Gundo's FM13 European Adventure Challenge™

We've made a good start to life in the Austrian Premier Divison and at the winter break we are sat in 7th place though more telling is the fact that we are 14pts clear of bottom club FC Admira who have been awful making our job easier (and I hope they go down after they poached Ibrahimovic from me - he was demanding £4K p/w and the max I can offer is £1K p/w) and only 7pts behind leaders Sturm Graz who've won the league for the last three years on a trot.

We actually opened the season with a 3-0 home win over Sturm Graz though to be fair they were reduced to 10men after just 20mins, however we then lost the next three games and with us being overrun in midfield I switched from my controlling 4-4-2 to a counter-attacking 4-1-4-1 formation (which basically involves defend in numbers and then let my wingers and striker run with the ball and hope for the best) and it's working we are unbeaten in eight games, winning six of them and have won our last four games straight keeping clean sheets in each of them including a famous 3-0 win at the original Franchise FC's (aka Red Bull) own backyard.

I've also solved our money problems after being forced to sell both of my centre-backs as neither would sign a new contract - Hager has just disappeared to Qatar for £1.9m whilst Matlak leaves in Jan for an impressive £3.2m to Genk I also have 50% sell on fee's for both of them, lets hope losing my two star centre-backs doesn't come back to haunt me, thankfully my two understudies have already played 10 games each this season and have stepped up well (Hager and Matlak have both missed half the games through injury already) and with some money in the bank I might be able to actually sign some of the youngsters my scouts have been finding.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nk_kamnik.gif

NK Kamnik - 2014-15 - 8th in Second Division

League Table

The summer was a horror show. ALL of my staff left me, quite a few players did too, and there was a real air of starting from scratch. We were still predicted to finish bottom of the league for this season too.

And that was reflected in how we performed in the league. We were never in any danger of relegation, but lost a LOT of sloppy late goals that cost us points - probably due to the professional nature of several of the teams in the league.

But... We were far less reliant on loans. 6 of my squad averaged over 7 and are staying for next season. We even did ok financially, although that was mostly reliant on fundraising.

We entered the cup. And straight away left it again, with a defeat at non-league Kranj. (Interesting format for the first three rounds, where the lower ranked team plays at home. I like it :thup:).

And the pattern of playing in Slovenia looks to be established now. The two teams that promoted into the 2nd division got relegated. The team that won the 2nd division last season finished bottom of the top flight, and vice versa. It's a tough nut to crack...

Aims for the season - checklist

Not go bankrupt Success! Basically broke even for the season

Improve. Failure

Enter the cup Success!

Be able to see Kamnik on the Slovenian Reputation table without using the scrollbar Failure. We are 25th by reputation in the country. My screen only shows 22

Youth Intake

Shocking. Kept four of them, but no sign of anyone useful yet.

Aims for next season

Top 5 in the league. Realistically not going to challenge the pros yet, so will go for "best of the rest".

Be able to see Kamnik on the Slovenian Reputation table without using the scrollbar.

Someone to get 10 goals in the season.

Season            League          Position       Cup              Europe              Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013/14       2nd Division         6th           N/A             Not yet             A Police season! (9-9-9) 
2014/15       2nd Division         8th           N/A             Not yet             Erm..           

Spotg - losing staff and players must just be a problem in low rep teams, all of my staff left for the first 3 years. Last year only 1 left, but almost none of my players whose contracts were running out would enter contract negotiations, oddly few left and are just on month to month ones.

Good season really considering you had to build again but if you can retain the best players then you can push for higher in the league.

It's really quite annoying. It's not as if they leave for another job. They just say "I'm not staying with you" and then sit on the dole for the next 15 months (and counting).

Perhaps working for me convinces them that football isn't the career for them, and they go back to construction work or something.

I've come back to this challenge as promised and i'm in Slovenia with a name that most regulars will remember and one johnnyquest will certainly remember after his efforts last year at NK Jadran Dekani.

I've taken the screenshots but photobucket is playing up for me so i'll do that tomorrow but i'm currently 6th in the winter break. I forgot how poor this division was and I will be stuck in the bloody thing for another season at least :D

jspotg I am determined to do it this year (I hope someone at least does it because it's been too long to go without completion) but I failed on fm12 after 6 years at NK Ljubljana who are obviously miles better and had top end youth facilities that pulled gems out every year and I also failed at my attempt on this challenge so this isn't going to be easy at all :D I'm also working in a much smaller area (wiki says 1,500 people more or less) than you. Cheers for the wishes though :D

Cheers Taunton i'll behave like always :D

I'll be doing the screenshots at the end of the season seeing as there's only a few games left to play

I don't know if you guys remember me from last year, I managed to get Fjarobyggo to the Champions League round of 16, then I stopped playing FM all together for whatever reason. I gave the Big Euro Challenge a run (blasphemy), but those leagues just don't have the same appeal as taking one of these tiny ones to the top.

I'm currently holidaying in Slovakia. I'll post the info and such when I find out what team I'm gonna be :D

I don't know if you guys remember me from last year, I managed to get Fjarobyggo to the Champions League round of 16, then I stopped playing FM all together for whatever reason. I gave the Big Euro Challenge a run (blasphemy), but those leagues just don't have the same appeal as taking one of these tiny ones to the top.

