Gundo's FM13 European Adventure Challenge™

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Job status halfway through the season is Untouchable! Haha!

Currently top, by 1 point, but there is no way I'll stay there. Almost guaranteed to stay up, last season the cut off point was 38 points. Just won the last 2 games 4-0, 3-1, and got knocked out the Slovakian cup quarter final on away goals to a div 1 team. Going really well.

Had my u19 goalie called up for Slovakia u19, sadly he's a spoiled brat who refuses tutoring, and will not make it due to his lax attitude.

Huzzah! A decent youth intake, sadly another left back is inbound (4*), but also an AMC (4*) and a DC (4*). I'll link to them fully soon. Youth project is go!

Job status halfway through the season is Untouchable! Haha!

Currently top, by 1 point, but there is no way I'll stay there. Almost guaranteed to stay up, last season the cut off point was 38 points. Just won the last 2 games 4-0, 3-1, and got knocked out the Slovakian cup quarter final on away goals to a div 1 team. Going really well.

Had my u19 goalie called up for Slovakia u19, sadly he's a spoiled brat who refuses tutoring, and will not make it due to his lax attitude.

Huzzah! A decent youth intake, sadly another left back is inbound (4*), but also an AMC (4*) and a DC (4*). I'll link to them fully soon. Youth project is go!

Sounds like your save is going well Mand312. It's annoying when you have a talent that could do with tutoring at lower levels and they refuse.

Got one league game left before Bayern, going to leave it there for the night.

EDIT: Stuff it i'll carry on :D

Were through to the final :eek:

Bayern away

Bayern home

As you can see both were tight games but we took some of the limited (real) chances in both legs and probably deserved it really. I can't believe we've done it, but as this stat shows we did whatever it took to win games :D

The bad news is Pomic, probably our most creative player is out for the final against Lyon :(

Domestically, we're already through to the CL next season with 6 games to spare and have a 9 point lead over Red Bull Salzburg. We are also in the cup final, so this could either be the best season in our history or we could implode :D

Introducing the new manager of Goytre in the Welsh Premier Division.

I am hoping that this will turn into a long and good quality career and that eventually get a welsh winner of the Champions league. On the other hand if I could survive a single season, I would be equally happy at the moment.

No money, low wages, an assistant manager that doesnt look completely awful for the level, and a starting squad of players that I think has all positions covered at least. Just need to remember when making signings that my starting 11, has to have 2 under 19 players in it, so had better find a few youngsters that look good, amongst the experienced stalwarts that should help keep us up.

Oh and if anyone knows how to pronounce Goytre (which at least I can spell), Id appreciate it!

FC Djursland: Season 2016/17

Promoted! Finally after two seasons of finishing 2nd we grabbed that top spot after a fantastic second half of the season. Some patchy form in the first half of the season saw us sitting in 7th, however the top end of the table had remained so even that in 6 games we climbed 6 spots to 1st after hitting the ground running after the mid-season break. In that time i had recruited a few new faces to improve our form, which worked spectacularly.

Jessen came in at left midfield scoring 8 goals in 16 games, whilst Larsen came into the centre of our midfield backed up by Dahl who both performed admirably.

Team of the Season

Kristian Kaspersen was named the fans player of the season after topping the league goalscoring tally with 20 goals in 30 league games. My strikers seemed to be the weaker area of my team this season but with fantastic midfield support Kaspersen managed to become a huge threat in the league.

Can't wait to play in the 1st Division next season and push forward in this challenge.

Finally charlo116! And well deserved. Hope you can build on this and continue the progress up through the leagues.

Dexter! This is absolutely amazing. :applause:I am very impressed. Looking forward to see how the final goes. Wish you luck.

Gilbster. Good luck in Wales. In older versions of FM/CM I always had a game in Wales with Caernarfon Town, but after they were relegated irl, I haven't been there for a while. But Wales is enjoyable and a big challenge.

Cheers everyone, the update is coming in a while, i've got a league game and the Austrian cup final left to play

Forgot to mention it, but the semi-final must have been a sweet victory for Austria against their big neighbour Germany.

Now go on and smash Lyon in the final!

Forgot to mention it, but the semi-final must have been a sweet victory for Austria against their big neighbour Germany.

