Female Managers! :D

Before this turns into a sexist debacle of a thread, my mrs sat down with the other night whilst i was playing and tried to understand what it was that i was playing. Needless to say, she failed, but 10/10 for effort shown! I was pleased with her application lol

my girlfriend plays my older versions of FM, especially 06. She's quite good at it, does it all herself apart from using a decent tactic I had created. Shame the tactic will not work for me in the later versions of FM, she's probably ended up with more success out of it than me!

my girlfriend throws a hissy fit if i play when we are supposed to be spending quality time together.

I made her come with me on Midnight of the release to Asda so i could get. Needless to say she wasn't happy

She began cussing me in the middle of Asda for playing it at which point an old lady who works at Asda starting cussing me too!

Good luck trying to find a girlfriend who understands our need for the game

Don't know but I've been playing football manager games for years, starting out with football director on the C64. I enjoy the type of game, but I get bored to bits after 5 minutes of watching football on the TV. FM is a very complex game with a lot of options and variables to consider, guess I would play a similar game even if it was about something else. I think I manage to enjoy it even more because I don't know what is realistic to expect and how my players really should act so many details that bug others to death I don't really see.

Guilty as charged.

Good lord, a Finn woman who plays FM. This Yank already loves Finland and the women. I've been to Suomi 5 times and my great friend lives in the Toolo district of Helsinki. Incredible city.

True fact, 1 Finn woman= 25 crappy American women. grumble, American women, they are all yours.

Glad my g/f DONT play Fm. :)

When I play FM my g/f now and again keeps asking why I dont take control of her local team Helsingberg, When I reply cos Swedish football is shyte, she tries to debate it and cos she knows F.A about football she always fails. Funny thing is same thing happens to me when I bug her while she plays Warcraft, I end up talking crap about stuff I know nowt about, and fail.

Seems perfect as it is, but if we ended up playing the same game together, I reckon we wouldnt last long ;>

FM is a very complex game with a lot of options and variables to consider, guess I would play a similar game even if it was about something else.

Did you ever try Eastside Hockey Manger (EHM) or Out of the Park Baseball Manager (OOTB) both games also from SI Games (don't think they make them anymore, but you can still download the demo's)

My wive doesn't car about PC's at all, she likes football but can't stand to do anything on a PC. If she does anything on a PC it is only when she want to look up something, but 10 minutes maximun, then she is fed up with it. On her work she works with PC but only because there is no alternative and part of her work.

I'm another one, but I always give my manager a bloke's name. Don't know why - just, you don't see female managers IRL do you (I mean in the men's game - do you get female football managers in the female teams)?

First footie manager game was Player Manager 2 which I loved (especially the tabloid scandals when you saved more than 6 times in a season - I got a lot of those!). Think I progressed to CM from there (via a couple of games on KK's player manager on the Snes - just awful!). Just recently got back into FM after a few years off it. I think I briefly tried 08 but couldn't get into it, usually I find myself playing when my favoured team is doing well irl (Newcastle), strangely now I'm getting solace from it (kind of lost interest in real footie at the minute, unsurprisingly!) although I'm managing Farsley Celtic. Newcastle are doing crap in game aswell.

Naturally, my boyfriend hates football and keeps asking me when I'm going to start my next game of 'watching paint dry'. He can't understand why I like playing FM whilst reading a book or playing another game on my wii or 360. Still I just leave him to his FPS obsession and occassionally join him in L4D or HL2: Deathmatch.

I'm another one, but I always give my manager a bloke's name. Don't know why - just, you don't see female managers IRL do you (I mean in the men's game - do you get female football managers in the female teams)?

Yup, Hope Powell has been England manager for 11 years now. Is that because there's so little replacement to choose from or because women are more patient with football?

couples playing FM and Warcraft instead of travelling or going out.

im shedding a tear.

Who ever said we dont travel or go out? I'm fom London, my g/f from Sweden, we both live in London. Guess there was traveling involved somewhere. both of us dont watch tv programs so play games instead. Dont judge! :(

Steal AcidBurn's girlfriend, she's actually quite good at the game:D

No one can steal my missus lol.

She has a good Leeds game going successive promotions and a tycoon who gives £100 million to spend. She was also pretty good at FM08 playing as Birmingham, Arsenal and Valencia. She hasnt been on it for a couple of weeks as she has been working quite alot of hours. Like Arsenal said she is pretty damn good at it though, I just hope she doesnt get too good.

Ahh thats what im talking about AcidBurn. Hope there's more like her around! My ex was a man utd fan anyway and im Liverpool so we were pretty much doomed from the start (even though she just pretended to be interested in man utd to **** me off!) The search continues... hehe

Mine wants to try but I'd rather her not. Can't really explain it but its the combination of worrying that she would be confused, worrying that she might find it boring so she would transfer those feelings on to me and worrying that she would beat it at it.

My wife still plays Pokemon on the GBA, so any time she says anything about FM I just tell her that taking an interest in Jigglypuff will always be infinately sadder than playing FM.

"Taking an interest in Jigglypuff" sounds like such a euphemism to me...

Archived