Gundo's FM13 European Adventure Challenge™

i didn't realise that this had happened to them.... Makes for an interesting challenge team, one which i might have to consider at some point as i do like to try and revive teams that have had relative success but have then fallen on harder times... good luck with it - i will be an interested spectator for now...

Nice to hear. Yes, it is an interesting challenge, and given that they are based in Oslo, makes the potential huge. They have a big fan base, and I know they have had 2-3000 spectators at level 5 and 4 in Norway. And that is a lot in this country, other teams has 50 as an average.

Would be fun if you gave it a go yourself.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, well. First attempt ended with failure. Relegated with one game to go. Guess its back to the drawing board then.

Who said this was going to be easy:D.

Unlucky Taunton, First seasons are so difficult in Norway for sure.

Best of luck for Lyn, great team to take charge of and I will follow with interest.:thup:

Cookie15 will be returning to Norway :brock:

However, my laptop is soooo old it does not have the OS to be able to cope with the new version....:(

Only one thing for it............buying a new laptop tomorrow just to play FM13, now that's what i call commitment to Gundo's Challenge :D

Excellent news cookie. Well you are the perennial Gundo's Challenge legend, would be odd without a seasonal attempt from you.:)

Apparently I couldnt wait til tonight, so have paid and loading up a game to start in beta! Currently holidaying in Holland as been meaning to use them since they put relelgation in a few years back and still havent got round to it!

edit: League Reset date for Netherlands is 7th July 2013

Cheers Gundo, i'm back with new laptop and ready to embark on the challenge!

Just need to buy the game now :o

Might try and buy it through Steam, but not sure. If not i'll be buying it tomorrow and loading ASAP.........let the good times continue once again!!!!! :applause:

Introducing the new person at the heel of Achilles'29

Achilles are are small club in the Jupiler League which is the Dutch 2nd division. They are a club with 1 coach and no history and no real facilities to speak of, though they are professional which is always helpful. My only aim for this first season is to finish not last, anything above 18th and I survive!

We are getting to avoid relegation a transfer budget of £328k and a wage budget of £11.27k p/w which makes a difference to other starting points of clubs and will make a nice change to play with.

brand.gif

Have taken over FC YPA, from the Finnish town of Ylivieska.

Manager Profile

Manager Information

Club Profile - a stadium of 400 seats, yet my wage budget is £9k a week, how the hell can I support that sort of wage with such a small ground? My average ticket price is £9, so even if I sell out, that's only £3600 per home game I am raising, I can see me leaking money like I did on my recent Portugese save, hence the reason I chucked that save, not predicting failure straight out, but it's odd accounting here in Finland!

Club Facilities - decent for a semi pro team.

So here we go, unusual season here, runs April - Oct, so I'm currently in Jan, got 3 months to sort out squad before league begins. I'm in a 10 team league, predicted to finish 9th, board want to avoid relegation. Looking forward to this, is pretty much the most random team I've ever taken over! My own team (Partick Thistle) also play in Red, Yellow and Black, so that kind of made up my mind!

Just a little update from Denmark. We're not doing particularly well early on in the league this season but we've had a couple of quality cup performances topped by this most recent one against Superliga side FC Nordsjælland:

FCDjurslandvFCNordsjaeliglland_PitchSplit.png

Clearly inspired by Arsenal's recent win in the capital one cup.

Wow. Nice to see this starting to roll now.

Gilbster: Welcome and good luck. I like the name of the team you chose, and am trying to avoid the temptation of doing any puns on it.

aldojags: Nice to have you here. Sorry about your Portugal experience. Hopefully you will bring joy and happiness to the mighty footballing nation that is Finland. I wonder how the supporters of (*copies and pastes) Ylivieska cheers their team. Give me an Y, give me an L, give me... oh never mind, pass the vodka, will you.:D *Edit. Realised now that the teams name is FC YPA :o, so that means the supporters can both drink and shout their name.

charlo116: Some amazing results. As an Arsenal fan I am especially happy with the 7-5 score. You can call yourself a giant killer now. Best of luck in the quarters!

With FM13 properly out now I'm getting more and more tempted to start up a new Gundo save, but I just can't bring myself to give up on my FM12 effort just yet (if anyone fancies stopping me talking to myself in the FM12 thread, feel free to drop by to say hello!). Good luck to all who have already started, I hope to join you soon!

I may be running into a problem.

My computer has all about died this morning, I can't be gassed with it anymore, and thinking of buying a new macbook.

as I currently have a laptop, i dont think I'll be able to transfer my save will I as it's different operating systems?

160px-Wiener_SCsvg.png

Positions

Manager Profile

Club Overview

Transfers

After going to Vienna a few years ago and actually going to see Wiener Sportklub at Sportclub-Platz (also seen Rapid on the same trip and have a soft spot for them too) I couldn't resist this one.

Pretty happy with my start, we're sitting a few points ahead in top spot so far, Andreas Tiffner being the star man up front so far. Finances are looking pretty good as we are pulling about 3,500 in per home game. Still messing about a bit with tactics so not firing on all cylinders yet either which suggests when I do get it right we should be near the top come the end of the season. Really lacking a pair of good wingers and a goalkeeper, hopefully I can get that sorted by January.

