of failure. Hopefully this challenge will be around for many more versions yet.

Link to last years thread.

The Aim

To take a small club who where previously unplayable in the game from the lower leagues to their Domestic League Title and Champions League crown (doesn't have to be in the same season). I realize it's not an easy challenge, but should be a lot of fun trying.

The Set-up

European Leagues you can't use:
    England, France, Germany, *Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Turkey and *Scotland.
    *due no promotion or relegation to/from the lowest playable division.

*FM12 League reputations - Eligible nations below the line (except *Ire & *Sco):

Code:
    England          185 
    Spain            180 
    Germany          172  
    Italy            170 
    France           155
    Portugal         145 
    Russia           143 
    Turkey           135 
    -------------------- 
    Netherlands      134 
    Ukraine          130 
    Greece           128  
    Belgium          122 
    Romania          118 
    *Scotland        117 
    Denmark          115 
    Switzerland      114 
    Austria          112 
    Czech Republic   112  
    Israel           111 
    Poland           109 
    Serbia           108
    Croatia          106
    Bulgaria         106 
    Slovakia         106  
    Norway           105  
    Belarus          104 
    Sweden           102  
    Slovenia         99  
    Hungary          98
    Iceland          95 
    Finland          90  
    *Ireland          90 
    N. Ireland       72  
    Wales            58

Getting started

• Load a game with all the available divisions within the nation you have selected; only one nation is allowed.
    • You are free to use a Large, Medium or Small a database.
    • You are free to load players from Top Clubs (Europe or All Continents - This increases the challenge at Continental Level).
    • You are free to load Players Based in Your Nation Only.
    • You are also free to load current international players from each continent if you choose.
    • NO other additional customising is allowed.
    • Attribute masking should be enabled.
    • Add yourself as an unemployed Manager (hol_man); the details are not important at all.
    • Then go on holiday until the new seasons teams are generated (each country will be different). An example: Norway's is 13th January. (Hint - saving the day before on 12th January for Norway, should give you a better choice of teams by being able to quit and reloading the game). A list of rough dates for your relevant nation will be listed below.

League re-set dates from FM12 (+ denotes confirmed FM13 re-set dates)

+Austria - 25th June.
    +Belarus - 14th February.

+Belgium- 30th June.
    +Bulgaria - 1st July.
    +Croatia - 20th June.
    +CzechRepublic - 30th June.
    +Denmark - 30th June.
    +Finland - 7th January.
    +Greece - 30th June.
    Netherlands - 6th July.
    +Hungary
    - 20th June.
    +Iceland -
    25th November.
    Israel - 20th June.
    +N.Ireland - 20th June.

+Norway - 13th January.
    Poland - 30th June.
    Romania - 30th June.
    Serbia - 9th July.
    +Slovakia- 29th June.
    +Slovenia - 1st July.
    Sweden - 15th December.
    Switzerland - 20th June.
    Ukraine - 18th June.
    +Wales - 20th June.

Remember to save a few days before to ensure they are the correct dates.

Then do the following...

• Then retire your original manager profile.
    • Add a new manager, the options/details are up to you but 'past experience' must be set as 'Sunday League Footballer' or if that reputation isn't available then you must then select 'Automatic'.
    • I understand that choosing your nationality may have an effect later on, but I trust people will be sensible with this, I would expect people to use their own nationalities/second nationalities.
    • Take over one of the newly promoted clubs to the lowest playable division within your selected nation. If you are not sure about which clubs have been promoted simply check the nation overview screen and check the promoted teams to the bottom division in the 'season summary' section.
    • It is completely up to you which club you choose, although please appreciate that some clubs may be easier to manage than others. example; Some clubs will have a full squad of players and staff, while others won't. Also some will have higher reputations than others making it easier to sign players ect. So choose wisely. The nation you've chosen to manage in will affect difficulty too.
    • It is now up to you to manage your chosen club to their domestic title and to win the UEFA Champions League.
    • You are not permitted to move between clubs unless you are sacked; whereby then you can either take over a newly promoted club to the lowest playable division next time the reset date comes round or simply quit your current save and start over.
    • Any form of international management is not allowed, until you have completed the challenge.
    • There are no restrictions on assigning feeder/parent clubs.

Scouting Guidelines

• You can only sign players that you are able to scout or trial at the club first, so in short the player must have the 'Get scout report' button on his profile screen. The one exception to this is when you ask a current squad member to recommend a new signing, It is then ok to sign him as the player who recommended him knows of him anyway.If an agent offers you a player, it is ok to sign the player.
    • No external utilities such as FMScout.

Rules for this Thread
    • Player naming is allowed. (This is a warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)
    • Discussion on tactics is allowed. (This is another warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)
    • Screenshots for anything in-game are encouraged, as are youtube clips of matches ect. I will advise you to put video clips as links only though and not as a direct click and play type.This will keep the thread fairly clutter free and make browsing it quicker.
    • When you join the challenge, could you post a screenshot of your managers Personal Screen (it's the screen that shows your starting rep., dob ect.) on the date you take control at your new club.
    • Progress of your club should be documented using this thread. We want to hear the story of your club all the way through (success or failure). So please keep us updated, even if you are doing really badly.
    • At the end of every season, could everyone post some kind of season review, including the minimum of a screenshot of the league table. If you give this a title in bold it makes it a bit easier for others to pick out.

