AZ (Home)

Real Sociedad (Home)

CSKA Moscow (Home) - (Away)

Europa Table

Austrian Cup

Squad Overview

Gaunitz

Finances

An excellent start to the campaign with Europe being the highlight so far. We've had injuries and suspensions affect the majority of the season but somehow we've plugged away and kept defying the odds. In the league I am convinced we'd have clear daylight between us and Red Bull Salzburg if we had the finances to sign another CM and CB, because obviously I have had to rotate quite a bit and some of the squad players aren't good enough and it does show any time I rest a few players.

In the Europa we have landed what could only be described as a dream tie at this stage of the competition against Luzern of Switzerland. I know it isn't a definite but it was one of the 2 sides I could have hoped for. If we get through that we play the winners of Stuttgart and Beskitas.

At this stage of the season making the Champions League is the aim, but if we can keep relatively injury free I think we could make a title push as we don't seem afraid of the bigger sides like we did at times last season.

Dexter_Morgan Nice result in the 2nd leg. Hope it goes well against Beskitas.:thup:

Does anyone know where I find out what style of football the Board want me play, I can't ever remember it being mentioned in this save???:o

Dexter_Morgan Nice result in the 2nd leg. Hope it goes well against Beskitas.:thup:

Does anyone know where I find out what style of football the Board want me play, I can't ever remember it being mentioned in this save???:o

Cheers Gundo (result coming) I'd like to know the same actually as i've still not got to grips with a lot of this version yet :D

The first leg in my semi went pretty well with me winning 2-0 however with that lead, 2 players suspended for the 2nd leg an important game at Red Bull Salzburg to follow I started off with a poor starting 11 and went 3-0 down in the game and 3-2 on aggregate with just a little over 30 mins left to play. At that stage we looked like we'd concede more but I decided I had nothing to lose and I brought on my first choice front 3 and they turned it around to not only get an away goal but to make the game 3-3 and set us up with a quarter final against Ajax.

I know it's a bit sad, but those of you that have played this for years like me and get attached to certain teams for the way they never give in would know how I feel right now with this team :o :D

EDIT: Going from above, it does seem your timing of substitutions and when to rest players plays a bigger part on this FM than any other, in the game after Besiktas to Salzburg I was 2-1 down and again made attacking substitutions and won 3-2. The match engine or some of the AI decisions still aren't quite right but so far i'm enjoying FM13 because it makes you think that little bit more when things are going wrong, but like in real life a risk may just come off:thup:

I know it's a bit sad, but those of you that have played this for years like me and get attached to certain teams for the way they never give in would know how I feel right now with this team :o :D

Haha not at all mate, absolutely get what you mean, wish I could feel the same way!

Currently 11 games into my 1st season in Finland, and only just climbed out of relegation spot. I'm 8th out of 10, with 13 points.

Scoring and conceding quite a few goals. Not sure on how season will go. I just beat top of the league 4-3 away! But then go and get beat at home from bottom of league!

If I do survive, it's a complete rebuild on the cards, more or less whole squad out of contract in November (end of season in Finland). Give or take a couple of players, the whole lot will be let go. But I'm losing so much money every month, I'm worried about what sot of budget I'll have to work with!

Still trying to get to grips with game, really not confident in setting a team up.

I really don't like the training either. General training, I don't want general training for whole squad. I want my defenders training differently from my strikers. I know thats why they've given us the tactical focus for each player, but I still don't like it. Anyone got any thoughts one way or other? Some may say it simplifies training a bit, which is fine maybe for FMC, but I think it's taken some control away from the player.

Cheers Gundo (result coming) I'd like to know the same actually as i've still not got to grips with a lot of this version yet :D

The first leg in my semi went pretty well with me winning 2-0 however with that lead, 2 players suspended for the 2nd leg an important game at Red Bull Salzburg to follow I started off with a poor starting 11 and went 3-0 down in the game and 3-2 on aggregate with just a little over 30 mins left to play. At that stage we looked like we'd concede more but I decided I had nothing to lose and I brought on my first choice front 3 and they turned it around to not only get an away goal but to make the game 3-3 and set us up with a quarter final against Ajax.

I agree wins or even famous draws in Europe feel that much sweeter with teams your attached too.:cool:

First attempt ends in relegation for Stal Dn from the Ukranian First Division so il be starting again in another country soon.

Last day of the season as well.

Going for Croatia this time.

