Gundo's FM13 European Adventure Challenge™
Gundo's European Adventure Challenge was first introduced as an alternative to the dafuge challenge back on FM06 after I had a brainwave one evening. It is essentially a 'small club to big club challenge' with a different name. It has unearthed some true diamonds - player-wise over the years, to name just one - the Swedish/Polish youngster Patrik Burda was just magical for many of us on FM06 and 07. In truth it's the participants of the challenge that make it what it is, with stories of success and some of failure. Hopefully this challenge will be around for many more versions yet.
Link to last years thread.
To take a small club who where previously unplayable in the game from the lower leagues to their Domestic League Title and Champions League crown (doesn't have to be in the same season). I realize it's not an easy challenge, but should be a lot of fun trying.
European Leagues you can't use: England, France, Germany, *Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Turkey and *Scotland.
*due no promotion or relegation to/from the lowest playable division.
*FM12 League reputations - Eligible nations below the line (except *Ire & *Sco):
Czech Republic 112
N. Ireland 72
- Load a game with all the available divisions within the nation you have selected; only one nation is allowed.
- You are free to use a Large, Medium or Small a database.
- You are free to load players from Top Clubs (Europe or All Continents - This increases the challenge at Continental Level).
- You are free to load Players Based in Your Nation Only.
- You are also free to load current international players from each continent if you choose.
- NO other additional customising is allowed.
- Attribute masking should be enabled.
- Add yourself as an unemployed Manager (hol_man); the details are not important at all.
- Then go on holiday until the new seasons teams are generated (each country will be different). An example: Norway's is 13th January. (Hint - saving the day before on 12th January for Norway, should give you a better choice of teams by being able to quit and reloading the game). A list of rough dates for your relevant nation will be listed below.
League re-set dates from FM12 (+ denotes confirmed FM13 re-set dates)
+Austria - 25th June.
+Belarus - 14th February.
+Belgium- 30th June.
+Bulgaria - 1st July.
+Croatia - 20th June.
+CzechRepublic - 30th June.
+Denmark - 30th June.
+Finland - 7th January.
+Greece - 30th June.
Netherlands - 6th July.
+Hungary - 20th June.
+Iceland - 25th November.
Israel - 20th June.
+N.Ireland - 20th June.
+Norway - 13th January.
Poland - 30th June.
Romania - 30th June.
Serbia - 9th July.
+Slovakia- 29th June.
+Slovenia - 1st July.
Sweden - 15th December.
Switzerland - 20th June.
Ukraine - 18th June.
+Wales - 20th June.
Remember to save a few days before to ensure they are the correct dates.
Then do the following...
- Then retire your original manager profile.
- Add a new manager, the options/details are up to you but 'past experience' must be set as 'Sunday League Footballer' or if that reputation isn't available then you must then select 'Automatic'.
- I understand that choosing your nationality may have an effect later on, but I trust people will be sensible with this, I would expect people to use their own nationalities/second nationalities.
- Take over one of the newly promoted clubs to the lowest playable division within your selected nation. If you are not sure about which clubs have been promoted simply check the nation overview screen and check the promoted teams to the bottom division in the 'season summary' section.
- It is completely up to you which club you choose, although please appreciate that some clubs may be easier to manage than others. example; Some clubs will have a full squad of players and staff, while others won't. Also some will have higher reputations than others making it easier to sign players ect. So choose wisely. The nation you've chosen to manage in will affect difficulty too.
- It is now up to you to manage your chosen club to their domestic title and to win the UEFA Champions League.
- You are not permitted to move between clubs unless you are sacked; whereby then you can either take over a newly promoted club to the lowest playable division next time the reset date comes round or simply quit your current save and start over.
- Any form of international management is not allowed, until you have completed the challenge.
- There are no restrictions on assigning feeder/parent clubs.
- You can only sign players that you are able to scout or trial at the club first, so in short the player must have the 'Get scout report' button on his profile screen. The one exception to this is when you ask a current squad member to recommend a new signing, It is then ok to sign him as the player who recommended him knows of him anyway.If an agent offers you a player, it is ok to sign the player.
- No external utilities such as FMScout.
Rules for this Thread
- Player naming is allowed. (This is a warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)
- Discussion on tactics is allowed. (This is another warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)
- Screenshots for anything in-game are encouraged, as are youtube clips of matches ect. I will advise you to put video clips as links only though and not as a direct click and play type.This will keep the thread fairly clutter free and make browsing it quicker.
- When you join the challenge, could you post a screenshot of your managers Personal Screen (it's the screen that shows your starting rep., dob ect.) on the date you take control at your new club.
- Progress of your club should be documented using this thread. We want to hear the story of your club all the way through (success or failure). So please keep us updated, even if you are doing really badly.
- At the end of every season, could everyone post some kind of season review, including the minimum of a screenshot of the league table. If you give this a title in bold it makes it a bit easier for others to pick out.
How to Post a Screenshot
1. While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).
2. Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image
3. Save the file as a JPEG
4. Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket or Imageshack
5. Post the direct Url to the image here.
Link to Gundo's challenge steam group for in game chat ect. Thanks to Swinburn for this.
Enjoy your European Adventure!