Anyone Won FA Cup With BSN/BSS Team?

Ive just recently started a new game managing St Albans (-10 Points) in the Blue Sqaure South League, ive managed to work my way up to the top of the league table half way through the season and am into the Semi Final of the FA Cup where I have to play Man Utd at old trafford, i have previously beaten a couple of League 2 teams and most recently a Championship Team (Hull) but I really dont like my chances of even getting close to Man Utd. Has anyone ever won the FA Cup with a Blue Square North/South Team or even had such a perfect draw that they got through to the final.

nope, i lost the final with a BSP team, didnt play anyone over league 2 until the final where i met spurs and got done by 7 :(

You were lucky not too hit a top team before that although i wouldn't consider spurs a top team either ha ha ha

My best achievement was beating 2 BSPL teams, 1 BSN, and got a very good match against 1 L2 team.

I'm Soluhull Moors by the way. First season.

To actually win it I don't think it's possible. The quality of a championship/premiership teams are way to good. I presume you can get a good match if they bring their reserves, but I think you excelled already by getting to this stage.

Guest markyosullivan

Even if they bring their reserves most PL and Championship teams reserves (and most likely youth team) would be better than BSN/BSS / BSPL teams

Now that's impressive work, getting to the Semi with a Blue Square South side!

Well done!

If you beat Man U, damn! To think some guy was bragging about winning the FA cup and League cup with a Championship dirty dirty Leeds side that got promoted!

An FA Cup semi! Wow! :eek:

Would you be able to post up your draw for each round and the results that have taken you to the semis? I'd also love to see some screenshots!

Furthest I've ever got as a Conference South club is the 3rd round (that's usually happened due to a favourable draw, tbh!). Never made it past there though, always end up getting absolutely hammered by a PL club.

Not impossible, but very improbable. Best I've done is beat Championship sides, or lose replays to Premier League sides. Quarter Finals is probably the furthest I've gone with a BSN/BSP team in recent versions of FM.

In FM10 I managed to win the Spanish Copa del Rey with Granada CF, whilst in the Segunda B4. I did manage to avoid Barcelona and Real Madrid though, who both got knocked out before the final, in which I rode my luck against Villareal, who had two sent off in the first half. :D

In FM11 I won the Copa del Rey with a great run whilst in the Segunda, during my first season.

CupRun.png

In FM11, the furthest I got in the FA Cup was the 4th Round, whilst in the BSN with Telford.

FACup2010-2011Fixtures.png

Millwall were comfortably top of the Championship when we beat them, riding the crest of a wave. After knocking them out, their morale plummeted and they finished just outside the play-off zone. Crystal Palace on the other hand, were fighting relegation most of that season, but in my assessment, actually had a better looking team than Millwall. The draw was a good result, but they drubbed my team in the replay and it really could have been double figures.

I got to the 5th Round the following season, whilst in the BSP, only to go out to Liverpool.

Liverpool1.png

I'd had a pretty easy run to the 5th Round though, so I think "the luck of the draw" has a big part to play. Didn't expect to beat Liverpool, who were top of the Premier League at the time, but my team did put up a good fight, considering the big gulf in quality. Defensively my team worked miracles to keep the score down, repelling wave after wave of Liverpool attacks. We hit them on the break for our goal with a long punt upfield, as I was trying to play "Anti-Football".

Impossible to go further? Not really, but will depend on who you're drawn against and if you face big teams, that you can manage to contain them well enough and hit them with a sucker punch. That's pretty much what happened for me in the Spanish Cup, when facing Real Madrid. I did a thread about "Anti-Football" in the Tactics Forum and found that sort of approach was clearly the best way to tackle vastly superior teams. Trying to play them at their own game with inferior players, you'll likely get ripped apart.

Not impossible, but very improbable. Best I've done is beat Championship sides, or lose replays to Premier League sides. Quarter Finals is probably the furthest I've gone with a BSN/BSP team in recent versions of FM.

