Top ten most annoying things about FM

Hey people,

I recently added am article on my blog about the 10 most annoyign things about Football Manager

I would very much appreciate it if you visited my blog which you can do by clicking HERE

If you can't be bothered clicking on the link then here is the article...

1) When you assign your assistant to organise friendlies and he does a rubbish job. So you end up playing one friendly away to Brechin and your team doesn’t get going until November.

2) At the overview screen when it reminds you that your striker (usually Carlton Cole) has not scored in 2560 minutes of football.

3) Starting a new game and having to organise your scouts.

4) Starting a new game and having to organise training.

5) The fact that SI have made it near on impossible to get 7 star coaching (I know it doesnt make too much of a difference but it looks sweet seeing them 7 stars)

6) When you offer 10 mil for a player and the club say they want 12mil. So you offer 12mil and then they want 14 mil. Then you begrudgingly offer 14 mil and they want 16 mil!!!

7) When a 17 year old asks for 20k a week and he is more Windass than Walcott.

8) Chairmen accepting bids on your behalf!

9) When you send a talented youngster to a rubbish feeder club and they don’t play him.

10) Offside goals. Hate them. I am usually mid-celebration when I realise that it has been disallowed

What do you think? Do you agree with any of them?

What would make your top ten?

oh lord :D

1) Sliders

2) Bugs that have been in the game since 05

3) Repetitive Press Conferences

4) The feeling of being detached from the virtual world. Split inboxes are horrible.

5) Goalkeeper animations in the 3d match engine. Or lack thereof.

6) Trying to sign central midfielders :D

7) El Hadj Diouf

8) Long range goals from Wes Brown, John Terry and Carragher and their ilk

9) Spending ages working on a tactic that seems to work, only to realise that it fails after two months and results in the dreaded 25 shots on goal but failing to score routine.

10) FM09 :D

Agree about no. 10. Absolutley hate them!

This is easy to see when it is valid and when not......Just watch side reff......if he is standing still after the goal and not running towards the centre line than its not a goal

Wakers - Loving your number 7 - I think he would come into every top ten most annoying list ever!

ww2 - I usually check the linesman but sometimes i get a bit too excited

Come check out some of my other top ten FM lists on my blog andlet me know what you think - CLICK HERE

I'd appreciate it lots

Thanks everyone!

Here are my top 8 couldn't think of 10 off top of head.

1. Those widget things sometimes don't stay in the place you put them. You spend time having to keep putting them back so they don't block your view of the game. Either sort this or could maybe make duo monitor support that way I could have all stats stuff and tactics stuff on other screen so I wouldn't need to use widgets at all.

2. No cancel button on substitutions. Nothing worse than making subs then you get an injury, red card etc just after u press confirm.

3. Press Conferences. Problems have been documented enough.

4. Sligthtly to many long shot goals.

5. When importing Training Schedules you can only import one at a time. Takes a while if you have 20 schedules e.g. one for every position and age group.

6. Set Piece set up variates on each individual tactic. Should maybe be seperate from the tactic itself as I would use same one whether im using defensive, normal or attack tactic.

7. Getting asked on incidents in a match e.g penalties, offside goals, red cards. How can I judge if they are right or wrong based on the 2d or 3d view.

8. Getting asked on whether youth players should be fined or appealed. I don't even watch the games surley this should be decided by the youth coach/manager.

1. Trial and error teamtalks

2. AI "magic" teamtalks

3. The tutoring system is too random and players frequently end up disliking the tutor

4. Too many wonder goal from 30 yards.

5. Xavi scores too many goals. He always gets at least 10 to 15 whereas IRL he gets at most 5 or 6.

The Smudge - Regarding your number 5

If u click on the top training schedule then hold shift and click in the bottom schedule then you can import them all at once!

Hope that helps :)

The Smudge - Regarding your number 5

If u click on the top training schedule then hold shift and click in the bottom schedule then you can import them all at once!

Hope that helps :)

A kl I tried holding ctrl and clicking them but that way doesn't work. The shift way would be easier. Thankyou.

Random results, Top of the table no losses in 25, 4-0 down at half time to a mid table team

Manchester United 0-2 Tottenham at half time earlier this season

Happens IRL. Maybe not to the extreme of 4-0 but does happen

I agree with all of them except the offside goals. In real life the players and fans celebrate a goal only to see it cruelly disallowed, so it is realistic to have it in the game. I'd also add the Spanish registration bug; youth players should not be stealing registrations from senior players. In reality youth players are allowed to play without being registered to the first team.