Now go on and smash Lyon in the final!

Don't forget I also have 3 Germans in my team :D Weiß being a full international now :cool:

aldojags I've been getting the same, so would like to know too as my java is up to date.

Bloody 19 days between the final league game and the Austrian cup final, I just know someone is going to get injured on international duty :mad:

Don't forget I also have 3 Germans in my team :D Weiß being a full international now :cool:

Bloody 19 days between the final league game and the Austrian cup final, I just know someone is going to get injured on international duty :mad:

Probably your Germans. They will do everything to sabotage for you:D

We've done it :) A long season where in Europe especially we rode our luck but the players performed remarkably and everyone in the squad played a big part.

The final against Lyon was horrible, as soon as they went 1-0 up I thought this was a step too far, but yet again we staged a comeback that defied belief. One thing that helped was we played Red Bull Salzburg just 3 days before but the title was already in the bag so I could afford to rest everyone that would start, it could have been a lot different if we had needed to win that league game.

Weiß again was remarkable and the worrying thing is I have signed a striker better than him for next season (links in a while once my dealings are all done)

The fact we managed another title would have made me happy, but to complete the treble is beyond belief. We're now ranked 41st in Europe (up 100 places) and have jumped from 8th to 1st in the Austrian rankings.

Usually at this point i'd give the save up (especially as i'm itching to do a few other clubs at some point) but for the time being i'm going to carry on and see how far I take the club.

Season    | League   | Position  |  Cup    |  Europe                 |      Achievements        |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14   | First    |    1st    | Winners | N/A                     | Promotion, Cup Winners   | 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15   | Bund     |    2nd    | 3rd RD  | 4th Qual.               | CL Qualification         |
2015/16   | Bund     |    1st    | 3rd RD  | CL 3rd Qual, Europa Q/F | Champions                |
2016/17   | Bund     |    1st    | Winners | Champions               | The Treble!!!            | 

EDIT: Funnily enough Taunton Weiß missed the cup final because he was still on international duty, so you got it right :D

dexter that is stunning, such a short space of time, to win the CL. What an achievement.

I couldn't bare the give the save up after that, I'd want to go and build a domination of Europe, try and bring some kids through etc! Unbelievable mate.

Cheers everyone, there's no way I can give this up now I want to try and dominate for a few years.

Got to the 1st of September and all my dealings are done, some are for the future but bar missing out on Raphael Holzhauser who was still a month from fitness i'm happy with what I have brought in.

Full Transfers

Kaplan

Lazaro

Stoger

Vukovic

Jankovic

Baron

Ibrahimovic

I know I payed over the odds in one sense for Lazaro but he was scoring from midfield for Red Bull and had a high match rating which he has managed to continue in his short spell with me, so if he continues like he's started then he'll turn out to be a bargain. To me he's an improved version of Dengg who I let go, who had goals and assists in him but I haven't had the problem of subbing Lazaro after 60 minutes due to fatigue like I did with Dengg so straight away that is a plus in my eyes. Also after letting 2 homegrown players go I have to make sure I still keep a decent ratio until my youth policy starts to take off.

To add to our ever growing collection of trophies we beat Real Madrid in the European Super Cup, though not an important trophy it's still a win against a big side under my belt.

We were seeded 1st in this years group for the Champions league and we managed a decent draw with Kobenhaven, PSV and Valencia our opponents so in reality I should be aiming to get out of that in 2nd place.

With me spending a fair bit in the summer on players and other outgoings we need to have another decent season in order to get our new ground which was only refused because of the lack of money, things like sponsorship deals are all up at the end of the year so that will come in handy as we only get £100k per season from those at the minute.

EDIT Just noticed the posts about the record, i'm not sure if it is, but it beats my personal one on FM10 with a Belgian team I can't even remember :D In 5 years (i'll have to look back to see who it was)

Edit again 7 years with KRC Gent-Zeehaven according to my post screenshots gone now though :( (and yes SMPL was me, I had to change username after the big blackout the other year)

Brodd IL 2012

Table

Cup Fixtures

Key Players

Henrik André Jelsa

Muhammed Akar

Youth Intake (most promising)

Andre Ravndal

Just a brief update after what was a really rewarding first season at the Midjord Stadium. We hovered just above the relegation zone all season and took are survival attempt into the last game of the season, witch happened to be a tough away game against local rivals Randaberg! Randaberg dominated but we came trough with two goals to snatch it 2-1 and secure another season in the 2.divisjon group 3.

