How do YOU bleed your youngsters?

Ive got some great youngsters coming through, with PA's ranging from 184-199. Ive got about 5 or 6 who i think could make it TOP drawer here at arsenal.

My team contains the likes of messi and silva etc, and im wondering how do YOU bleed your youngsters in?..ive sent them on loan the past season or two (im in 2013) and i want to start playing them for my own team, but how?

Is it as simple as bring 1 or 2 in against other opposition? or bring a full squad in for them?

And also, how do you feel you get the best out of your youngsters, i've read on here previously the most improvement is before his 24th birthday but some of mines are at 22 and are no-where near their potential, so i need to start now!

Help would be much appreciated!

Ive got some great youngsters coming through, with PA's ranging from 184-199. Ive got about 5 or 6 who i think could make it TOP drawer here at arsenal.

My team contains the likes of messi and silva etc, and im wondering how do YOU bleed your youngsters in?..ive sent them on loan the past season or two (im in 2013) and i want to start playing them for my own team, but how?

Is it as simple as bring 1 or 2 in against other opposition? or bring a full squad in for them?

And also, how do you feel you get the best out of your youngsters, i've read on here previously the most improvement is before his 24th birthday but some of mines are at 22 and are no-where near their potential, so i need to start now!

Help would be much appreciated!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Michael Foster:

stab them in the arm </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep; or similar.

I give a player their debut at 17/18, and if they get below a 7 I throw bricks at them.

Serious answer though; it depends.

I rotate the squad quite often as I don't usually give under-performing players much time, so I give youngsters a chance here; potentially as an incentive to improve.

Did this with Lansbury when Hleb was underperforming and Hleb never got back into the team again on a regular basis.

Sometimes I play teams almost entirely of youths in the League Cup, and if they do well they'll stay for the next round, or maybe play in the FA cup or on the bench in the league.

Sometimes I wait until the new season and then just bring them in if I feel their stats are sufficient.

It all depends really.

This season i basically threw them all into my first team squad. I was promoted the previous season you see and had deemed most of my old hands too rubbish to compete. Suffice to say it's not going as well as i'd hoped. Should i stave off relegation i may invest in a new approach.

I usually loan a promising youngster out to a lower division team to get some real match experience. When they've played around 40 games I'll introduce them into my first team.

I usually include them in pre-season friendlies to get them part of the group. Then i put them in the team based on merit. If someone isn't performing I'll give the youngster a chance. If he doesn't perform then I'll put the pro back in.

hang them upside down and slit their throats

if you think they are ready for first team football then start playing them.

if you feel you have better players that are allready playing in the team but want the new player to be ready when they need to step up to the plate then either send them on loan or give them a few games every now and then.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Michael Foster:

stab them in the arm </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Woulda gone with "Prod them with a stick" myself icon_biggrin.gif

Personally, I throw them straight in if I think they will be good. Depending on how they do that season I will then either Loan them out, sell them, or keep them in the team. icon_biggrin.gif

Bah! Train the hell out of them! Let them play every darn game, even with injuries! Never let them rest! If possible, refuse them to go on holidays! Givem only a week off after the end of the season. Make those little weenies bleed! icon_mad.gif

Quick slash to the femoral artery does the trick..

But as Leeds in 2013(?), I have some good youngsters bought through the ranks and some bought in (ze Germans are awesome regens!). I have kept requesting feeder clubs until I got one with good facilities.

I finally got Dunfermline (in SPL) who have good training and youth facilities. Sent a couple over there for first team action.

One is a good little player who I have as 1st team backup at the mo. First choice left winger out so he rotates onto the bench and has the occassional start. Always start him against lower teams in the cup and against some lower EPL teams.

I try to keep them at the club if I can as I have such good coaches.

Also any star youngsters are straight out the u18s and into the reserves when they can train full time.

As my team is doing so well I find it hard to put youngsters into my team unless it's a keeper or centreback.

I've started selling people for a normal price + 50% sell-on and the lowest buyback around.

For example, I sold a youngster to Liverpool for 25 million, my buyback was at 35 million. After 2 season's being a regular at Liverpool he was starting to really gather some attention, people were bidding 50 million for him so I bought him back, got my 50% sellon. Means I bought him back for 18.75 million. I made a profit on him AND got 2 season's first team football for him.

And if you lose out, atleast you get a nice 50% chunk. icon_wink.gif

A Serious Answer-

Throw em in the frying pan, pre season friendlies against good opposition every player gets his chance in a team of just youngsters if they play well over the course of these 10 games they keep their contract and are loaned out accordingly or used as walk on parts for my lesser games if they dont play up to the required standard then they become free list fodder!

SIMPLE AS!

i bought a player - Lulinha (PA 199 icon_biggrin.gif) - and when I got him at 18 I loaned him out to Sao Paolo for a year. Next year (aged 20) I gave him a start in all league cup games (except the final), and he scored a 30 yard curler to put me in the semi's icon_smile.gif.

this gave him confidence and 4 years later aged 24 he is twice Brazilian player of the year (ahead of robinho) and once World player of the year and midfielder of the year. His stats are similar to messi's, except he is better aerially.

i have a few more PA 199ers. If they don't make, as punishment I'll throw them to Everton (like i did with Arbeloa).

Archived