Most pointless feature on FM08?

For me its got to be team talk feedback. What does it do? Does it tell us anything? Hell no. For example. I was just playing a match. Leading 2-0 at half time... So i said don't get complacent. We then went on to lose 3-2. So i think to myself, well i guess my team talk wasn't very good. I go to team talk feedback and hey-ho from my team talk it tells me that nothing specific was noted! WOW, real good help there! :p

Whats the worst feature in your opinion?

I think that feature has been good personally in some cases, because some times you can be behind, get your half time team talk, and then you win and your praised by your players for your half time team talk / tactics etc.

I think pointless feature is the career earnings, because it's just had people wanting to go to much into that specific part of the game, which has gotten silly imo.

Most pointless feature would have to be board confidence because its doesn't work and never has and they were unable to fix it in the two patches they released. Hopefully this has been fixed for fm2009.

the calender. i dont get why its there? not once have i used it. if i want to know what fixtures i have ill go to my fixture list. and everything else comes up in the news. its really not needed

Completely agree, i personally have no use at all for the calendar. In fact it annoys me when i sometimes look at the schedule of a competition and the default view is the calendar - it is so much more inefficient than the list view.

the calender. i dont get why its there? not once have i used it. if i want to know what fixtures i have ill go to my fixture list. and everything else comes up in the news. its really not needed

A good shout there, seemed a roundabout way of getting infomation that was already available alot quicker.

the transfer fees. way too high IMO. cant wait until the new transfer system on 09
Too many 30mill plus transfers! Players like Guiseppe Rossi and Adrian mutu go for 40 plus.

Transfer fee's arent features

Ye i guess the job vacancy is pointless but i wouldnt want it to be scraped, butwhen teh press ask you to comment on fouls in a game such as peno appeals, how can you tell on a 2d match engine??? so... role on the new 3d match engine!!

The question whether a foul was a penalty or not would be the most pointless as it can't be judged with the 2d match engine. I think I'll love the press conference interview feature, but I hope for some variation as the current media questions go on and on. Every match the same answers. Everytime I face an old player the same question. It happens too much and is too shallow. I do like the offside questions as I can check that a bit and that can be fun, but I can't judge a foul in a 2d engine. The engine wasn't (isn't?) ready the answer the question and therefore is very useless.

Of course I do understand that the media ask such things, but in real life managers can judge that a bit. Not yet in this game. Maybe in 3d?

I find the calendar quite handy when deciding to give reserve games to my 1st teamers.

One look at the calender and you can directly see all the oncoming fixtures for all your teams (1st team, reservers & youths)

So don´t you dare take it off! ;)

MN

Questioning a referee's decision.

There's a 1% chance you'll get satisfaction by criticising the referee and a 99% chance of you getting fined or banned. It's essentially a no-win situation and the best solution is to simply ignore the comments.

Probably the most pointless of things.

Questioning a referee's decision.

There's a 1% chance you'll get satisfaction by criticising the referee and a 99% chance of you getting fined or banned. It's essentially a no-win situation and the best solution is to simply ignore the comments.

Probably the most pointless of things.

It wouldn't be so bad if sometimes something would happen. Like they turn a decision of a red card around. But the most positive outcome is that they stay silent.

Archived