How about an FM in-game Music Player?

I play my FM with music, but always had to alt-tab out to change genres from time to time. So I was wondering if FM could incorporate an in-game media player, so that I could listen to music without switching from program to program. Of course, it should be optional when you install the game since I'm sure not everyone would want it.

Even cooler if it was a media player, so what I can play short movie clips while the game is loading. Of course, I'm sure that would extend the loading time, but I'm guessing those who have packed up all that RAM wouldn't mind.

Surely you could use an mp3 player or a radio so that your game wouldn't run slower. Personally I don't have a problem playing FM and Windows Media Player at the same time anyway, and I have keyboard controls for changing the song, pausing, etc. There's not any great need for time to be spent on this.

I play FM in windowed mode with Winamp in the top right of the screen (MMD3 skin ftw) and it doesn't slow FM down in the slightest...

I do this as well. Absolutely no need for an in-game music player.

Can't see why people still use Media Player to play their music. It's a memory hog, looks ugly and the sound output is appalling. Itunes is carp as well, but i guess it's a necessity for mac and Ipod users.

Anyway, an integrated music player for FM is not needed. Winamp is good enough to do exactly what's needed and with classic skin on it doesn't slow the game down at all.

Can't see why people still use Media Player to play their music. It's a memory hog, looks ugly and the sound output is appalling. Itunes is carp as well, but i guess it's a necessity for mac and Ipod users.

Anyway, an integrated music player for FM is not needed. Winamp is good enough to do exactly what's needed and with classic skin on it doesn't slow the game down at all.

I agree.. cant see how anyone can even touch WMP.. it is the worst media player available.. winamp has everything and more and is better, faster and better looking.. :p

Archived