How to Post a Screenshot

1. While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).

2. Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image

3. Save the file as a JPEG

4. Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket or Imageshack

5. Post the direct Url to the image here.

Link to Gundo's challenge steam group for in game chat ect. Thanks to Swinburn for this.

Enjoy your European Adventure!

Last edited by Gundo; 15-04-2013 at 19:31.

Semi Pro

Save game downloads courtesy of Oxlsow;

Link.
    Last edited by Gundo; 22-03-2013 at 18:59.

Part-Timer

Loading up N. Ireland now. Gonna be interesting.

Edit: This in not FMC eligible, right? I'm gonna play full version anyhow.
    Last edited by XaW; 19-10-2012 at 14:17.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by XaW View Post
    Loading up N. Ireland now. Gonna be interesting.

Edit: This in not FMC eligible, right? I'm gonna play full version anyhow.
    Not going to include it at present, so this thread will be just for the full version.

I don't know too much about the FMC mode if I'm honest but we will see what happens in the next two weeks.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Gundo View Post
    Not going to include it at present, so this thread will be just for the full version.

I don't know too much about the FMC mode if I'm honest but we will see what happens in the next two weeks.
    I haven't tried it either, but I was just asking since I can't see anything about it in the opening post. Btw, holidaying seems to take much longer than on FM12..

Semi Pro

Just want to point out these new bits from above (optional of course);

• You are free to load players from Top Clubs (Europe or All Continents - This increases the challenge at Continental Level).
    • You are free to load Players Based in Your Nation Only.

Part-Timer

Ok, I'm the new manager of Tandragee Rovers. No staff and crappy players, should be fun.

Reset date for N. Ireland is 20th June btw, so save on the 19th.

Part-Timer

Hmm.... Not sure if this is even playable now. I am unable so sign any staff whatsoever! They respond to adverts, but they refuse to even negotiate. Tried to sign the most horrible staff I could find in staff search, but nope, won't talk contract. This goes for every position btw. Gonna try a bit more, to see if it changes.

Edit: Managed to find someone who'll negotiate. Might be doable yet.
    Last edited by XaW; 19-10-2012 at 17:05.

Amateur

Reserved. proberly go to norway this year

Amateur

The Big Euro challenge is first on my list but if I have the time I intend to hit this up at some point, I'm thinking Croatia (if the league is sorted out this year, it was a mess last year with realignment totally screwed up) or maybe Romania.

Good luck to all involved this year.

Amateur
    Dafuge '14 - Whitby Town (Leonix on Steam)

FM 2013 GUNDOS STEAM GROUP

Here's the Steam group for Gundos. Get joined up and hopefully the chat will be used well again. Nice to see my logo used there Gundo, cheers!

Gundo, could you maybe put the link in the main post?

Amateur

I'm playing in Hungary using these rules as my beta test. Not going to get far enough to complete the challenge proper, but I can confirm the reset date is still 20 June.
    Not sure how well known this is but the regionalised second tier becomes one overall division in 2013/14.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Swinburn View Post
    FM 2013 GUNDOS STEAM GROUP

Here's the Steam group for Gundos. Get joined up and hopefully the chat will be used well again. Nice to see my logo used there Gundo, cheers!

Gundo, could you maybe put the link in the main post?
    Yeah cheers for the badge.

Just added link to steam group.

Semi Pro

Thanks for all the re-set date confirmations chaps.

Youth Team

I think I will give this challenge another go this year either in Belarus or Denmark... However, I'll be doing Razer's and/or Rancer's challenges first

Amateur

yeah just got my game up and running starting in norway will post when i get my club

Part-Timer

Jeez, I have adverts out for most positions as staff. Many of the ones who reply goes to the media rambling about how much they want the job, but they won't talk contract when I try. Go figure.

Part-Timer

Great to have this going again. Really looking forward to find out what team to be this year. Unfortunately I am really knocked out with the flu, so everything is going very slow for me at the moment. But is downloading the beta now, and hopefully will start holidaying later today.

Will be in Norway for sure, hope to get a team very close to were I live.

Good luck you fellow challengers, and XaW, enjoy the ride i Northern Ireland. Should be a lot of fun there.

Part-Timer

Thanks, Taunton. The players at this level are so incredibly bad. I'm thinking about subbing my GK with a cone. The cone at least don't move away from any balls coming it's way.

Part-Timer

Argh, giving up on this now. Gonna try out in a bit bigger leagues before going as far down as N. Ireland. Gonna try out dafuges, and then come back here. Sorry guys.

Amateur

Austria reset date is the 25th June so save on 24th.

Semi Pro

Cheers will add to the list.

