Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A distributed testing system would be interesting. Set up a save to download, people assigned a tactic/team, download save, run a few holiday seasons. Add results to a spreadsheet. Of course, some kind of screening to ensure unscrupulous users post fake results!

For knap or anyone who might be able to assist. I found today that when I go to knap's Tactics Links & Tactics Rankings that I can no longer get access to the pages where the tactics download links are. Am I doing something wrong or has something changed? Muchly thankings.

Also I've just landed the job at Wolves After being sacked at Everton, Aston Villa and Newcastle United. Suggestions for appropriate tactics for these teams please, I'm assuming that they are all sub top teams.

Edited by oescus

@knap on beowulf 442 P105 , should we set any corner or set piece taker or it is better if we leave it at default? thanks mate! 

beowulf 442 P105 , 1st year on First Portuguese League after 2 straight promotions doing the Homegrown Challenge! All mmy squad players are of the Club Nationality since the beggining of the game! Best 442 Ever! 

RDF Trainings , General Training to a Model Citizen Coach who has same preferred formation and style of the tatic (442-tiki taka)

sss1.JPG

sss2.JPG

Edited by Jonas91

8 minutes ago, pinardier8282 said:

20042209003693942.png

200422090036256139.png

200422090039234028.png

Bordeaux Season 2 

Big games away, I used the 4411 and the others games the 4321 fire and water 101ECC like RDF used with Everton with floated crosses

12 minutes ago, danjpalmer1984 said:

Not a bad win in the Euro 2020 final :lol:

Using FireandWater 4-3-2-1, linked above by @RDF Tactics

image.thumb.png.2afda0f8babe5d01684d0ed527ad297e.pngU

told you everyone...Fire and Water 4321 = The Best haha

9 minutes ago, knap said:

@Jonas91

The takers are set up for corners and throws

Yes i saw that on the corner sreen the dr and dl are set to take them , but if i leave at default the takers  , they wont take it at all even though they are set to take it on the corner routine, normally its always one of the center midfilders! its working good anyways! :D

Edited by Jonas91

Tested all of the tactics that have had the most recommendations over the last few weeks. Done a variety of different tests, from playing the same game over and over with each tactic, to playing a full season. All tests with Derby County who have a fairly flexible squad when it comes to fitting a formation, and I watched every game on extended highlights. Two tactics stood out no matter how I tested. Those two were the 4321 Fire and Water as has been said, and the other is the Venom 109 one. I found that the venom which is a 4-4-2 was overall better in terms of goals scored and chances created, Fire and Water was more consistent, but was not as potent offensively because of the 1 striker, whereas the 4-4-2 had a lot more interplay between the two up front which unlocked teams more often. For example in one of the tests I played around 15 games into the season, and I think chances created at the point I tested to was 92-70 in favour of Venom, with a similar ratio when it came to goals scores, although that was closer. In that particular test there was only 2 points difference in favour of Venom, but Fire and Water only had 1 defeat, where Venom had 3, but less draws. Venom did have a 9-0 win away at Middlesbrough which padded those stats, but also a 5-1 loss to Brentford. It felt more fun to watch, but the fire and water felt more reliable in as you knew what you were going to get.

I also tested this floated crosses theory, while watching the match highlights. The clear difference is that floated crosses are mostly played into the strikers head, where low ones are mostly to the feet. That is the only difference. If your striker is rubbish in the air, I would avoid floated crosses, otherwise they are more effective if you have a more physical striker, as headers in this ME seem to hit the target more often than shots do.

Just thought I would share my findings.

Oh and the one game test which I played 7 times with each tactic was Leeds away. Venom had 4 wins 1 draw 2 losses Where Fire and Water had  only 2 wins but 5 draws and 0 defeats.

Edited by Gazza’s Pint

il y a 48 minutes, Jonas91 a dit :

Yes i saw that on the corner sreen the dr and dl are set to take them , but if i leave at default the takers  , they wont take it at all even though they are set to take it on the corner routine, normally its always one of the center midfilders! its working good anyways! :D

Sorry but I Don't understand, who takes the corners and the throw-ins ?