Has anyone ever played in Finland before? The number of players in their 40's is quite high, they are the only players that are interested in me!

Finland has been quite popular down the years because of F.C Santa Claus :cool:

The Austrian cup is going to be interesting this season, up to the 3rd round and there's only 2 top flight clubs left already :eek:

Herkules Fotball

It is with great pride that i can announce that Cookie15 will once again be venturing to Norway to embark on Gundo's Challenge. Following successes with Skjetten, Lyn and Tiller Evan Cook has decided to take on the challenge of completing European domination with the minnows affectionately known as....

Herkules Fotball Club - Marcus Evan Cook profile

Check out the colour of a home kit, very interesting! :lol: Don't think i will worry about fading into obscurity!!!

As soon as i have a squad assembled I will add a link.

Wish me luck :D

Yeah I saw that team, can you get them on reload? that would''ve been a certainty!

There's always someone on this challenge who ends up being them. I've not been tempted to go Finland for this yet but FC Santa Claus would be the one i'd go for :cool:

Herkules Fotball

It is with great pride that i can announce that Cookie15 will once again be venturing to the Norway to embark on Gundo's Challenge. Following successes with Skjetten, Lyn and Tiller Evan Cook has decided to take on the challenge of completing European domination with the minnows affectionately known as....

Herkules Fotball Club - Marcus Evan Cook profile

Check out the colour of a home kit, very interesting! :lol: Don't think i will worry about fading into obscurity!!!

As soon as i have a squad assembled I will add a link.

I nearly went for Norway again to finish my job last year (still gutted I lost that) Good luck anyway.

Herkules Fotball

It is with great pride that i can announce that Cookie15 will once again be venturing to the Norway to embark on Gundo's Challenge. Following successes with Skjetten, Lyn and Tiller Evan Cook has decided to take on the challenge of completing European domination with the minnows affectionately known as....Herkules Fotball Club - Marcus Evan Cook profileCheck out the colour of a home kit, very interesting! :lol: Don't think i will worry about fading into obscurity!!!As soon as i have a squad assembled I will add a link.Wish me luck :D

Good luck! They are from the same town as the team I had last year, Tollnes. So I know this club. You have made a good choice.

It may be this one player (a Costa Rican offered to me) but it seems I can't even offer a trail if he's out of scouting range :thdn: If that's the case it's a bit crap as it's been known of Brazilians and the like to send videos to clubs and they get offered a trail.

EDIT: It was being a bit slow on how to do it :D

Has anyone ever played in Finland before? The number of players in their 40's is quite high, they are the only players that are interested in me!

Managed SJK in 2012 managed to make the champions league last 16 once in 15 seasons, I found there were a few decent 15/16 year old players on free's and also relied on a lot of aged players.

staldnip.jpg

Ukraine First League

Stal Dniprodzerzhynsk

Stal Dniprodzerzhynsk is a Ukrainian football club located in Dniprodzerzhynsk, Dnipropetrovsk Oblast, Ukraine

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y519/Joe_Faultless/2012-11-02_00001jp.jpg (Manager Profile)

Stadium - 2900 all seater in poor condition

Youth Facilities - minimal

Training Facilities - basic

Youth Recruitment - minimal

Finances - 10.17k transfer budget/14.5k wage budget.

Looking forward to the challenge, never managed in the Ukraine before.

Good luck everyone with this years challenge.

I'll pick a team tomorrow, but reset in Sweden is the 14th december.

Also if you look at the season summary you can see the clubs promoted from the division below. Don't know if this is new or I just missed it last year, but it beats looking at league positions of the previous year.

best of luck faultless and yeh I can see me taking a while to see Europe, the quality really isn't there, I've signed a lot of players, but only until end of season, will prob have a clear out then!

I'll be sure to lean on you for advice now I know you've conquered Finland!

I think it was there last year Jintro, it makes things a whole lot easier for picking clubs you are correct.

NK Rakican

I have decided to start as NK Rakican in the Slovenian Second league. It will be a very tough challenge I reckon. Most likely outcome: failure. Massive failure.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/825/profilefo.jpg/

NK Rakican is very hard to find any info on, but what I have found so far:

Rakican is a small village with 1500 inhabitants. It is located in Murska Sobota, which is a city in northeastern Slovenia with a total population of 12000.

They play at the 1000 all-seater Igrisce NK Rakican.

Slovenia is one of those still uncompleted on here if I remember correctly :D I played as Zvedza last year and it was tough even being used to the match engine so you're braver than me going for it so soon :D Good luck :cool:

I am pretty sure the scenario will play out like this: 1) Start with great enthusiasm 2) Get slightly downhearted 3) lose, lose, lose 4) Get frustrated 5) Lose some more 6) Cry 7) start over in an easier country

I am pretty sure the scenario will play out like this: 1) Start with great enthusiasm 2) Get slightly downhearted 3) lose, lose, lose 4) Get frustrated 5) Lose some more 6) Cry 7) start over in an easier country

I have faith in you :D

In my cup run so far I have only played against 1 playable club, that was in the quarter final just now against SV Horn. The other 3 teams in the hat were bottom of the table (my division) TSV Hartberg, top flight SV Mattersburg and non league LASK Linz, thinking i've probably lucked out with the run so far I wasn't looking forward to the semi final draw, but it seems yet again someone is looking down on us :D

Junsele_IF.png

Junsele IF gets a Belgian manager.

