[FM19] E19 - England to Level 19

4 hours ago, Dan BHTFC said:

And British Airways FC become the first created club in the database!

Sponsored by BA? Haha They could become a non league force offering free flights :lol:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, namikoi said:

Hey Dan, with the level 11-12 file, will you edit the fa cup, fa vase, fa thropy, isthmian and counties cups  ? 

There will be no County Cups only League Cups

Edited by Dan BHTFC

On 02/11/2018 at 01:39, Dan BHTFC said:

Just a quick update, I've done down to Level 8 so far tonight and recreated the FA Trophy, tomorrow will be time to start Level 9, I will also add the leagues which will be in the database in the second post of this thread at some point too.

Hi Dan, as a Worksop Town fan and a non league follower I love the lower league database you provide. But is it possible to add more players to the game? I mean there must be a limit so the database isn’t slow, but sometimes it is frustrating when I know of players who have been around the non league circuit for years or have played for my club aren’t on the game. I do a yearly Worksop save and sometimes I’m missing half of my players due to them not being on the database. Could I assist you and add players?

6 minutes ago, Radders1999 said:

Hi Dan, as a Worksop Town fan and a non league follower I love the lower league database you provide. But is it possible to add more players to the game? I mean there must be a limit so the database isn’t slow, but sometimes it is frustrating when I know of players who have been around the non league circuit for years or have played for my club aren’t on the game. I do a yearly Worksop save and sometimes I’m missing half of my players due to them not being on the database. Could I assist you and add players?

Adding players to the lower leagues is too impossible to do due to the high turnover of players.

I am a fan and strongly connected to Gosport Borough FC in the Southern League South but I struggle to keep up with the players coming and going there.  How would Dan be able to do the same on multiple fronts??

If you want to add players to Worksop Town to make it a little more realistic to your tastes, I would suggest doing it separately once Dan releases his first setup. 

4 minutes ago, Pompeyboyz said:

Adding players to the lower leagues is too impossible to do due to the high turnover of players.

I am a fan and strongly connected to Gosport Borough FC in the Southern League South but I struggle to keep up with the players coming and going there.  How would Dan be able to do the same on multiple fronts??

If you want to add players to Worksop Town to make it a little more realistic to your tastes, I would suggest doing it separately once Dan releases his first setup. 

Yeah I get that, but how would I add them in separately as they aren’t in the game in the first place. 

With the database I thought there would just be a little more depth in terms of players, obviously adding them separately wouldn’t I have to make them in the editor? Which then doesn’t seem as real and there is a lot of players missing in fairness 

1 minute ago, Radders1999 said:

Yeah I get that, but how would I add them in separately as they aren’t in the game in the first place. 

With the database I thought there would just be a little more depth in terms of players, obviously adding them separately wouldn’t I have to make them in the editor? Which then doesn’t seem as real and there is a lot of players missing in fairness 

Dan only activates the leagues and creates the teams if necessary.  He doesn't have the time to add players to the teams. 

That would be down to you to add in the editor as you require them. 

6 hours ago, Radders1999 said:

you just add them as players to this file so you can add whoever you want to suite your needs it wont take long to do 

why is it less real if you make them? Dan isnt an expert at judging players/ who is? and the range of players required at this level just use some common sense look at players in game as an idea a let game generate random stats for your created players just settle on a PA first

Dan does more than his fair share here and he would never get time to play the game if he went into the detail required for a project like this he would be constantly updating/editing injuries transfers etc etc 

so if you want players added do it yourself is the option available to you

Dan has done the hard work already 

13 hours ago, Radders1999 said:

Entitled much?  :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, Dan BHTFC said:

I will update the playable leagues list tonight, 2 extra divisions in Level 10!

When will you have time to add all the cups etc. for those tiers? 

Keep up the great work! :)

9 hours ago, Dan BHTFC said:

I will update the playable leagues list tonight, 2 extra divisions in Level 10!

I Really hope you include the leagues ive previously mentioned on here that you have been missing

I have attempted myself and failed miserably :(  editing non stop since Nov 2nd when editor was released, added all the clubs and leagues relevant to me down to level 17, didn't include EVERY league, just those relevant to what I was doing, but a lot of work nonetheless.

Im not a complete editing novice but by no means an expert, but I feel like this editor has faults, there was no reason I could tell for mine to not work..

Anyway ill clarify which leagues im talking about below,  as it would mean I could play as my local team and try to get them all the way up correctly as they are on the border of a couple of leagues so with the leagues missing its just not right for how I want to play.

