Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

26 minutes ago, jonnysnipe said:

Hmmmm good point may look at switching wingers round as well to keep them on their toes.

Lets see what next season brings.

By the way Almada had a decent season from AMR

Football Manager 2020 24_04_2020 12_38_15.png

have sent pm

• Replies 37.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Josifovski said:

Hi Knap,

I don’t understand what you mean with “back at score”. Is it if you are loosing 0-1 and just have tied the game? 

What about when it’s a draw, 0-0? What shout do you use? How often do you use shouts? Is it whenever possible?

Shouts during 1st half:

- Demand More // Draw // Minute: 25' - 30' (once)
- Show Some Passion // Lossing (once)
- Praise // Win by 2 or more goals (once)

Shouts during 2nd half:

Same as above

Could be on for a record here. Last three matches have been double figure scorelines. I know their teams aren't the best.

I'm using the 5.4.1 FireAndWater 4321 as my base. I'm still trying to find good tweaks for consistent away performances.

Currently playing with match to match small tweaks like cross type, work into box, switching player positions. As a few posts have eluded to it may be hard to switch entire formations between home/away due to cohesion.

Also OIs, playing with these, too. I'm Man Utd and England so I'll be quitting both and taking jobs at smaller clubs to really understand what does and doesn't work. 

As a pointer this tactic in another save has got Sheff Utd to 2nd place first and second season. 2nd season was by goal difference to Liverpool (91pts). Lys Mousset was deadly.

image.thumb.png.176a6b0635da23070a0e86b988c32ecf.png

Having finished season with Wolves in 3rd place in Prem using 4312Fire with floated crosses and Fire and water 4321 . 

I want a new tactic to push us on for next season? 

Should i stick with this tactic or is there something else i can use . 

I would love 3 striker tactic but not sure of it woukd do the trick for 2nd season? 

Anyone ? 

Just finished my 4th season with Sunderland, Won League 1 first season, got promoted via play-offs second season, finished 6th in both my premier league seasons. In both the premier league seasons i havent been able to settle with a tactic, been changing things around when hitting sticky patches. Ive just finished the season so im looking to rebuild for next with a tactic that could hopefully break into the top 4, ideally with 4 at the back. Any suggestions, i will give the whole season to the one tactics given i dont get sacked.

@knap

Hi mate, i've gone back to FM19 because I had a fun save on there and couldn't find one i wanted to do on FM20.

I'm using "PILGRIMAGE 4141 P106 ALLCUPS NO LOSS (Newcastle PL and FA Cup Win)"

The actual tactic seems good but I haven't been able to get any of my strikers to score consistently/much at all with the formation. Can you give me any tips on this?

41 minutes ago, Scruffer23 said:

@RDF Tactics what sort of strikers work with float crosses ?? 

physical with decent height. i noticed bravery and teamwork is a bonus

23 minutes ago, adlyd90 said:

@RDF Tactics

you think tactics would work better with IWB?

i think it depends on the set up. if you have many midfielders then no. it works good when your team is expected to be low in numbers in midfield

3 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

i think it depends on the set up. if you have many midfielders then no. it works good when your team is expected to be low in numbers in midfield

I mean fire and water tactics ... In fact, there is one midfielder and IWB in the middle of the field to support him.

Hey @RDF Tactics

I am strarting to use your training principles and schedules.  I keep getting feedback that I should finish players individual training as it is no longer a weakness (attriubutes beg to differ!) or because they are unhappy with it.  Do you get this?  I am feeling like just ignoring it as they are only a month into it.

I'm really struggling chaps.

Potentially facing the first relegation of my FM career.

I've started a Boro career with the aim of being full HGC.

Promoted first year... second season has been a struggle, admittedly my team isn't top drawer.

image.thumb.png.2ab108fbd296b4811d64d39f53357cc6.png

image.thumb.png.2a3ca9adb7a1288f018f56e096e71be4.png

Please help save my season!

6 minutes ago, Zygoto said:

Hi Knap,

Do you have an idea to contest AEGIS tactic from Guru ?

Have you notice something in left back on AEGIS tactic?

Knap has been added a fault PI on him "sit narrower".

Well, "sit narrower" exist in AEGIS tactic.

On 23/04/2020 at 14:43, pukpuk64 said:

Hi @knap and @RDF Tactics

I would like to have your opinion. I'm doing a long game with a friend, he's using a sort of Beowulf 424 but results are insane. 
Just to know, our teams are good (average are around 150-170), lot of regens. We only play match, no IR. Don't worry about team name we changed, nothing else is changed. 
It's in French but players role are not the same as your tactic. Central Defenders are not in Defense but Cover, Wingers are support. Total of opportunities are between 4 and 8 per match, which is insane. A lot of goals come from throw ins/free kicks/corners (30%) and from long ball behind defenders and face to face (40%). 

