i have 20 shots on goal, they have 1. i lose 1-0. WTF

i dont know whos in charge of the patch and i dont really care, but for flicks sake i am sick to death of losing games ive dominated since the patch. weidly its a completely different game now. my strikers cant see arses for banjos. not good at all. last 3 games since the patch- shots 23/6 they won 1-0. 36/3. 0-0. need i go on?

i dont know whos in charge of the patch and i dont really care, but for flicks sake i am sick to death of losing games ive dominated since the patch. weidly its a completely different game now. my strikers cant see arses for banjos. not good at all. last 3 games since the patch- shots 23/6 they won 1-0. 36/3. 0-0. need i go on?

Happens even in real life, way too often.

Shots don't win games, goals do.

Concentrate on creating good chances rather than having lots of shots.

I lost 2-1 to shef unt. i had 22 shots, hit the woodwork twice, missed countless 1 on 1's and they scored with their first two shots of the game in the second half and went on to have a total of 6 shots. but hey, thats football.

i am rather suspisious that there is a code worked in though for bottom 4 clubs as i seem to lose to them a lot and find it very hard to beat them when i do!

Shots don't win games, goals do.

Concentrate on creating good chances rather than having lots of shots.

How do you do this? Ive tried a lot of things and its not working well, im in my thord season with arsenal and in past games i would have won 2 leagues and a champs by now, but so far have won only a league cup. Fm2012 is proving to be a big annoyance for me!

I lost 2-1 to shef unt. i had 22 shots, hit the woodwork twice, missed countless 1 on 1's and they scored with their first two shots of the game in the second half and went on to have a total of 6 shots. but hey, thats football.

i am rather suspisious that there is a code worked in though for bottom 4 clubs as i seem to lose to them a lot and find it very hard to beat them when i do!

They are harder to beat because you are a team with a much higher rep than them. Therefore they sit deep try to defend and sneak a goal on the counter-attack, much like how lower league teams player Premiership ones in the FA Cup.

Reverse the roles. You're in the bottom 4 and you're away to Arsenal. You're going to keep things tight and hope to sneak something, right? I doubt you would come out all guns blazing.

How do you do this?

There's no magic bullet. Every game is different and you have to analyze the tactic you're facing. To borrow a phrase from American football, "you take what they give you". If the defensive line is playing high, run past them. If they're playing a deep and tight defense, shoot from distance. If they're a bunch of wusses, flatten them on tackles and control the game that way.

Think that is annoying/odd? Have a look at this!

screenshot20120112at185.png

I can't work out how they scored two goals, when they had one shot, and none on target?

(Ignore the fact it was a **** result please!).

Was there an own goal in there ? :)

I am not sure what people want out of this game. I have heard it's too easy, too hard, too much of this, not enough of that. The game has developed and it takes time to work it out.

For instance Arsenal have won nothing recently so why so surprised? The game has moved on and yes they are slight annoyances but for the most part people who are having issues tend to be not reading the new game or missing some aspects of the changes.

I am truly baffled as to what folks want out of this game? Personally I think this iteration is brilliant, never 100%, no game is but I love the interaction, the need to think though what you do and so on. In RL football is just that, there is no easy option, look at Man City v Liverpool last night as opposed to the other week. MU v MCity recently , it changes all the time and even those who hate the media aspects of the game, look at what happens in RL. HR never stops opinionating, SAF moans when loses and so on.

Not sure how many people visit the T&T forum but that helps you to understand the game and the game mechanics and the foibles of football.

When in doubt and at your tether's end remember do not get mad get even :)

You wil get a couple of these results every season! Which is why anyone who goes on these 100 game unbeaten runs is a proper liar! ( excusing those who have a good team in a crap league).

FM will get you! No matter what.

(I did once make it to 49 with arsenal in the prem tho, got well excited bout beating the record and got beaten by spurs. Bad times)

Think that is annoying/odd? Have a look at this!

screenshot20120112at185.png

I can't work out how they scored two goals, when they had one shot, and none on target?

(Ignore the fact it was a **** result please!).

It seems that shots that actually are goals is not counted in the statistics. At least that is a conclusion I have come to when watching stats and shots in games.

You wil get a couple of these results every season! Which is why anyone who goes on these 100 game unbeaten runs is a proper liar! ( excusing those who have a good team in a crap league).

FM will get you! No matter what.

(I did once make it to 49 with arsenal in the prem tho, got well excited bout beating the record and got beaten by spurs. Bad times)

My unbeaten run is at 160.. And going strong!!

A lot of draws though, one season I had 15!!

are you shooting from the half-way line?

Tty the tactic "work ball into box" and "retain possession" see if this helps

This is perhaps the most common complaint in FM. It happens on the game, it happens in real life. Best thing it just to pick yourself up and get on with it.

IRL I watched my team Cardiff City lose 2-0 at home to Ipswich last season: we hit the bar, had shots cleared off the line, Martin Fulop had the greatest game he'll ever have...and they scored with their only 2 shots.

I tried quitting to the main menu and replaying it, and that's when I realised I play FM too much...

Archived