I'm currently holidaying in Slovakia. I'll post the info and such when I find out what team I'm gonna be :D

Of course we remember. It's great to have you back. Wish you the best of luck in Slovakia.

Stopped playing FM. That's a sentence I have never heard before.:D

200px-Fk_puchov.png

FK Puchov

Slovakia 2. liga

Pre-Season Update

FK Puchov named young unknown Canadian Justin Roche as their new manager.

City Info:

The town of Puchov sits directly between the major cities of Trencin and Zilina in the northeast of Slovakia. The population of the beautiful town sits at just below 20,000 people, and there;s nothing they love more than their football.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxD_dg23O61oQddE5mngCS_ha4vD8k06msHAzkunBvPT5TEcsuqg

The town of Puchov sits directly between the major cities of Trencin and Zilina in the northeast of Slovakia. The population of the beautiful town sits at just below 20,000 people, and there;s nothing they love more than their football.

Club Info - Club History

FK Puchov were founded in 1920, and have never won the 2nd division or the 1st division.

A half decent start to this challenge, we stayed up pretty comfortably which is just about all you can hope for in your first season in Slovenia, I forgot just how bad the quality is and it seems any decent shot on target goes in so it's a lottery. Nothing really happened of any importance all season bar a consortium takeover who gave us a whopping £12k kitty and let me improve the youth coaching.

Got a few frees in for the coming season which were agreed months ago and hoping to improve on the midfield and right wing in the summer.

RocheBag good luck with FK Puchov

FK Linkoping. Less Boing Boing, more Ping Ping

fklinkopiu.png

FK Linkoping 2014 - Season 2 review

Well after a flying start, a big mid-season slump and strong burst at the end we got there in the end, and that’s just my commitment to the FK Linkoping cause! I had a case of second season syndrome and found it hard to get motivated to play FM, especially when things weren’t going my way, but I kept at it and in the end it was a very good season!!

I was asked to avoid relegation and with a media prediction of 13th, I knew that this would be a difficult season. However, much like last season I performed against all the odds and managed to finish 3rd, missing out on a play-off spot on the last day of the season! It was hard to accept, especially with 2 games left I was in 2nd spot!! Still I can’t complain, and hopefully this is a good foundation to build of for next season!.

Table

Much like me (and probably influenced my mood) FK Linkoping had a very up and down season, with a slow start, followed by an unbelievable 9 game unbeaten run, to be followed by a bad run of games, then 6 wins in my last 8 games!

Fixtures

League Position

This season I let a lot of players go, and brought in a few key buys which strengthened the squad no end! I played with the same formation for pretty much the whole season, which was a slightly adapted version of last seasons 4-4-2, except with more advanced wingers. This seemed to work very well for me, and I was creating a lot of chances and scoring a lot of goals throughout the season!

Transfers

First team Squad

Tactics

In terms of players here is a brief overview of my key players this season;

Nils Hammenskog - Well this season was the season Nils went from being a boy to a man. Carried the team with some vital goals, whereas last season he dropped off towards the end, this season he was a machine throughout! Scored 19 goals in 22 games, and finished as the leagues top goalscorer! With an average rating of 7.60, he was the 2nd best player in the division. If he hadn’t missed 4 games through injury, we might have got that 2nd place!

Heikki Laine – Like Nils last season, Heikki was the young striker purchase for the season. Looks a real prospect, he always seemed to find the net in key games and I’m hoping much like Nils he kicks on next season and forms an even more deadly partnership!

Anton Arvidsson - This man is my rock. It’s no coincidence that my worst run of form of the season came when he was out injured for 3 months and I think that if he had stayed injury free 2nd and possibly promotion would have been mine.

Patrik Andersson – Took on the burden of replacing Anton when he became injured, and in the end made it his own. Performed superbly, and I have very high hopes for the partnership between him and Anton for next season.

Boardroom Confidence

Finances

Me

Overall, although slightly disappointed to have missed out on 2nd spot, I am very pleased with how the season went, and cannot wait to get started on my 2nd season! I feel that I have 2 key partnerships developing in defence and attack, and with that the foundation to kick on for next season. Hopefully there will be a turnaround in finances soon, as I could really do with a youth set up!

Austria Salzburg – Premier Division 2017/18 – Season 5

So after finally getting promoted to the Premier Divison last season the plan this season was to survive and if possible enjoy a cup run.

The boards expectations were to avoid relegation, the media predicted we'd finish rock bottom whilst the outgoing Ibrahimovic becomes and Idol at the club, whilst the bookies odds of 2,000-1 didn't bode well.

Reputation wise we climbed up to two stars and 13th in Austria.

Transfers - It was a quiet start as I signed some youngsters and freebies whilst letting Pinheiro leave (he wasn't good enough any longer) and losing Ibrahimovic to FC Admira, then things went to hell in Winter with me losing both of my first choice centre-backs as neither would sign a new contract however the £5m I got for them instantly solved our money problems and I went out and spent a record £525K on a young promising Slovak Striker Tomas Drobnak.