Youth Team

Fancy a save in Croatia so will post my progress here a bit later on. Never really ventured outside of the UK very often so should be a challenge!

Semi Pro

Talking

That's how my venture away from England started with a save in this challenge and never looked back I enjoyed it so much!

Semi Pro

Im going to have a go at Denmark i think.

EDIT: I've started a game with FC Djursland.
    Last edited by charlo116; 22-10-2012 at 01:43.

Part-Timer

I have holidayed, but the right team hasn't come up yet. I might wait to start the challenge until the full version comes out in case of any changes.

Good luck in Denmark, charlo116.

Semi Pro

Gundo, the reset date in Belgium is now June 30th, though, because of the relegation playoff format, it appears promoted teams are fixed before the end of the league season. I think, if you want a particular team, you need to save on May 12th (the day of the last league match), then reload from there through to June 30th.

Semi Pro

FC Djursland: Season 2013/14

Table | Transfers

This was a year of two seasons after a great run in our first fifteen games saw us sitting top of the table only for me to realise the 2nd Division in Denmark has a five month break from early November to early April. The second fifteen games saw us plummet from the top of the table down to 8th before we managed to climb to a more respectable finish.

We had a fairly good cup run, knocking out Superliga side, and my parent club Brondby IF but then slipping to First Division side SønderjyskE a round later after initially taking the lead.

Team of the season
    My assistant manager happened to grab player of the season for me after being my top scorrer with 14 goals, 12 of those in the league.

Hopefully some young rejects from better sides will help propel us back to the top next season.
    Last edited by charlo116; 23-10-2012 at 07:36.

Part-Timer

Well, let's get this started.

Meet Egil Nykirke, the new manager of Larvik Turn.

Finally the team I wanted came up. A team from my home town, and I have played against them a lot of times. They have always been our great rivals.
    I could literally be a manager of this club, (people in my family has), so that adds to realism.

It is harsh times in Larvik when it comes to football, so the great aim is to bring some success to my home town. (Even though I don't live there any more.)

The club is semi-professional, and the capacity of the stadium is 5000.

The stadium is situated near one of Europe's largest beech forests, and "Turn" as they are called were the best team in Norway in the fifties. (Two kinds of info that has nothing in common). Turn means gymnastics, so they also have a gymnastics heritage. Means my players will keep fit and agile.

Wish me luck.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
    Finally the team I wanted came up. A team from my home town, and I have played against them a lot of times. They have always been our great rivals.
    I could literally be a manager of this club, (people in my family has), so that adds to realism.
    Sounds like the perfect club and the above bit.

Good luck.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by XaW View Post
    Thanks, Taunton. The players at this level are so incredibly bad. I'm thinking about subbing my GK with a cone. The cone at least don't move away from any balls coming it's way.
    hahaha that made me laugh out loud!

Part-Timer

I may join in with this madness. I'll be going with a Welsh team if I do as it'll be the most challenging, and there's only 32 league games per season so I should get through each season quicker.

Semi Pro

FC Djursland: Season 2014/15

Table | Transfers

Killed by my goal difference! A great second half of the season saw us chasing top spot all the way catching up to 1st place on the last day of the season after winning our game only to see Hobro draw and win the title and promotion on their superior goal difference. We had much stronger team performances this year due to the number of quality additions to the team that saw us avoid that mid season disaster. Iddi Alkhag was once again my top scorer however with 15 league goals which saw him finish 2nd in the league goal tally.

A rather unimpressive cup run this season saw us make only the second round. We thumped Viby 8-2 in the first round only to be beaten 3-0 by Rosenhøj, a team that wasnt even in a playable league.

Team of the season
    This season my left winger and captain Jens Borup took out fans player of the season as one of the leagues top assist providers, but turning 31 this coming season may mean i need to start looking for a replacement.

Next season will be an interesting one, hopefully we can grab that promotion spot but with Thisted FC (a team that ran away with the title two seasons ago), being relegated to our league that might be a bit of a struggle.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by charlo116 View Post

FC Djursland: Season 2014/15

Table | Transfers

Killed by my goal difference! A great second half of the season saw us chasing top spot all the way catching up to 1st place on the last day of the season after winning our game only to see Hobro draw and win the title and promotion on their superior goal difference. We had much stronger team performances this year due to the number of quality additions to the team that saw us avoid that mid season disaster. Iddi Alkhag was once again my top scorer however with 15 league goals which saw him finish 2nd in the league goal tally.

A rather unimpressive cup run this season saw us make only the second round. We thumped Viby 8-2 in the first round only to be beaten 3-0 by Rosenhøj, a team that wasnt even in a playable league.

Team of the season
    This season my left winger and captain Jens Borup took out fans player of the season as one of the leagues top assist providers, but turning 31 this coming season may mean i need to start looking for a replacement.

Next season will be an interesting one, hopefully we can grab that promotion spot but with Thisted FC (a team that ran away with the title two seasons ago), being relegated to our league that might be a bit of a struggle.
    That was harsh! So close but no cigar. But it looks like the team is more than capable to compete in the division so crossing fingers that you will clinch it next year. And that you will find some more good players to strengthen the team.

