Portsmouth and 10.3. What do you want.

What do you want 10.3 to do with Portsmouth?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want 10.3 to do with Portsmouth?

• Keep them in.
    • Delete them.
    • Not bothered as long as "my" team has the right players.

If Portsmouth go bust, BEFORE the new patch is released, what will happen to them on the game? As most people know, when SI release a data update, they tend to always just add the new players to the clubs for the start of the season (rightly or wrongly...but thats for a different discussion), so going on this, it kinda screws the logic that we have the most comprehensive database, when dates and players dont match etc. Will Portsmouth be taken out of the Premier League, as obviously if they go bust, all player contracts will be null and void. So technically they will be Free transfers.

What does everyone want to happen?

Please keep on topic.

You know my views :p So I voted delete them :)

Hehe. Not sure thats the right attitude to take, but honesty is the best policy apparently...now if only someone had told Portsmouth that. Maybe they wouldn't owe the tax man so much! :p

Keep them in, as at the start of the season they are there, just give them a heap of debt, rubbish board & let them get taken ova at sum point, maybes give them a point deduction, if they really do go bust before the patch comes out

would you be able to do that in the editor?

As portsmouth have started their money troubles midway through the premiership season SI should make portsmouth start with a low budjet and have some owner troubles, rather than just pulling them off the game or making their club fail, they should make it into a challenge, but a challenge than can be succeded with good management skill

The next game should go with whatever happens to portsmouth.

should just make them have massive debt. and lurching to administration but when that happens they will just get bought out and it wont be too realistic. the likes of man utd and liverpool debts should be looked at too.

Whats wrong with the Liverpool and Manchester Utd debts as it is?

should just make them have massive debt. and lurching to administration but when that happens they will just get bought out and it wont be too realistic. the likes of man utd and liverpool debts should be looked at too.

You will find that 10.2 already has Pompey struggle financially. Also Man Utd and Liverpool's debts are modeled as accurately as possible with their huge loans.

This is a bit silly because Portsmouth have anounced that they will go into administration if they don't find a buyer by Friday, meaning that the winding up order will be cancelled.

To be fair though, the thread was created yesterday, before todays announcemenet.

Even if Ports go bust the club will still have to play. The EPL wouldn't dream of just giving 3 points to clubs who haven't faced Ports yet. Especially after the EPL dropped the ball 4 times on the fit and proper test.

I think the FA have already said that any clubs who have played them already would have the points removed. Hence the West Ham board so desperate to keep Portsmouth going!

Any way going off topic again.

To be honest, even without todays announcement, this poll was ridiculous. What I want from the 3rd patch (and all FM's) is them to reflect the RL situation at the time of release. If that had meant they didn't exist then so be it, if they just have ridiculous debt, thats what I want.

What was the point of the poll? Why should our feelings have any bearing on this at all?

There are many good, valid reasons to have polls on these forums and I would hope that these are looked at and at least considered by SI, this is not one of those polls.

How to win friends and influence people by Vic Taylor ;)

It's the 5th time he's asked. I think my comment was completely justified.

Having said that I've had my wrists slapped for winding up the bods in the handheld forum. So I said it sucks' date=' why should that upset them? ;)[/quote']

Lol. No idea! :D

I'd tell when it's out, but the mods just might come and critisize me...

It's out on the 2... *a mod jumps out from behind a rock. there's several seconds of silence*

Mechanical voice: There is no exact date. All we know is the end of Feb/beginning of March. That is all.

Disclaimer: This post was in no way, meant to abuse, ridicule, or slight anyone, users and mods alike. Thank you.

It's out on the 2... *a mod jumps out from behind a rock. there's several seconds of silence*

Mechanical voice: There is no exact date. All we know is the end of Feb/beginning of March. That is all.

Disclaimer: This post was, in no way, meant to abuse, ridicule, or slight anyone, users and mods alike. Thank you.

Hahahaha :D :D That post of yours was the only bright thing today. Thank you :* :D

I'd suggest getting the thread back on topic, not that it's much of a topic.

Portsmouth's situation in the patch will be whatever it was when SI had to code lock the DB.

If nobody has anything sensible to contribute in regard to the original subject then don't add spam please.

Regardless of what happens irl, I say delete them! Didn't realise how little I cared for Pompey until all this came along, but I find it incredulous that a team like Palace (who fought tooth and nail to stay out of administration) can be docked points and yet Pompey continue to escape the usual punishments despite such shortcomings as failing to pay their players on time 4 times this year. Smacks of FA-bias towards the Premiership, and I say that as a Villa fan.

Anyway, as others have said, I'm pretty sure that any such changes won't come in until FM11, seeing as the patch is already in it's advanced stage.

I agree about the board, but the stadium is a lovely old time football stadium, be really sad to see that go.

You're right about the stadium. It's innocent in this, it's just a building, but a nice old building as you say.

When it comes to their board, one finds themselves wishing for a return of the inquisition. The Spanish kind of course ;)

Archived