Abacus Lighting Central Midlands League (North & South Divisions at both Levels 11 and 12) , Midlands Regional Alliance (2 divisions with the top division being at Level 13, feeds Directly into the Central Midlands League) and the Midlands & Notts Amateur Alliance (3 divisions with the top division being at level 14, feeds into the Notts Senior League)   and finally 1 more league I noticed you miss out which is relevant too is the Sheffield & Hallamshire County League (Top divisions is at Level 11)

I know how much work goes into this sort of thing and adding more leagues just adds more work to it, but I genuinely would be soooooo appreciative if you could add those leagues, I don't feel I can get my proper long term save started til I have those ..

Any help I can be to enable this the ill gladly help, I can send a list of all those leagues with teams in each, which town or city they are, name of home ground, club colours etc etc, all in one place to save hassle if that helps at all

Edited by damianhucker

6 minutes ago, theflitmeister said:

hey dan as ever fantastic database cant wait to start assuming you can copy things over from the 19 database be brill if you could add as many new leagues as possible and make it  real non league project what sort of time frame we looking at for a full release

All honesty with the issues that the current editor has and the previous timescales, don't expect a full release till the new year at the earliest

I am hoping to play in the Sheffield & Hallamshire County Leagues (the Premier Division is at level 11). If Dan doesn't add this division, would it be relatively straight-forward for me to include it myself? I've never attempted creating a league before, but have used the editor a bit.

Currently the Sheffield & Hallamshire Premier Division has 15 teams so, even if Dan does add it in, I'd want to expand it to 16 teams - with the additional team being one I'd create myself - so again, how difficult would this be?

Many thanks

vor 6 Stunden schrieb RexEverything:

I am hoping to play in the Sheffield & Hallamshire County Leagues (the Premier Division is at level 11). If Dan doesn't add this division, would it be relatively straight-forward for me to include it myself? I've never attempted creating a league before, but have used the editor a bit.

Currently the Sheffield & Hallamshire Premier Division has 15 teams so, even if Dan does add it in, I'd want to expand it to 16 teams - with the additional team being one I'd create myself - so again, how difficult would this be?

Many thanks

hey @RexEverything You would have to install the FM19 Editor Under Steam> Library> Tools> Football Manager 19 Editor.

Then open the editor, load the DB. Load the editor database (from Dan), then you would create a club. By Clicking "Database" on the left, then "Clubs" also on the left. Click "Add" in the bottom right. Enter all the information and things you want about the club. (Make a note of the Unique ID.)

Once that is all updated. There are _TONS_ of things you can edit on the left, Details, ownership, finances, colors etc etc etc.

Then, once that is saved, click "Database" then "Competitions" on the left. Find your league. then go to "Teams". it will have a list of all the teams in the league. In the bottom right hit "Add" it will pop up a box that you can filter all clubs by whatever criteria you need. Easiest is the unique ID to make sure you have the correct team.

Once you do that. In the top left. Hit Rules> Test Rules. That will tell you if there are any errors. It might tell you that certain competitions like the FA Vase or FA Cup expect that league to have only 15 teams for that league/division and you will have to change that number to 16 etc. Redo the tests until the tests pass.

Once that works, Hit "Save Editor Data As...." in the File menu, save it as whatever you want to call it. and once that is done you should be able to load the editor data in your game when creating a new career.

There will be a good amount of work to take care of, but it is doable. I believe there are better tutorials online but this is what I have done in the past.

@RexEverything I don't think it would change anything relating to the promotion relegation. The values are set as number of teams auto promoted, number of playoff spots then number of relegation spots. Adding one to the league would just shift the positions of relegation down. So if there are 2 relegation spots, right now 14th and 15th would be relegated. After you add the 16th team, it would know that with 2 relegation spots, it would need to move the spots to 15th and 16th now.

At least that is how it worked in FM2017 when I did it for a German lower league and I have no reason to assume that it would work differently.

My apologies. I was answering the second half, extended from 15 to 16, not thinking about adding a whole other league.

To answer your direct question "is it easy to set up your league to promote to the above division" yes. You should just need to set the above league to be a parent competition of yours, then set the relegation places from the parent and the promotion places in your league, verify the rules and it should check out.

but more specifically, if the league does not exist and you are going to make it from scratch, you would have to create all the teams, and the league structures and rules which will be a bit more annoying and just more work. To set up promotion and relegation to the league above, you would need to go to the league you would feed into and state that it has relegation places (as Dan may leave the very bottom leagues at 0 relegation places to stop any errors). Once you set it to having 2(for example) you would have to set up the Sheffield & Hallamshire County League Premier Division (or whatever it properly called) to have 2 promotion spots, or 1 promotion and 4 playoff spots for the 2nd spot.