How is it in Denmark? Is it like Norway, with 2. division, 1. division and the Premier, or do you have to go through more divisions?

Amateur

Denmark is the same as Norway although we only have 2 second divisions east and west.

Checking Wales out now.

Reset date is 20th of June as listed above. Seems like Rhyl and Haverfordwest are the most likely candidates to go up. I find someone else then.
    Last edited by Neutronen; 26-10-2012 at 16:21.

Amateur

I am going to try this with Greece. I have been playing FM since 01/02 and have yet to take a Greek team.
    Looks like season starts 9-15 for Greece FYI.

Semi Pro

That was harsh! So close but no cigar. But it looks like the team is more than capable to compete in the division so crossing fingers that you will clinch it next year. And that you will find some more good players to strengthen the team.

How is it in Denmark? Is it like Norway, with 2. division, 1. division and the Premier, or do you have to go through more divisions?
    It was a bit harsh but i just kept thinking about the points i threw away throughout the season through poor decisions.

Just as Neutronen says, Denmark's second division is divided into two leagues, east and west. There are three relegation spots in those two leagues with one promotion spot each to the first league where there is obviously two relegation spots and i think its either two or three promotion spots to the Super Liga.

Amateur

Two promotion spots to the superliga.

Part-Timer

Well, well. First attempt ended with failure. Relegated with one game to go. Guess its back to the drawing board then.

Who said this was going to be easy.

Part-Timer

Alright, I'm ready to go. I just upgraded both software and ram in my Macbook Pro, which now has 8GB!

Let's see if that helps my save speed--before that (with 4GB) I couldn't even play in 3D. And it took hours and HOURS to holiday a year, which made it horrible to even try. So let's see--hopefully this works!

I'll update and see how the holiday in Serbia goes!

T24

Edit: Holy crap! How much difference 4gb of RAM makes! I dont know about being able to try 3D yet, but it took me 33 minutes to holiday a season!
    Last edited by Twellman24; 31-10-2012 at 01:18.

Part-Timer

Rudar Kostolac - Serbian First League

Rudar's League history

Squad
    Club info

Sirera's profile

Sirera's info

And finances

Positions:
    Serbian Superliga: 61
    Serbia as a nation: 34
    Euro coefficients: 27

OK then, here we go! I have no idea what to expect and it is the first time in a LONG time I'm trying a weird league, so let's see what happens.

Semi Pro

FC Djursland: Season 2015/16

Table | Transfers

Well i guess my two predictions came true. Thisted FC were just too good for me to catch and i did have to replace the aging Borup, although sooner than i expected as my young back up Phillip Zickernagel performed much better at left midfield to claim a spot in the starting side after scoring 4 goals in three games.

On the plus side i feel as though my squad is really starting to head in a good direction and some of the performances in the second half of the season saw us pile on many goals to finish with a very good goal difference. (Where was that last season!!!)

Team of the season
    Oliver Jørgensen was my top scorer this season, matching Alkhag's tally last season, although Jørgensen managed to grab the golden boot for the second division west.

I'm quite excited with the players i have this season, espescially a player from my own youth side, Niklas Stentoft Petersen who is rated by my coaches as my best centre back already at the age of 17 having made 11 appearances for me last season. The end of this season also saw a number of older players move on, most notably my player/assistant manager Iddi Alkhag is gone. After being my top scorer for the first two seasons his age finally caught up with him and there were many better alternatives for an assistant manager.

Part-Timer

Twellmann24: Good luck in Serbia. Looking forward to follow your progress.

charlo116: Unlucky again. I am sure you will clinch the promotion sooner than later.

I will give it another go tonight. Not sure if I should choose another team or stick with Larvik Turn. Time will show. Since it is actually my rival club irl I can take some comfort in having relegated them

Amateur

twellman good luck in Serbia, never played there, not sure on how standard will be? is your club full time?

charlo I like the look of that centre back for 17. Just need to improve his quickness a bit and you'll be laughing?

Semi Pro

Cookie15 will be returning to Norway
    However, my laptop is soooo old it does not have the OS to be able to cope with the new version....
    Only one thing for it............buying a new laptop tomorrow just to play FM13, now that's what i call commitment to Gundo's Challenge

Amateur

Commendable cookie!! I salute your dedication!

Part-Timer

So with the disappointment with Larvik Turn behind me, i have set my sights on a team it is difficult to resist.

They will probably be one of the easier promoted teams to manage, but what the heck.

Lyn is Norways Rangers. Declared bankrupt and relegated down to level 7. Now they are on their way up, have a massive following, and are from Oslo.

So the temptation to manage such a club with a great potential, and the possibility that they will build their own (hopefully huge stadium) is too much to resist.

So, this is my Gundo's FM13 challenge attempt two.

And this will be the lucky guy trying to bring the mighty team that had to play both their legs in the quarter final in the Cup winners cup against Barcelona at Camp Nou in 1969 because of the winter conditions in Norway. They lost 5-4 on aggregate. Soon (or in a distant future) it is time for revenge.