The Cupen paired us with Start, who edged us out in a close encounter at Midjord, 1-2. Our first youth intake was very poor and the only player of note was Ravndal (above). Senior player wise, Jelsa (above), was clinical at crucial times throughout. 15 for finishing was mightily impressive upon evaluating the players for the first time.

Really enjoying this save so far and I already have a favourite in the shape of Jelsa.:cool:

Season | League   | Position  |  Cup    |  Europe                 |      Achievements        |  Top Scorer(lge)       | 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2012   | 2.div    |   10th    | 1st rnd | N/A                     | N/A                      | Henrik André Jelsa (13)|
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*This challenge attempt is carried out to the guidelines of ri916's FM13 Anglo/Euro Youth Academy Challenge.

Great season there, Gundo. In real life that division is pretty hard, with a lot of quality teams (Norway wise). So managing that position without signings is a great effort.

Looking forward to see how the next season goes. KUTGW!

Great season there, Gundo. In real life that division is pretty hard, with a lot of quality teams (Norway wise). So managing that position without signings is a great effort.

Looking forward to see how the next season goes. KUTGW!

Thanks. It will almost certainly be another struggle, but aslong as I survive that is the main thing. Also Sandnes have suffered successive relegations so will join us for another local tie! I was holding out some hope that Brodd might have signed Per Christian Myhre before my arrival, but he opted for Vaulen just down the road instead.

EDIT Just noticed the posts about the record, i'm not sure if it is, but it beats my personal one on FM10 with a Belgian team I can't even remember :D In 5 years (i'll have to look back to see who it was)

Edit again 7 years with KRC Gent-Zeehaven according to my post screenshots gone now though :( (and yes SMPL was me, I had to change username after the big blackout the other year)

Did not know that was you.:D I can't recall anyone else doing it quicker, could be wrong though.

Well done on staying up Gundo. This is where the new training becomes frustrating because for that level Ravndal could be rounded off a bit. His 9's and 10's are in decent areas, it's the teamwork and stamina that could have really been worked on in the past.

Edit: And yes SMPL was me, I lost the email address I used to register that time because it got hacked and banned for spam :D So when we had the blackout I couldn't use SMPL to log in :( My new name is better anyway and I did say to to a mod at the time the reasons why I had to use the new name :D

Yes true. I actually find the new training quite confusing and haven't been brave enough to tweak anything in it just yet.

So far bar one or 2 players that have really needed a focus that the coaches don't agree with i've left it to them.

Another thing for those who have managed to sign a Head of youth development coach, if my save is anything to go by be careful because they'll sign anybody behind your back. Luckily there's the delay option so you can have a player scouted before the final decision, but if you're in the middle of signing a few players already it can be easy to let 1 or 2 signed by him slip through the net if you let your guard down (like I did with Kaiser, though to be fair he's turned out alright :D)

NK Novalja of the Croatian Second Division welcome a new manager the club, English born Joe Faultless.

With a wage budget of £8,708 and a policy of only signing under 18 players and developing their own talent, not quite as hardcore as Gundo ;), it remains to be seen whether any success will be had in this footballing backwater.

download.jpg

Hopefully this will be more successful than my Ukrainian effort.

I'm determined to conquer an Eastern European league.

Youth intake

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g414/alurny/Petrzalka/2014youth.png

KralYp01.png

A much needed left back.... not! But his ability to play right back makes him automatically my back up right back, so will probably find himself in the first team sooner rather than later. 4* potential, and 4 grey stars means he has a big chance of making it. Either footed too I notice! Wow!

Orsula2014.png

Attributes look well distributed, and has the potential to be a starter going off my assistant report, a position we have depth, but he will be valued for years to come.

seman2015.png

Wohoo! A central midfielder, technically gifted, and potentially great, sadly has a somewhat embarrassing name!