I put the last year standing, when he changes his formation, he only makes one draw (3 defeats and 7 draws before). Only 1 defeat in one year, all cups win. This year, 1 draw in 13 match in this capture but the game is now in April and it's 24 wins and 3 draws for him, +57 goals. Around 190 opportunitys for the team, against 130 for me (RDF 4312), 100 for Real Madrid...
With English national team, it's a carnage. He won Euro and World Cup with huge results.

By my side, I play with RDF 4312, I'm currently 3rd with a lot of "steal games" (more possession, more shots, more opportunities). Face to face games is around 80% for him, and never win away against this 442. 

If this 424 is played with IR, it is totally not the same (65% victory, 20% draw, 15% defeat). 

Don't hesitate to tell me why this 424 is working so well when we play with, which tactic could be better and what to do when you play against ! If you could :-)

Regards

Capture d’écran 2020-04-23 à 09.10.32.png

Capture d’écran 2020-04-23 à 09.12.42.png

Capture d’écran 2020-04-23 à 09.13.00.png

Capture d’écran 2020-04-23 à 09.14.42.png

Capture d’écran 2020-04-23 à 09.14.59.png

Capture d’écran 2020-04-23 à 09.15.20.png

Capture d’écran 2020-04-23 à 09.15.47.png

Chonga 424 31 mars.fmf 47.4 kB · 106 downloads

Anyone else used this tactic? If so, how have you fared so far please? 

1 hour ago, adlyd90 said:

I mean fire and water tactics ... In fact, there is one midfielder and IWB in the middle of the field to support him.

yeah but you also have two AMs so in some scenarios, you can have 5 players in the middle

1 hour ago, Sith Lord said:

Hey @RDF Tactics

I am strarting to use your training principles and schedules.  I keep getting feedback that I should finish players individual training as it is no longer a weakness (attriubutes beg to differ!) or because they are unhappy with it.  Do you get this?  I am feeling like just ignoring it as they are only a month into it.

yeah i get that message but i ignore it...remember, that is only advice from your assistant. he gives advice on many things, but we just ignore them haha we're the better judges at certain things, you can see the players attribute so its up to you when you feel its no longer a weakness

1 hour ago, solounamigo said:

@RDF Tactics

what happend to your Spurs save mate?

I saw that you tweaked one AM to another Striker.

You think it's more effective than the original formation? 

haha i still have the save but stop posting, i have to remember there is other people in this thread and it isn't mine lol need to stop spamming. But for me it became more effective simply because the AI was used to me playing with 1 ST...Knap has a fire and water with 2 STs

2 minutes ago, adlyd90 said:

But these AMs are offensive and do not support the midfielder but the striker in my opinion

they very much support the midfielder. Which is why i think "comes deep for ball" is a GOOD trait for one of your AMs. But when your opponent has the ball, your AMs do try and come back to support midfielder to win the ball back

20200424213920_1.thumb.jpg.7c120334789a373da95401651e5f3aab.jpg

this guy is the perfect example...come deep for ball has been very good for him. he can create alongside your playmaker, so the responsibility of creating from midfield isn't just on your DLP. His AVG is 7.39 in the league but the "come deep for ball" is supposed to be a bad trait for this

7 minutes ago, kevinSw6 said:

Anyone else used this tactic? If so, how have you fared so far please? 

Did some tests on my "every new season, try a new team and a new tactic" journey at FC Porto in 2022-2023 season. didn't make big transfers. Plug and Play mode. Even if the Portugal League is not a good test environment, results are a bit funny.

PS: I cut the results when I tried something different at the start of season + during 2022 world cup friendlies.

image.thumb.png.22b9442f1339fed55a364fed398c1bca.png

The things I noticed:

- Nice attacking tactic but have problems in defence.

- Left striker scoring too much even if his stats are ****, being good option to sell him on decent amount of $.

Testing on a top league could be better to get the exact results.

52 minutes ago, FalseNine said:

Did some tests on my "every new season, try a new team and a new tactic" journey at FC Porto in 2022-2023 season. didn't make big transfers. Plug and Play mode. Even if the Portugal League is not a good test environment, results are a bit funny.

PS: I cut the results when I tried something different at the start of season + during 2022 world cup friendlies.

image.thumb.png.22b9442f1339fed55a364fed398c1bca.png

The things I noticed:

- Nice attacking tactic but have problems in defence.

- Left striker scoring too much even if his stats are ****, being good option to sell him on decent amount of $.

Testing on a top league could be better to get the exact results. 

Cheers mate..

I know you probably get bored with these types of questions but is there a certain underdog tactic I could use in Europe to stop me getting smashed. I completely dominate the league with a fire and water 4321 but as i'm a Danish team I struggle in Europe due to teams like City, Liverpool etc having much higher quality teams atm and I'm looking for a tactic that can maybe help get a few decent results in the Champions League