Amateur

taunton good luck with that, hope you get back to the glory days!

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by aldojags View Post
    charlo I like the look of that centre back for 17. Just need to improve his quickness a bit and you'll be laughing?
    Well i had to offer him a big payrise just to stop him from being poached by other clubs. Last season my coaches said he had the potential to be a good First League defender but now after some game time they're saying he has the potential to become a good Superliga defender. Hopefully he doesn't outgrow the club too quickly.

Semi Pro

Oops completely didnt occur to me the challenges would be open on beta. Havent 100% decided if I have time to play FM this year but odds are Ill pick it up on Steam and be playing tomorrow in this challenge, although no clue where yet!

Youth Team
    Neuer Tivoli, Aachen, Germany (Big Euro Nation Challenge)

So with the disappointment with Larvik Turn behind me, i have set my sights on a team it is difficult to resist.

They will probably be one of the easier promoted teams to manage, but what the heck.

Lyn is Norways Rangers. Declared bankrupt and relegated down to level 7. Now they are on their way up, have a massive following, and are from Oslo.

So the temptation to manage such a club with a great potential, and the possibility that they will build their own (hopefully huge stadium) is too much to resist.

So, this is my Gundo's FM13 challenge attempt two.

And this will be the lucky guy trying to bring the mighty team that had to play both their legs in the quarter final in the Cup winners cup against Barcelona at Camp Nou in 1969 because of the winter conditions in Norway. They lost 5-4 on aggregate. Soon (or in a distant future) it is time for revenge.
    i didn't realise that this had happened to them.... Makes for an interesting challenge team, one which i might have to consider at some point as i do like to try and revive teams that have had relative success but have then fallen on harder times... good luck with it - i will be an interested spectator for now...

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by rlipscombe View Post
    i didn't realise that this had happened to them.... Makes for an interesting challenge team, one which i might have to consider at some point as i do like to try and revive teams that have had relative success but have then fallen on harder times... good luck with it - i will be an interested spectator for now...
    Nice to hear. Yes, it is an interesting challenge, and given that they are based in Oslo, makes the potential huge. They have a big fan base, and I know they have had 2-3000 spectators at level 5 and 4 in Norway. And that is a lot in this country, other teams has 50 as an average.

Would be fun if you gave it a go yourself.

Semi Pro

Well, well. First attempt ended with failure. Relegated with one game to go. Guess its back to the drawing board then.

Who said this was going to be easy.
    Unlucky Taunton, First seasons are so difficult in Norway for sure.

Best of luck for Lyn, great team to take charge of and I will follow with interest.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by cookie15 View Post
    Cookie15 will be returning to Norway
    However, my laptop is soooo old it does not have the OS to be able to cope with the new version....
    Only one thing for it............buying a new laptop tomorrow just to play FM13, now that's what i call commitment to Gundo's Challenge
    Excellent news cookie. Well you are the perennial Gundo's Challenge legend, would be odd without a seasonal attempt from you.

Semi Pro

Apparently I couldnt wait til tonight, so have paid and loading up a game to start in beta! Currently holidaying in Holland as been meaning to use them since they put relelgation in a few years back and still havent got round to it!

edit: League Reset date for Netherlands is 7th July 2013
    Last edited by Gilbster; 01-11-2012 at 18:51.

Semi Pro

Cheers Gundo, i'm back with new laptop and ready to embark on the challenge!
    Just need to buy the game now
    Might try and buy it through Steam, but not sure. If not i'll be buying it tomorrow and loading ASAP.........let the good times continue once again!!!!!

Amateur

I'm joining the ranks boys after a shocker in Portugal in the Big Euro Nation...looking forward to a good challenge in Finland!

Semi Pro

Introducing the new person at the heel of Achilles'29

Achilles are are small club in the Jupiler League which is the Dutch 2nd division. They are a club with 1 coach and no history and no real facilities to speak of, though they are professional which is always helpful. My only aim for this first season is to finish not last, anything above 18th and I survive!

We are getting to avoid relegation a transfer budget of £328k and a wage budget of £11.27k p/w which makes a difference to other starting points of clubs and will make a nice change to play with.

Amateur

good luck gilbster, that seems a decent enough starting wage so hopefully you can do well!

Semi Pro

Lol only just realised that I have no players in the squad at all, thought I had a full squad but turns out they are all greys I think!

Amateur

In a way that's quite good - no dead wood to get rid of? You can totally start with a blank canvas?

Semi Pro

Nope it turns out I am an idiot and proving myself to be incompetent already, I think I do have players on amateur contracts, I think its something to do with the ui thats confusing me this time around!

Amateur

Have taken over FC YPA, from the Finnish town of Ylivieska.

Manager Profile

Manager Information

Club Profile - a stadium of 400 seats, yet my wage budget is £9k a week, how the hell can I support that sort of wage with such a small ground? My average ticket price is £9, so even if I sell out, that's only £3600 per home game I am raising, I can see me leaking money like I did on my recent Portugese save, hence the reason I chucked that save, not predicting failure straight out, but it's odd accounting here in Finland!