Decent intake Mand312. Youth intake day and the resulting trail game v the under 19's is so exciting, as you hold out in expectant hope of getting that superstar youngster come through. I also find the head of youth development's influence on the intake fascinating.:cool:

Good luck Faultless.:thup:

Fantatstic result Dexter. You even finished before I started the regular season. If you play on it will be interesting to see if the other Austrian teams can grow a bit in your shadow.

Mand312. Really jealous of those youths. I'm pretty sure I could drop Kral in my first team immediately.

Gundo, are you running a profit? I'm asking because it must be hard to get out of the lowest divisions without money to spend on expanding the youth setup. Anyway if you complete the challenge I might have to invent some new superlatives.

Glibster, I was thinking about hiring one but I'll probably wait untill I can upgrade the youth department before I waste the money. Not sure about how a HOYD influences things, so we'll see, maybe next year once I have a better idea about my finances.

And off course good luck to the (false-)starters. Nobody taking on the challenge in my native Belgium at the moment ?

A brilliant start to the season where we are now dominating most games. The new signings have gelled straight in and the difference having Kaplan in goal has been amazing. No longer am I letting in 25+ yard goals in every other game and the whole team seems so much more settled when he plays. Lazaro has also impressed in most games, his signing albeit an expensive one has not just helped us but seems to have affected Red Bull who are inconsistent to say the least.

In came 2 new signings in January, both full backs as I feel that the depth there is where we are weakest at the moment.

Sergio I tried to sign just after last summers U20 World cup but he'd just signed a new deal, he was still 17 at the time so it didn't make much difference in terms of him playing for me yet but it boosted the fee up by £1.5M when I finally got him in December. Kujala is the other full back, he's lacking a few mentals but i'll play him every other league game and work on that as he still has a star to improve on.

I got Real Madrid in the 1st knockout of the CL this year, I am honestly sick of the sight of them, that's going to be the 4th and 5th time in 2 seasons i've played them and on FM 12 I played them more than anyone in European games :mad:

Jintro I may put this save on hold, if not today then once the season is up as I fancy a new challenge now I have the lot, I will be keeping the save though because I have aims like getting the facilities even better, getting a new stadium and becoming the biggest club in the world. I may actually head off to Belgium and do my next save :D Austria could have a boost to the rep again this year as Red Bull also made it out of the group stage for the first time, they have Chelsea next so I doubt they'll go much further but it is a good start if Austrian clubs are going to start dominating. I find it frustrating when taking these lower nation challenges on that it usually is the human manager that ends up boosting the nation and not the AI manager of the already bigger clubs.

Mand312 A good intake there for you, three 4 stars per year and you'll have this challenge done in no time :D

I am very interested in hearing about your impressions of having a HOYD as well. Is it worth getting one early?

This is mine - Attributes - Knowledge

I got him in my first season so obviously he was nowhere near as good then but I based it mostly on his PA and CA when I got him and also his motivating and mental, as recommended in the blog, whilst I haven't produced any good players of my own yet he found Kaiser for me so he's not been totally useless :D To be fair though, my facilities have been rubbish so with my junior coaching now being excellent i'm hoping this year we may get one or 2 decent ones. If I can finally get the youth recruitment up too then that should see a big boost too.

With 1 game left of the season Goytre were relegated. Was a lot closer than my previous two first seasons anywhere. Think I will attempt Wales again, may use same base game that I originally holidayed but just find a new club to come up. Really want to crack Wales.

With 1 game left of the season Goytre were relegated. Was a lot closer than my previous two first seasons anywhere. Think I will attempt Wales again, may use same base game that I originally holidayed but just find a new club to come up. Really want to crack Wales.

Bad luck. Good to hear that you will give it another go. How is it in Wales, is it tight, or is there teams that stands out in the league?

There are a couple of teams like TNS that are in a separate league almost, but the bottom of the table was quite close going into the relegation group (which is the bottom 6 times who play each other a further twice).

I am now managing Ton Pentre, will post screenshots, if it goes anywhere, as I really dont like photobucket this year!

Good luck with them. Crossing fingers that you will be successful.

I checked the feeder leagues in Wales and there were som interesting teams there.

Llanrhaeadr, (wonderful name, how do you pronounce it:D), Holyhead Hotspur, (good choice for Tottenham fans) and Cwmbran Celtic. (The possibility for another Celtic to emerge in Britain).

