Plz delete this from fm!!

Can't you change the rule via the editor? I've not used that function before but I know you can change the rules somewhere.

No, these sorts of rules are hard-coded. You can't change them.

It is going to happen IRL. Ergo it should be in the game. If you don't like it then it is your problem.

This :thup:

I know but it is crazy!!!

Your complaining to the wrong people. If you want this removed, which is something I dont think will happen, then you should be complaining to the English FA and not SI.

What is it? :confused:

It's new rule that's being implemented next season irl, where you need 25 player registered for the 1st team. Any players under 21 don't need to be registered and can still play, but anyone above 21 who isn't registered won't be able to play.

Dont want to see this rule implimented by the English FA due to foreign nationals are better skilled and have more determination than english grown players.

Rooney is the best while the rest of the english are trash, this new rule next season sucks.

Dont want to see this rule implimented by the English FA due to foreign nationals are better skilled and have more determination than english grown players.

Rooney is the best while the rest of the english are trash, this new rule next season sucks.

I'll bite.

LOL @ ignorant "the rest of the English are trash". One player doesn't make you one of the best sides in the world (it's pretty undeniable that England are one of the best 8 or so sides around), or Sweden, Serbia and Ivory Coast would be right up there

Is Fabregas less skilled than Modric? Fabregas is English grown. Is Ronaldo less skillful than Kaka? Is Gerrard worse than Ballack? Are Scholes and Lampard worse than Pirlo? Is Gomez anywhere near Crouch or Defoe? Could any side in the world field a centre back partnership as good as Ferdinand and Terry? I could continue.

I'll bite.

LOL @ ignorant "the rest of the English are trash". One player doesn't make you one of the best sides in the world (it's pretty undeniable that England are one of the best 8 or so sides around), or Sweden, Serbia and Ivory Coast would be right up there

Is Fabregas less skilled than Modric? Fabregas is English grown. Is Ronaldo less skillful than Kaka? Is Gerrard worse than Ballack? Are Scholes and Lampard worse than Pirlo? Is Gomez anywhere near Crouch or Defoe? Could any side in the world field a centre back partnership as good as Ferdinand and Terry? I could continue.

That is all true SCIAG. But, where are Englands results in competitions?

That's why this rule is going to be implemented. It will decrease the quality of clubs, but it'll raise the quality of national team.

At least that's the idea.

This is correct and I think what the OP is actually trying to say.

I still don't see the problem? :confused:

That's why this rule is going to be implemented. It will decrease the quality of clubs, but it'll raise the quality of national team.

The England ladies international team did quite well in the Euro comp that just happened, didn't they? :cool:

I'll bite.

Yes .

Your kind of arguing against yourself here. Im Scottish so believe me, i can say with some authority that the english national side is not trash. (try a season with Berti Vogts as your manager). However i do think there isnt the volume of quality coming out of England right now as the FA would like. This rule should encourage teams to use and develop home grown talent, therefore in five years down the line England will be producing a vast quantity of world class footballers. Or at least thats the plan.

Im not so sure it will decrease quality at club level. I agree with you on your point about the national team, but i reckon the vast majority of clubs should be able to continue in pretty much the same way as they have been for years.

The bigger spenders may have to be a little more careful, but i think long term this should improve quality all round.

this is exactly why we need this rule. there is a myth that a 16 year old foreigner is better or going to be better than a 16 year old englishman. Young english players are not getting the chance to prove themselves because of team with this attitude.

Wait till in a few years when all these young players are coming through because clubs will have no choice but to use them.

Back in the day teams like west ham had to rely on these youngsters and look where a lot of them are now.

It will work, you just need to give them a chance

THIS WILL NOT BE IMPLEMENTED BY THE PREMIER LEAGUE

And SI have got it wrong I'm afraid.

1. There will be a 25 player registration limit - agreed

2. They will NOT enforce this through squad numbers.

How can they? Otherwise Walcott will not be given number 14 as this will go to a player who's older than 21.

So all of those who say SI have implemented this right are wrong. It should have been done like the Champions League registration system, INDEPENDANT OF NUMBERS.

That's the problem.

How can they? Otherwise Walcott will not be given number 14 as this will go to a player who's older than 21.

So all of those who say SI have implemented this right are wrong. It should have been done like the Champions League registration system, INDEPENDANT OF NUMBERS.