Table - We had an excellent first season claiming an impressive third place and along with it a Europa League spot, we could have done better but with us safe from relegation with eight games to spare thanks to a 3-2 win over walkaway Champions Sturm Graz I rested places for the cup, though we were never in with a shot of the title as Sturm Graz walked the leage for the fourth year in a row (and this was the closest anyone has got to them in three years) and things look like they will only get worse as they have the only Champions League spot they are amassing loads of money - they are worth £67m the second highest valued team is Austria Wien who are worth £20m.

The season didn't get off to the best of starts as we were finding ourselves outmatched in midfield so I switched from my Controlling 4-4-2 to a Counter-Attacking 4-1-4-1 formation, that made us a lot more solid defensively and with my wingers and striker we countered with speed and with us starting to pick up points I started to also switch to a Counter-Attacking 4-4-2 formation mainly for Home games or games against the weaker sides where we didn't need the extra man in midfield. We were also helped by FC Admira being awful at the start of the season - there first point was a draw to us in game 5, they then had to wait until game 11 for their next point and until game 12 for their first win.

Whilst SV Reid sneak into Europe via Fairplay but the biggest surprise was Red Bull missing out on Europe for only the second time and it seems to be their downfall that has caused our Co-efficient to nosedive - for the first three seasons they made it to the UCL Group Stage and even made it to the Knockout Rounds one year, getting out of a group containing Inter and Chelsea and one season they made it to the 2nd Knockout stage in the Europa League, whilst Strum Graz have amde it to the Group Stage twice but failed to win a game yet.

FA Cup - with us safe in the league I decided to put some effort into the FA Cup this season, after a comfortable 1st Round win with both of my new Strikers scoring things got bizarre in the Second Round - we went 1-0 down then somehow got Striker Teixeira sent off for dving - they injured one of my players in a pen that wasn't given, from the lose ball Teixeira was tackled and 'dived' whilst my other Striker scored from the lose ball but the whistle didn't go until way after the ball was in the net, we then went 2-0 down and needed a 94th minute goal to send the tie into extra time where we won 3-2. In the Third Round we also needed extra-time this time to beat a Mattersburg side who'd been down to 10men since the 25th minute. In the Quarter Final we faced arch rivals Red Bull where a pen was enough to win the game as an excellent defensive performance saw Red Bull unable to get a shot on target. In the Semi-Final we faced bottom side FC Admira who had somehow made it this far however we destroyed them on the counter in the first half to set up a Final against Sturm Graz (which funny enough is who we faced in our first final back on FM12).

The Final was to be our first final since reforming the old club made it to the final four times but never won it, whilst Strum Graz were the holders, however we were given some bad news before the Final as Keeper Kunert picked up an injury that ruled him out leaving me to field Academy player Schmid.

We put up a good fight taking the game to extra-time but in the end Sturm Graz were just too strong for us.

Squad, Best XI and Overview

German Maximilian Kunert was again in good form in goal keeping an impressive 13 clean sheets, providing cover was Academy player Philipp Schmid who did well when called upon and couldn't be faulted for the goals in the Cup Final.

In Defence Serbian Milos Despotovic had another solid season at right back as did Tom Franke at left-back. At centreback it turned out Hager and Matlak weren't missed as my two Germans comfortably took their places Tim Schipmann and Robert Loenhardt quickly formed an outstanding partnership.

In Midfield my Captain Robert Hartmann had his best season yet on the right grabbing an impressive 7 goals and 17 assists from 33 games was named Midfielder of the Year, was named in Team of the Year and came Third in Player of the Year, whilst Academy player Florian Enzenberger has made the left his position with an equally outstanding season.

In the middle French Loanee Adrien Robin who came from parent side Monaco was deployed as my DM and was in excellent form, playing in front of him was Gunther Magath who had a poor season though most of that was due to a shocking start to the season, partnering him was Belorussian Roman Savostikov who was in excellent form when he wasn't getting suspended anyway.

Upfront Academy player Jasmin Basic lead the line impressively with a return of 24 goals from 25 starts and his form even got him a callup to the Bosnian national side and one of his goals came second in Goal of the Year. Covering him was the highly rated Timo Kirschstein who managed to stay injury free to be given a run in the side, whilst new signing Tomas Drobnak was introduced slowly though he wasn't helped to the switch to one Striker, I also had Manuel Teixeira who is a right sided player I'm retraining as a Striker to add some more depth.

Academy - I promoted defender Pascal Kremer and yet another winger Sebastian Plank, though for some reason my head of youth development decided to sign up all the candiates on me this season?

Whilst one of my players will be going to the World Cup - Left Back Sassi switches Nationality from German to Tunisian

Finances - we are finally out of the red though that was only thanks to selling players, and excluding transfers we would have just about made even, the main problem we have is that we cannot expand our stadium and we have just had planning permission for a new stadium rejected.

Confidence - I'm untouchable though the fans don't seem to like my defensive approach...

Awards wise I win both of the Manager of the Year awards whilst we were named Best Team.

So the plan for next season is to enjoy the Europa League and see if we can get to the group stages, whilst in the league the goal is to again stay up and see if we can snatch a European place again.

