FM10 - Hit or Miss?

FM10 - Hit, Miss or Still undecided  

261 members have voted

1. 1. FM10 - Hit, Miss or Still undecided

• Hit
    • Miss
    • Still undecided

Now patch 10.3 is out and people have had a chance to use it for a few days I feel now is a fair time to ask the question - is FM10 a hot or miss?

For me it's a hit, it was from release and through 10.2 personally but I understand others may have had some issues with the game which have hopefully been sorted. This latest patch really puts the icing on the cake for me, it feels like some rough edges have been smoothed and gets a big :thup: from me.

A hit. The game continues to evolve and getter better each year in terms of gameplay, ME and visually.

The areas that badly need work for me are pre-season, press conferences, and general media/staff intereaction.

I feel alot could be done with pre-season to bring it in line with the real world. As we know now, pre-season is not only about conditioning players for the new season, but also used for commercial means aswel. Hence the big international pre-season tournaments that take place around the world now.

Always been a hit from me, since FM07 even. I'm more of a cricket fan than a football fan, and without trying to be disrepectful, everybody here is a little bit spoilt. The most advanced cricket management simulators out there are simply pitiiful when compared to FM - they don't even come close, so having brought up with them and then playing FM is simply incredible.

FM is a stunning game. It really is.

Good poll but way too early simon. Not sure those who loved 10.2 or hated 10.2 would be swayed in a couple of days. Those that had little niggles might, but it would be interesting to see the results of poll and then run it again in say 3 months.

I bet when patch 10.2 came out the exitment swayed alot of people and it took a little time to notice its bad points.

I have only played 10.3 for an hour but have enjoyed it very much compared to 10.2, however i personaly haven't had enough time to conclude if its a hit or miss.

Good poll but way too early simon. Not sure those who loved 10.2 or hated 10.2 would be swayed in a couple of days. Those that had little niggles might, but it would be interesting to see the results of poll and then run it again in say 3 months.

I bet when patch 10.2 came out the exitment swayed alot of people and it took a little time to notice its bad points.

I have only played 10.3 for an hour but have enjoyed it very much compared to 10.2, however i personaly haven't had enough time to conclude if its a hit or miss.

I'm not sure. I think now is the perfect time as 10.2 is still fresh in the minds of people.

I was definately not impressed at first as the game was virtually unplayable. But having waited for the latest patch, and having played the game now, it is a lot more smoother. There is still a couple of problems here and there, {especially when the screen turns white when I have the highlights on. In which case I can't even see the comment bar at the bottom}. But, apart from that little thing, the rest of the game is very very good indeed. So, I will give this game a hit.

The single best feature of FM 2010 is not actually the game itself, but rather the editor that allows to add a league from anywhere in the world.

However in later versions of FM, i would like to see down to lv 11 in england as standard, rather than as an addition that needs tons of work. Maybe you don't need to do all the regional cups so low down though, just the divisions and the FA Vase.

as for the game itself, 10.2 a hit, 10.3 a miss

However in later versions of FM, i would like to see down to lv 11 in england as standard, rather than as an addition that needs tons of work. Maybe you don't need to do all the regional cups so low down though, just the divisions and the FA Vase.

Who would do the research? And whats the point of having the detail of every league but not all the cups?

But for me, all of FM10 was a hit, and each patch has improved it.

Best football manager game at the moment, even without any patches but 1.3 makes it even 30% better.

There is still room for improvement though.

I play it for 2 month every single day at least 1.5 hrs which is amazing (I must be sick in some way :D ).

Hit. :thup:

10.1 was good for me, apart from tackling/defending; 10.2 was (in my opinion) poor, so I reverted to 10.1.

But 10.3 really is a very good patch, and has brought back the coveted 'immersion factor', that had been missing for me since FM2007.

With 10.3, Football Manager is an excellent game. :)

But 10.3 really is a very good patch, and has brought back the coveted 'immersion factor', that had been missing for me since FM2007.

What do you mean, what is 'coveted "immersion factor"'. I'm really interested in this.

Miss: Game is good ill give ya that, but after 3 patches: gaming rigs that fill sys specs by a lot cant run game properly, bugs in ME (corner and others), etc... FM10 10.3.0 looks like what a BETA should have looked like IMO. (still, i live he serier and ill wait fo FM11, hopefully better than this one.)

Archived