FM 2006 not working on windows 10 has anyone figured out how to fix this problem?

FM 2006 not working on windows 10 has anyone figured out how to fix this problem?

ive seen other threads on this from many years ago but with no fix?

ive searched everywhere on so many sites ive tried compatibility modes but all i keep getting at most is the game trying to work but then nothing.

i would appreciate any help possible on this matter as i love abit of nostalgic game play from time to time.

much appreciated for any of your advice and efforts in advance thank you.

First guess is that the game is just simply too old.  Have to hang fire til after the weekend when (hopefully) someone from SI would be able to confirm for sure..  06 is stretching it a bit though, considering developments in tech between then n now.. 

There is considerable evidence to suggest that the way that W10 now handles DRM issues, will make older games difficult and sometimes impossible to run on a new OS.  There is no magic formula although some users have managed it using trial and error but I suspect that it has proved impossible for most.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 06/04/2020 at 03:04, DementedHammer said:

I still play FM2006 on Windows 10. But, I don't think I can post how I got it running without breaking the rules of the forum. 

Is it possible that you still have this info? Bought today and tried everything this would be a big help!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 07/08/2020 at 09:51, DementedHammer said:

Hey guys, I'll send you all a PM when I get a spare minute. I'm currently in hospital with a newborn baby, so it's a bit hard to share the details right now. 

Hi, can you please let me know how you have got FM06 working? If you can pm me please? I have installed the game but it won't launch 

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/04/2020 at 03:04, DementedHammer said:

I still play FM2006 on Windows 10. But, I don't think I can post how I got it running without breaking the rules of the forum. 

Hi chaps I’m too am struggling I managed to install the game with no issues but can’t get the game to start can someone please help me I’m desperate to play it !

11 hours ago, Carambau said:

What is it with FM2006 suddenly being the hot **** again? Maybe I should try this too again... please OP include me in the PMs as well :) 

Fm2005 - 2008 were a total different era. With FM2008 being the best of it, before FM2009 was introduced with 3D, etc. Its also some form of nostalgia. Kuyt, Vlaar, Robben, Bergkamp, Stam, Kluivert, etc etc etc all were still playing. Not to mention players, like Mika Aaritalo, Freddy Adu, Eddie Johson, etc. 

Edited by RinusFM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 05/04/2020 at 14:45, meparms said:

ive seen other threads on this from many years ago but with no fix?

ive searched everywhere on so many sites ive tried compatibility modes but all i keep getting at most is the game trying to work but then nothing.

i would appreciate any help possible on this matter as i love abit of nostalgic game play from time to time.

much appreciated for any of your advice and efforts in advance thank you.

You could probably run a virtual machine running an older OS more compatible with the game, I doubt W10 still supports a game from 06 haha

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

@RealSmokePL

Thanks for your helpful post but unfortunately we cant allow methods of circumventing the DRM process to be shown on the forums, for obvious reasons.  Due to the age of the game, there are no issues with you contacting other users via PM should you choose to do so to help them

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

Sorry I'm late to the party, but could anyone help me please? I bought the game and have the CD and tried to use some of the methods previously mentioned with no luck.

It's driving me crazy but feel im getting close.

If anyone could drop me a DM that would be great!

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...
On 20/05/2021 at 10:00, FrazT said:

@RealSmokePL

Thanks for your helpful post but unfortunately we cant allow methods of circumventing the DRM process to be shown on the forums, for obvious reasons.  Due to the age of the game, there are no issues with you contacting other users via PM should you choose to do so to help them

The why don't SI release a small update to enable to game people bought to still work? It'll never happen but it wouldn't even take much time.

When it comes to updating old games, I believe on that front SI are unable to do so due to the licensing conditions of each version of FM. On Steam for example, you can still play all the old FM games you've purchased. However, if you want to try and buy any of the FM games today it is only possible to purchase FM2021 (not including resellers who have keys from when they were still purchasable).

8 minutes ago, Powermonger said:

I hope it was CM 01/02 :D

Lol CM 01/02 gets a runabout on days when I just wanna totally chill and play a full season in 12 minutes :D

FM 06-08 combined the simpler fun of old Champ with more complexity of FM perfectly. FM 08 is my personal fave in the whole series!

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, tiotom92 said:

There is a YouTube video that explains how to run all of the old FMs legally and with minimal effort. It worked for me for FM2007.

It is appreciated that you are trying to help, but unfortunately we cannot allow direct links to videos like this.  If users want to, they can send you a PM and have this done by PM.  Thanks

• 3 months later...
On 25/09/2021 at 21:13, Octopus88 said:

I'm also a big fan of FM06 and cannot run it. Could you send me a PM with the fix. I would be very grateful.

Hi everyone, sorry late to the game. Any chance someone can PM me with the fix, thanks so much 

• 3 weeks later...
W dniu 29/09/2021 o 22:27, tiotom92 powiedział:

Istnieje film na YouTube, który wyjaśnia, jak uruchomić wszystkie stare FM legalnie i przy minimalnym wysiłku. To zadziałało dla mnie dla FM2007.

Witam. Czy mógłbyś wysłać mi pm, gdzie mogę znaleźć ten film? Z góry dzięki

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Am 6.4.2020 um 04:04 schrieb DementedHammer:

Hi,  Please can you send me a private message stating how you managed to get fm2006 working on 2010. Would be very grateful. Much appreciated. Thankyou.

Am 11.9.2021 um 01:16 schrieb sthptngomad76:

I have pm'd you

Hi,  Please can you send me a private message stating how you managed to get fm2006 working on 2010. Would be very grateful. Much appreciated. Thankyou.