In FM10 I managed to win the Spanish Copa del Rey with Granada CF, whilst in the Segunda B4. I did manage to avoid Barcelona and Real Madrid though, who both got knocked out before the final, in which I rode my luck against Villareal, who had two sent off in the first half. :D

In FM11 I won the Copa del Rey with a great run whilst in the Segunda, during my first season.

CupRun.png

Obviously cheated lol.

Made it to the semi-final of the League cup with Droylsden when in League 2 - a few 0-0 draws after parking a bus in front of my goal against Premiership teams followed by penalty shoot out wins. Unfortunately in the semi's Middlesborough (Premier League at the

time) put out their 1st team and taught me a lesson

droylsden.jpg

The OP has another thread open about how he used an editor to give St. Albans a £1m transfer kitty... so I'm going to conclude the FA Cup final was not reached honourably.

lost interest when read this. Shame as it wouldve been a brilliant acheivement

Best I got was to the third round, where I lost to Man City 3-0, but the money I got was enough to get my team promoted the next year. :)

It's what i really like about cups when you are a lower league side.. getting drawn against a Top Division side away so you can get some massive income.

Your only half way through the season but your in the Semi of the FA Cup? The third round doesnt start till January (half way through the season)

Sorry I could actually be more games in than I originally thought, i know ive had a lot of matches postponed because of replays etc so that could be a factor.

Also if your in the Semi Final of the FA Cup its not at Old Trafford. Its at Wembley.

Yes your right it is at wembley, i just assumed that because it was a Man U home game that it would be Old Trafford.

Sorry I could actually be more games in than I originally thought, i know ive had a lot of matches postponed because of replays etc so that could be a factor.

Bit of a difference between January and mid-late April ;)

The OP has another thread open about how he used an editor to give St. Albans a £1m transfer kitty... so I'm going to conclude the FA Cup final was not reached honourably.

Different game mate, that was a test I did that didnt work too good, this game is with the original database and patch 11.3. I dont know why people are claiming its impossible, its not like im saying i won the FA Cup, im just saying I have made the Semi Final, nothing more nothing less.

So let me get this right. You started off with -10 points, your in mid-late April (if your in the FA Cup semi final), you have had numerous postponements but your still top of the league. Despite the fact you have started 10 points behind and have played considerably less games?

So let me get this right. You started off with -10 points, your in mid-late April (if your in the FA Cup semi final), you have had numerous postponements but your still top of the league. Despite the fact you have started 10 points behind and have played considerably less games?

I love Columbo :p

I love Columbo :p

My favourite quote from Columbo

"I must say I found you disappointing; I mean your incompetence. You left enough clues to sink a ship. And for a man of your intelligence, you got caught in a lot of stupid lies."

:D

My favourite quote from Columbo

"I must say I found you disappointing; I mean your incompetence. You left enough clues to sink a ship. And for a man of your intelligence, you got caught in a lot of stupid lies."

:D

"One more thing"

very appropriate too ;)

I knocked out Norwich and a couple of L2 sides with Weymouth BSS, only to be knocked by West Ham in the quarter. Won the league and the trophy thing though.

But to be fair, it is to easy. You always get some kind of help, very predictable. While I enjoy reading heath's stories, its very much the same as in my games and just to predictable imo. red cards, being effective in fron of goal, opponent not creating enough even though having superior players.... sorry, did i ruin it for you guys now? hehe

miracle run from midtable to play off etc etc, you find it all here on this site, and its always the same!

Managed to get to the fifth round of the F.A. cup with Havant and W in first season. I lost 4-1 to Sunderland, no thanks to one of my centre midfielders, striker and left back all being sent off in the first 25 minutes. Raked in around 1.5 million pounds from the cup run though. I also completed a league and cup(F.A. trophy) double though.

2nd Round with Redditch in the BSN... To be fair we got a really lucky draw but yet, not so lucky in that every game was away -_-;;

Went like this:

Yate (A) 3-0

Solihull (A) 3-1

Harlow (H) 4-1

1st Rd: Darlington (A) 2-1 (BSP team)

2nd Rd: Peterborough (A) 1-5 (L1 winners that year.)

