Can we use your club/player guide thread for www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk

ssestig

Borrowed from the old FM wiki:Can we use your club guide thread OP

Evening all:thup:

If any of you have been into General Discussion recently you may have noticed a thread, made by CaptainPlanet, about 'FM Wiki'. This is a site setup by regulars in General Discussion, with the aim to make it a guide to Football Manager, much like the normal Wikipedia is to us in everyday use.

The plan is for this site to have guides on teams in it, which obvious take a lot of time to create. On this forum there are many good guides to teams and, if you don't mind, I would like to use club threads from on here to put on footballmanagerwiki.co.uk. Obviously, as they are your work, you will be credited with writing them. I can not guarentee that they will not be edited by others, as footballmanagerwiki.co.uk is open for anyone to edit.

If you would be happy for your guide to be used on footballmanagerwiki.co.uk, then please post the name of the club that you have made a club thread for.

Please note, I have made this thread with permission from HoPeY. It has been agreed to on the condition that you only post if you are giving permission for your thread to be used. If this thread gets posts off topic, it will have to be closed.

If you have any queries about footballmanagerwiki.co.uk, feel free to PM me.

Thanks,

Arsenal

footballmanagerwiki Discussion Thread

www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk

www.footballmanagerwiki.net

This thread has been opened with the permission of HoPeY gained by ahmufcwafc earlier for FM10 club guides. If you wish to give permission for club guides for any other version of the game please PM me with a link and i'll put them on the wiki. I'll update the next post with the guides we have whenever I can.

Thanks in advance

Stig

Also, if anyone is interested, can people who have written profiles in a player thread on GTPG PM me if they wish to include their written profile on the wiki. This thread will give you an idea of the sort of thing we would like. Please note any that are directly taken from Wikipedia are not what we are looking for.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<Post reserved for club guides that have permission>

Club Guides:

League Guides:

[x] = Those on the site

Please note that all those that I have recieved permission for have not been added to this list.

If you want, I can create a few more for some german clubs, Freiburg and Bochum maybe. Didn't want to start a thread as I doubt that there is much need for them here, but if you like, I guess I have enough time at my hands to create them.

Could do Dinu. If you want to create an account on the wiki it would save time having me look through them, create, edit them etc.

Well I try to create an account. But biography? My life isnt interesting enough for 10 words :)

But yeah, can do that.

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously with work being back on and several other things that need sorting out and me doing most of the editting on the wiki atm where we are looking to add these club guides, starting information on players, screenshots for players (both deleteing 09 screenies and adding 10 ones), transfers for this month and the relaunch of OTF Radio the rest of the club guides will be put on probably at the start of next month. That doesn't mean that I don't want permissions for club guides but will mean that January transfer/contract updates will be on your club guide before the guides are put on the wiki. I will add the pages when I have spare time though.

Just thought i'd let everyone know where things stand on the wiki.

We are also looking for player profiles to be done on the wiki. If you have a club guide and would like to help to add a player profile for your best keeper or your captain, request an account, click on the player's name (which would be a red link) and add details on how to play the player, what type(s) of player would complement him etc. and add [[Category:Player Profiles]] at the bottom of the page.

If the player already has a page but no FM10 information, add ==Football Manager 2010 Information== below any previous version's information and carry on like outlined above.

• 4 weeks later...

If your guide(s) is/are on the site already and you've added some 10.3.0 content if you can let me know and i'll add it to the wiki guide. For those that are currently not on the site they will be added before Easter if it's just me adding them or sooner if someone wants to volunteer to help me and I (or the other admin) will approve your account.

If you have a player guide that you would like on that is not a direct c+p job from Wikipedia just post them here or if there isn't a guide to a player here you can write a paragraph or 2 on how they are in the game in a post here - real life information is not important. Screenshots can be sorted at a later date.

Archived