Nationalities:

15; Austria

10; Germany

03; Croatia, Turkey

02; France, Serbia

01; Algeria, Belarus, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Denmakr, Finland, Portugal, Slovakia

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements         Europe   Euro Ranking Austria (UCL/EL)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14        First Division             6th                                      14 (2/3)
2014/15        First Division             4th                                      16 (1/3)
2015/16        First Division             2nd                                      15 (2/3)
2016/17        First Division             1st        Champions!                    16 (1/3)
2017/18        Premier Division           3rd        FA Cup Finalists              15 (2/3)

th_default-2.jpeg

NK Jadran Dekani 2014/15 Review

Transfers

Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2

Table

Squad Overview

Bojovic

A year earlier than I hoped for but we're promoted, just like last season nothing really happened bar one difference in that we won more games and it didn't feel like we would lose heavily like last year either. We did have one highlight in the season which did make me think promotion was possible though in this game where we were 3-0 down at half time

I have no idea what to do for next season as my 2 scouts have found me a total of 0 players in 2 years almost and my signings have been me manually looking at players released in Slovenia and hoping they would sign :D Survival is about the best I can hope for.

Drew good luck at FC Charleroi

Nunnsta you look like you had a really good year at FK Linkoping, if you can cut down on the goals you conceded it looks like you'd be in the top 2 next year.

Well our European debut ends before it has got going as Greek side PAOK knock us out in the first round (well the Second Qualifying Round) we lost the First Leg 2-1 in Greece and could only draw the Second Leg 0-0, though to be fair they are a whole lot better than us fielding several internationals and two Portuguese Internationals worth £7m and £8m and nearly each of their players are on more money than my entire side put together, they also have four Austrian's in their side to rub it in.

200px-Fk_puchov.png

FK Puchov

Slovakia 2. liga

2013/2014 Season

Transfers: The transfer of Martin Svec was easily the best piece of business, he started almost every game at Center Back and played great. Vlasko and Gilewicz ended the year as the Attacking Midfield duo and were the string pullers in my attack.

Season Overview: It was really a tale of three seasons. I was expecting survival to be a challenge this season, but I was safe pretty early on. I went into the (frustratingly long) winter break on top of the league.

fixtures2014-1.png

Then in the second part of the year, I couldn't buy a win. My tactic wasn't working, my Keeper sucked, my players couldn't finish, it was insane. So then I switched from my standard 4-2-3-1 Deep, to a quick, counter attacking 5-4-1 with Wingbacks. After that I won 5 of my last 6 games, and climbed from 7th all the way back up to 3rd.

fixtures2014-2.png

Key Players:

CB Martin Svec - Easily our best overall player, he was a beast in central defence doing everything asked

ST Vladimir Luhovy - Our leading scorer, missed his share of chances, but finished a lot too and had a good overall year

Next Season: Hoping to make a push for promotion, but money is short and I have a feeling we played over our heads this year. We'll have to wait and see.

Career Overview:

Season          League            League Finish        Cup                 Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14         2. liga           3rd                  1st round                                                

Dexter: Great job on promotion. Hopefully you can solidify yourself at the next level

spotg I honestly think the change in goalkeeper was the big difference, unlike last year we didn't look like conceding every time the opposition went forward :D Unfortunately as soon as I got promoted I had the same problem again. Luckily after 3 games I was able to drop Rupnik and bring Elvis Dzafic in on a free and it's steadied the boat a bit.

johnnyquest I was hoping for a different team but after seeing the same 2 get promoted after about 25 reloads Jadran was the obvious choice after seeing how well you did last year :) Schwarzmann had a decent year last year but is struggling a bit now, I have brought a bit of competition in for him but I still hope that long term he'll be the first choice as his reports suggest he'll be a good top flight defender.

RocheBag Thanks mate, I think we have a good chance after a bad start but injuries always seem to happen if someone picks up a bit of form.

Finishing 3rd in your first season was a good achievement, hopefully you can get a few bodies in and make the push next year.

th_default-3.jpeg

NK Jadran Dekani 2015/16 Review

Transfers

Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2

Table

Squad Overview

Klun

Krcic

We just about managed to achieve our goal of staying up. The 10 points from the last 5 games couldn't have come at a better time as we were 3 points below Sampion, the good thing was the last 3 games were against teams around us and that is where I got most of my points throughout the season.

A few players have left in the summer for decent fees, i'm hoping to get a few more bodies in so will probably post my dealings then but I do feel i've improved the goalkeeper, central midfield and the left wing.

The board have also decided to build a new stadium not what I would have spent a million on at this stage but the loan repayment isn't too big each month so i'll just have to deal with it for now.

The hope for this season is that we aren't so close to the relegation scrap this year but as long as I survive then i'll be happy. Also to get worldwide scouting would be a bonus, i've been offered a few players from outside Europe but they wouldn't come on trail which was a bit annoying.