I was chuffed to even get to the second round to be honest. I think if we got a home fixture our finances would have been sorted and we would have snuck away with a win because our pitch looks like someone's dropped the H-bomb on it. I'd love to see how the League 1 players would have handled kicking half the pitch in the air with the ball. >.> (I think that's why we win at home so much the mud flies into the opposition keeper's eyes and we drub them while he's blinded.)

Speaking of cup runs/drubbings... FA trophy that year was equally painful.

Corby (A) 2-1

Waltham (A) 3-1

Nuneaton (H) 1-0

Wrexham (H) 1-1

Wrexham (A) 1-4

=( We should have beaten Wrexham but for their 85th minute equaliser -_- *sigh* Least they went on to the final I believe so I'm content.

@isignedupfornorealreason: Gate receipts from the FA cup are divided in two and each club receives an equal amount. Since BSN sides are not known for their big-capacity stadiums or hordes of fans, drawing sides away in a cup is usually a good thing for your finances.

At Accrington I got them to the third round. In the first round I beat Droylsden 2-1, In the second round I beat Brighton 1-0 :D and then in the third round I drew Chelsea away. Played well and led twice through an own goal and a penalty; went in at half time 2-1 up. Lost 9-2 after they sent Drogba and Anelka on :(

Technically if you play enough seasons then eventually somebody somewhere has to do it. ;)

A number of games ago I did get a conference team to the semi's of the league cup, and a division 2 (oh sorry, league 1) team to the final of one of the cups. A kind draw means one shock result can be all it takes, but you always get mullered eventually.

Likewise I've lost to crappy lower teams with tops teams. I bloody hate Wolves.

Obviously cheated lol.

Nope :D

Just played "Anti-Football" against Real Madrid. "Hard tackling" on everyone and I'm fortunate enough to have a Paraguayan striker who is prone to diving in and around the box - and getting away with it quite often ;) (He does actually get booked for "simulation" occasionally. Quite funny when watching the match commentary.)

So actually come to think of it, yes... I encourage my team to be a cheating dirty bunch of diving and fouling gits! :p

Just played "Anti-Football" against Real Madrid. "Hard tackling" on everyone and I'm fortunate enough to have a Paraguayan striker who is prone to diving in and around the box - and getting away with it quite often ;) (He does actually get booked for "simulation" occasionally. Quite funny when watching the match commentary.)

So actually come to think of it, yes... I encourage my team to be a cheating dirty bunch of diving and fouling gits! :p

So your Real Madrid? That seems like a Mourinho tactic :D

I knew there was something cheaty going on lol. How come he gets away with it my striker dives quite a bit but gets caught all the time.

A number of games ago I did get a conference team to the semi's of the league cup

You sure about that lol.

@isignedupfornorealreason: Gate receipts from the FA cup are divided in two and each club receives an equal amount. Since BSN sides are not known for their big-capacity stadiums or hordes of fans, drawing sides away in a cup is usually a good thing for your finances.

Ahhhh, but still, my crater-pitch would have won the day I'm sure ^_^ My players can't cope with freshly mown flat grass...

You sure about that lol.

Ahahaha oops meant the other way around. FA cup for the conf team and League cup for the league 1 team! Shouldn't write when tired!

I'm never going to live that down now am I?

The farthest I've reached was 3rd Round using Chelmsford City F.C. from Blue Square South.

Would FA Youth Cup (Under 18s Cup) count? If so I managed to win the cup on 2010/2011 season, my first season with same club. We beat Arsenal U18 3-1 extra time.

I knew there was something cheaty going on lol. How come he gets away with it my striker dives quite a bit but gets caught all the time.

I love my Paraguayan striker. Good fun following the commentary, when he wins a free kick or penalty, he's clearly dived, but the referee gives it and the opposing players go ape...

It's the little things like that which I enjoy about FM. :)

I've no idea what his hidden Sportsmanship attribute value is, but the ease with which he seems to hit the deck, would suggest it's somehow in the minus figures! :D

Archived