One thing that annoys me more than anything is definitely number 6 from the OP. You just cant win with the AI when it comes to transfers. They ask for 6 so you offer 5.8. Then it goes up to 7 so you offer 6.5 which they reject and which is more than their initial request and the cycle continues

Hate it!

Thanks Wakers - Thats what I was aiming to do with the post - These are not things that I would necessarily get rid of - They are just things I find anoying

Absolute Genius - I would never get rid of the offide goals - They should definatly stay in the game - I just find them frustrating

Arsenal.

I HATE ARSENAL. Hate hate hatety hate them!

I read somewhere once that the game engine makes Wenger's coaching stats higher than they can actually go, so his team talks are mega-powerful. This certainly seems the case for me. I can turn over every other big team (or at least grind out a scrappy draw away from home), but every time I have gone up against the Arse I've been 2 or 3 goals down within the first half hour!

1 - The same players signing for the same teams EVERY time you start a new game

2 - drawing a team in the cup and then noticing that you are playing them again in the match after the cup (happens once a season in every game iv ever played in the FM series)

Can anybody tell me if No.2 is a known bug?

i don't have a top 10 but a few things annoy me

1.physio walks off the pitch like a snale

2.goalkeeper taking free kicks midway in his own half,only to pass direct to the opposition leading to a 50 yard goal

3.again the goalkeeper taking a freekick,he walks to the spot then realises he's forgot the ball and has to walk back to get it

1. The tedious tactical interface.

2. That you cant get the game to automatically assign players to a training schedule by filter.

3. Far too many green cross injuries that force you to make subs.

4. Players still being unaware of the score- eg last minute and passing back to the gk rather than crossing.

5. Unrealistic transfer negotiations- funny how SI proclaim that its Football Manager not Chairman or Chief Exec but have the manager negotiating fees.

6. Press conferences- seriously shows SIs lack of judgement in putting in such a tedious addition.

7. Players becoming ridiculously unhappy when you reject bids or even negotiate- particular if they have just signed a new contract.

8. The 3D- its ruined the 2D.

9. It being far too easy to park the bus.

10. Everything being more important than player ability.

8. The 3D- its ruined the 2D.

9. It being far too easy to park the bus.

totally agree with these two especially 8. i cudnt care less for the 3D but now i cant even enjoy 2d because the view is bloody squashed up and watching in tv mode just isnt the same. seems a bit much to place widgets on my screen only to then have to move them around to see whats going on. also having to exit the full screen just to make a sub or check what my assistants feedback is. i feel they shud just revert back to 2D in 2010 and get rid of that stupid rewind bar or whatever it is. why do SI always ruin something that was working so well?

1. injuries-after 1.3 patch, very badly done, specialy in game injuries..way to many of them. this guys are not made of porcelain.

2. press conferences - stupit questions and stupid answers

3. goals in the last min with this beeing the only shot on the goal from the oposite team

4. red cards in the first minutes (of match or sub)

5. daily prasing of other managers when one of your players is beeing targeted for a transfer

6. players refuse to learn a pm or to beiing tutored by an experineced player. (like one guy here said - i wasnt f***** asking!!)

7. the comentary after the match "i feal they should have won by a bigger margin" and you`ve won by 2 or 3 goals

8. reputation plays to much role, you can have same players and same tactic and very different resaults with barca or valencia.

8. reputation plays to much role, you can have same players and same tactic and very different resaults with barca or valencia.

That isn't reputation, that's them having better players, and you not adjusting your motivational strategy depending on the odds.

It's quite a comprehensive list for 09. Lack of arrows. Counter-initiative tactics. Inconsistency. Poor additions to the skin and UI (time bar is too big, adverts). Zoomed out 2D. Match engine that has regressed. It's easier to sell, harder to buy.

That's a start. It would be longer if was still playing 09.

That isn't reputation, that's them having better players, and you not adjusting your motivational strategy depending on the odds.

It's quite a comprehensive list for 09. Lack of arrows. Counter-initiative tactics. Inconsistency. Poor additions to the skin and UI (time bar is too big, adverts). Zoomed out 2D. Match engine that has regressed. It's easier to sell, harder to buy.