Season            League          Position       Cup              Europe              Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013/14       2nd Division         6th           N/A             N/A                  Survival
2014/15       2nd Division         1st           N/A             N/A                  Promotion
2015/16       1st Division         7th           Q/F             N/A                  Survival

Hey everyone, always read these threads and have always wanted to take part in a challenge and complete but I just can't get into fm13. I won the CL with Stranraer on 12 and loved playing that save but now I dunno if it's tactics, the ME or just me but I cannot get into a save. Any advice? I'm gonna give this a go tomorrow, where should I start? I'll take any suggestions in to account before choosing.

legenary For a save like this one thing I will say is the first thing you need is to be committed to it because in the early days 9 times out of 10 it will be a struggle. Like with any other team play to your strengths, I have noticed on this ME that there's a lot less shots on target than in previous FM's so i'd make sure you have as strong a defence as possible for a starting point. In this save i've had 3 keepers in 4 seasons and i've noticed the difference in each year.

I'm sure you've read how hard finances are in these saves so you have to be patient quite often and just improve when and as you can. The first season in any division is always vital, if you can survive that then the chances are that there will be 2 teams a lot worse than yours coming in the next season which gives you a good chance to at least consolidate again and then by the 3rd season in a division you should really be able to kick on.

The good thing about these types of saves is that if you stick with it the enjoyment you get from it is a lot better because you're always the underdog.

Thanks! Yeah I get that, thing is I think if I am posting here regularly, rather than reading, I will hopefully get into it more. I need to find a team that I can get attached to! I'm very boring when it comes to choosing teams, never play outside of Europe and Harley ever outside of UK! Kudos on the job you've done so far, Dexter.

I've chosen Hungary and am holidaying now, will give this 100% and see how I go.

th_default-4.jpeg

NK Jadran Dekani 2016/17 Mid Season Review

Transfers

Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2

Table

Squad Overview

Krajnc

Yurin

What a start to the new season we have had, I knew that quite a few of the players brought in over the summer would improve us but I didn't expect them to this much. I think one big thing that has helped is that I decided in the pre season to arrange the friendlies rather than let the ass man do it for a change so I hand picked poorer opposition in order to give us a morale boost rather than play for money, i've done this for the winter break too.

Yurin has probably had the biggest influence out of the full time signings which shocked me because I was concerned about his appalling lack of pace but his technical attributes seem to more than compensate for that. He's even been a goal threat on the 3-4 times i've had to play him out wide. Krajnc is probably the best out of the lot though and I have managed to get him full time on a Bosman from next summer.

More good news came in the form of my board finally letting me scout the world after a year and half of trying.

My aim for the rest of the season is to try and stay in the top 4, there's not enough depth in the squad to think about anything higher than that really.

legenary Good luck in Hungary, let us know who you've picked later on :)

I've picked the only team to get promoted Vecsési FC! Interestingly, they've never won a trophy in their 102 year history! I noticed they got relegated last season (IRL) and have bounced straight back this year with a decent squad. The future looks bright.

How to pronounce the team name, I have no idea so I'm going for Vek-sessy, sounds similar to Ecstasy. Note I don't condone the usage of any illegal substances nor do Vecsési FC!

I chose Vecsési FC! They got relegated last year IRL so have bounced back. Incidentally, the Hungarian Second Division starts as East and West but then merges into just the Second Divison. The squad I have inherited is quite good, profile picture to come.

Good luck at Vecsési FC legenary.

Do you know sometimes you get one of those of those games where something happens and you take a big risk or you're about to make a change to your tactic mid game when something pops in your head and it comes off? Well i've had 2 of those moments this season.

The first was in the 3-3 draw at home to Maribor, we were 3-2 down at half and a minute in to the 2nd half we went down from 9 to 10 men. I was going to sub a striker and a midfielder and play 4-4-0 to keep the score down but something popped in to my head to play 3-2-2-1 and we scored not long after and held out for a 3-3 draw. The 2nd time was just now, trailing 2-1 at Maribor in the 88th minute which at that time of the game would have meant the gap was down to 2 points for them, then my keeper was injured and all 3 subs had been used. I was thinking of moving Nunic from upfront back in goal and hope we didn't concede but just as I was about to return to the match something in my head told me to move Kovacevic from DM and leave Nunic where he was as he'd already bagged one and was looking dangerous, that decision was justified when he did this to keep us 5 points clear with 8 games left :eek:

Not ashamed to say that celebration was a bit louder than usual :D

Looks like being a good season Dexter_Morgan and i'm jealous of being able to scout the world.

After making a profit last year i asked the board to increase the junior coaching levels which they did to average. Now with loan payments of 11.5K p/m, the team has lost 20-30 K p/m for the last 4 months and i asked to reduce the level, the new board has refused saying the financial situation is fine :rolleyes:

Newington N Ireland Premier League 2018/19

Table

Positions

Cups

This was a frustrating season overall, the cups went well and the league badly. The team started ok but fell behind Linfield and Crusaders very early on and never featured in the title chase. A poor dec and jan meant the team was struggling to get into the top half. A good winning run and poor form for the teams above meant i got up to 3rd. A loss in the last game to distillary dropped me to 5th and meant no euro competition. The County Antrim shield ended with a poor lose in the semi's and the league cup lost to Ballymena at the first hurdle. Linfield proved too tough in the Irish cup after a replay, the team had come from 4-2 down in the first match. Linfield again won in the final of the all-ireland cup.

