For the attention of the SI team

Hi

I am wondering if any kind member of SI could tell me if there are plans for an FM2011 AND FM2012?

Fairly new over here but an answer on this subject would be great.

Thanks for your time

Gareth

Sorry for double post.

When I ask if you are going to release these titles I mean for the PC

Thanks again

Thanks.

You seem very sure about that:)

Well considering there was an fm05,06,07,08,09,and the fm10 i think it's only obvious that fm11 will be released,unless what sheer class stated,which is highly unlikely anywhere in the near future.

• SI Staff
Even that won't stop it, as the game sells enough to find another publisher easily.

Would need SI to fold for there to be no FM11.

SI are owned by SEGA though...

When will we get info? I mean i've looked around on a few forums and seen many comments from people saying "It's only June, we won't know anything until August/September." Yet you look at the other big games which will be out around the same sort of time like CoD: Black Ops, Fifa 11, Pro Evo and they all have info on their up coming releases. I'm just curious as to why SI wait?

Hi

I am wondering if any kind member of SI could tell me if there are plans for an FM2011 AND FM2012?

Fairly new over here but an answer on this subject would be great.

Thanks for your time

Gareth

Unfortunately the FM series has been cancelled. Sales were rubbish and no one cared enough ;)

When will we get info? I mean i've looked around on a few forums and seen many comments from people saying "It's only June, we won't know anything until August/September." Yet you look at the other big games which will be out around the same sort of time like CoD: Black Ops, Fifa 11, Pro Evo and they all have info on their up coming releases. I'm just curious as to why SI wait?

What do you mean wait? The game is always out around October 30th ish. They'll announce it when they are good and ready. Who cares what Cod and FIFA do. Patience is a virtue my friend.

Nah I'll keep schtum :)

You may recognise the references that I may add in though ;)

Incidentally, if you need tactics, look me up in the T&TT forum ;)

Yes I'll have a nose in it.

And I'm sure you will enjoy your next few posts over there :D

What do you mean wait? The game is always out around October 30th ish. They'll announce it when they are good and ready. Who cares what Cod and FIFA do. Patience is a virtue my friend.

As in why do they wait to release information on whats gonna be a massive release. Doesn't get the hype of a Fifa or a CoD (and we know FM should) but i'm simply asking if there is any information they could relay to us. I mean it's doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that they are working on FM11 right now and i wasn't in anyway saying that they should follow suit with the other game developers i was just giving examples and hoping for an answer to a question that has always puzzled me. Why wait when SI could feed us a little information and maybe get some feedback on what they are doing from the people they'll actually be doing it for.

And patience has never been one of my virtues.

A lot of things in FM can change right up to the last minute, and there isn't pretty new graphics (at least to the extent of those kinds of games) to be worth mentioning. What exactly could a teaser trailer be? No transfers have happened yet, the 3d match engine isn't the main focus of the game in the same way it is for FIFA. There isn't any teasers they could put out really, 4/5 months before the game comes out you don't know if say for example, this new player interaction is going to have to be scrapped until next year because it can't be balanced properly or not. Release dates aren't committed to early because its embarassing and frustrating when you then have to backpeddle (see fable 2) and SI don't have Peter Molyneux about to start generating hype by telling us things like its no longer a football management game but its more than that even though its still a football management game (see fable 3).

Once the new features are set in stone so to speak we begin to see them, we get shown the new tactics UI, we get to see some of the new skin and a couple other features being added.

The only good thing ultimately to look forward to is, if they really want to SI could end up with a better set of graphics than FIFA in the end, because its scripted it doesn't need to allow for more open-ended user interaction and it could be more cinematic level of graphics in some ways. But, its unlikely to happen as whilst it is important, the display of the match engine isn't all that important - the match engine working right is.

SI are constantly working on the next version so you can be sure that it is in hand. They have also only released info about new versions and features if and when they are ready, without giving deadlines or dates. Consequently you will find out about FM 11 first on this site so keep watching, but until then I will close this.

Archived