Does that better answer your question?

I am looking at adding more leagues and the Sheffield and Hallam will probably feature, I'm just going through what ones to leave out and which ones to add below Level 10, hence why I haven't added a playable leagues list yet

1 hour ago, traitormatt said:

My apologies. I was answering the second half, extended from 15 to 16, not thinking about adding a whole other league.

To answer your direct question "is it easy to set up your league to promote to the above division" yes. You should just need to set the above league to be a parent competition of yours, then set the relegation places from the parent and the promotion places in your league, verify the rules and it should check out.

but more specifically, if the league does not exist and you are going to make it from scratch, you would have to create all the teams, and the league structures and rules which will be a bit more annoying and just more work. To set up promotion and relegation to the league above, you would need to go to the league you would feed into and state that it has relegation places (as Dan may leave the very bottom leagues at 0 relegation places to stop any errors). Once you set it to having 2(for example) you would have to set up the Sheffield & Hallamshire County League Premier Division (or whatever it properly called) to have 2 promotion spots, or 1 promotion and 4 playoff spots for the 2nd spot.

Does that better answer your question?

yes thats great, many thanks @traitormatt!

Played with your database last year for the first time. Really enjoyed getting Friary Vaults to the PL. Will be doing it again this year!

Quick question; as I said, last FM I chose Friary Vaults. They have changed their name  to Plymouth Vaults and their club colours. Will you be changing those things? If not, no problem, I can do it myself. Just wondering. :)

As many said, thank you for your work. I'll be patiently waiting for the release! @Dan BHTFC

10 minutes ago, Dan BHTFC said:

8 more level 10 divisions to make which should be doable by Saturday evening, then it's testing and adding the FA Cup and FA Vase

You're a saint, Dan! I'm holding on with my main save until the cups are finished. Two thumbs up!

Have been using Dan's DB for a while.

I'll start random safe and i'll wait until Dan releases the full DB with leve 17 or 22, whatever he chooses.

Not to sound entitled @Dan BHTFC, but are you estimating a December release for the full DB?

Thank you for all the work you do man! Really awesome stuff.

il y a 25 minutes, Dan BHTFC a dit :

‎8 plus niveau 10 divisions pour faire qui devrait être faisable samedi soir, puis il est stable et en ajoutant la FA Cup et FA Vase ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎

excellent work guy ! on my side, I've never done beyond level 10 ... so I'm looking forward to play at level 15 or lower ...;)

Edited by lysaniv59

1 hour ago, Dan BHTFC said:

7 Champions promoted, then an additional 5 from 28 teams

Got it. I will play around and see if I can replicate real life in the advanced rules because I think the way you and lionelmessi would have done it in basic would be quarter final with 16 teams, then semis with 20 teams (12 added to the round) and 10 teams in the final with 5 going up.

On ‎04‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 22:09, Dan BHTFC said:

Theyn should've done this years ago, it's going to be a good system

I think ground quality used to be an issue, requirements at each level. No requiement below Level ( Level 11 incl Prem and Football leagues ) Level 7 ( level 11 Prem and Football leagues) had requirements but very small www.thefa.com/~/media/files/.../step7-minimum-grading-requirementsjune12.ashx?la... Largely changing rooms and toilets.  Moving up you need  an enclosed ground, turnstyle, clubhouse, covered are for directors etc. This is why I wish we had a ground editor

53 minutes ago, Pentapolar said:

I think ground quality used to be an issue, requirements at each level. No requiement below Level ( Level 11 incl Prem and Football leagues ) Level 7 ( level 11 Prem and Football leagues) had requirements but very small www.thefa.com/~/media/files/.../step7-minimum-grading-requirementsjune12.ashx?la... Largely changing rooms and toilets.  Moving up you need  an enclosed ground, turnstyle, clubhouse, covered are for directors etc. This is why I wish we had a ground editor

I put minimum capacity and minimum seating into my file last year.

2 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

No links here, you have to go to the editors' threads. Dan level 10 English one isn't ready yet - he suggested maybe tomorrow.

I have completed down to level 9 on my file now, checked all the leagues, there was some teams missing from the correct level 9 leagues.