modding to be a ref?

I know this has been brought up before. But the game is so perfect imo that a great addition, especially to online play, would be if a friend was allowed to ref a game as the 3rd person. It doesn't have to be any more complex (ie some career option etc) Is it possible to just mod it? Has SI ever seriously considered adding it?

I have a better idea. How about an option to be a fan watching the game? That way you could have thousands of people online participating in the game, and as a fan you could do whatever you wanted! Stand up, sit down, look like you're having an epilepsy attack...well, that'd be pretty much it.

I have a better idea. How about an option to be a fan watching the game? That way you could have thousands of people online participating in the game, and as a fan you could do whatever you wanted! Stand up, sit down, look like you're having an epilepsy attack...well, that'd be pretty much it.

But obviously then we'd need the ability to have a life outside football and earn money to go to games or buy a TV and just watch the game from home. Endless possibilities tbh!

jinx!!! haha great minds!

My dream has always been to shout out the goalscorer and time, would be a sensational addition if we could also call out halftime scores from around the country, could even come with a free loudspeaker thing so everyone in your street can hear what is happening in your FM !

EDIT: just image, if you were that good you could progress to be the score shouter at a world cup etc. use your money to invest in a better speakerphone

My dream has always been to shout out the goalscorer and time, would be a sensational addition if we could also call out halftime scores from around the country, could even come with a free loudspeaker thing so everyone in your street can hear what is happening in your FM !

EDIT: just image, if you were that good you could progress to be the score shouter at a world cup etc. use your money to invest in a better speakerphone

You could be onto something there! I think you could make millions

How about an inside camera within the ball? You could watch the game at ground level whilst getting constantly kicked

or better still, i'd like to be able to take the place of the satnav that directs me to the grounds. Just think of the endless excitement of arriving at all those different grounds! Football Satnav13

or better still, i'd like to be able to take the place of the satnav that directs me to the grounds. Just think of the endless excitement of arriving at all those different grounds! Football Satnav13

I use google earth to find the ground I'm about to play at before every away game...

Football Kiosk Manager

Yes YOU [yes you] can hand out the bovrils at half-time and try to add up 3 orders without a calculator. Football Kiosk Manager 2012 edition also comes with the ability to choose the brand of pie and the flavour! Now accepting Pre-loads from Steam... My Bovril's Steaming - Is yours?!

How about we can be Chris kamara! We can miss every key moment in a match and shout repeatedly "unbelievable jeff!" and random nonsense about beavers

And completely miss people being sent off, thinking they were being substituted but not wondering why a replacement didn't come on.

I know this has been brought up before. But the game is so perfect imo that a great addition, especially to online play, would be if a friend was allowed to ref a game as the 3rd person. It doesn't have to be any more complex (ie some career option etc) Is it possible to just mod it? Has SI ever seriously considered adding it?

Really? :D Who in the world would suggest something like that? Chairman idea sounds like an awesome one compared to this one

Really? :D Who in the world would suggest something like that? Chairman idea sounds like an awesome one compared to this one

LOL,

I do not post in this forum since a while but I was surprised to hear that as well ? :D

Thanks to a new feature in FM2012 you CAN participate. This is what I'm doing in the demo: customise the new SHOUTS feature and give it your own name. I have one called 'PULL YOUR FINGERS OUT!' [well, a bit ruder].

So when I click on it I imagine me in the crowd shouting abuse at the team and the team responding by pushing forward, upping the tempo, going in hard etc.

Magic!

Well, I'm into real-life games, and I won't judge someone for playing whatever they want. I like the idea of being a police officer, soccer manager, a doctor, etc..because aside from one of those, chances are I won't become that, so it be cool to give it a shot in some way through a game. I like other games too like nation building, war games, other strategy games.

I find some of the most popular games stupid in some way..World of Warcraft?!? One of the most popular and well rated games..I find it dumb..something nerds and geeks would play. But whatever, people can play what they want if they find it entertaining.

The only reason I thought there might be some interest is the fact that few people like referees and I think it be cool to actually see how well you would do..put your whistle where your mouth is, lol and actually see how well you can do. I think reffing some of the most key matches is pretty enticing.

Furthermore, I would never play a referee game if it was made on its own..that's STUPID. Nobody can build a realistic enough environment like FM has to actually make it all that realistic at all. Is someone going to make the most realistic game ever just so someone can ref? lol Of course not. That be a waste of time. BUT AS A MOD, an addition to an already good game, it makes some sense.

The modding community for GTA created a mod so you can be the police (the other side) that was succesful. You can also control the ambulance. You can also drive a taxi. Is that stupid?

I disagree. It's not a terrible idea as a game (though for a very niche market), but as a mod to FM it makes no sense at all. There's absolutely no framework within the game for it to be built on.

The GTA mod you mentioned worked as a mod because it can be one by making a few changes to the base game. There are some significant differences, but a lot of the game's structure can still be re-used.

Making a 'be the ref' mod for FM, on the other hand… you'd basically be writing an entire 'be the ref' game from scratch anyway.

FM is a management game, a turn by turn game if you prefer, it is not a first person action game or a simulation type sims game, it is a management simulation game. To many this may seem boring, not everyone has a management mindset but for me its perfect. I like the 3D as it allows for graphical appearance of what you do but thats all it should be, for anything else buy another game if you so wish.

Ball boy!

You get to make tactical decisions like not throwing the ball straight back, and if you work for Stoke you get to hold onto Delap's towel. This would be the pinnacle of the ball boy career.

FOr a practical joke I convinced a friend that the ability to give tactical instructions to your own ball boys was a new feature in the game

Archived