You really didn't read his post.

totally agree. heres hoping fm10 will see a better slice of our free time. 08 ***** on 09

i have to say i never bought FM09, all the registraion problems, the fact that my gaming PC doesnt have internet connection and the whole 'graphic error' problem on start up, the first time iv never bought an CM/FM game since CM2

I wish I had your ignorance on the matter :(

not many people seem to be happy at all with minor things, my problems are the things left out of the game that will hopefully be added, like maps, abilty to be a U18 or U21 manager to build your rep, not bothered by 3d and the like, injuries are a pain tho

when fans and the media moan about your team only winning 1-0 or 2-0 against lower division sides when you've clearly played your 3rd team/youth team. I'm not going to risk my top goalscorer in 3rd round of the FA cup against Cambridge Utd!

when fans and the media moan about your team only winning 1-0 or 2-0 against lower division sides when you've clearly played your 3rd team/youth team. I'm not going to risk my top goalscorer in 3rd round of the FA cup against Cambridge Utd!

Agree with this. Also if you play them in a league game after having wrapped up the league, the board views it as a negative even though we managed to only lose 4-3 due to a last minute goal after when the oppo is better quality than your youth/reserve due to playing full strength.

1. Those widget things sometimes don't stay in the place you put them. You spend time having to keep putting them back so they don't block your view of the game. Either sort this or could maybe make duo monitor support that way I could have all stats stuff and tactics stuff on other screen so I wouldn't need to use widgets at all.

I've cracked that. I've downloaded and installed so much graphics I can't remember what's what, but I changed the skin and have transparent widgets. Also I keep the minimised. I therefore have 6 unobtrusively tucked away in the top right corner and just click on the minimise button whenever I want to check one. They default to staying there for every match unless I click 'x'.

Otherwise, the OP's #6 irritates me, but I don't have particular issues with the rest. Maybe I'm just easily pleased, or remember my pre-computer childhood, creating football management games out of paper, pencil and dice.

1. People always complain about football manger instead of just getting on with it....it's only thirty quid, or 22 quid second hand

2. the fact that i never win anything on this game

3. I always suffer from second season syndrome

4. I don't spend enough time with my wife

5. I'm getting fatter trying to win things

6. Press conferences

7. my eyes hurt

8. The 3d match engine is really poor

9. The problems with fans thinking your **** even though you've taken the team from debt to mid table with money in the bank and the Chairman selling your best players

10. The fact that after complaining so much about this game i still purchase it every year and moan about that version!

Hey people,

I recently added am article on my blog about the 10 most annoyign things about Football Manager

I would very much appreciate it if you visited my blog which you can do by clicking HERE

If you can't be bothered clicking on the link then here is the article...

1) When you assign your assistant to organise friendlies and he does a rubbish job. So you end up playing one friendly away to Brechin and your team doesn’t get going until November.

2) At the overview screen when it reminds you that your striker (usually Carlton Cole) has not scored in 2560 minutes of football.

3) Starting a new game and having to organise your scouts.

4) Starting a new game and having to organise training.

5) The fact that SI have made it near on impossible to get 7 star coaching (I know it doesnt make too much of a difference but it looks sweet seeing them 7 stars)

6) When you offer 10 mil for a player and the club say they want 12mil. So you offer 12mil and then they want 14 mil. Then you begrudgingly offer 14 mil and they want 16 mil!!!

7) When a 17 year old asks for 20k a week and he is more Windass than Walcott.

8) Chairmen accepting bids on your behalf!

9) When you send a talented youngster to a rubbish feeder club and they don’t play him.

10) Offside goals. Hate them. I am usually mid-celebration when I realise that it has been disallowed

What do you think? Do you agree with any of them?

What would make your top ten?

#10. Has been there forever and will always be there - and I think its one of the things that make the game great.

1. Bugs that are quite simply there through lack of effort or attention to detail (ie. incorrect strings of text)

2. Co-ownership AI

3.All Time best 11 fault

4.Boring Media

5.NT management still bland (how about training camps?)

6.Match engine

7.Needed 4th Patch

Despite all this - I still play it heaps. :D

1) Repetative Press Conferences

2) Split inboxes - really really really annoying missing job opportunities because you dont know someone has been fired because its in the other ****ing inbox!

3) Wayne Rooney who seems to be able to score from anywhere on the pitch

4) feeder clubs never playing the players you send to them, even if they are really good!

5) your goalkeeper passing straight to the opposition striker who scores.

6) Repetative Press Conferences

7) Repetative media in general

8) Clubs repeatedly bidding for your players then the deal falls through due to 'too many foreigners in their team'

9) The board blocking your sacking of a crap member of staff

10) The board/fans being ****ed off that you lost to your rivals 3 months ago despite since winning the league!

I must say i love this game and it was hard to come up with 10 things!

Archived