In europe the team surpassed my expectations winning against slovan bratislava in the first round. In the 2nd rd they outplayed Elfsborg in the home leg winning thanks to this long range shot and won in ET after being completely outplayed in the 2nd leg. In the first leg against Maritimo the team did well but lost lost 5 mins from time after missing a penalty and several one on ones. The 2nd leg proved a formality for the portuguese.

Linfield proved dominant winning everything but the euro run made Newington 500K so the finances are much better and the council proved more accommodating this year which should help.

Transfers

Squad

My squad gets younger as decent young players come in and the older players leave, this year i let go Pierce (122 apps, 8 goals), Morrow (51 apps, 5 goals), Mckay (68 apps, 18 goals) and Smith (98 apps, 8 goals). Evans (72 apps, 3 goals) was on a amateur contract although a first choice CB and got snatched by Derry. Trainor and O'Neill left and were re-signed.

I did however sign McQuade who had played for N Ireland and scored 41 goals the year before. McAlinden seemed to veer between really great and quite poor and Finlay was a great goal provider and scorer. Loughlin was the stand out player.

Season            League          Position       N.Irish Cup              Other Cups                       Europe                        Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013/14       2nd Division         13th           2nd Rd             League Cup - Qtr Final                Not yet                         None            
                                                                    S&S - Qtr Final
                                                                    Intermediate - 1st Rd
2014/15       2nd Division         2nd            3rd Rd             League Cup - 2nd Rd                   Not yet                         Promoted            
                                                                    S&S - 4th Rd
                                                                    Intermediate - 2nd Rd
2015/16       1st Division         5th            3rd Rd             League Cup - 2nd Rd                   Not yet                         None            
                                                                    S&S - 3rd Rd
                                                                    Intermediate - 2nd Rd
                                                                    Co Antrim Shield - 1st Rd
2016/17       1st Division         1st            Qtr-Final          League Cup - 1st Rd                   Not yet                         Promoted, S&S winners            
                                                                    S&S - Winners
                                                                    Intermediate - 1st Rd
                                                                    Co Antrim Shield - Qtr-final
2017/18       Premier              2nd            Final              League Cup - 3rd Rd                Finding the Passports!             None            
                                                                    Co Antrim Shield - Semi-final
2017/18       Premier              5th            5th Rd replay      League Cup - 2nd Rd                Euro Cup - 3rd QRd                 None            
                                                                    Co Antrim Shield - Semi-final
                                                                    All-Ireland Cup -Final

There was a few wins for the other teams in Europe which improved the standings a bit.

N Ireland / Newington

-------------------------------------------------------

18/19 (44th - 4.000), 1.5 stars (118)

19/20 (43rd -5.125), 1.5 stars (134) / 2.024 (428th)

Looking good Dexter, you've made great progress once again.

Unlucky on just missing out on Europe this season Thebaker, but still a good campaign. How big is the new stadium going to be?

I've nearly finished my latest season at Třinec. It was looking good, and we were on course for an immediate return to the top flight, but a bad run of late has seen us slip out of the top two.

nk_kamnik.gif

NK Kamnik - 2015-16 - 1st in Second Division

League Table

It all went really very well. Managed to bring in a few useful loans and some useful free transfers (still nothing as grand as paying for a player, but still. 13 players averaging above 7. Klebcar making tonnes of assists, mostly for Sujica to score. Top at the winter break, we then sat and watched helplessly as Gorica won 7 games in a row, including against us, to put them top by two with two to go, but amazingly, we won both and they shipped a defeat to 8th placed Dravinja to hand us the title by a point :cool:

We completely ignored the cup, and got dumped out in the Qualifying round.

Aims for the season - checklist

Top 5 in the league. Realistically not going to challenge the pros yet, so will go for "best of the rest". Success, and then some!]

Be able to see Kamnik on the Slovenian Reputation table without using the scrollbar. Success! Winning the league took us up to.... 16th :(

Someone to get 10 goals in the season. Success! Blaz Sujica with 16 in 20 games was awesome

Youth Intake

One kid with 2 star potential. The rest were worse. :(

Aims for next season

Stay up.

Win a cup game.

Sign someone from abroad.

Not get depressed about Dexter streaking ahead of me and completing this in Slovenia before I can.

2013/14       2nd Division         6th           N/A             Not yet             A Police season! (9-9-9) 
2014/15       2nd Division         8th           Qual            Not yet             Erm..           
2015/16       2nd Division         1st           Qual            Nope                Promoted!

Spotg -well done on promotion - my youth was like that, 2 2 stars, signed one as i felt i had to sign someone to fill my U18's, this after only one 3 star the year before.

Most of my decent youth players came through 5 or 6 years ago, McAlinden has got his first cap and is now worth 500K :eek: although he seems to be at his potential but that is the highest value in N Ireland.

New stadium capacity is 3616, better than the current 500.

