What's your freakiest FM mirrors real life moment?

The reason I ask is this :

REAL LIFE

Last Sunday. West Ham 1-0 up against Spurs when Carlton Cole inexplicably passes towards his own goal straight to a Tottenham players feet and they score. Moments later they score again and come from behind to win 2-1.

FM Tonight

West Ham 1-0 up against Spurs when Dean Ashton inexplicably passes towards his own goal straight to a Tottenham players feet and they score. Moments later they score again and come from behind to win 2-1.

Now ok the players in question are different but it was rather freaky experiencing that again as Hammer!! Know how Zola felt now!!!!

-------------------------

Any other weird experiences?

Mine was buying Fabricio Coloccini for my Newcastle side purely because I needed a central defender, he's awesome (on the game) and he had a £13M release clause.

Only for Newcastle to announce the signing of Fabricio Coloccini about 3/4 months after in real life.

This was when FM09 was first released, so no patches had been applied.

Im convinced the rangers managers are looking over my back!

I sign Kirk Broadfoot, they sign him.

I sign Marc Reynolds, they try to get him.

Been a few others aswell that we signed who I got on fm.

If only they listend to me at the time and got van de vaart and tomashuk, if thats the correct spelling.

When Sven Goran Eriksson bought all the amazing unknown players from FM07 for his real life Man City side (Corluka, Elano, Bojinov, Castillo)

"Unknown Brazil international Elano..." ;)

Craig Bellamy fell out with John Arne Riise.

Ancelotti was also appointed manager of Chelsea in my game a couple of months before it happened IRL. West Brom signed Joe Mattock on one of my games before it happened in real life. Arshavin's transfer to English football (Aston Villa though not Arsenal) happened on the last possible 15 minute slot of the 2009 January transfer window on my game too.

Not exactly freaky, but quite often when I'm playing FM whilst watching Soccer Saturday on Sky, one of the players who has just scored on my game will score in quick sucession in real life. It's very weird to hear Jeff Stelling read a player's name out when the very same name is on my laptop screen!

Paul McShane? :D

My Chelsea team a few versions back:

Hart

Corluka

Richards

Kompany

Bridge

SWP

De Jong

Kaka

Robben

Tevez

Robinho

All of whom have since played for Man City bar Robben and Kaka (he has been linked to them though).

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for bumping this up but I just had an awesome flashback...

vi-leker-med-bundesliga.jpg

That mirrors almost perfectly the epic 3-0 win Rosenborg took at Westfalenstadion almost 10 years ago.

In FM Toivonen scores an hat-trick, while IRL Sørensen scored "only" twice. But both players scored a fantastic DFK...

Once again, if just in a game, "vi leker med Bundesliga!" :)

now this aint exactly what happened in real life tho.....

well we all remember the champions league semi final secong leg.....at the bridge.....

and how ovrebo (the ref) wouldnt give chelsea a penalty to save his own mother's life......

well i played the champions league final a few days after that and he was the ref......i won 4-1

and he gave me 3 pk's.....

how weird is that.....

Signing Javier Mascherano, Fabio Aurelio and Gabriel Paletta for Liverpool in FM06. The latter two arrived in real life a few months later, with Mascherano arriving in January 07 (although I had FM07 by then, and funnily enough I signed him from West Ham in that game by then too!)

Back on LMA 2005 My friend was the manager of Bristol Rovers, who he supports and he signed about 4 players and all 4 players then came to rovers about a month after. He also signed Jermaine Beckford (Who had yet to be signed for Leeds and wasnt very well known) and he turned out to be the top league scorer about 5 times in a row.

Signing Samir Nasri for Arsenal for £8m on FM08 about 3 months before he did IRL

yeah same here mate!but i paid alot more than £8m for him! :(

good one on my 09 game, spurs rebuying all the old players they once had - keane, defoe, crouch. but also berbatov and carrick! (highly unlikely!!)

Archived