I am tempted to give Wales a try some time.

Gilbster Shame you went down, good luck on your new save. I agree about photobucket now too, for whatever reason the "switch to old photobucket" option doesn't work for me. What I have found is a good way to link things up on it is as long as you name each screen shot correctly then you can hover over a pic and it'll tell you what that pic is, from there you right click > copy url address and then paste it back on here/wherever. I still prefer the old layout because you could also c&p the longer/harder to spell names/words rather than type them out manually as well :D

EDIT: I've loaded up Bulgaria and intend to do my own save using youth recruitments only like a few others have done (though it may end up I do it in Romania, i'm undecided :D) I was wondering if to save time we could use FMC on youth intake only saves? The other challenges seem to accept it anyway as long as you don't use the unlockables.

I'll stick by forum rules, but as there's no scouting needed or anything it could be a good option for those that just want to crack on and play. Obviously if there's any objections then i'd not use it and stick with the full version like I am at the moment.

Croatia has been kinder to me than Ukraine so far, currently sitting 2nd with 4w D1 L1, early days but the future seems exciting.

Also got a striker that looks like he could cut it in the division above who has 8 goals in 6 games, although he does want to leave for a bigger club, I have convinced him to give me two seasons to get us promoted.

[quote name='Jintro;8267603

Gundo' date=' are you running a profit? I'm asking because it must be hard to get out of the lowest divisions without money to spend on expanding the youth set-up. Anyway if you complete the challenge I might have to invent some new superlatives.[/quote']

It turned out worse than our projection in the end. Current balance at the end of season one is £57,865 in the red, having made a loss of -£82,861. I'm definitely going to have to cut back on my wages outlay and team bonuses for next season or this could get out of hand.

Best way I see it of making decent money early on is good cup runs (draws away against the bigger teams) but even then its difficult because the big clubs play away from home in the early stages and don't play home ties until the third round.

Good luck again in Wales Gilbster.:thup:

Nice start Faultless, hope you can keep it going now.:thup:

Dexter_Morgan this is great news, look forward to seeing how you progress in Bulgaria/Romania. You will no doubt enjoy the added difficulty I am sure of that.:cool:

I would prefer people to use the full football manager experience in this thread, simply there is no way of policing unlockables ect.

2013/14 Ton Pentre - Wales - End of Season Update

Table | Positions Graph | Star Player | Transfers

What a season, after Gilbster has failed to get past the first hurdle in Holland, Romania and Goytre, Wales, she finally survives a season, and not just by the skin of her teeth.

At no point during the season did Ton Pentre fall into the drop zone, and even though we were in the bottom half split of the table, we were never really worried. I couldnt have asked any more of the squad as they battled into 7th position.

Our cup form however was woeful and we failed to get past the first round entered in either competition.

Aims

Consolodate league position, stay up and in a good mid table location ideally

Clear out deadwood from squad and bring in a couple more signings

Win 1 cup game as an improvement!

edit: Clicked continue and got told that Ton Pentre will play Llanelli in the WPL European Places Quarter Final Playoff.... Dare I dream.....?

Croatia has been kinder to me than Ukraine so far, currently sitting 2nd with 4w D1 L1, early days but the future seems exciting.

Also got a striker that looks like he could cut it in the division above who has 8 goals in 6 games, although he does want to leave for a bigger club, I have convinced him to give me two seasons to get us promoted.

Glad you're settling in better in Croatia mate :cool:

Gundo No problem with playing in full mode mate, holidaying in Bulgaria as we speak :cool:

Gilbster Well done on staying up :thup:

Ton Pentre - Welsh Prem European Places Playoff Update

Well unknown to me, if you finish between 3rd and 7th (8th depending on cup winner?), you get entered into a playoff for the last European place.

Wasnt hopeful against Llanelli in the quarters, but the boys did me proud and we won 2-1 aet.

Semi final was against Welsh big boys TNS, we werent rated, TNS went down to 10 men just before full time, and we won 2-1 aet.

Final was against Aberystwyth, but they were a step too far, given the squad were tired, we had a red card and eventually lost 1-0.

Europe in our first season possibly thankfully, was only a pipe dream. We are nowhere near ready for Europe.

Archived