Ah, think we just threw away promotion in a bonkers game. Two games left of the season, we're two points behind Jablonec. They play before us and lose, meaning if we win our match away to 2nd-bottom Taborsko, we'll move into 2nd with one game left to play. Things start off great as we go 2-0 up inside 25 mins. They pull one back and then equalise just after half-time, before taking a 3-2 with 20 minutes to go. We push forward and grab an equaliser with 8 minutes left, and then they go down to 10 men due to an injury and having already used all their subs. Thinking this was our chance to snatch the win, we go on the attack but in the 89th minute, the 10-men of Taborsko score again to lead 4-3. Then they score again, 92nd minute, 5-3. And then again, 94th minute, 6-3. I'm left speechless. Here I am, playing one of our most important games of the season, and in five minutes we've completely imploded against one of the worst sides in the league, who only have 10 players on the pitch.

We still have a chance, but need to win our last game and hope Jablonec lose. Maybe a 2nd season here wouldn't be such a bad thing though, if a nearly-relegated side can put 6 past us, we're probably still not ready for Sparta Prague & co...

th_default-3.jpeg

NK Jadran Dekani 2016/17 Review

Fixtures

Table

Cup - Knocked Out In 2nd rd

Squad Overview

Schwarzmann - The improvement in his form compared to last season is what won me over. He played mostly at CB and he was very solid alongside Klun.

Nation Rankings

Youth Prospects

Kosic

Zurej

As I said in my mid season report the start we made to the season just seemed to keep going and going and the morale in the squad was at it's peak. Having said that I expected Maribor to kick on after the break because they had no cup or European football to worry about either but for whatever reason they didn't get any kind of long term run together whereas we did.

Over the course of the season I am obviously happy but for whatever reason as soon as we went 4-0 up at Roltek Dob in the game that won us the title we just switched off and it kind of takes the gloss off because all season long until that point the players were fighting until the death and not letting trailing by a goal or 2 get them. I probably am being a bit hard though because I wasn't expecting Europe let alone a title and I know there are still 3 or 4 positions that we need to improve on if we are to be yearly contenders.

Our first ever game in European football will be against Partizan Belgrade.

2013/14       2nd Division         6th           N/A             N/A                  Survival
2014/15       2nd Division         1st           N/A             N/A                  Promotion
2015/16       1st Division         7th           Q/F             N/A                  Survival
2016/17       1st Division         1st           2nd RD.         N/A                  Champions

Thebaker Firstly unlucky on missing out on Europe, you still had a good year though and hopefully the new ground will be able to improve your finances. Though unlike you I can scout anywhere i'm pretty much in the same position as you financially as I can't afford any wage over £500 and nobody will come for that :D

spotg Congratulations on promotion, i'm depressed because it's taken me 4 seasons to get anyone near as prolific as Blaz Sujica and they are both wingers :D

johnnyquest Good luck in your final game, also thanks for telling me about how well Schwarzmann turned out because if you'd not have mentioned it i'd have probably chucked him out last summer :o

Not looking forward to this season at all so far, our finances and rep just aren't good enough at the moment. We got past Belgrade after a penalty shootout As each penalty went in of theirs I was convinced we'd miss as i've never seen it get past 6-6 without a miss before :eek::D Bratislava are next and they struggled against Bangor City so i'd say that it's a winnable tie.

FK Linkoping. Less Boing Boing, more Ping Ping

fklinkopiu.png

FK Linkoping 2014 - Season 3 review

So my 3rd season with FK Linkoping ended up with us winning our 2nd promotion! Can’t fault the team, was fantastic throughout and pretty much was top throughout the whole season! Had another dodgy run of fixtures, but luckily no-one seemed to capitalise on it.

Table

Fixtures

Due to the finances of the club I didn’t sign anybody during the close season, only had 1 player come in on a free when his contract expired.

Transfers

First Team Squad

Tactics

Again this season I am indebted to the goals of Nils Hammenskog and Heikki Laine. These 2 were fantastic throughout the season, although both missed games through injury, luckily I just about survived. In defence Arvidsson and Andersson again formed a strong partnership, and were solid throughout the season! However, I still conceded far too many goals for my liking, good job Nils and Heikki wanted to score for fun!

Nils Hammenskog

Heikki Laine

Anton Arvidsson

Patrik Andersson

Robert Ek

Have been untouchable with the board pretty much all season, so am very happy! Have been in the red all season, and keep losing money. If it wasn’t for the board injecting cash throughout the season it would have been a lot worse. Unfortunately at the start of the season they downgraded our professional status, so we’re currently semi-professional and it’s affecting keeping the players I’ve got/attracting new players!

Boardroom ConfidenceFinancesMe

For next season I aim to just survive, improve my defence and hopefully improve the finances and regain our professional status!

default.jpg

NK Třinec - Season Review - 2016/17 - Czech Second Division

League Table - Past Positions - Finances - Facilities

Let's be positive. Last time when we were promoted to the top flight, we were some way short of being good enough. So whilst missing out on promotion is disappointing, especially when we were in the top two for a large chunk of the season, maybe it's for the best as we're probably still shy of being competitive in the First Division. As I mentioned above, we needed Jablonec to slip up on the final day and for us to win to clinch promotion. We won 5-0 to relegate Caslav, but Jablonec held out to beat Vlasim.