Club Facilities - decent for a semi pro team.

So here we go, unusual season here, runs April - Oct, so I'm currently in Jan, got 3 months to sort out squad before league begins. I'm in a 10 team league, predicted to finish 9th, board want to avoid relegation. Looking forward to this, is pretty much the most random team I've ever taken over! My own team (Partick Thistle) also play in Red, Yellow and Black, so that kind of made up my mind!
    Last edited by aldojags; 02-11-2012 at 01:02.

Semi Pro

Just a little update from Denmark. We're not doing particularly well early on in the league this season but we've had a couple of quality cup performances topped by this most recent one against Superliga side FC Nordsjælland:

Clearly inspired by Arsenal's recent win in the capital one cup.

Semi Pro

And now rather incredibly a round later we've done even better to beat another Superliga side to reach the quarterfinals. This time FC Midtjylland fell to my side that cant manage to string two wins together in the league at the moment.

Semi Pro

Great to see so many people playing in Nordic countries, best of luck all.

Part-Timer

Wow. Nice to see this starting to roll now.

Gilbster: Welcome and good luck. I like the name of the team you chose, and am trying to avoid the temptation of doing any puns on it.

aldojags: Nice to have you here. Sorry about your Portugal experience. Hopefully you will bring joy and happiness to the mighty footballing nation that is Finland. I wonder how the supporters of (*copies and pastes) Ylivieska cheers their team. Give me an Y, give me an L, give me... oh never mind, pass the vodka, will you. *Edit. Realised now that the teams name is FC YPA , so that means the supporters can both drink and shout their name.

charlo116: Some amazing results. As an Arsenal fan I am especially happy with the 7-5 score. You can call yourself a giant killer now. Best of luck in the quarters!
    Last edited by Taunton; 02-11-2012 at 11:31.

Semi Pro

With FM13 properly out now I'm getting more and more tempted to start up a new Gundo save, but I just can't bring myself to give up on my FM12 effort just yet (if anyone fancies stopping me talking to myself in the FM12 thread, feel free to drop by to say hello!). Good luck to all who have already started, I hope to join you soon!

Amateur

I may be running into a problem.

My computer has all about died this morning, I can't be gassed with it anymore, and thinking of buying a new macbook.

as I currently have a laptop, i dont think I'll be able to transfer my save will I as it's different operating systems?

Semi Pro

I think they are compatible, or at least were on FM11 - see here

Amateur

cheers mate

Semi Pro

Positions

Manager Profile

Club Overview

Transfers

After going to Vienna a few years ago and actually going to see Wiener Sportklub at Sportclub-Platz (also seen Rapid on the same trip and have a soft spot for them too) I couldn't resist this one.

Pretty happy with my start, we're sitting a few points ahead in top spot so far, Andreas Tiffner being the star man up front so far. Finances are looking pretty good as we are pulling about 3,500 in per home game. Still messing about a bit with tactics so not firing on all cylinders yet either which suggests when I do get it right we should be near the top come the end of the season. Really lacking a pair of good wingers and a goalkeeper, hopefully I can get that sorted by January.

Semi Pro

At the half way point Achilles are bottom of the league, 2 points away from escaping. Just hope we can put up a better fight in the second half of the season.

Amateur

Has anyone ever played in Finland before? The number of players in their 40's is quite high, they are the only players that are interested in me!

Semi Pro

At last........ Football Manager 2013 is now installed
    Off to holiday for a season in Norway me thinks. I'll be back later to let you know who i'll be managing this time around

Semi Pro

Has anyone ever played in Finland before? The number of players in their 40's is quite high, they are the only players that are interested in me!
    Finland has been quite popular down the years because of F.C Santa Claus

The Austrian cup is going to be interesting this season, up to the 3rd round and there's only 2 top flight clubs left already

Semi Pro

Herkules Fotball

It is with great pride that i can announce that Cookie15 will once again be venturing to Norway to embark on Gundo's Challenge. Following successes with Skjetten, Lyn and Tiller Evan Cook has decided to take on the challenge of completing European domination with the minnows affectionately known as....

Herkules Fotball Club - Marcus Evan Cook profile

Check out the colour of a home kit, very interesting! Don't think i will worry about fading into obscurity!!!
    As soon as i have a squad assembled I will add a link.

Wish me luck
    Last edited by cookie15; 02-11-2012 at 20:01.

Amateur

Yeah I saw that team, can you get them on reload? that would''ve been a certainty!

Semi Pro

Yeah I saw that team, can you get them on reload? that would''ve been a certainty!
    There's always someone on this challenge who ends up being them. I've not been tempted to go Finland for this yet but FC Santa Claus would be the one i'd go for

Herkules Fotball

It is with great pride that i can announce that Cookie15 will once again be venturing to the Norway to embark on Gundo's Challenge. Following successes with Skjetten, Lyn and Tiller Evan Cook has decided to take on the challenge of completing European domination with the minnows affectionately known as....

