Gundo's FM13 European Adventure Challenge™

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if you don't concede, you can't lose.:D

Noticed yesterday, the Sports Leader for Brodd who is also a local journalist for a newspaper in Stavanger is following my FM Brodd account on Twitter. :cool:

Well if you don't concede, you can't lose.:D

Noticed yesterday, the Sports Leader for Brodd who is also a local journalist for a newspaper in Stavanger is following my FM Brodd account on Twitter. :cool:

Wow, that is brilliant. Maybe he will mention you in the newspaper. Gundo, soon to be a celebrity in Rogaland.:brock:

Taken the challenge and after a hell of a lot of reloading I've landed at the following club..

FC Ilves

137px-Ilves_Logo.svg.png

They play at the Tammela Stadion in Tampere and were Finnish champions in 1983 but have since fallen on hard times. Something of a fallen giant and a task that should be very enjoyable.

Taken the challenge and after a hell of a lot of reloading I've landed at the following club..

FC Ilves

137px-Ilves_Logo.svg.png

They play at the Tammela Stadion in Tampere and were Finnish champions in 1983 but have since fallen on hard times. Something of a fallen giant and a task that should be very enjoyable.

Restoring a fallen giant myself, so I wish a lot of good luck with this challenge.

Austria Salzburg – First Division 2014/15 – Season 2

After a good end to a disappointing season last season I was hoping we'd push on and get promoted this season, though I did tell the board we'd avoid relegation and the bookies gave us odds of 20-1 whilst making Kapfenberger and Neustadt favs.

Reputation wise we were ranked 25th in Austria - behind three non-league sides and three youth sides.

Transfers - With no money it was a quiet but expensive season (money was spent on pre-arranged transfers before I knew we had no money) - Icelandic born Serbian full-back Despotovic arrived for a record £65K, whilst Bulgarian Midfielder Georgiev arrived for £40K and in Jan I picked up some 5 star potential youngsters who'd been released from around Europe - Germans Arik (ML), Sommer (MC) and Kunert (GK), and Russian Djioev (MC) aswell as picking up a couple of Austrians with some experience. Saleswise I let go various squad players and loaned out some of my youngsters to save on wages.

FA Cup - We were again dumped out in the Second Round to a non-league side however I fielded a second-string so it wasn't that bad.

Table - It was a season of four quarters this season - we made a good start and were up their at the top for the first quarter which included two wins against pacesetters Kapfenberger, however come October our form disappeared as we bottled it - drawing six and losing two of the eight remaining games in this quarter - we lost the ability to defend and worst is we just threw leads away, the worst being a 5-3 defeat to Vienna where in the first half we threw away a 2-0 lead collapsing after the ref wrongly awarded Vienna a pen, Ibrahimovic then singlehardly saved us by scoring all six of our goals in the next four games though all draws as we twice through away 2-0 leads, which left us down in 7th at the halfway stage. In the second half we started off with a 5-0 thrashing of Kapfenberger but then fell to Wacker and then could only draw four of our next seven games as injuries and postponed games caused us problems and after three straight defeats we were down in 8th place with five games left and looking to get pulled into a relegation fight, however my team then woke up and we won our final five games including finishing the season with two clean sheets to finish in fourth, though anything apart from first, ninth or ten doesn't make any difference. Rather surprisingly favourties Neustadt who'd just been relegated from the Premier Divsion finished rock bottom.

Squad

Michael Hofler was given the nod in goal this season and whilst he is improving he really didn't impress.

In defence I brought in Florian Hart in Jan at right back to add some experience however he didn't impress and just didn't seem to be interested in playing for me. At left back German Tom Franke had a better though not great season.

In the centre of defence Stefan Hager had another strong season and was forming a good partnership with Peter Pollhuber until Pollhuber got injured and missed the second half of the season, which gave new signing Thomas Bartholomay a chance who after a poor start improved and we may actually have some competition at centre back now.

In midfield Robert Hartmann was on fire down the right and his 15 assists are a new league record which won him Player of the Year, whilst on the left Vedran Vinko had a bit of a mixed season. Academy prospect Florian Enzenberger put in some good performances including a goal on his debut.

In the centre Gunther Magath had an excellent season he started off as my offensive midfielder before dropping back to the defensive role and was named Young Star of the Year, starting the season in the defensive role was highly rated youngster Alois Maurer who put in some good performances but struggled when we playing badly, which is one of the reasons why Magath switched to the defensive role, the other was so Fabian Herzgsell could get some games - he's a highly rated original Salzburg player, but with the form of Hartmann he couldn't get a game on the right so I moved him into the centre of midfield.

Upfront Brazilian Pinheiro lead the line featuring in ever game scoring a league joint record 21 goals and being named Top Scorer, also on form was Edin Ibrahimovic chipping in with an impressive 15 goals from 25 games which is even more impressive considering he is my support striker and his average rating was a new league record. Though the best story was from Academy youngster Jasmin Basic who scored an impressive nine goals in seven appearances - I got his debuts out of the way with a start in the FA Cup and a sub appearance in the first half of the season, but in April with a lack of options I put him on the bench and he came on at half time against Kapfenberger scored a goal to bring us back into the game at 2-1 but then had to be subbed as a had a centre-back sent off on the hour but not a bad 15min cameo, after impressing a started him against Altach where he scored a first half hat-trick - not the classiest of hat-tricks but they all count - he opened the scoring in the 1st minute after their keeper could only head a poor backpass into Basic's path, his second came from a one-on-one where the keeper saved it but dropped the ball leaving him with an empty net, but his third had a bit of class turning on the edge of the area and powering the ball into the roof of the net.