Sorry to hear Faultless. Good luck in the Croatian wilderness though.:thup:

It's a strange feeling not signing players for once, it does however give me more time to dedicate to other areas of the club. It also adds extra bite to local rivalries, currently against Vidar & Randaberg, can't wait until Viking pay us a visit.:cool:

I'm delighted to have got my first title under my belt, for a time around mid season I thought with the Europa games we may throw it away because Red Bull Salzburg were really strong having only the league and a few cup games to worry about. What really pleased me was that in terms of the performance in the final game we were a bit lucky but that point meant we didn't have to rely on our better goal difference to do it in the end (though I was happy knowing we'd need a hammering to not win it going in to the game it was still nice to not need the goal difference)

In Europe we over achieved without a doubt, but what the run has done in terms of finances has been a major boost to us. I have a £2M kitty which i've moved along to wages because I don't want to spend money on players just yet (unless it's necessary) when I things like the facilities that are in desperate need of upgrading, especially seeing as they've just been downgraded.

Our rep has gone up to 8th in Austria and the Bundesliga has moved up to 16th in the rankings which is also a big boost as I look to take the club even further forward now.

Season    | League   | Position  |  Cup    |  Europe                 |      Achievements        |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14   | First    |    1st    | Winners | N/A                     |   Promotion, Cup Winners | 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15   | Bund     |    2nd    | 3rd RD  | 4th Qual.               | CL Qualification         |
2015/16   | Bund     |    1st    | 3rd RD  | CL 3rd Qual, Europa Q/F | Champions                |

Good luck this time in Croatia Faultless :thup:

Wow... Haven't been playing much due to a busy week. At the moment it looks like Dexter will complete the challenge before I finish my first season:), congrats.

Also good luck to all the starters, looks like a nice mix so far.

In Sweden I don't really know what to expect. Lost a friendly to my reserves, which is always painfull, but the other results were better thanks to my third-rated striker scoring 2 every game. Don't know if he'll keep it up once we face some more serious oposition. Not easy finding players so far. My scout only finds 16-year olds, and I don't know how I can get him to look for older players. Still not used to the scouting overhaul.

How come for the past 2 months, when I do not have a single player in my u19 squad, is my "youth setup" listed as my main expenditure in my board confidence report. £17k a month, for what? I'm spending more on youth setup than I am on wages, when I have no youths!!

Well I have youths, but I've signed them on professional terms after my scout found them, they didn't come through the ranks.

welcome drew good luck in Belarus.

jintro I know the feeling!Still in my 1st season here, kinda back into my xbox so many good games out just now, so FM has been taking a back seat. If i was any good at it I'd maybe play it more right enough! I don't like the scouting, I prefer the old way.

Superb dexter morgan!! Really like that Polish centre half.

What a great 3 seasons you've had!

All the best faultless Croatia was one of the leagues I'd considered.

Cheers aldojags it has been great so far, hopefully I can push on. Welnicki has been a gem, averaged over 7 every season for me.

Wow... Haven't been playing much due to a busy week. At the moment it looks like Dexter will complete the challenge before I finish my first season:), congrats.

Also good luck to all the starters, looks like a nice mix so far.

In Sweden I don't really know what to expect. Lost a friendly to my reserves, which is always painfull, but the other results were better thanks to my third-rated striker scoring 2 every game. Don't know if he'll keep it up once we face some more serious oposition. Not easy finding players so far. My scout only finds 16-year olds, and I don't know how I can get him to look for older players. Still not used to the scouting overhaul.

Cheers Jintro i'm still not used to bits like the scouting myself. In fact this season i've basically gone through released players at clubs and if they have a few things that look decent I send the scout to get the report to see the masked attributes and take it from there. (I've just wasted 5 hours doing it this way though :eek:)

After not playing this challenge for a few seasons, I have decided to try and emulate BATE's sensational achievements in the Champions League by going to Belarus.

The only decent team to get promoted to The First League were Baranovichi, here is The Squad

And, Here I am

Good luck in Belarus Drew

As said above i've basically done the hard work scouting myself :D

Cakmak

Mbom

Miquel

Pereda

Polic

Saul

Beukers

Ban

A mixed bag of ability but I wanted a bigger squad to compete on all fronts. All were free so it isn't too much of a risk.

On the pitch and in the CL 3rd qualifying round we beat JJK of Finland 5-1 on aggregate to set up a decider against Celtic.

We lost the first leg 3-2 but the second leg was a different story as we raced to a 4-0 half time lead and probably would have been more comfortable than the 4-2 scoreline suggests if we wasn't down to 10 men for all the 2nd half.

This is the group draw to even get a point is going to be tough :D

just to be involved so early in challenge must be great though!!