2 minutes ago, pinardier8282 said:

Sorry but I Don't understand, who takes the corners and the throw-ins ?

corner takers and throw in takers are already set in the routines! my thing with corners is although they are set they dont take them at all !  unless i manually set them ofc

Edited by Jonas91

Hello guys. the training advice in OP now comes with schedules!!!!

just to note to people, these schedules ARE created around multiple of Knaps tactics (Fire and Water 4321 and KASHMIR specifically) and around the training advice. So far, i have not tested this with any other tactics but Knaps

20200422205359_1.thumb.jpg.53d178e786a2b8956f67300771b8824e.jpg20200422205247_1.thumb.jpg.ce51695dd456f2193941eceb733600d2.jpg

20200422214454_1.thumb.jpg.af6991afa1b413dd3350973bb55ecdd4.jpg

4 minutes ago, knap said:

@Jonas91Not sure why the game changes taker. Sometimes it works well with another taker and sometimes it allows easy counters.

Yeah! rarely i even got 0 ppl at the back when doing a corner kick, but this is very rarely and usually when i get a red card or something! the best is to go to the corner routine , see who is taking it and set the correct position in the corner takers! :) 

24 minutes ago, knap said:

@RDF Tactics

Have you tried training with part timers in VNS/N?

Im starting a save with blyth spartans , using the training guide from @RDF Tactics , implementing what i could (i got all coaches apart from the ass man with the recommended personalities ) since they are part-times! i'm predicted last, 1st game of seaon away against Kyng's Lynn predicted 1st won 6-0 ! My Ass Man is a Press Manager only ( Best i tested so far in game so he says good stuff and ups the Morale, or at least dont decrease it Is Media handling style - Media Friendly ) !

Using Knap Shouts , and my own teamtalks!

Tactic Beowulf 442 P105

its only one game but it seems very promising at least! lets see how the rest of the season goes! :)

PS: It is also a Homegrown CHallenge ! ( recently i have been a fan of this kind of challenge! xD ) 

sss1.JPG

Edited by Jonas91

14 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

that'll be interesting...will try that tomorrow! 

I've been using it for about 6 months in the non league with my part time side. We are down in the 9th tier though so players are pretty crap.
The additional focus areas have mainly seen improvements although quite a few of the others have dipped a bit.
But we have average coaches and just 1/2 a star in facilities so wasn't expecting much. General training is only twice a week, less if we play twice in the week.

This guy is my star player, far too good for this level, and he's been at the club for just over 5 months.

20200422233552_1.thumb.jpg.44be74100b9d82a1caa4f62a1f5f5c40.jpg

20200422233134_1.thumb.jpg.b01ef7d19b5eb8c7c9da71a10a54c7b3.jpg20200422233336_1.thumb.jpg.bfe0d17157652919f48678662eaf795b.jpg20200422234142_1.thumb.jpg.9f2181a1a589c453d1e006bad59adf3f.jpg

He's dipped in a few areas but improved in others. Obviously the fact he's playing games has helped, even at this level, but he needs better physicals to compete with some of the thugs down here😁

I think that a whole point rise in Jumping and close to that in agility/balance now I've switched the focus there shows that this kind of training can work even for part time clubs.
It's more difficult down here, being part time with crappy facilities but you can still get training results, just need to be a bit more careful that other attributes aren't neglected.