Best XI - I'd agree with that this season.

Academy wise we were given Goalkeeper Philipp Schmid and Austrian born Turk Serkan Gulcan who got a cheeky sub appearance at 15 to set a new record.

Finances - Not great at all though £500K of that is from paying back the bank loan and another £350K was from end of season bonuses to my players.

Manager - My Reputation has now increased to National which brings me in line with the club will hopefully make some of the 'bigger' players listen to me.

European Ranking - This is not good Austria has dropped to 16th which means not only have we lost the Champions League Group spot we have also been reduced to just the one Champions League spot :(

The plan for next season is to again get promoted, hopefully our we can take our end of season form into the new season, on the plus side I found out by accident that I can register seven foreign players for my B team which makes them registered for my first team aswell meaning I can have upto 14 foreign players which is good considering I have 16, though the biggest problem is you match day squad is limited to 3 over 21 FGNs - which makes the season after next a problem as the likes of Franke, Hartmann and Magath will all be 21.

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements         Europe   Euro Ranking Austria (UCL/EL)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14        First Division             6th                                      14 (2/3)
2014/15        First Division             4th                                      16 (1/3)

default.jpg

NK Třinec - Season Review - 2014/15 - Czech First Division

League Table - Past Positions - Finances - Facilities

I think the league table and past positions screenshots tell you all you need to know about this season. We just simply weren't anywhere near good enough. We never managed to string a run together, and we relegated with a couple of games to go. The board were unsurprisingly not too happy with our league performance (they wanted us to avoid relegation, and were unhappy that we only managed to 'bravely battle against it'). Still, they decided to keep me, and even offered me a new contract over the summer.

Squad stats

Key Players

For a club that finished bottom of the league, Bednar and Gavlak both did well to reach double figures. (YP01d) Michal Dvorak was our stand-out defender and fans' player of the year.

Youth products

YP01a - Vladimir Tesarik - Really struggled in the top flight, but has at least improved his attributes over the season.

YP01b - Jaroslav Pospech - Showed glimpes of quality but again a bit out of his depth, hopefully will benefit from a return to the 2nd division.

YP01c - Marek Vlcek - Did OK, but was overshadowed by his DC partner

YP01d - Michal Dvorak - Good season, fans' player of the year, and called up to the Czech U21s.

YP02a - Jan Lukas - Played a fair bit, taking over from the aging Bartos at right-back.

YP02b - Radek Lukac - Only DM on the books until the latest youth intake, so played a lot, and did OK considering his age.

YP02c - Vaclav Hrdlicka - Hardly featured, a change in formation next season should give him more appearances.

YP02d - Martin Kusy - Loaned out for a bit and did OK, came back towards the end of the season and did alright when played.

Youth candidates 2016

The silver lining on an otherwise gloomy season, with five 5* rated players. Three of them are DMs, but two promising wingers is good news.

YP03a - Zdenek Prochazka (DM)

YP03b - Marek Kusy (DM)

YP03c - Martin Dvorak (DM)

YP03d - Martin Vyskocil (AMR)

YP03e - Radomir Ondrusek (AML)

I was excited about Vyskocil in particular, but alas, Sparta Prague have since come in for him in the summer, and the chairman took the decision out of my hands. At least there's a 50% future sale clause in there, but it's a still a shame.

No-one bought

Season  |      League     |  Position   |     Cup      |     Europe      |     Achievement     | Top Scorer (Lge)      
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14 | Second Division |     6th     |      QF      |        -        |       Inc. JC       | Tomas Gavlak (19)
2014/15 | Second Division |     2nd     |    4th Rnd   |        -        | Promotion, inc. JC  | Petr Bednar (17)
2015/16 |  First Division |    16th     |      QF      |        -        |  Avoided the sack!  | Petr Bednar (12)

So we take a step backwards, but I'm not too disheartened. Our board have asked for a top-half finish this season, so they're clearly giving me a chance to rebuild. Hopefully we'll be a much stronger outfit when we return to the top flight. Whenever that is...

I've just found out that when a player becomes Homegrown in Austria they no longer count as a FGN player for the registration rules, which has just saved my bacon as four of my German players have just turned 21 and you can only play three FGN over 21's, however at the end of the month they all became homegrown and are no longer classed as FGN :)

I know the current ME has less shots in general compared to the last version, but is it worryingly low for anyone else or just me?

My last 8 games; total shots from each team:

(h) 0-2

(a) 1-6

(h) 1-5

(a) 7-5

(h) 1-5

(h) 5-5

(h) 1-5

(a) 10-9

I am playing a cautious/defensive style of play, simply because it seems to be working and is different to the attacking style I have usually adopted in previous FM's.