Of course :cool: As I said I expect nothing this season from that group but the good thing we have is our home games in Europe (after preliminary rounds) are played at Ernst Happel so we should make a bit of money from that. Also the tv money at the end of the year. I'll be going to try and get out of the group still as the winter break gives us time to make up any lost ground we may have in the league, also any money we make now is going to make things a lot easier in the long run so I have to try and go for it.

One thing I'm really annoyed at that they haven't sorted from fm12 is the amount of early bookings. I've been watching football for 20 years and cannot remember too many instances of 3 bookings in the first 10 minutes, yet it happens to me most weeks as it did in fm12. I play either normal or cautious tackling, can't think what else I can do that would curb this.

Watching these amazing free transfers go by is so painful, but I'm resisting. Home grown talent all the way! I don't really understand the training on this so I'm leaving it to my assistant. Unlucky Aldojags, good luck for your next game!

Watching these amazing free transfers go by is so painful, but I'm resisting. Home grown talent all the way! I don't really understand the training on this so I'm leaving it to my assistant. Unlucky Aldojags, good luck for your next game!

Resist the urge! :) I just tend not to look tbh, it's a refreshing change making no signings so far. It also keeps the game at a realistic difficulty level aswel which I've enjoyed.

Unlucky Aldojags, first season is always the toughest.

Aldojags It's a shame about your relegation, don't give up mate :cool:

Mand312 It's bad enough for me seeing players go for free that I could have had if I had more money :D But it must be even harder with the restrictions you've set yourself. Keep at it though, when you pull it off it'll be even more rewarding

Thebaker I had a save in Ireland last year and the finances are shocking. I'm not in a rush to start another save there :D

Anyone else finding the amount of injury prone regens a bit too high? Seems to be loads in my save that have it in the scout reports.

My Tandragee save has come to an end with relegation in the first season. didn't help that i seemed unable to end a match with 11 players on the pitch, for the last 10 games in fact twice i had 8 men and twice 9 men left.

This might be down to the latest patch or just bad luck with midfielders unable to tackle. Had to adjust the tackling to default from aggresive. Might have another go at this when i have a better handle on the tactics to use for FM13 as i only kept 1 clean sheet.

Currently Minerul Motru in Romania, if I survive season I will post the relevant starting screenshots, that have been saved at right time, just not posted yet!

However at the half way stage of the season I am in 14th, on 8 points and safety is at 14 points currently. Not overly hopeful of my chances, given I keep forgetting the u21 player requirement, boguht in too many older players and thus keep having to play people out of position to fit into all the league rules.

160px-Wiener_SCsvg-1.png

Wiener Sportklub 2016-17 Mid Season Review

Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2

Table

CL Results

Real Madrid (H)

Porto (A)

Ajax (A)

Ajax (H)

Real Madrid (A)

Porto (H)

CL Table

Squad Overview 1 - Squad Overview 2

What a start to the season we've had. The new signings have all come in and done a brilliant job when called upon and they seem to have the never say die attitude that is already in the squad. To get anything from that group though let alone get out of it is superb. As you can see from the match stats in games we've rode our luck at times but we are actually set up to counter attack teams quickly. The first knockout game will be against Marseille, so it'll be interesting to see if we can can continue our form a bit longer. The winter break couldn't have come at a worse time for us really as we've hit some superb form.

Financially this European run has meant I have been able to get the training facilities done for the first time and the youth ones also. We've also increased our junior coaching for the 2nd time which is something I want to keep building on at every opportunity, next i'm hoping the youth recruitment range becomes available though it seems just like on last years FM it's not going to be easy to get that up to scratch.

As I type this clubs seem to be after a few of my players now, luckily if that happens I already have a few replacements in mind and with £15M in the bank money isn't a big problem for us.

Schaffhausen didn't work out too well. Had a hard time getting players of sufficient quality. Mainly due to the previous manager pre-signing two crap players at very high wages....so I got sacked.

That's a shame Mr_Demus, better luck on your next save

My Tandragee save has come to an end with relegation in the first season. didn't help that i seemed unable to end a match with 11 players on the pitch, for the last 10 games in fact twice i had 8 men and twice 9 men left.

This might be down to the latest patch or just bad luck with midfielders unable to tackle. Had to adjust the tackling to default from aggresive. Might have another go at this when i have a better handle on the tactics to use for FM13 as i only kept 1 clean sheet.

As above, shame it didn't work out and hope you'll come back to it at a later time mate :cool:

Currently Minerul Motru in Romania, if I survive season I will post the relevant starting screenshots, that have been saved at right time, just not posted yet!