Some facts about the club from Wikipedia.

In game they are Semi-Pro with a 1500 (500 seated) stadion. There is no budget for transfers and a wage budget of 2.590 €. At least I have 3 months to build a team as the season starts in april.

My headquarters doesn't look like much for a European powerhouse to be, but it'll do for now.

edit:

Forgot to add that Junsele is in Sweden

Ok, I'm in.:cool:

staaljorpeland.png

Just to be a little different I'm off to Norway too. Decided to stay in Rogaland region, no Stavanger based team for me this term though. Instead I've taken the short ferry journey across the water to Jørpeland and taken charge of Staal Jørpeland.

Should be a tough one this year, no big city close by to attract players and a 350 capacity stadium. :eek:

Club wiki.

Wish me luck!:)

Fantastic a lot of new arrivals! Slovenia sounds tough, and mr demus I can probably see a similar forecast for my own game, i dont know how many seasons I'll be able to stick the mediocrity!! but i look forward to watching ur slovenia game unfold!

welcome gundo it looks like you've given yourself a challenge there!

And there we go the usual fm joy of a ridiculous amount of injuries unfolds. 1st pre season match and ive just lost 2 1st teamers for 2months each, oh how i love how you cant finish a game without a player getting injured every week for a few months!

well done dexter good on you getting the semi's so soon.

right i'm off out to watch thistle hammer cove rangers, be back on tonight.

catch ye later guys,.

Great to see all the partcipants up and running. Good luck everybody.

Oxslow: I actually took the name Taunton because of the old Nintendo game International Superstar Soccer(prequel to PES by Konami). There was a nigerian forward there called Taunton. I didn't realise until later that Taunton also was a town in Somerset.:D

I have one game to go with Lyn in my first season. Will probably post an update later tonight.

And Gundo, nice to see that you are faithful to Rogaland. Good luck with Staal. (Which means steel by the way)

welcome gundo it looks like you've given yourself a challenge there!

Cheers aldojags.:thup:

And Gundo, nice to see that you are faithful to Rogaland. Good luck with Staal. (Which means steel by the way)

Well lets hope hope some of my players have a steely mentality!:D

logo_lyn.jpg

Taunton - Lyn - Season review - 2013 - Norwegian 2. division, group 1

League: 1st. Promotion!!

It can be heaven or hell in this game. My first try at this challenge this year ended in relegation. My second with promotion.

The board expected promotion, and the pressure was on from the start. Even though you start with a core of players with good quality when you manage Lyn, they are still not world beaters. I was very unsure about what tactic to employ in this version, but after getting some advice from the forum, I sticked with a very standard 442, no fuss and relied on shouts and OI's.

That, and buying a great goalkeeper, Kjell Petter Opheim, made the trick. We were solid at the back, an were in the frame all the way. It was a tight struggle with Moss, but we managed to overtake them in the end, though the promotion was clinched at the last game.

Have to say, this is probably one of my more solid seasons ever in FM. The challenge is to get good enough players, and I had to rely on some loanees from bigger clubs.

I think we have a big task next season, the finances is bad because we had to install undersoil heating on our ground (which we don't own) to be able to participate in the 1. division. The upside with that is that we will play our games at Norways national stadium Ullevaal while the maintenance takes place.

That will hopefully mean bigger crowds, and more money.

Best player: Jonas Rygg. Quality player. Provided 10 assists, and attracted lots of interest from bigger clubs. I managed to hold on to him.

Top scorer: Magnus Ask Mikkelsen. On loan from premiership club Hønefoss. Did great and scored 14 important goals. Hopefully I can sign him for next season.

Youth prospect: Kjetil do Carmo. When the youth intake came it provided me with this gem. Think he can turn into a class player.

Economy: Very bad. We are hiding from the creditors behind closed curtains at the moment.

Key: This season (Last season)

Wage budget: Nkr 77 071 p/w (n/a)

Transfer budget: 196 162 Nkr p/w (n/a)

(For pounds, just divide the number with ten)

Av. attendance: 727 (n/a)

Players in: 11 (n/a)

Players out: 2 ( n/a )

Norwegian players in the first team squad: 100% (n/a)

Next season: Survival is key, even though the board wants me to play attractive attacking football and focus on youth. Not sure if they can have the cake and eat it. I will be happy if we can stay up.

Season | League   | Position  |  Cup  |  Europe   |      Top scorer         |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2013   | 2. div   |    1[size=1]st[/size]    | 2.rnd |    N/A    |  Magnus Ask Mikkelsen (14) 

Congrats on promotion Taunton.:thup:

Frigg Oslo must be delighted that you installed undersoil heating at their ground and paid for it too! Not like you'll be taking it with you when you get a new stadium.:lol:

Archived