I know the current ME has less shots in general compared to the last version, but is it worryingly low for anyone else or just me?

(h) 0-2

(a) 1-6

(h) 1-5

(a) 7-5

(h) 1-5

(h) 5-5

(h) 1-5

(a) 10-9

I am playing a cautious/defensive style of play, simply because it seems to be working and is different to the attacking style I have usually adopted in previous FM's.

I agree with you. It is to few shots, and I think, a lot of boring matches.

I currently sits second with Lyn, but I still think every game is a bit like a lottery. It is not easy to understand what you do right and wrong.

I may take a little pause from the game and wait for the ME to be more polished.

What are your experience/feeling about the new ME?

Personally, the best ME that FM has ever had. Although not perfect, as it never will be. Games play out beautifully and atleast for now (because I'm keeping it simple) I'm finding it reasonably easier than previous versions to read what is going right/wrong ect.

My mine gripe is with the shot count, I think in my case it's been made worse because I'm playing a cautious 4-5-1 style. Trying to tweak it to produce more goals or atleast more shots. So well see how that plays out...

I like scenarios like the following; going into a league game and I'm top form against a team without a win in 7 who currently sit in the relegation places. Anyway they try very hard in the game, dominate shots and a few other areas, only the be beat by a Brodd team 3-2 that only produced 3 shots all game (one a stunning free kick), but that's the confidence/form factor, really finding it an interesting ME at present despite the low average shot count.

Taunton, don't take a break. Read some more posts regarding latest ME and garantee you'll feel better for it. And I think this version more than any, you need to play to your players strengths for sure.Hope this helps! :)

Taunton, don't take a break. Read some more posts regarding latest ME and garantee you'll feel better for it. And I think this version more than any, you need to player to your players strengths for sure.Hope this helps! :)

You are probably right. I have to try not let the frustration get to me. I actually do well, but as I said, am a bit unsure at times of what I do right or wrong. Will follow your advice and keep fighting:)

Austria Salzburg – First Division 2015/16 – Season 3

This season I was hoping to build on some good performances from last season (mainly the fact that we won our last five games) and get us promoted.

The board this season wanted a top half finish, the bookies odds of 12-1 put us in the bottom half whilst the media predicted we'd drop to 5th I've also just noticed that Pollhuber and Ibrahimovic are now favoured personnel.

Our reptutation is also slowly increasing as we move upto 23rd in Austria.

Transfers - It was another quite season with no money and more worryingly we found a lack of players - main signings were the arrival of three highly rated youngsters 16yo Austrian Striker Kirschstein, 17yo Slovak Centre-back Roman Matlak and 18yo Belarussian Midfielder Roman Savostikov who finally joined after turning 18. Saleswise I released several squad players as there wages were too high, some youngsters were loaned out and Strauss left for a club record £9K.

Table - We did well this season but just couldn't match Wacker picking up piles of injuries didn't help either, we started the season off slowly picking up injuries to several players, however in the second quarter we hit form winning 6 and drawing 5 to put us top of the table by the midseason break, the most memorable being a 4-2 win away to leaders Wacker who were on a 17 game unbeaten run, even better was the fact that we spent nearly the whole game down to 10 men after Franke was sent off for a two-footed lunge after 25mins, my Keeper Kunert put in the performance of the season with a 9 rating and was robbed of the man of the match award by Pinheiro. However the third quarter of the season proved our undoing as we lost five out of the nine games and after 27 games we'd dropped to second two points behind Wacker but only two points ahead of 6th place Vienna. The injuries were just piling up - we'd lost (LM) Vinko at the half-way point for the rest of the season I then lost (CMa) Hergzsell for three months and worse of all Magath for two months leaving me with two guys who couldn't speak German or English in the midfield of the field, it didn't help that my defence were all over the place and most annoying were my Keepers they would randomly either put in a promising performance or fail to save a single shot - it got so bad at one point that I actually subbed my Keeper during a game. Switching my full-backs from support to defend duties made us more solid at the back but the game decided to mock me further by taking out (RM) Hartmann and my strikers - it got so bad that my bench had three defenders on it as I just didn't have any players.

We won our next few games but so did Wacker which set us up for game 32 of the season were we made our last visit to Wacker and with Wacker still two points clear the winner of this game would likely end up champions, however we both knew neither of us could afford to lose the game and it ended up a 0-0 stalemate as both defences were on form, on the plus side the teams below us had started to fall away as we opened up a two point lead of third placed Gratkorn and were now nine points clear of sixth placed Vienna. However we'd now run out of steam and players and could only draw our next three games that handed the title to Wacker.

FA Cup - we were in good form as we made it to the Quarter Final even with me fielding a second string side with Academy Striker Basic leading the line with him grabbing a record four goals in the First Round, however the Quarter Final came at the wrong time in the middle of my injury crisis and so I fielded a second/third string side with my new youth candidates on the bench and upfront as I only had two fit first team strikers that I couldn't afford to lose and we did well against Premier Divison side Linz until one of my more experienced players Hart gave away a needless pen to take the game to extra-time where another error from Hart gifted them a late winner. From some reason the board and fans weren't happy with us losing in extra-time to a bigger team two round past where they expected us to go out, though I didn't notice at the time but Linz were the last Premier Division side left in the Cup with the other semi-finalists being non-league Leoben and fellow first divisioners Wacker and Altach so my first might have won the cup but the league at that time was more important and considering I still lost two players to injury in the game I shudder to thing which first teamers they could have been, on the plus side we were awarded £30K prize money.