Herkules Fotball Club - Marcus Evan Cook profile

Check out the colour of a home kit, very interesting! Don't think i will worry about fading into obscurity!!!
    As soon as i have a squad assembled I will add a link.

Wish me luck
    I nearly went for Norway again to finish my job last year (still gutted I lost that) Good luck anyway.

Part-Timer

Herkules Fotball

It is with great pride that i can announce that Cookie15 will once again be venturing to the Norway to embark on Gundo's Challenge. Following successes with Skjetten, Lyn and Tiller Evan Cook has decided to take on the challenge of completing European domination with the minnows affectionately known as....Herkules Fotball Club - Marcus Evan Cook profileCheck out the colour of a home kit, very interesting! Don't think i will worry about fading into obscurity!!!As soon as i have a squad assembled I will add a link.Wish me luck
    Good luck! They are from the same town as the team I had last year, Tollnes. So I know this club. You have made a good choice.

Semi Pro

It may be this one player (a Costa Rican offered to me) but it seems I can't even offer a trail if he's out of scouting range If that's the case it's a bit crap as it's been known of Brazilians and the like to send videos to clubs and they get offered a trail.

EDIT: It was being a bit slow on how to do it
    Last edited by Dexter_Morgan; 02-11-2012 at 21:10.

Amateur

FM13 installed, holidaying in Ukraine this year, looking forward to the challenge.

Amateur

Managed SJK in 2012 managed to make the champions league last 16 once in 15 seasons, I found there were a few decent 15/16 year old players on free's and also relied on a lot of aged players.

Amateur

Ukraine First League

Stal Dniprodzerzhynsk
    Stal Dniprodzerzhynsk is a Ukrainian football club located in Dniprodzerzhynsk, Dnipropetrovsk Oblast, Ukraine

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/...02_00001jp.jpg (Manager Profile)

Stadium - 2900 all seater in poor condition
    Youth Facilities - minimal
    Training Facilities - basic
    Youth Recruitment - minimal

Finances - 10.17k transfer budget/14.5k wage budget.

Looking forward to the challenge, never managed in the Ukraine before.

Good luck everyone with this years challenge.

Semi Pro

Good luck, Faultless, firstly with the challenge and secondly with the pronunciation!

Amateur

I'll pick a team tomorrow, but reset in Sweden is the 14th december.

Also if you look at the season summary you can see the clubs promoted from the division below. Don't know if this is new or I just missed it last year, but it beats looking at league positions of the previous year.

Amateur

best of luck faultless and yeh I can see me taking a while to see Europe, the quality really isn't there, I've signed a lot of players, but only until end of season, will prob have a clear out then!

I'll be sure to lean on you for advice now I know you've conquered Finland!

I think it was there last year Jintro, it makes things a whole lot easier for picking clubs you are correct.

Amateur

Giving this another crack this year. Going for a country that has been notoriously difficult (if I remember correctly) - Slovenia! Holidaying right now.

EDIT: Reset date for Slovenia is still July 1st
    Last edited by Mr_Demus; 03-11-2012 at 09:37.

Amateur

NK Rakican

I have decided to start as NK Rakican in the Slovenian Second league. It will be a very tough challenge I reckon. Most likely outcome: failure. Massive failure.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/825/profilefo.jpg/

NK Rakican is very hard to find any info on, but what I have found so far:
    Rakican is a small village with 1500 inhabitants. It is located in Murska Sobota, which is a city in northeastern Slovenia with a total population of 12000.

They play at the 1000 all-seater Igrisce NK Rakican.

Wish me luck

Semi Pro

Slovenia is one of those still uncompleted on here if I remember correctly I played as Zvedza last year and it was tough even being used to the match engine so you're braver than me going for it so soon Good luck

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter_Morgan View Post
    Slovenia is one of those still uncompleted on here if I remember correctly I played as Zvedza last year and it was tough even being used to the match engine so you're braver than me going for it so soon Good luck
    I am pretty sure the scenario will play out like this: 1) Start with great enthusiasm 2) Get slightly downhearted 3) lose, lose, lose 4) Get frustrated 5) Lose some more 6) Cry 7) start over in an easier country

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Demus View Post
    I am pretty sure the scenario will play out like this: 1) Start with great enthusiasm 2) Get slightly downhearted 3) lose, lose, lose 4) Get frustrated 5) Lose some more 6) Cry 7) start over in an easier country
    I have faith in you

In my cup run so far I have only played against 1 playable club, that was in the quarter final just now against SV Horn. The other 3 teams in the hat were bottom of the table (my division) TSV Hartberg, top flight SV Mattersburg and non league LASK Linz, thinking i've probably lucked out with the run so far I wasn't looking forward to the semi final draw, but it seems yet again someone is looking down on us
    Last edited by Dexter_Morgan; 03-11-2012 at 11:55.

Part-Timer

As Taunton is a town near me I thought I would go to Norway to join them. After some reaserch I have decided to try and manage Oslo city. Hey Oxslow has to manage Oslo city right? Time to start the reloadathon

Amateur

Junsele IF gets a Belgian manager.