4 hours ago, Gazza’s Pint said:

Tested all of the tactics that have had the most recommendations over the last few weeks. Done a variety of different tests, from playing the same game over and over with each tactic, to playing a full season. All tests with Derby County who have a fairly flexible squad when it comes to fitting a formation, and I watched every game on extended highlights. Two tactics stood out no matter how I tested. Those two were the 4321 Fire and Water as has been said, and the other is the Venom 109 one. I found that the venom which is a 4-4-2 was overall better in terms of goals scored and chances created, Fire and Water was more consistent, but was not as potent offensively because of the 1 striker, whereas the 4-4-2 had a lot more interplay between the two up front which unlocked teams more often. For example in one of the tests I played around 15 games into the season, and I think chances created at the point I tested to was 92-70 in favour of Venom, with a similar ratio when it came to goals scores, although that was closer. In that particular test there was only 2 points difference in favour of Venom, but Fire and Water only had 1 defeat, where Venom had 3, but less draws. Venom did have a 9-0 win away at Middlesbrough which padded those stats, but also a 5-1 loss to Brentford. It felt more fun to watch, but the fire and water felt more reliable in as you knew what you were going to get.

I also tested this floated crosses theory, while watching the match highlights. The clear difference is that floated crosses are mostly played into the strikers head, where low ones are mostly to the feet. That is the only difference. If your striker is rubbish in the air, I would avoid floated crosses, otherwise they are more effective if you have a more physical striker, as headers in this ME seem to hit the target more often than shots do.

Just thought I would share my findings.

Oh and the one game test which I played 7 times with each tactic was Leeds away. Venom had 4 wins 1 draw 2 losses Where Fire and Water had  only 2 wins but 5 draws and 0 defeats.

Might take a look at this next season trying to get highest goal tally and you are right in saying this creates a lot

Also season over - season 2 so still working on a better squad nearly at 150 

Football Manager 2020 23_04_2020 00_40_39.png

Football Manager 2020 23_04_2020 01_12_46.png

Edited by jonnysnipe

7 hours ago, Jonas91 said:

Im starting a save with blyth spartans , using the training guide from @RDF Tactics , implementing what i could (i got all coaches apart from the ass man with the recommended personalities ) since they are part-times! i'm predicted last, 1st game of seaon away against Kyng's Lynn predicted 1st won 6-0 ! My Ass Man is a Press Manager only ( Best i tested so far in game so he says good stuff and ups the Morale, or at least dont decrease it Is Media handling style - Media Friendly ) !

Using Knap Shouts , and my own teamtalks!

Tactic Beowulf 442 P105

its only one game but it seems very promising at least! lets see how the rest of the season goes! :)

PS: It is also a Homegrown CHallenge ! ( recently i have been a fan of this kind of challenge! xD ) 

sss1.JPG

Congrats, which Beowulf is it ? id1442 ?

7 hours ago, Earnie is God! said:

I've been using it for about 6 months in the non league with my part time side. We are down in the 9th tier though so players are pretty crap.
The additional focus areas have mainly seen improvements although quite a few of the others have dipped a bit.
But we have average coaches and just 1/2 a star in facilities so wasn't expecting much. General training is only twice a week, less if we play twice in the week.

This guy is my star player, far too good for this level, and he's been at the club for just over 5 months.

20200422233552_1.thumb.jpg.44be74100b9d82a1caa4f62a1f5f5c40.jpg

20200422233134_1.thumb.jpg.b01ef7d19b5eb8c7c9da71a10a54c7b3.jpg20200422233336_1.thumb.jpg.bfe0d17157652919f48678662eaf795b.jpg20200422234142_1.thumb.jpg.9f2181a1a589c453d1e006bad59adf3f.jpg

He's dipped in a few areas but improved in others. Obviously the fact he's playing games has helped, even at this level, but he needs better physicals to compete with some of the thugs down here😁

I think that a whole point rise in Jumping and close to that in agility/balance now I've switched the focus there shows that this kind of training can work even for part time clubs.
It's more difficult down here, being part time with crappy facilities but you can still get training results, just need to be a bit more careful that other attributes aren't neglected.

thank you for that information!!! maybe we can work on something that makes it a little more effective for those non leagues and part time clubs

Edited by RDF Tactics

6 hours ago, jonnysnipe said:

Question on developing youth with your training.

If they arent getting regular in the main team should I make them available for reserves/u18? Also how do I do that? ha 

yes, definitely! and should be able to navigate it when you right click on a player