Squad and Best XI

German Keeper Max Kunert came in this year after being signed on a free after leaving Stuttgart and was loaned to LASK last season and overall he did well with his good performances overriding his poor ones.

At right-back we struggled with loanee Rene Pitter being the most reliable. On the left German Tom Franke had a good season and continued to improve. In the Centre of Defence Stegan Hager was a rock with his Average Rating of 7.71 being a new League Record he was also named Young Player of the Year, partnering him was new signing Roman Matlak who also had an excellent season considering he is only 18 and doesn't yet speak German/English. Providing cover was German Tim Schipmann who despite his poor Physical attributes put in some good performances, I was a bit worried about playing him at centre-back but his mental attributes made up for his lack of jumping and speed.

In midfield Robert Hartmann had a poor season by his standards on the right, whilst on the left Vedran Vinko's season was cut short by injury. Providing cover was Academy player Florian Enzenberger who had a good season and was equaly at home on the left or right.

In the middle Gunther Magath was a rock in the defensive role and those 10 games he missed proved costly, partnering him was Fabian Herzgsell and they formed a good partnership however Herzgsell missed over half the season luckily I had Roman Savostikov providing cover and whilst he played well he just lacked the pressence we had with Herzgsell.

Upfront Pinheiro lead the line grabbing an impressive 24 goals in just 28 appearances and he finished top scorer in the league again with his 24 goals being a new record, his partner Edin Ibrahimovic also had a good season though his form did drop off at the end and the biggest surprise was the fact that not only did he get called upto the Bosnian National side he actually went to Euro2016 and partnered Dzeko upfront where they made it to the Knockout Round. (Austria also made it to Euro2016 but finished bottom of their group). Providing cover was Academy prospect Jasmin Basic and he put in some good performances, I also had a highly rated youngster Timo Kirschstein who I'd snatched from Burgenland and whilst he has bags of potential he is made of glass and spent most of the season injured :(

My Academy gave me two decent youngsters this season Manuel Bertram who can play at right back or in midfield and Jorn Scheuer who can play at centre-back or in midfield. I've also noticed that my youth players are happy to accept full-time contracts on just £55p/w which saves me £200p/w per youngster when they turn 17.

Finances are just getting worse though £450K of that loss was due to my bank loan.

European Places - On the plus side Austria reclaims the second Champions League spot with the move upto 15th.

So the plan for next season is again to get promoted, hopefully we'll suffer less injuries this season I also need to find a way to make money without resorting to selling my key players.

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements         Europe   Euro Ranking Austria (UCL/EL)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14        First Division             6th                                      14 (2/3)
2014/15        First Division             4th                                      16 (1/3)
2015/16        First Division             2nd                                      15 (2/3)

(h) 0-2

(a) 1-6

(h) 1-5

(a) 7-5

(h) 1-5

(h) 5-5

(h) 1-5

(a) 10-9

This is what my average was for the last season league games only, I play a controlling 4-4-2:

(Me - Opponent) Average ; Mode ; High ; Low

Shots: 8-10 ; 8-12 ; 16-20 ; 4-2

On Target: 4-4 ; 2-6 ; 9-9 ; 0-0

Score: 2-1 ; 2-0 ; 4-5 ; 0-0

No idea how that compares to other leagues or RL or pre-patch.

One thing that I did think was a bit of a problem was nearly every shot on targeting going in, however the stats over the season actually show my keeper did better than the oppositions - we scored from on average 45% of our shots on target, whilst the computer scored from 33% - in three games I conceed each shot on target and in other 4 at least 60% of the shots went in, whilst I scored each shot on target in 4 games and in another 8 at least 60% of the shots on target went in.

No idea, maybe quicker recovery times from injuries? I can only afford one at present anyway.

In previous versions the more physios you have the quicker they can treat players - if you have too many injured players for the physio you'll see some of your players showing as awaiting treatment for longer.

I'm also stuck with one physio an extra one would have helped last season, on the plus side I am upto six coaches from the initial four, however I still don't have any youth coaches so my youth players have to sit in my first team (not that my youth team plays any games anyway) to actually get trained, putting them in the B team puts them under the control of my non-existent youth coaches.

The bigger problem I am having is with scouts I had an 18/19 judging scout last season but he retired on me and I am struggling to even get 12 rated scouts to sign for me.

I'm also stuck with one physio an extra one would have helped last season, on the plus side I am upto six coaches from the initial four, however I still don't have any youth coaches so my youth players have to sit in my first team (not that my youth team plays any games anyway) to actually get trained, putting them in the B team puts them under the control of my non-existent youth coaches.

Are the coaches that you do have all first-team coaches specifically, or just 'coach'? If the latter, they'll coach your youth team as well as the first team.