That's the problem.

it has nothing to do with numbers. the 25 players you select dont have to be numbered 1-25. You just have to register 25 players over 21 years old. they can have whatever number they want

That's the problem.

I don't think anyone's really disagreeing with that are they, and I think it is recognised that it should be implemented the same way as the CL registration and the squad numbers should be a seperate thing?

But in all honesty the basis of the rule is there correctly so it doesn't make much difference to me? It doesn't bother me that a player has no shirt number in game, it's a minor thing for me, as long as I can put them on the pitch i couldn't care less.......

I was hoping SI would remove it rather than implement a broken rule, or at least provide an XML file to disable it. To remove the rule, at the moment, you have to recreate the entire English system.

Any good youngster will always get through, and any who doesn't doesn't for a reason bar 'too many foreigners'.

An obvious problem as I see it is with youth training focussing more on the physical side of football and breeding 'competitiveness', with the lack of focus on technical ability being compensated for with near-pointless ball-control skills (keepy uppies, precision skills etc), rather than through proven methods elsewhere, eg. futsal. Just end up with players who may have the ability to play but lack the mental skills (creativity, anticipation etc) and the ability to play under pressure or at a quicker pace and can sometimes try to compensate with physical ability and aggression.

Obviously that's a massive exaggeration, but it's clear something's amiss.

As for DC partnerships, I think Spain, Portugal and Germany all have DCs that can better England's, and I really continue to have my doubts over whether Terry-Ferdinand is even the best pairing.

I'm not sure if I've come across well or made too much sense but my mind is rather elsewhere and I'm struggling to put anything together coherently, so forgive me. :thup:

It will be implented by the Premier League actually.

Have you even read my post?

Do you really think the Premier League will take the identity off players so that Walcott will not need a number?

You're saying he'll be coming out in a different number every game like what happens in FM now?

it has nothing to do with numbers. the 25 players you select dont have to be numbered 1-25. You just have to register 25 players over 21 years old. they can have whatever number they want

Wrong again.

Players under 21 don't ned a number to play.

So players like Walcott turn up to the pitch with a different number every game.

That's the problem.

I'm baffled that people are trying to argue with this.

PL squad registration and squad numbers are two separate issues, they should be treated that way by the game, which at the moment they are not.

Wrong again.

So players like Walcott turn up to the pitch with a different number every game.

You can still give under 21 players a number, i don't know how big arsenal's first team is but i doubt its more than 25, besides if the rule is like it is in fm then Arsenal would want to register walcott anyway with a number because he is homegrown.

Wrong again.

are you really finding it that hard to understand. Its an error IN GAME!

Next season when teams have to register their squads, all the numbers will be the same. Yes Walcott will still be number 14, he will just not need to be registered to play.

All it is is a piece of paper/email with a list of 25 names on which are the registered players for that season. Forget about squad numbers. That will not change

Have you even read my post?

Do you really think the Premier League will take the identity off players so that Walcott will not need a number?

You're saying he'll be coming out in a different number every game like what happens in FM now?

You have, since I last posted, been explained as to why you are wrong. :thup:

are you really finding it that hard to understand. Its an error IN GAME!

Next season when teams have to register their squads, all the numbers will be the same. Yes Walcott will still be number 14, he will just not need to be registered to play.

All it is is a piece of paper/email with a list of 25 names on which are the registered players for that season. Forget about squad numbers. That will not change

Obviously it's an in game error, that's what I'm arguing.

At the moment they do get affected in the game.

You have, since I last posted, been explained as to why you are wrong. :thup:

Read mine and dafuges posts.

Can you seriously not understand what I'm saying?

Do you not agree there is an eror in the game with the way this is handled?

It should be like the CL registration INDEPENDANT OF NUMBERS. But it isn't implemented that way so only 25 players can get a number which shouldn't be the case.

Read mine and dafuges posts.

Can you seriously not understand what I'm saying?

Do you not agree there is an eror in the game with the way this is handled?

It should be like the CL registration INDEPENDANT OF NUMBERS. But it isn't implemented that way so only 25 players can get a number which shouldn't be the case.

Actually I think you're all wrong.

As far as I am aware the FA have not announced how the rule will be implemented.

I'm 99.9% certain that they are not going to take the route implemented in game, the marketing departments at clubs would have coronaries, but until they do make an announcement none of you can definitively say you are right or wrong.

Archived