However at the half way stage of the season I am in 14th, on 8 points and safety is at 14 points currently. Not overly hopeful of my chances, given I keep forgetting the u21 player requirement, boguht in too many older players and thus keep having to play people out of position to fit into all the league rules.

Good luck Gilbster :thup:

Just when I think you may have taken your team as far as you could, you go and qualify in front of Real...outstanding mate! You are an inspiration mate, and have just given me the push I needed to get back into FM and give it another go!! I dunno where to go. Want to do Holland, but is that cheating as most teams start professional?

Just when I think you may have taken your team as far as you could, you go and qualify in front of Real...outstanding mate! You are an inspiration mate, and have just given me the push I needed to get back into FM and give it another go!! I dunno where to go. Want to do Holland, but is that cheating as most teams start professional?

Course it's not cheating, just easier than other nations. I have considered starting their in the past. Better selection of teams that come up this year aswel.:thup:

Not getting much playing time in this week. (Job and family mysteriously getting in the way:D)

But nice to see some fresh starters and Dexter doing brilliantly.

Tomorrow its friday, hopefully I can sneak in some playing time then.

Struggling abit atm to get to grips with the new ME. Did well first season, but I have had a poorer start this season. What do you guys think, do you get to grips tactically or is it a bit trial and error?

I've been fired twice already taunton does that answer your question?

I've felt, especially in past 3 fm's before this, that given time, I could win any tournament with any team. I just understood the game and could usually turn a team around pretty quickly if I'd taken over a team struggling etc.

but this game I find much harder. Which is frustrating as every thread I look at there are people making remarkable progress, like dexter.

I'm happy for them, but wish I could get to grips with it like they have!

Cheers aldojags The boost to finances and last years Europa run has certainly played a part as we've been able to get better players in, though I still think we overachieved it was nice to see this group of players not lie down in the group

Not getting much playing time in this week. (Job and family mysteriously getting in the way:D)

Struggling abit atm to get to grips with the new ME. Did well first season, but I have had a poorer start this season. What do you guys think, do you get to grips tactically or is it a bit trial and error?

Thanks Taunton I have got lucky with my tactic. I made a 4-3-3 (wingers) for Man Utd on my first save but after 10 games got bored because it was too easy with the players I had, anyway when I started this save I used the same tactic more or less with a few alterations to the wide players and it's worked for Wiener as well. On my next save (wherever that may be) I'm going to start from scratch with a new tactic so i'm not reliant on this one all the time, so i'm sure when that happens i'll be tearing my hair out just like everyone else :D

I'm keeping it simple for the first few seasons as always with a standard 4-4-2, easier for my players to understand ect. I do plan on switching to a more adventuros 4-3-3 as I progress further or should that be if I progress!:D

Oh and Taunton can you remember what date the youth intake thingy is in Norway off hand?

I think the intake is in october. Not sure of the date, though.

And regards to tactics, I kept it simple and went up, but I can't help fiddle around a bit when things are not going as planned. So I have to be more patient and stick to the basics.:) It is also a bit annoying that I started the save before the update, so you are only allowed three substitutes in the norwegian 1. division.

Marseille (H) - (A)

Yet again my side has defied the odds when it matters and came through another tough tie. I felt we could win the home leg but conceding the away goal was a big worry. It got an even bigger worry when for a long time Marseille dominated the early part of the 2nd leg and looked likely to score another. However Ter Stegen went on a walk about from his goal and kicked the ball straight to Weiß who took it first time from 45 yards to level the tie and ease the pressure.

Our reward for getting through is a tie against Arsenal with the winners playing one of Bayern and Chelsea.

Marseille (H) - (A)

Yet again my side has defied the odds when it matters and came through another tough tie. I felt we could win the home leg but conceding the away goal was a big worry. It got an even bigger worry when for a long time Marseille dominated the early part of the 2nd leg and looked likely to score another. However Ter Stegen went on a walk about from his goal and kicked the ball straight to Weiß who took it first time from 45 yards to level the tie and ease the pressure.

Our reward for getting through is a tie against Arsenal with the winners playing one of Bayern and Chelsea.

Great result Dexter and great tie to look forward too against the gunners.:thup:

Sorry to here about that Gilbster. What country are you heading too now?

I am holidaying in Wales, cos I should be able to at least read and understand the players names there! Holidaying as we speak, if this game didnt have tactics, I would be great at it!!

So far seen a total of 4 clubs come up, probably going to take the next different club I see!

Archived