Are the coaches that you do have all first-team coaches specifically, or just 'coach'? If the latter, they'll coach your youth team as well as the first team.

They are coaches, but in FM13 coaches only coach the first team like first-team coaches from previous versions, only youth coaches can train your youth team in FM13 (plus your GK Coach and Head of Youth Development).

It might be fourth time luckly for Salzburg after nine games we are top of the league by one point, even more impressive is that we are unbeaten (and on a record 19 game unbeaten run) and have kept six(!) clean sheets in those nine games, though we have drawn four of those nine.

Injuries again are not helping in those nine games I have started 20 different players and have five players who have come on as subs and only five players have appeared in each game :(

This is what my average was for the last season league games only, I play a controlling 4-4-2:

(Me - Opponent) Average ; Mode ; High ; Low

Shots: 8-10 ; 8-12 ; 16-20 ; 4-2

On Target: 4-4 ; 2-6 ; 9-9 ; 0-0

Score: 2-1 ; 2-0 ; 4-5 ; 0-0

No idea how that compares to other leagues or RL or pre-patch.

One thing that I did think was a bit of a problem was nearly every shot on targeting going in, however the stats over the season actually show my keeper did better than the oppositions - we scored from on average 45% of our shots on target, whilst the computer scored from 33% - in three games I conceed each shot on target and in other 4 at least 60% of the shots went in, whilst I scored each shot on target in 4 games and in another 8 at least 60% of the shots on target went in.

Certainly some interesting figures and your average shots do seem on the low side (like most I suspect). Mine appear even lower! But again maybe this is compounded because I'm playing more cautiously? Even so I would have expected to create more than 8 shots in five home games!

Certainly some interesting figures and your average shots do seem on the low side (like most I suspect). Mine appear even lower! But again maybe this is compounded because I'm playing more cautiously? Even so I would have expected to create more than 8 shots in five home games!

I have an old pre-patch save from the try that I used 4-2-2-1-1 in and according to the stats panel I averaged 13 shots a game, the only other save I have is from FMC relegation challenge with Man Utd that has an average shots per match of 15 (pre-patch, but as it's a challenge most of the results are computer generated).

At the half-way point of my current season my stats are pretty much the same as last season - nine shots a match, four of them on target and average score 2-1.

I have an old pre-patch save from the try that I used 4-2-2-1-1 in and according to the stats panel I averaged 13 shots a game, the only other save I have is from FMC relegation challenge with Man Utd that has an average shots per match of 15 (pre-patch, but as it's a challenge most of the results are computer generated).

At the half-way point of my current season my stats are pretty much the same as last season - nine shots a match, four of them on target and average score 2-1.

Just checked my stats so far this season and in league games only (17 so far), we are averaging 5 shots per game. Also still tweaking my tactics to see how much difference that makes.

I just have to say a big thank you to Gundo for encouraging me to keep on fighting.

We finished third in the league, and went into play-off for the promotion to Tippeligaen.

After stumbling through the first two games, ( needed a 90 min penalty to go through), we were in the play-off final against Sarpsborg. They finished 14 in the Tippeliga. (Premier division).

Hold on for a narrow defeat away, then this happened. PROMOTION!!

And the best thing was the way we played. It was amazing football. Passed and moved and bullied them out of the park. I didn't believe that the ME could produce this kind of football.

So, delighted with promotion, the board will build a new stadium and things look bright. (Until I mess up in the premier, that is:D)

But this wouldn't have happened if you hadn't cheered me on, Gundo. I think I owe you a beer.:D

nk_kamnik.gif

NK Kamnik - 2013-14 - 6th in Second Division

League Table

You know, I'm not sure I've ever finished higher in a first season in Slovenia. It all started pretty terribly, but a tactical shift to 4-2-3-1 after 8 games led to us winning three on the trot to get out of the bottom two, and we were never really in danger from there. We even ended with a 9-9-9 record, which is very pleasing!

All the quality in the team came from loan players, with none of my permanent squad averaging above 7, but three loanees doing so. Typically, I have no chance of getting any of them in permanently.

We weren't even selected for the Cup, our reputation is so low. :eek:

We're losing money really quickly - mostly due to home crowds of less than 100 - so I'm going to have to hope that I can sell someone or have a generous chairman.

We got 10 points from 9 games against my previous teams in this league, and finished above both Sencur and Sampion, which was pretty satisfying. And with Krsko coming down from the top flight, if Krka don't go up through the playoffs, we will have at least half the league full of my old teams (and that assumes that Tolmin and Portoroz Piran don't come up!)

Youth Intake

Shocking. Would have sacked them all, but I wanted to have some sort of youth team

Aims for next season

Not go bankrupt.

Improve.

Enter the Cup.

Be able to see Kamnik on the Slovenian Reputation table without using the scrollbar

Season            League          Position       Cup              Europe              Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013/14       2nd Division         6th           N/A             Not yet             A Police season! (9-9-9)            

logo_lyn.jpg

Taunton - Lyn - Season review - 2015 - Norwegian 1. division

League: 3rd

Play-off:

Round 1 vs Sandnes Ulf. Win 4-2. (Was trailing 2-1. Got a 90th minute penalty. Won after extra-time.)

Round 2 vs Asker. Win 1-0. (Got two players sent-off (utvist in Norwegian). But managed to hold on.)

Round 3 vs Sarpsborg. First game: Lost 1-0. Return leg: Won 4-0. Promotion!!

Lots of frustrations during the season albeit we spent most of it in second place. I struggled to find any consistency, and thankfully that was the story for the other teams as well, bar Fredrikstad.

It ended the best possible way, promotion via Play-off. The play-off system in the 1. division makes you have to play two games against fellow 1. division teams before taking on the team that finished third last in the Tippeliga. I think we got lucky, because the rules in FM is different from real life. Then the Tippeliga-team is home in the second leg.

Anyway, played them off the park in the last game, and gained some faith in the new ME as well. Long may it continue.:D

Best player: Marius Dalsaunet Nossum. Signed for free from Lillestrøm in my first season. Is only getting better and better. A top defender.

Top scorer: Andreas Hjort. Lyn through and through. Great player with great potential. Dangerous in his AMC-role.

Youth prospect: Erik Dalen. Left back. Some good players are coming through every year. Looks like Lyn has a good base to recruit from.

Economy: Better. Third in the league and a quarter-final in the cup provides income. Now we have a big loan on the new stadium and had a take over. No tycoon, it was the fans that bought the club and immediately took up some more loans.:D

Key: This season (Last season)

Wage budget: Nkr 59.000 p/w ( 150.000 p/w)

Transfer budget: Nkr 42.000 (60.000)

(For pounds, just divide the number with ten)

Av. attendance: 1426 (2043)

Norwegian players in the first team squad: 87% (80 %)

Next season: Only thing that matters is staying up.

Season | League   | Position  |   Cup   |   Europe  |      Top scorer         |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2013   | 2. div   |    1[size=1]st[/size]    |  2.rnd  |    N/A    |  Magnus Ask Mikkelsen (14) 
2014   | 1. div   |    9[size=1]t[size=1]h[/size][/size]    |  2.rnd  |    N/A    |  Magnus Ask Mikkelsen (10) 
2015   | 1. div   |    3[size=1]rd[/size]    | Q-final |    N/A    |  Andreas Hjort        (12) 

Newington N Ireland First Division 2016/17

Table

Positions

This was a very good season as the team won the league at a canter with some very convincing displays. In the cups the team also improved immensly on previous years. The Steel and Sons trophy ended with a 4-0 win against non-league Kilbride in the final to bring a first cup. The team went out with a whimper 0-3 at home to Donegal Celtic in the Co Antrim Shield, the league cup ended 3-1 to Carrick after ET in the 1st Rd. The team lost on penalties in teh 1st rd of the Intermediate cup to non-league Banbridge. There was a better showing in the N Irish Cup was the team got to the Qtr-final, they drew 2-2 after being 2 up against Coleraine before losing the replay 2-0.

Transfers

Squad

Again there were few players in, mostly backup players although i signed the N Irsh U21 keeper Frame after getting promotion.

Most of the squad played well but Flynn was excellent in the middle and is now a Irish U21. Addis and O'Hanlon formed a great partnership.

Season            League          Position       N.Irish Cup              Other Cups                Europe              Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013/14       2nd Division         13th           2nd Rd             League Cup - Qtr Final        Not yet               None            
                                                                    S&S - Qtr Final
                                                                    Intermediate - 1st Rd
2014/15       2nd Division         2nd            3rd Rd             League Cup - 2nd Rd           Not yet               Promoted            
                                                                    S&S - 4th Rd
                                                                    Intermediate - 2nd Rd
2015/16       1st Division         5th            3rd Rd             League Cup - 2nd Rd           Not yet               None            
                                                                    S&S - 3rd Rd
                                                                    Intermediate - 2nd Rd
                                                                    Co Antrim Shield - 1st Rd
2016/17       1st Division         1st            Qtr-Final          League Cup - 1st Rd           Not yet               Promoted, S&S winners            
                                                                    S&S - Winners
                                                                    Intermediate - 1st Rd
                                                                    Co Antrim Shield - Qtr-final

Taunton - Well done on Promotion, Dalen looks a great prospect. I'm not impressed by Hjort, his attributes look all wrong for any position really. I'm amazed he's top scorer, perhaps you need some new strikers.

Spotg - looks like a good season for what is obviously a very small club, under a 100 fans how does that compare with the other clubs.

Congrats with both the league and a cup win there Thebaker. Good luck in the premier. Have to say there are lots of cups in Northern Ireland. Will this get you european football?

Only the Irish cup gets into Europe, I am however in feb of the next season and probably already safe from relegation, indeed europe through the league is possible. Winning the league might be hard though since Linfield have become professional and are now signing english players, one a u-20 ex Arsenal player is on £1.8K p/w, by comparison my wage budget is £2.4k p/w

Taunton - Well done on Promotion, Dalen looks a great prospect. I'm not impressed by Hjort, his attributes look all wrong for any position really. I'm amazed he's top scorer, perhaps you need some new strikers.

Probably. I was short of strikers. Even though he doesn't look that good he has performed well, but if he can cut it in the Premier is yet to find out.

Austria Salzburg – First Division 2016/17 – Season 4

So after losing out to Wacker last season I was really hoping this would be our season for promotion the board wanted a mid-table finish again whilst the bookies gave us odds of 8-1 for a fifth place.

Despite finishing second and doing well in the FA Cup last season our reputation dropped? though we did climb upto 22nd in Austria.

Whilst rather shockingly the Austrian U19 side won Euro2016, with Kirschstein being named best player to become my second player to win Best Player after Magath won in 2013.

Transfers - It was a quiet season for incoming transfers as we had no money and I couldn't really find anyone so I snapped up several released youngster with potential and the ability to play in more than one position to add some squad depth, I also didn't notice at the time but they were all released from German clubs. Saleswise I sold off some squad players to reduce our wage bill with the most high profile being Winger Vinko - injuries had dropped his ability and he was one of my highest earners, but then out of no-where Wacker poached Herzgsell for his release clause, which blew the old record of £20K out of the water. In Jan I lost my backup Keeper as he demanded a transfer on the last day, in Nov he demanded to be loaned out, but signed a new contract in Dec, and attempts to loan him out failed he then demanded a move. On the plus side I managed to keep a hold of Hager after a cryprus side offered over £1m they withdrew when I asked for it to be delayed until the end of the season, I was thankful the board didn't accept the offer on me.

FA Cup - same story as last season injuries meant that I fielded youngsters and second/third choice players though this time in the Third Round against Altach where again the experience guy on the pitch (CD Pollhuber this time) gave away a pen that lost us the game.

Table - We snatched the title on goal difference, though to be fair we should have had the title won way in advance, whilst we had a slow start drawing three (all away games) of our first four games as I tried to work out what to do with the loss of Herzgsell, though with four home games in a row next we won three out of the four and climbed to the top of the table and were unbeaten in the first nine games for a total run of 19 games leading into last season that was a league record (though nine of those 19 games were draws), and despite a poor second quarter that saw us lose two and draw three in six after a team meeting that saw all players respond well we thrashed Vienna 6-0 for a new record win for the league and followed it with two more wins including a win over Lustenau who'd climbed to second as early rivals LASK imploded and this left us four points clear at the top at the halfway stage, though injuries were starting to pile up as we suffered 16 injuries in matches in just 18 games, it didn't help that my pitch was more like a swamp but the board wouldn't pay to relay the pitch however they did at least agree to give me a second physio, which saw our in match injuries half in the second half of the season.

In the second half of the season we started as we finished winning four of our first five games, however we then proceeded to draw our next four games which with nine games left saw our lead at the top cut as we were only top thanks to goal difference, though we did have a game in hand that we then went and lost and then we lost our next game which saw Lustenau take the lead, however we wins in our next three games we finally caught them and overtook them on Goal Difference, two more wins followed but Lustenau matched our results however we then faced Lustenau in the second to last game where like last season the winners would be likely to win the leaguea and like last season it was another drab 0-0 draw as Lustenau sat back and defended in numbers and we just couldn't break them down, so we were still level going into the last day but thankfully our goal difference was better by over 10 so a win would all but give us the title, however to add to the nerves Lustenau didn't play until the next day. Our final game was against Neustadt who were fighting to stay up and we took the lead midway through the first half through Pinheiro however we struggled to add a second and we mindful of being pegged back however our nerves were settled when Hartmann added a second in the 87th minute on the counter and with Lustenau winning their game the victory was all important.

It was my defence that won the title this season only conceeding a record 22 goals and more impressive we kept 22 clean sheets in the league with a record seven game streak at the end of the season.

Records - we now hold a few First Divison records including Biggest Win (6-0 v Vienna), Most Games without Losing (19) and Most games without Conceding (7). Player wise Pinheiro holds the record for most goals (24), Hager has the highest average rating (7.71), Serkan Gulcan was the youngest player at 15 years and Timo Janssen was the youngest Scorer at 16.

Squad and Best XI and Overview

German Maximilian Kunert was in excellent form in goal keeping an impressive 22 clean sheets and his attributes have also shot up and he was also named Keeper of the Year.

In Defence I gave Serbian Milos Despotovic a chance at right-back he'd done ok in the past in small doses but with a lack of options I gave him a chance this season and he took it having an impressive season with only four players having more appearances than him, on the left German Tom Franke was also in fine form and he only missed one game this season. In the Centre of Defence Stefan Hager had another excellent season and has now played the most games for me just beating out Pinheiro to 108 appearances, and he even got called upto the Austrian Natonal side (not that he played though) and he has formed an excellent partnership with Slovak Roman Matlak who was also called upto his National side making two appearances, providing cover was German Tim Schipmann he stepped in at the end of the season for the injured Matlak and his performances helped us to the title. We were helped massively this season by my back five being pretty much the same in nearly every game.

The same couldn't be said for the midfield though as Right Winger Robert Hartmann was about the only midfielder I had this season who didn't get injured :( On the left Timo Janssen was given the nod initialy, whilst academy player Florian Enzenberger played better neither have made the position there own, though another Academy player Robert Haas put in some good performances.

In the centre Gunther Magath was in good form and whilst he didn't get any goals or assists this season his job was to break up the opposition attacks which he did fantastic at, partnering him was Belarussian Roman Savostikov who had a good season when fit but didn't offer the same as Herzgsell going forward. Providing cover was Austrian Alois Maurer and Bulgarian Viktor Georgiev.

Upfront Edin Ibrahimovic was in good form as he managed to last the entire season, to partner him I rotated through my other strikers as Pinheiro's appearance were limited through injury though he did still manage to score nearly a goal every game but with age catching up to him I won't be renewing his contract but he has amassed an impressive 74 goals in 121 appearances for me, Academy player Jasmin Basic was in good form which also limited Pinheiro's appearances, whilst youngster Timo Kirschstein was injury-free long enough to get a run out in the team.

We dominated the Player of the Year Award as Robert Hartmann beat out Ibrahimovic and Hager to the Player of the Year Award (not sure how?) and we again claimed Young Player of the Year this time Roman Matlak snatched it.

My Academy produced a couple of useful players again this season, Striker Oliver Schmidt (who can play MC and AMR but not MR?) and defender Manfred Koll we the best of the bunch, I also got an English youngster through this season who is the first non-Austrian I've had through (everyone else has at least had Austrian second nationality and been born here) however he was only 0.5 star so I didn't sign him.

Finances - Even with the £425K Herzgsell brought in we still lost money, though £600K of that was spent on my youth team as we now have excellent junior coaching. However a new bumper kit sponsor deal should help out.

European Places - Austrian again slips down the rankings costing us the second Champions League spot.

So the goal for next season is to survive, and depending on how it goes I might put some effort into the Cup to boast our reputation and sneak into Europe.

Career Overview

2015/16        First Division             2nd                                      15 (2/3)
2016/17        First Division             1st             Champions!               16 (1/3)

Congrats on promotions guys - a really good run of updates with lots of success there :thup:

thebaker Our average attendance of 92 last season was less than half the average of anyone else in the league... I guess it doesn't much help when you're playing a contain strategy for half your games, but it kinda fits with a tiny town in Slovenia too.

Nice to see you clinched promotion, michael, good season there with only four losses. And it must always be good to have an Ibrahimovic in the squad.:)

I feel a bit sorry to see the decline of LASK Linz. That used to be a club with many norwegians, it also had a norwegian manager once. But now the norwegians has gone, that is probably why the decline has happened.

Newington N Ireland Premiership 2017/18

Table

Positions

Although i knew the difference between all the leagues in N Ireland is not very much, i was still surprised at how well the team did as many of the players i got in the 2nd div and are now rated just 1 star, i also lost a few decent players. I am however not close to Linfield as they are professional and have a lot more money, but i did well against all the other teams most of which are far bigger. In the Co Antrim shield i lost 2-1 to Glenavon after ET in the semi-final. I lost 3-2 to Institute in the 3rd Rd of the league cup. However in the Irish cup i went all the way to the final, however the team played badly and lost 1-0 to Glenavon :(

The finances are keeping steady as i am not offering any big wages and half my team are amateur, it was also helped by the o'Hanlon sale. My ground is only 500 which is restrictive as i have had 13 sellouts in 25 home games, planning permission was refused at the end of the season so i may not be moving any time soon.

Transfers

Squad

A number of first team players left on frees as i could not offer them the wages they wanted, these included Cockroft (103 apps, 8 goals), Addis (111 apps, 43 goals) and Patterson (123 apps, 5 goals). O'Sullivan (76 apps, 2 goals) was released and O'Hanlon (114 apps, 87 goals) was out of contract when Shamrock signed him for 45K. Youth players were poor again with only a 3 star player signed up.

In spite of that the team played very well with Loughlin stepping up and new signing Evans also excelling. In midfield Boyd was either outstanding or very poor but formed a good partnership with Flynn who was injured for 4 months. Up front the pairing of McAlinden and Finlay were excellent and McKay did well when McAlinden was injured for 2 months and several other minor injuries.

Season            League          Position       N.Irish Cup              Other Cups                       Europe                        Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013/14       2nd Division         13th           2nd Rd             League Cup - Qtr Final                Not yet                         None            
                                                                    S&S - Qtr Final
                                                                    Intermediate - 1st Rd
2014/15       2nd Division         2nd            3rd Rd             League Cup - 2nd Rd                   Not yet                         Promoted            
                                                                    S&S - 4th Rd
                                                                    Intermediate - 2nd Rd
2015/16       1st Division         5th            3rd Rd             League Cup - 2nd Rd                   Not yet                         None            
                                                                    S&S - 3rd Rd
                                                                    Intermediate - 2nd Rd
                                                                    Co Antrim Shield - 1st Rd
2016/17       1st Division         1st            Qtr-Final          League Cup - 1st Rd                   Not yet                         Promoted, S&S winners            
                                                                    S&S - Winners
                                                                    Intermediate - 1st Rd
                                                                    Co Antrim Shield - Qtr-final
2017/18       Premier              2nd            Final              League Cup - 3rd Rd                Finding the Passports!             None            
                                                                    Co Antrim Shield - Semi-final

Archived