A lack of full-backs mean we've switched to a back three, and are playing an unusual 3-1-2-3-1 or 3-1-2-2-2. It has worked OK, but unsurprisingly quite a high proportion of our goals conceded come from crosses.

Squad stats

Key Players

Petr Bednar is easily our best player, and had a fruitful season.

Youth products

YP01a - Vladimir Tesarik (GK) - Hasn't really improved much this year, but he's the best we've got.

YP01b - Jaroslav Pospech (MC) - Decent but fairly quiet, still want him to get involved in the goals a bit more

YP01c - Marek Vlcek (DC) - Solid enough.

YP01d - Michal Dvorak (DC) - Best defender again.

All of the YP01 class have now made 100 appearences for the club.

YP02a - Jan Lukas (DC) - First-team player now, great season alongside Vlcek and Dvorak. Got high hopes for him improving a lot more.

YP02b - Radek Lukac (DM) - First choice DM, good campaign.

YP02c - Vaclav Hrdlicka (AMR) - Featured a lot more this year with us playing with wingers. Did OK

YP02d - Martin Kusy (CM/AML) - Good season, and chipped in with a few goals.

YP03a - Zdenek Prochazka (DM) - Played quite a bit, and did well.

YP03b - Marek Kusy (DM) - Only three starts, probably off out on loan next season.

YP03c - Martin Dvorak (DM) - Same as above, but made four starts.

YP03d - Martin Vyskocil (AMR) - In my last end-of-season update I mentioned Sparta Prague had swooped and signed Vyskocil in the summer, but a crash dump meant that on replaying, the offer never came. He played quite well, mostly off the bench.

YP03e - Radomir Ondrusek (AML) - Played a bit, but was a little disappointing.

Youth candidates 2017

Finally got some promising strikers through, and plenty more DCs.

YP04a - Jan Capek (AML/ST)

YP04b - Petr Stach (DC)

YP04c - Miroslav Martinek (DC)

YP04d - Lukas Cervenka (AMR/ST)

YP04e - Tomas Michal (MR)

No-one bought

Finances are still rubbish. We lose money, the board inject a bit. We lose more money, the board inject some more.

Season  |      League     |  Position   |     Cup      |     Europe      |     Achievement     | Top Scorer (Lge)      
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14 | Second Division |     6th     |      QF      |        -        |       Inc. JC       | Tomas Gavlak (19)
2014/15 | Second Division |     2nd     |    4th Rnd   |        -        | Promotion, inc. JC  | Petr Bednar (17)
2015/16 |  First Division |    16th     |      QF      |        -        |  Avoided the sack!  | Petr Bednar (12)
2016/17 | Second Division |     3rd     |    4th Rnd   |        -        |         -           | Petr Bednar (18)

OK, next season, promotion.

I've been having at look the stats for our goals scored and conceded last season.

Goal Times

Goal Types

Assist Types

A few things of interest (well, in my opinion at least).

Firstly, unsurprisingly, playing only three at the back has meant a high proportion of the opposition's goals have come from the flanks. It's pleasing to see though that we completely bossed the middle of the pitch, 21 assists for compared with just 1 against. I'm generally playing with a DM, two CMs and sometimes and AM and it seems to be working.

I'm surprised to note that we scored zero headed goals at all, disappointing when Bednar is very good in the air and Gavlak's a big lad, and we've been playing with two wingers most of the season.

Finally, we've conceded almost a third of our goals in the final 15 minutes of the match. Maybe this is my tactics and I should be going more defensive late on, or perhaps it's a reflection on my very young side getting nervous towards the end of the game?

Anyway, a few things to work on. I'm retraining some of my numerous DCs to be full-backs, to give us a bit more flexibility and to tighten up against teams with good wingers. At the other end, I'm looking to get a bit more out of my wingers.

Just played the first game of the new season. Admittedly it's a cup match against lower league opposition, but we scored a header! How novel!

EDIT: And another header in our first league game :)

Well I seem to have made a habit of falling apart after the winter break. I went into it top of the table by 3 points, but now have taken one point from the first 4 games after the break, and subsequently fell all the way to 5th place. 10 games to go in the season so here's hoping we can turn it around.

200px-Fk_puchov.png

FK Puchov

Slovakia 2. liga

2014/15 Season Update

Transfers: Pauvk and Seman played great in the center of defence. Csintalan won the starting RWB job and performed very well. Kochan provided good cover at Striker. I'm going to have to replace the three loan signings this year.

Season Overview: We started off the season great, entering the winter break at the top of the table. Just like last season however, we struggled mightily after the break, and dropped as low as 6th at one point. We picked it up a bit at the end, like last year, but only managed to grab 4th place. We had a much better showing in the cup however, making it all the way to the quarter finals before barely losing to 1. liga side Zilina.

2nd half of the season:

fixtures2015.png

Key Players: Nobody really stood out at all. Luhovy lead the way with 10 goals again, but there were no real outstanding performers

Next Season: Hoping to make a push for promotion, but more importantly, try to stop myself from losing every game after the winter break.

Career Overview:

Season          League            League Finish        Cup               Europe                   Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14         2. liga           3rd                  1st round                                                
2014/15         2. liga           4th                  Quarter-Final

Archived