An Actual Attempt to Holiday Far into the Game and My New Record

I know that there are often a number of attempts to get really far in the game by holidaying. The past few versions have seen me go 320 years in FM07, http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LY8F0B4Z, 200 years in FM08, http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D8EFDZ7E, 100 years in FM09, http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WHKDUKGI, and 225 years in FM10, http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0IIIAKGR[/url].

Today I have broken my record and I am still trying to go strong after 320 years. My philosophy in FM07 was to pick a small league to avoid any impact on the game. In this version, I loaded the top division in Iceland to get the Champions League and Europa League simulated as well. Thanks to DLR in FM11, my choice actually have had quite an impact on the game. After 100 years, the league gained momentum and worked its way up to the top 6 for 3 Champions League spots and now in 2330, it is the 4th best behind the Premier League, La Liga, and Serie A. I will of course continue to see how far I can go and post updates. There will be saves uploaded so you can play at various points in the rise, but those will happen either when I am way past that point in time or when I am done. If I have time before FM12, I am sure that I will also try to do other leagues as well, but I figured this was one of the fastest possible setups. Here are some pictures (look at those stadiums in Iceland now as they clearly should have hosted something by now besides the odd Champions League and Europa League final):

21c83mw.jpg

clubs.jpg

worldcup.jpg

euros.jpg

Answering a couple of questions:

Getting this far took me a shade over 2 days of game time. That is quite a bit faster than my pace in FM07, but I have a much faster computer now.

I really had no idea that Iceland would jump up so high. Now I wonder if I had chosen Hong Kong as I have in the past if they would enjoyed a similar boost. Maybe for a future holidaying project...

As far as I know, the population of countries does not change in the game, so yes, Iceland has become quite football-mad over the centuries.

2121 is pretty far, especially with big leagues loaded. I went with the setup that would go as fast as possible.

You should choose a big nation instead. The reason Iceland did so well is because the league would have been much more active and got different financial results, and teams would be actively buying players, whilst others wouldn't be as aggressive. Congrats on getting that far though, and really interesting.

I knew Iceland would do well, but I honestly thought that they would stop short of being the 4th biggest league. I may go with the big leagues in future holiday games, but I have gotten England 200 years into the future in past years and wanted to try the fastest setup possible.

would you be able to take a quick peek and tell us what the CA/PA situation is like? Where are all the best youth coming from? How good are the young players in Iceland?

Also, are there many major transfer of players into Iceland?

More questions to answer...

CA/PA is similar to the start of the game although there are some golden ages and some weaker periods.

The players seem pretty distributed. As you can see from the transfer screenshots, there was a 117 million pound move from an Icelandic Club to Real Madrid.

I do not know about the prize money and I will try to check that next time I am in (as I type it just roared past 2600).

More of those long screenshots like the winners of each season will probably come later on once I stop.

Wow - really impressive.

Disappointing to see that all the big clubs - Man Utd / Man City / Arsenal / Chelsea etc are still their at the top of the game (financially at least). Surely by then at least one of them will have gone bankrupt in a very big way and be propping up the bottom of the Blue Square South - please??????

The English leagues are not loaded, so Huddersfield have not done anything. That also explains why finances are basically the same for all the teams in inactive leagues.

England does have a good record in the world of FM.

Hosting is poor. I really was hoping to see Iceland host the Euros.

Wait, did I see a player named Kris Cross on that FM Scout list? :D

Also, how's been the quality of Icelandic newgens over the years? I'm 7 seasons into my save and there has not been a single Icelandic newgen coming through good enough for a foreign transfer, let alone an international callup.

Have faith. I have had one come through that is flying around Europe for £10.5m right now. I'm 16 seasons in but started in tier 4 with a custom XML. I'm still struggling to break the CL groups though...

I'm sure by 3000 iceland will have been ravaged by earthquakes and volcanos and would have fallen into the ocean.

I find it funny that despite having one of the best leagues in the world, they still havent managed to win a world cup in 200 attempts lol

has ay of the things described in this song happened?

A little mini-update as I found a couple of interesting screenshots as I am about to hit the 3500 barrier. Iceland has now won the World Cup! A couple new mega stadiums have been built in the country as well. I can no longer use Genie Scout on the save because the file has gotten too big.

Screenshots:

Iceland hitting 2 on the Competitions lists:

icelandat2.jpg

A crazy look at the current country coefficients: (Andorra with 2 Champions League spots?)

coefflate.jpg

Wow, this is great to see, thanks for this. Iceland's success is pretty incredible but what I find funny is Hausar's average attendance of 100,000. That's a third of the population of Iceland! There's either been a huge in-game population increase or the Icelandics have become crazily addicted to football lol!!

Here are a couple more backup saves, one from about 320 years in and one from 2500. Iceland has basically reached its plateau in both, so you can enjoy managing their clubs to the top of Europe:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JVWKG4EW

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UK5RBJYP

As for my continued efforts to holiday to the future, I have crossed the 1800 year barrier recently. 2000 years of organized football is on the horizon!

Archived