Some facts about the club from Wikipedia.

In game they are Semi-Pro with a 1500 (500 seated) stadion. There is no budget for transfers and a wage budget of 2.590 €. At least I have 3 months to build a team as the season starts in april.

My headquarters doesn't look like much for a European powerhouse to be, but it'll do for now.

edit:
    Forgot to add that Junsele is in Sweden
    Last edited by Jintro; 03-11-2012 at 11:36.

Semi Pro

Ok, I'm in.

Just to be a little different I'm off to Norway too. Decided to stay in Rogaland region, no Stavanger based team for me this term though. Instead I've taken the short ferry journey across the water to Jørpeland and taken charge of Staal Jørpeland.

Should be a tough one this year, no big city close by to attract players and a 350 capacity stadium.

Club wiki.

Wish me luck!
    Last edited by Gundo; 03-11-2012 at 12:22.

Amateur

Fantastic a lot of new arrivals! Slovenia sounds tough, and mr demus I can probably see a similar forecast for my own game, i dont know how many seasons I'll be able to stick the mediocrity!! but i look forward to watching ur slovenia game unfold!

welcome gundo it looks like you've given yourself a challenge there!

And there we go the usual fm joy of a ridiculous amount of injuries unfolds. 1st pre season match and ive just lost 2 1st teamers for 2months each, oh how i love how you cant finish a game without a player getting injured every week for a few months!

well done dexter good on you getting the semi's so soon.

right i'm off out to watch thistle hammer cove rangers, be back on tonight.

catch ye later guys,.

Amateur

Ok I am going to try this again now that the full version is out with some fixes and the additional fix of the defenders the other night that was released. My Greek start was DISASTROUS. Lots of 5-0 losses etc. Need to decide who to be now.

Part-Timer

Great to see all the partcipants up and running. Good luck everybody.

Oxslow: I actually took the name Taunton because of the old Nintendo game International Superstar Soccer(prequel to PES by Konami). There was a nigerian forward there called Taunton. I didn't realise until later that Taunton also was a town in Somerset.

I have one game to go with Lyn in my first season. Will probably post an update later tonight.

And Gundo, nice to see that you are faithful to Rogaland. Good luck with Staal. (Which means steel by the way)

Semi Pro

welcome gundo it looks like you've given yourself a challenge there!
    Cheers aldojags.

And Gundo, nice to see that you are faithful to Rogaland. Good luck with Staal. (Which means steel by the way)
    Well lets hope hope some of my players have a steely mentality!

Part-Timer

Taunton - Lyn - Season review - 2013 - Norwegian 2. division, group 1

League: 1st. Promotion!!

It can be heaven or hell in this game. My first try at this challenge this year ended in relegation. My second with promotion.

The board expected promotion, and the pressure was on from the start. Even though you start with a core of players with good quality when you manage Lyn, they are still not world beaters. I was very unsure about what tactic to employ in this version, but after getting some advice from the forum, I sticked with a very standard 442, no fuss and relied on shouts and OI's.

That, and buying a great goalkeeper, Kjell Petter Opheim, made the trick. We were solid at the back, an were in the frame all the way. It was a tight struggle with Moss, but we managed to overtake them in the end, though the promotion was clinched at the last game.

Have to say, this is probably one of my more solid seasons ever in FM. The challenge is to get good enough players, and I had to rely on some loanees from bigger clubs.

I think we have a big task next season, the finances is bad because we had to install undersoil heating on our ground (which we don't own) to be able to participate in the 1. division. The upside with that is that we will play our games at Norways national stadium Ullevaal while the maintenance takes place.
    That will hopefully mean bigger crowds, and more money.

Best player: Jonas Rygg. Quality player. Provided 10 assists, and attracted lots of interest from bigger clubs. I managed to hold on to him.

Top scorer: Magnus Ask Mikkelsen. On loan from premiership club Hønefoss. Did great and scored 14 important goals. Hopefully I can sign him for next season.

Youth prospect: Kjetil do Carmo. When the youth intake came it provided me with this gem. Think he can turn into a class player.

Economy: Very bad. We are hiding from the creditors behind closed curtains at the moment.

Key: This season (Last season)

Wage budget: Nkr 77 071 p/w (n/a)

Transfer budget: 196 162 Nkr p/w (n/a)

(For pounds, just divide the number with ten)

Av. attendance: 727 (n/a)

Players in: 11 (n/a)

Players out: 2 ( n/a )

Norwegian players in the first team squad: 100% (n/a)

Next season: Survival is key, even though the board wants me to play attractive attacking football and focus on youth. Not sure if they can have the cake and eat it. I will be happy if we can stay up.

Code:
    Season | League   | Position  |  Cup  |  Europe   |      Top scorer         |
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
    2013   | 2. div   |    1st    | 2.rnd |    N/A    |  Magnus Ask Mikkelsen (14)
    Last edited by Taunton; 03-11-2012 at 19:00.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast