The Football Manager Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

logo.jpg.cf333e78a91b8d960d3c386a80844dc8.jpg

IFK Eskilstuna – Season 3

Season 3 – 2021 – 1st Division North (3rd tier)

League: Well, I would have been happy with survival but we went ahead and got promoted again! Looks like I’m very much following @Braumiller's steps over here. I was skeptical about our chances at the start of the season, but we stormed to the top with 5 wins in 5 and something like a +20 GD. This form tailed off, obviously, but we stuck it out at the top until the business end of the season. Then our form collapsed and despite my lame attempted tactical tweaks we lost 2 and drew 2 out of the last 5, but that one win was the 4-0 drubbing of Umeå FC in the last game of the season, which confirmed our promotion in style. The teams below us played quite poorly and were all rather inconsistent, so this promotion feels a bit lucky – I hope we can stay up!

Star players: The first year’s star youths have become key players, Hallberg 19a (MC/AMC) is already one of the best players the club and wanted by bigger teams, and Gustavsson 19b (DRC) has gained +10 determination and a resolute personality after “off-field events”. I am retraining him as full-back, and intend for him to become a future captain. Christoffer Milde (MRL) and Adnan Cirak (AMC/ST) continue to be the best of the old guard, topping the assist and goal charts.

Youth watch: some unexpected untagged players have become regulars in the first team, basically because their CA was just about decent enough and the alternatives from the old guard were not much better – so I ran with Viktor Isgren (DL) at left back and Jimmy Sandlund (DC/MC) at center back. Towards the end of the season Sam Östling (MC) has started to feature in center mid, where to be honest I am really short on options – and has performed very well. Peter Mellqvist (AML/ST) does not have the highest star rating, but a good attribute spread and has become a regular upfront.

Youth intake: Four 5* prospects, but CA is low and personalities are not the best, again. Andreas Claesson 21a (DRC/ST) and Rasmus Johansson 21b (DRL) look like the two 5* prospects that are most first team ready, and it’s likely Johansson will start featuring in the team next season because my fullbacks are more or less below Div. 2 standard, let alone Div. 1 elite.

Finances: we are losing money but the board provided an £80k cash injection to keep things respectable. No facility upgrades though.

Transfers: none so far but I am trying to let some of the low determination older players go to get the squad personality up, and to send some youngsters on loan.

Next season’s aim: survival, definitely!

A random bit of trivia: apparently none other than Sebastian Larsson started his career at IFK Eskilstuna – his name came up in the newsletter of former players taking part in the World Cup. But he’s not listed as legend, icon or even favourite personnel!

Season |  League       | Pos. |   Cup   |     CL      |     EL      |     Top scorer          |  Top assists           |     Top rating            | Notes
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019   | Div 2 S. Svea |  3   |   n/a   |   n/a       |     n/a     |     Cirak (22)          |   Milde (15)           |     Alkoyun (7.7)         |
2020   | Div 2 S. Svea |  1   |   n/a   |   n/a       |     n/a     |     Cirak (22)          |   Milde + 2 more (10)  |     Milde (7.8)           | Promotion
2021   | Div 1 North   |  1   |   n/a   |   n/a       |     n/a     |     Cirak (21)          |   Milde (14)           |     Cirak (7.7)           | Promotion

Season |  Finances |  Coaching     |  Recruitment      | Training Fac.  | Youth Fac.      |  Stadium
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019   |   £23k    |  Fairly Basic |      Basic        |   Poor         |  Poor           |  7800
2020   |   -£9k    |  Average      |  Fairly Basic     |   Poor         |  Poor           |  7800
2020   |   -£6k    |  Average      |  Fairly Basic     |   Poor         |  Poor           |  7800

hPz3m9v.jpg

Massive season, still can't quite believe it or how well the new tactic did, just how Trevor Sithole bagged that many goals with a finishing rating of 4, I have noooo idea. New stadium is nice, shame about the name and the capacity for all that outlay but onwards and upwards and paying it off for the next 10 years!

oppsal_if_fotball.gif?itok=TadLrAIH

Oppsal Season 2025 Report

Just finished the first season of our second attempt at the Norwegian First division. Our goals for the season were to survive, move on some old, low determination players and push through more youth into the first team. We achieved 2/3 of those things, although failed on the most important one. I moved on our experienced RM and LM before the season started which did prove to be a good move.

Cup- We beat lower league Vard 3-0 in the first round before succumbing to Sandnes Ulf from our division on penalties in the second round.

League- This turned out to be a bit of a disaster. We started with 7 straight defeats and could never do enough to pull ourselves out of the relegation zone. With about 5 games to go, we looked like we had a chance to escape with a brilliant 1-0 win away at 1st placed Jerv, 3-2 win over fellow relegation battlers Kvik Halden and a 7-2 smashing of mid table Ranheim but a few bad results kept us down and we were ultimately relegated with a game to spare. At least we did better than Fyllingsdalen in last place who managed 3 points all season.

Best Players-

Top goalscorer: Pål Langåker 19A (10 goals) Our star striker was not really himself this season, as he was pretty inconsistent and even went on a pretty lengthy run without a goal. Still, he was the best goalscorer we had.

Most assists: Glenn Harviken (7 assists) As I mentioned, I released our old, long serving wide midfielders and promoted 3 youngsters to fight for the LM role. This guy beat out 2 tagged players to make the position his own and he is starting to develop really nicely. Our starting 11 now contains 2 untagged youth prospects!

Highest avg rating: Jørgen Solvang Nilsen (7.14) I can't complain about my CM corps, led by this fella. He's really good and still has a few years left in him, although there are several good youngsters nipping at his heels.

MVP: Jørgen Solvang Nilsen

Best U23 Player: Arve Granhaug 19B deserves this award this year, he and Pål Langåker have proven the class of '19 was an illustrious one. They are both 23 now so someone else will have to step up for this award next year.

Results Results 2 (no) Transfers

Academy Players that played over 1000 minutes this season:

Pål Langåker 19A (10 goals, 1 assist, 1 POM)

Glenn Harviken (5 goals, 7 assists)

Stian Sollien 21A (2 assists)

Stian Rustand (2 goals)

Henrik Kaasa 19C (1 assist)

Arve Granhaug 19B (2 goals, 3 assists, 1 POM)

Rasmus Nilsen 20A (3 clean sheets)

Magnus Berg 22A (1 goal, 3 assists)

This season was pretty disheartening as I thought we were better prepared to stay up than last time. Oh well, I guess we are a yo-yo club now. Goals for next season are the same as last time we got relegated, move on some old, low determination players and push more youth into the first team.

|         League        | Pos.  |   Cup       |  Europe    |  Top scorer     |  Top assists          |  Highest avg rating|     Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019   2nd Division       3rd      2nd Round        -         Bransdal(22)      Bransdal(8)             Bright-Taylor(7.41)     PROMOTION
2020   1st Division      11th      1st Round        -         Langåker(11)      Östman/Nilsen(7)        Bright-Taylor(7.06)     Survived
2021   1st Division       9th      3rd Round        -         Langåker(14)      Rosendal/Nilsen(6)      Kristiansen(7.20)       Mid Table
2022   1st Division       9th      2nd Round        -         Langåker(18)      Rosendal/Paulsberg(6)   Bright-Taylor(7.07)     Mid Table
2023   1st Division      14th      1st Round        -         Bransdal(9)       Nilsen(5)               Nilsen(7.08)            Relegated
2024   2nd Division       2nd      3rd Round        -         Langåker(17)      Nilsen(9)               Bright-Taylor(7.51)     PROMOTION
2025   1st Division      15th      2nd Round        -         Langåker(10)      Harviken(7)             Nilsen(7.14)            Relegated

oppsal_if_fotball.gif?itok=TadLrAIH

Oppsal Youth Intake 2026

I mean, it's not terrible, but it doesn't really justify the huge proportion of our budget we are spending on the youth setup.

GbpzMFP.png

This guy Andersen looks the best, and he's in a good position. Although the 3 determination is a bit worrying.

wBkImw2.png

San_Marino_Calcio_logo.png.6f0720c40ebc6267418af9ff649d6b94.png

Table          Transfer History                                                                                                                             

Survival

Season 2019/20

So this is my second try with this save. First time ended up with zero central defenders when the only one I had got a bad injury. That didnt go well.

In my second try I got a little bit better depht to start off and avoided any bad injuries. But with only two offensive players ( a striker and a winger ) made life very difficult.

Got a decent start to the season and then had a run off 15 matches scoring only 2 points. Suddenly got a couple of lucky victories, morale turned green and I ended the season with 7 matches undefeated.

Now having trained a couple of midfielders to be decent at the wings I think helped me alot in the end.

Finances £ 1K            Projected end of 2020/21£ 274K

Youth intake was pretty bad for me. A couple of decent talents but not in the positions I needed. Lorenzo Pasqualini and Alessandro Giardi looks  promising tho.

Season        Div            Pos            Goals                   Assist              Avg Rating          Traning Facilities       Youth Facilities       Youth Recruitement       Stadium

2019/20     Serie C        15th          Rrasa 10               Zeqiri 8           Gasperi 6.95             Average                  Below average              Fairly basic                   5.500 

Not much being optimistic for yet besides a pretty young squad with most of the players being in their early 20s. 

I expect a small improvement in preformance next season with the goal of staying away from the relegation zone.

GL to you all !! :)       

Edited by Diego D10S

XaW - Kettering Town - 2034/35

KetteringTFC.png

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

After the success last season, I wanted to build on it and try to keep improving. We slowly are building up our facilities, and that is our worst hindrance at the moment. I let a couple of player leave because their contracts were at an end, and only sold a single player this summer. When I look at my current squad I see a quite good squad without any major holes in it, and that's reassuring, but at the same time, I'm not quite sure what positions I would rather come through the next few youth intakes. Continually improving the facilities are the way to move forward at any rate, so that is the focus. The season it self started pretty good, albeit losses to Man Utd and Chelsea early on put us on the back foot compared to the other top teams. We did continue to play well for the most of the season, but we never really shined and thumped teams. The defense still need work as we are conceding a lot of easy goals, but hopefully we can avoid a couple of them when our 22 and 19 year old first choices in the central defense get a few more years of experience. We only really hit a slump in form towards the end of the season were we only won 1 of the last 6 league matches and almost lost out on a very safe 3rd spot. With 8 matches left we had a good chance of a title in competition with Man Utd and Arsenal, but the poor results at the end allowed them to leave us behind. Still, a 3rd place is very good, and allows us to enter the Champions League again next season.

In the FA Cup we embarrassingly lost to League Two outfit Yeovil in the 3rd round. However, in the League cup we beat Preston, Man Utd, West Ham and Liverpool before thumping Chelsea 3-0 in the final to clinch the trophy. Oh, and our U23s won the League Trophy.

This season also marked our first attempt in the Champions League. We were qualified straight into the group stage were we drew Villarreal of Spain, Paris SG of France and Inter of Italy. We did good and finished in 2nd place behind PSG, but ahead of Inter to go through. In the 1st knockout round we drew Sporting Lisbon of Portugal. After a poor 2-2 result at home we beat them 3-0 away. Our old nemesis Schalke of Germany were our opponent in the quarter final. After the Europa League final loss last year we got our revenge when we knocked them out to go through. In the semi final, we drew fellow Englishmen Arsenal. A 2-3 loss at the Emirates were not bad, but when we attacked them at home, they countered us blind and scored 6 goals in the first half! We actually deserved to win this match, but very unlucky. The press even asked about our luck were they confirmed we had hit the woodwork 5(!) times. So out in the semi final is tough, but it's still a great run from us.

During the season I got a message that our stadium plans had been scrapped and a new one were confirmed. No more 14k, now we are looking to build a 49k one instead! They started to build it during the season and the plan is to have it done by the end of next season, so we'll see. I also got more improved to facilities approved, so they will be done during the next season.

We had a good youth intake this season and the one who stands out is Nick Warren 35b.

My son had another good season and have established himself as good played in the squad. However, he have started to play for England U21s instead of Norway U21s. At the moment it's unclear where he ends up, but exciting none the less.

9ZcVE1j.png

logotipo.png

Cesar Vallejo - Peru - cheating at youth challenges by starting in the top division of a decent nation ;) 

Got to admit my first impressions of Peru are it's a great place to play a youth challenge. Since SI presumably decided Peru's lower division structure is too bizarre and unimportant to replicate, unplayable clubs are promoted directly into the top tier, but quite a few teams promotable from the main second tier are good sides with full squads and recent history of continental football. The standard is low enough to give youngsters game time (league rules even deduct points if you don't give enough match time to U19s!) but I expect will be high enough to develop a side that can be competitive in Copa Libertadores 

There's a few interesting options, but once I saw Cesar Vallejo it was the only club for me. A university team, nicknamed Los Poetas because the original Cesar Vallejo was a poet, they hail from the northern coastal city of Trujillo, which I've actually been to, and have the facilities and stadium of a pretty big club.

More importantly, when I looked in the reserves I found Alex Osis and my eyes nearly popped out. Probably the best 16 year old newgen I've ever had, and already the best player at the club. I only hope I can hang onto him .

Overall it's a strong squad capable of competing in the top division and actually rated sixth favourite for the title, but with key players in their late 30s, youth intake is going to be important. There are a number of other prospects already, some with a lot to learn, but Alvaro Diaz is another player who will be starting plenty of games. There are also the typical youth challenge issues with squad depth. My first choice keeper is 35 and the only other one at the club is young Siancas: at least has some reasonable attributes for a raw, low-potential newgen, but I really hope my academy produces better. Up front I only have two strikers, and 35 year old Pando isn't likely to stay superb for long. My predecessor also seemed to have a weird fondness for signing versatile 30something attacking midfielders with determination issues on free transfers, but at least he also brought in a couple of decent central defenders.

Inexperienced local manager Miguel Mamani will be taking the reins and looks forward to the challenge

image.png.bd9dbdf2810c7bc4798f3312fd069399.png
FC Rot-Weiß Erfurt
Season 2036/2037

Erfurt news:
- manager contract to 30.06.2039
- stadium 54,638, average attendance 53,428, by capacity 97%, 10 stadium sellouts
- finances balance +433M - we are rich but dumb board don't allow us to have more coaches
- tactic: 4-4-1-1
---
Transfers: [Transfers]
    As usual i am selling players which gained their max potential, and putting in 1st team younger players with lower abilities but higher potential.
    +2,8M DL. Francesco Andriani    47/0
    +1,5M GK. Christopher Allrich    35/0
---
League: rules - players under 17yo not allowed to play
predicted 11th - odds 76.00
position 6th [table]
Since february focused more on CL than league,
We had few longer injuries at the end of season. Because of that team squad for CL final wasn't optimal. With first 11 in full sharpness we could won that.
---
Cup: Quarterfinal
1st r. - won A[10-1] with TSV 1896 Rain am Lech (non-league)
2nd r. - won H[3-0] with VfL Bochum 1848 (2.Bundesliga)
3rd r. - won A[2-1] with RB Leipzig (Bundesliga)
QF - lost A[0-4] with Schalke 04 (Bundesliga)

Champions League: Final [result] [fixtures]
Group stage: 1st place, Chelsea, Juventus, Rosenborg [screen]
1st r. - won A[0-1], H[4-0] with Real Madrid
QF - won H[2-2], A[3-0] with RB Lepizig
SF - won H[4-1], A[1-1] with FC Barcelona
F - lost M[2-3] with Atletico Madrid

European Super Cup: Victory! [final]
Won! N[2-1] with PSG
---
Intake:
I have one word for this year intake, Faaaltermeeeier! 15 yo and already fantastic!
[intake] - [Rico Faltermeier]
---
Stats:
Top goalscorer: David Röppnack (FC)  - 22 goals - 20yo
Most assists: Fabian Wähling (AMC) - 23 assists - 23yo
Highest average rating: Fabian Wähling (AMC) - 7.49 - 23yo
Most POM: Fabian Wähling (AMC)  - 7 - 23yo

Season

League

Pos

Cup

Int.Cup

Top scorer

Top assists

Highest avg. rat.

TF

YF

JC

YR

Notes

2019/20

3.rd

3rd

-

-

A.Shala [15]

R.Gladrow [7]

M.Kaffenberger [7.33]

Average

Average

Average

Average

lost promotion in play-offs

2020/21

3.rd

4th

1st r.

-

D.Geurts [17]

T.Hasse [10]

N.Lorenzoni [7.34]

Average

Average

Average

Average

1 pt behind play-off

2021/22

3.rd

1st

2nd r.

-

J.Lewejohann [20]

D.Geurts [10]

R.Gladrow [7.43]

Average

Average

Average

Average

promotion!

2022/23

2.nd

15th

1st r.

-

R.Gladrow [15]

R.Stapelfeld [8]

L.Novy [7.20]

Average

Average

Good

Established

survived

2023/24

2.nd

12th

1st r.

-

R.Stapelfeld [12]

R.Stapelfeld [6]

R.Stapelfeld [7.25]

Good

Good

Excellent

Well established

safe position

2024/25

2.nd

14th

2nd r.

-

S.Wentzel [12]

N.Wollitz [7]

R.Stapelfeld [7.19]

Great

Great

Exceptional

Extensive

survived

2025/26

2.nd

5th

2nd r.

-

R.Stapelfeld [19]

R.Stapelfeld [8]

R.Stapelfeld [7.37]

Great

Great

Exceptional

Extensive

close to play-off spot

2026/27

2.nd

3rd

2nd r.

-

N.Wollitz [16]

J.Fitzner [16]

D.Strobel [7.37]

Excellent

Great

Exceptional

Extensive

promotion! after playoff

2027/28

1.st

15th

SF

-

L.Aicher [20]

K.Majewski [10]

H.Meier [7.33]

Excellent

Great

Exceptional

Extensive

survived

2028/29

1.st

7th

3rd r.

-

L.Aicher [21]

N.Wollitz [8]

L.Aicher [7.20]

Excellent

Excellent

Exceptional

Extensive

EL qualification

2029/30

1.st

12th

3rd r.

EL 2nd r.

C.Matera [14]

H.Schneider [10]

D.Backhaus [7.18]

Excellent

Excellent

Exceptional

Extensive

middle table

2030/31

1.st

13th

2nd r.

-

L.Aicher [13]

L.Aicher [9]

V.Fuß [7.22]

Excellent

Superb

Exceptional

Extensive

middle table

2031/32

1.st

8th

F

-

C.Matera [12]

F.Wähling [8]

D.Backhaus [7.28]

Superb

State of art

Exceptional

Extensive

EL qualification

2032/33

1.st

3rd

3rd r.

EL QF

L.Aicher [19]

T.Schau [12]

D.Bigger [7.33]

Superb

State of art

Exceptional

Extensive

CL qualification

2033/34

1.st

5th

QF

CL QF

L.Aicher [21]

T.Schau [11]

C.Nagel [7.36]

State of art

State of art

Exceptional

Extensive

CL qualification

2034/35

1.st

5th

2nd r.

CL SF

C.Matera [17]

T.Schau [17]

T.Schau [7.51]

State of art

State of art

Exceptional

Extensive

EL qualification

2035/36

1.st

11th

3rd r.

EL won

C.Matera [20]

T.Schau [16]

F.Wähling [7.48]

State of art

State of art

Exceptional

Extensive

won EL!

2036/37

1.st

6th

QF

CL F

D.Röppnack [22]

F.Wähling [23]

F.Wähling [7.49]

State of art

State of art

Exceptional

Extensive

won Euro SuperCup!

Ac_bellinzona.png

2019-20 Bellinzona Season Review

bellinzona-season-by-season-excel-2_8_20

bellinzona-season-by-season-excel-2_8_20

Standings -- Fixtures 1 -- Fixtures 2 -- All Competitions -- Stats -- End of Season Awards -- Commercial Summary

Bellinzona spent most of the 2019-20 season just outside the top two places of the Challenge League.  The league champion automatically promotes to the Super League and the runner-up enters a two-leg playoff against the 9th place from the Super League with the winner advancing to the Super League.  Shortly after the winter break, we had fallen to 5th place.  Our offense was stagnant.  We were safe from being relegated out of the Challenge League.  At this point, I decided to switch to more attack-minded 4-2-3-1 formation and whatever happened happens.  We went on a massive winning streak and finished the season in 2nd place.  We entered the playoff against 9th place, Thun.  We tied 0-0 at home in the first leg.  This is what I can tell you about the second leg: we led 2-1 at half-time.  I started the second half...fell asleep...made no subs or changes to the tactics...woke up to a 5-1 win and promotion to the Super League.

Youth Intake

Not a great intake but it does me a few players that can move into the first team squad straight away as backups and some depth at positions where depth didn't exist before.  When I joined the team, there was only 20 players under contract.

CM Daniele Vitali 20A: Vitali is a ball-winning midfielder who immediately moved up to the senior team.  He provides depth and helped the transition to the 4-2-3-1 formation

LW Daniele Psenner 20B: Psenner enters a log-jam at the attacking left-wing position.  It will be a few seasons before he gets into the senior team

CB Stefano Bellomo 20C: Bellomo spent the remainder of the 2019-20 season in the U21 team.  He could move into the senior side as a back-up next season.

CF Ardit Maloku 20D: Maloku has already made his debut for the Kosovo U19 team.  Should have a progression similar to Bellomo.

Not listed is Paolo Donati 20J who moved straight into the senior team as the back-up goalkeeper.  We used a grayed out player as our back-up goalkeeper before the youth intake.

The influx of sponsorship money led to an improvement of both the youth and senior team facilities.  We also increased the junior coaching budget for a second time.

HbG93 - AC Cesena 2030/31
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQStGUG7r0HtXEsa9toRpLEjhg_Jmdxe3vA3oEQSQ9MhUB5GbTz
Table - Stats - Best Eleven - Serie A Best Eleven - Finances - Facilities - Commercial Summary - Transfers - Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2

NBQ0ocX.png

The Year:
It was tough too start the year off with the departure of Francesco Pulazzi 25B too Juventus. He had a forced release clause for European football by his agent. We are well compensated for his departure but our finances have had no issues since the sale of Achraf Bouayadi 24A or really since we arrived in the Serie A. The loss of his presence in the defensive line will be felt. Going into the season itself we were flying high despite losing a key player. We  started the year off in brilliant form taking 5 out of 5! While our form hit a dip mid November we still did enough too be in the higher ups. In the end we was in for a European football chase something we achieved in the end. With a 5th place finish we will play in the Europa League next season. This is excellent news as it protects Amerighi 26A European football release! Luigi Bruno 29A despite being so young was yet again our star. Porro had a great year for us as well creating a very impressive 12 assist from his right back position. I also received this award.

Youth Intake:
Gianmaria Vesi 31A is a very welcomed addition too our talent pool. We have a lack of talent in the full-back spots and while Vesi perhaps is more fitted too be a central defender due too his height. I am regardless excited too see his future development. But the cream of the crop here is Rachid Abdellaoui 31B another Italian-Moroccan intake player. Oh my! He looks certain too follow the success of Bouyadi 24A. Daniel Adeyemo 31C is another Italian with African roots. He reminds me a bit of Antwi. Another solid addition too our already good central defender pool. Last man worthy of a shout is Henk Visscher 31D who joins us from NAC Breda's youth recruitment system. I have secured a couple of foreign affiliates with this type of setup. Henk is the first that has joined us of noticeable talent. His position makes his future with us uncertain, but I welcome more of these players in the future. 

Next Year:
These saves are funny. Just last year I was very pessimistic about the clubs future, and here we are going into the next year with European football. We also got in some very impressive looking talent in this years intake. It will be a big challenge taking on European Football, but it could prove an incredible platform too help aid development. While I would love too attempt taking silverware sometime soon. I will ignore what would be our best chance for it: the Italian cup next year. As my main focus will be re securing European Football next year. I hope we can get a doable group in the Europa League so that we can start building some Euro Coefficients.

Scarborough Athletic FC (England)

Scarborough_Athletic_logo_minic7fe36a907

Season 0 - 2018/19

Edit: Sorry to bump the other FM18 variant of this thread. Didn't pay attention.

Having enjoyed this challenge with BSC Glasgow in Scotland in FM17 and Ards Rangers in Northern Ireland in FM18, the time has come for another attempt - this time in FM19. (Hopefully this will be more successful than with South Shields FC.)

I had an enjoyable game with Scarborough all the way back in Championship Manager 93/94 taking them to Premier League. So meet the new manager of reformed Scarborough Athletic FC.

Short term goal: Survive in the Vanarama National League North.

2019-02-09_1536321a2a516c5fb04e2e.png

image.png.bd9dbdf2810c7bc4798f3312fd069399.png
FC Rot-Weiß Erfurt
Season 2037/2038

Erfurt news:
- manager contract extended to 30.06.2042
- stadium 54 638, average attendance 53 142, by capacity 97%, 9 stadium sellouts
- finances: balance +457M
---
    As usual i am selling players which gained their max potential, and putting in 1st team younger players with lower abilities but higher potential.
    + 2,6M ML. Marco Brinkies    100/16
    + free MR. Juddy Kabeya    177/46    [player]
    One of our 3 best players, leaving after season at the end of his contract. Last two season he constantly wanted to go to a bigger club, couldn't persuade him to stay. He went to Bayer Leverkusen, 2nd reputation in Germany, we are 6th.
---
predicted 8th - odds 26.00
position 3rd [table] - Champions League qualification
Good season in league, club points record (70). We had problem with scoring from penalties, only 3/7 in all competitions.
---
1st r. - won A[3-0] with Braunchsweig (2.Bundesliga)
2nd r. - won H[2-1] with Borussia Dortmund (Bundesliga)
3rd r. - won A[4-3] with Holsten Kiel (2.Bundesliga)
QF - lost A[0-2] with VfB Stuttgart (Bundesliga)

Europa League: Quarterfinal
Group stage: 1st place, Celtic, Beşiktaş, Hajduk
1st r. - won A[7-0], H[4-0] with AEK Athens
2nd r. - won A[2-3], H[3-1] with Valencia
QF - lost H[2-1], A[0-2] with FC Porto, we missed penalty when result was 0-0
---
Intake:
Golden generation! Signed 6 players, MC Maximilian Langer looks most promising but forgot to take his screenshot at intake day.
[intake]
---
Stats:
Top goalscorer: Fabian Wähling (AMC)  - 18 goals - 24yo
Most assists: Tino Shau (AMC) - 16 assists - 28yo
Highest average rating: Jonas Hanske (DL) - 7.55 - 19yo
Most POM: Fabian Wähling (AMC)  - 11 - 24yo

Season

League

Pos

Cup

Int.Cup

Top scorer

Top assists

Highest avg. rat.

TF

YF

JC

YR

Notes

2019/20

3.rd

3rd

-

-

A.Shala [15]

R.Gladrow [7]

M.Kaffenberger [7.33]

Average

Average

Average

Average

2020/21

3.rd

4th

1st r.

-

D.Geurts [17]

T.Hasse [10]

N.Lorenzoni [7.34]

Average

Average

Average

Average

1 pt behind play-off

2021/22

3.rd

1st

2nd r.

-

J.Lewejohann [20]

D.Geurts [10]

R.Gladrow [7.43]

Average

Average

Average

Average

promotion!

2022/23

2.nd

15th

1st r.

-

R.Gladrow [15]

R.Stapelfeld [8]

L.Novy [7.20]

Average

Average

Good

Established

survived

2023/24

2.nd

12th

1st r.

-

R.Stapelfeld [12]

R.Stapelfeld [6]

R.Stapelfeld [7.25]

Good

Good

Excellent

Well established

safe position

2024/25

2.nd

14th

2nd r.

-

S.Wentzel [12]

N.Wollitz [7]

R.Stapelfeld [7.19]

Great

Great

Exceptional

Extensive

survived

2025/26

2.nd

5th

2nd r.

-

R.Stapelfeld [19]

R.Stapelfeld [8]

R.Stapelfeld [7.37]

Great

Great

Exceptional

Extensive

close to play-off spot

2026/27

2.nd

3rd

2nd r.

-

N.Wollitz [16]

J.Fitzner [16]

D.Strobel [7.37]

Excellent

Great

Exceptional

Extensive

promotion! after playoff

2027/28

1.st

15th

SF

-

L.Aicher [20]

K.Majewski [10]

H.Meier [7.33]

Excellent

Great

Exceptional

Extensive

survived

2028/29

1.st

7th

3rd r.

-

L.Aicher [21]

N.Wollitz [8]

L.Aicher [7.20]

Excellent

Excellent

Exceptional

Extensive

EL qualification

2029/30

1.st

12th

3rd r.

EL 2nd r.

C.Matera [14]

H.Schneider [10]

D.Backhaus [7.18]

Excellent

Excellent

Exceptional

Extensive

middle table

2030/31

1.st

13th

2nd r.

-

L.Aicher [13]

L.Aicher [9]

V.Fuß [7.22]

Excellent

Superb

Exceptional

Extensive

middle table

2031/32

1.st

8th

F

-

C.Matera [12]

F.Wähling [8]

D.Backhaus [7.28]

Superb

State of art

Exceptional

Extensive

EL qualification

2032/33

1.st

3rd

3rd r.

EL QF

L.Aicher [19]

T.Schau [12]

D.Bigger [7.33]

Superb

State of art

Exceptional

Extensive

CL qualification

2033/34

1.st

5th

QF

CL QF

L.Aicher [21]

T.Schau [11]

C.Nagel [7.36]

State of art

State of art

Exceptional

Extensive

CL qualification

2034/35

1.st

5th

2nd r.

CL SF

C.Matera [17]

T.Schau [17]

T.Schau [7.51]

State of art

State of art

Exceptional

Extensive

EL qualification

2035/36

1.st

11th

3rd r.

EL won

C.Matera [20]

T.Schau [16]

F.Wähling [7.48]

State of art

State of art

Exceptional

Extensive

won EL!

2036/37

1.st

6th

QF

CL F

D.Röppnack [22]

F.Wähling [23]

F.Wähling [7.49]

State of art

State of art

Exceptional

Extensive

won Euro SuperCup!

2037/38

1.st

3rd

QF

EL QF

F.Wähling [18]

T.Schau [16]

J.Hanske [7.55]

State of art

State of art

Exceptional

Extensive

CL qualification

Sacked at Kingstonian. Lost the dressing room after a row with a player over his game time (was **** whenever I gave him a chance) and as morale dropped so did we.

Starting to feel this challenge isn't for me in FM19 with my track record this year :( 

Might give it a final crack with the original idea of Bari but we'll see :( 

Bilderesultat for real jaen club de futbol

Real Jean FC

Season Update 2024-2025

After a dissapointing second season in La Liga, the team took a big step forward this year. We finished in 8th place, just 4 points away from a European spot. No doubt, our performances are not worthy of 8th place, even less a place in Europe, but all in all it was a fantastic year. 

The foundation for this years success was made in the start of the season. A 2-1 win over Celta Vigo at home kickstarted a run of 12 games where we only lost twice, and that was against Real Madrid and Barcelona. A fantastic 2-0 win over Atletico Madrid was the highlight, closely followed by a 1-0 win against Villareal. After the winter break our form took a turn for the worse. We started the second half of the season with a terrible 2-6 loss at home to Valencia, and after that we didnt win any of our next 6 games.. 

We turned it around with a home win over Getafe, and after that we did okay, lost several games but also got some decent wins. We finished the season 2-2 against Real Sociedad, which was nice. 

Overall, we dont have any quality in the team that indicated us getting a spot in Europe. To be fair, we will for sure be tipped for 20th place next season as well. But we do have some exciting talent coming through, 17 year old Cristobal Gutierrez is probably the most promising. 

Our youth intake was overall the most disappointing we have had. But we have been lucky with it over the last few years, so we cant complain. Luckily though, the only decent talent in this years intake was a goalkeeper! We have had an absolutely terrible goalkeeper since the start of the save, and hopefully 16 year old Khalid Naim can be our future star. He will be the first choice next year, as there is no point using the GK we have now, as he cant get any better. 

In about 16 months we will be moving in to a new stadium. In the meantime, we are getting yet another improvement of our training/youth facilities. Our data analysis facilities are now excellent. 

Goals for next season will be a mid-table finish, but staying in the league is more than enough. 

47.thumb.jpg.9c38f025c04f875d1ab5b87108e5d1c4.jpg48.thumb.jpg.a18babf5d20b9b83e740bf652b87d8df.jpg49.thumb.jpg.28babd69e1bb029706e5c8e95f4e275a.jpg

50.thumb.jpg.b07c211c2df73c63d91d3f38398c3a47.jpg51.thumb.jpg.2e47bee0572ab459f42044487a0831e4.jpg52.thumb.jpg.0cdaf86cf3d00c280b852424f6975b68.jpg53.thumb.jpg.06d6703ee27306340b0c8ec8c89ffd26.jpg54.thumb.jpg.b43abdc0082ba39459adfc0b5a17d802.jpg

Season	|   League                   |  Position |  Copa Del Rey       |   Europe   |   Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20	|   Segunda Division B       |  9th      |  2ns round          |   N/A	    |   Okay start up season
2020/21	|   Segunda Division B       |  2nd      |  3rd round          |   N/A	    |   Promoted through play off
2021/22	|   La Liga 123              |  7th      |  3rd round          |   N/A	    |   Promoted through play off, back-to-back
2022/23	|   La Liga                  |  10th     |  2nd round          |   N/A	    |   Great first season, finishing mid table
2023/24	|   La Liga                  |  14th     |  2nd round          |   N/A	    |   No progress to speak of, managed to get worse
2024/25	|   La Liga                  |  8th      |  5th round          |   N/A	    |   Solid season, finished 8th

San_Marino_Calcio_logo.png.f8a14bfbb8ab60691716a18af79068f4.png

Table            Transfer History

Season 2020 / 21

A season I want to forget as soon as possible. Had a total collapse at the end of the season and had to play relegation playoff, but survived.

Finances £ 118K       Projected end of 2021/22 : £ 266K

So far my owners put some money into the club when the balance start to get bad. Player sales will be the only option for any income in the near future.

Youth intake was nice surprise. Got 3 players that already will give my squad some well needed quality.

Visani , Gancitano and Tedesco

Season        Div            Pos            Goals                   Assist              Avg Rating          Traning Facilities       Youth Facilities       Youth Recruitement       Stadium     Average Attendance

2019/20     Serie C        15th          Rrasa 10               Zeqiri 8           Gasperi 6.95             Average                  Below average              Fairly basic                   5.500           ( 601 )

2020/21     Serie C        17th          Rrasa 11              Trupia 5          Pasquini 6.90            Average                  Belowe average            Established                   5.500           ( 714 )

Starting to feel optimistic with the new youngsters and a new HYD that really delivered on his first intake.

Next season will be a struggle again I guess but hopefully my new wingers will give the team a boost.

GL to you all !!! :) 

Edited by Diego D10S

logo.jpg.2f232fda1deef97bfd25fd2491af98f9.jpg

IFK Eskilstuna – Season 4

Season 4 – 2022 – First Division Elite (2nd tier)

League: Bit of a crappy season – but with a big silver lining for sure. It actually started off well, as we were proving competitive after promotion, winning 4 and drawing 1 out of the first 6 games, and climbing up to the giddy heights of 2nd spot. That didn’t last long, however. Our form deteriorated, and we went on a long losing streak culminating in 0 – 5 and 1 – 7 back-to-back losses to Halmstad and Trelleborgs. We did just enough to stay clear of relegation until the end of the season, but it wasn’t pretty, and our end-of-season form was absolutely terrible, losing 5 out of 6 with scores such as 4-6, and breaking the league record for goals conceded along the way. Our defense is just not good enough for this level, and to be fair some other parts of the squad are not much better. I am delighted that we survived, but fear we won’t be so lucky next season.

Cup: Fell at the first hurdle away to 1st div North Landskorona. To be fair, their squad is probably much better than ours, and w did take them to extra time.

Star players: I released some older low-determination players, which in retrospect was a bit of a risky move given that most of my youths are still so raw. Adnan Cirak (AMC/ST) probably had his last good season before he melts, scoring 17. Sam Östling (MC) has continued to impress despite low attribute levels, and Hallberg 19a (MC/AMC) is probably our best player, but he wants to be sold.

Youth watch: Kristoffer Juhlin 20b (AMLC/ST) has developed well despite his low determination, and is now a regular starter upfront. I tried to give youth a chance this season, but with my poor facilities development is a bit slow, and most of my starters are rated 1-1.5 stars CA and 3.5-5 stars PA, so I hope they can develop a bit more next season. None of last year’s prospects have good enough stats to get into the team.

Youth intake: Looks decent but hard to judge because close to half my team has 5* potential now, because after releasing some older players the CA of my first team is so low! Still, Johan Forsbald 22a (DRC/DM) could become a decent center back if he works of his positioning, and Peter Wahlström 22b (DC/DM/MC) is ready to be rotated into defense and midfield (yes, the squad is really quite poor). My current GK is pretty rubbish so I have some hope for John Lindqvist 22c (GK), but the handling of 3 is rather concerning!

Finances: making money, finally – around 100k for the year. 

Facilities: upgraded coaching and recruitment, and the tv money allowed for a training facility upgrade that’s on the way for next season.

Transfers: releasing some oldies and a few loans to my feeder club

Next season’s aim: survival, hopefully including a few less thrashings…

Season |  League       | Pos. |   Cup   |     CL      |     EL      |     Top scorer          |  Top assists           |     Top rating            | Notes
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019   | Div 2 S. Svea |  3   |   n/a   |   n/a       |     n/a     |     Cirak (22)          |   Milde (15)           |     Alkoyun (7.7)         |
2020   | Div 2 S. Svea |  1   |   n/a   |   n/a       |     n/a     |     Cirak (22)          |   Milde + 2 more (10)  |     Milde (7.8)           | Promotion
2021   | Div 1 North   |  1   |   n/a   |   n/a       |     n/a     |     Cirak (21)          |   Milde (14)           |     Cirak (7.7)           | Promotion
2022   | Div 1 Elite   |  11  |   R2    |   n/a       |     n/a     |     Cirak (17)          |   Hallberg 19a (9)     |     Cirak (7.4)           | Survived
Season |  Finances |  Coaching     |  Recruitment      | Training Fac.  | Youth Fac.      |  Stadium
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019   |   £23k    |  Fairly Basic |      Basic        |   Poor         |  Poor           |  7800
2020   |   -£9k    |  Average      |  Fairly Basic     |   Poor         |  Poor           |  7800
2021   |   -£6k    |  Average      |  Fairly Basic     |   Poor         |  Poor           |  7800
2022   |   £55k    |  Adequate     |     Average       |   Poor         |  Poor           |  7800

Edited by dkouv

HbG93 - AC Cesena 2031/32
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQStGUG7r0HtXEsa9toRpLEjhg_Jmdxe3vA3oEQSQ9MhUB5GbTz
Table - Stats - Best Eleven - Serie A Best Eleven - Finances - Facilities - Commercial Summary - Transfers - Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2

TKujCvz.png

The Year:
A weaker year this time around, but we still were able to cling onto the European spots. And our showing in the Europa League was very good! We got out of a rather tough group, and from there we got rather favorable draws until we meet Arsenal. Our performance helped out clubs reputation grow a little, but more importantly! As I spoke about last time around. We built very important coefficients! Back home we also got the furthest we have ever in the Italian Cup being knocked out by Juventus. Pierpaolo Bulevardi loved the Europa League and was our star there, but domestically Luigi Bruino was more important. Both however had a phenomenal season, and I am starting too get some belief in this team ability too might start shaking things up. I do believe we for sure need a new goalkeeper and maybe even new full-back. 

Youth Intake:
Filippo Gasperoni 32A is an exciting new member too our midfield pool. He has a nice mix of technical, mental and physicals. Øivind Magnussen 32B is my favorite player from this intake! Partly because hes from Norway but also he really does looks solid! I wonder how much potential he has too grow into, but there is no doubting he will have future contributions for Cesena. Mario Selvaggio 32C is mentally solid, and is an important addition as we have a lack of full-backs. Djiby Mbaye 32D follows the line of solid central midfielders growing up in our club. Massimo Porcu 32E is another striker option that I hope too develop into a quality off the bencher for us.

Next Year:
These saves are funny. Just last year I was very pessimistic about the clubs future, and here we are going into the next year with European football. We also got in some very impressive looking talent in this years intake. It will be a big challenge taking on European Football, but it could prove an incredible platform too help aid development. While I would love too attempt taking silverware sometime soon. I will ignore what would be our best chance for it: the Italian cup next year. As my main focus will be re securing European Football next year. I hope we can get a doable group in the Europa League so that we can start building some Euro Coefficients.

Ac_bellinzona.png

2020-21 Bellinzona Season Review

Standings -- Fixtures 1 -- Fixtures 2 -- Transfers -- Statistics -- End of Season Awards -- Commercial Summary

bellinzona-season-by-season-excel-2_11_2

bellinzona-season-by-season-excel-2_11_2

Bellinzona were picked to finish dead last again by the media.  Maybe next season they will learn, we exceeded expectations and finished 7th on 42 points which was two points above my target of 40 points.  40 points will be target next season as well when more youth academy products move into reserve roles with the senior team.  The team was led by strong center forward Christian Giacchetti who scored 21 goals in all competitions.  He finished second in the Super League with 18 goals.  I've invested heavily into the infrastructure of the club.  Our training and youth facilities have been upgraded to average from adequate.  The junior coaching saw a double upgrade from average to good.  Our youth recruitment was upgraded as well from average to above average.  As a result, our bottom line has not increased much from last season.  Our sponsorship saw a big jump as our club remains debt free.  In the next year or two, I'm going to need to invest in the stadium.  Right now, we have a 6,000 capacity stadium with only 2,000 of that capacity is seated.  Going to need to go to an all-seater stadium to help increase our revenues.

Youth Intake

The upgrades in the youth program as already paid dividends with a "golden generation" of talent.

DM Paul Quentin 21A: Quentin will jump into the senior side in the 2021-22 season as a defensive midfielder.  I'm planning on shifting from a 4-2-3-1 to a 4-1-4-1 or 4-4-2 formation for next season.

GK Christian DiMarco 21B: DiMarco went right from the youth intake to the senior side as our back-up goalkeeper.  He is a goalkeeper upgrade from the 2019-20 intake in Paolo Donati

CM Jose Dias 21C: Dias adds to our lack of depth in the midfield.  More creative than Quentin and will play in a more advanced role.  Needs to work on his work rate

RW Gianluca Barrasso 21D: Barrasso is a much-needed right winger.  The club is overloaded with left wingers and only Quadri on the right.  Barrasso gives Quadri a decent backup.

The club has brought in over 3 million euros in sponsorship money and another 1.7 million euros in prize money.  This money was immediately re-invested into the training and youth facilities.  Things are on the upswing but it's going to be a few seasons until we are safely mid-pack competitive in the Super League.

Kettering%20Town_zps1esi78fp.gif

Kettering Town 2036/37

League Table   Squad 1/Squad 2   Awards

Season Review

Nail biting stuff throughout our fourth season in the Championship. We fluctuated around the top 4-5 throughout the season. All coming down to the final game and a showdown with mid-table Millwall, sitting in third, we had to better either Newcastle or Portsmouth's result to secure automatic promotion. We went 1-0 up in the first half, then early in the second half when Barnsley went 1-0 up over Portsmouth, it was looking rosy. An equaliser mid-way through the second half increased the nerves and we were forced to settle for a point but results elsewhere saw us promoted in second (W22D14L10) a win on the final day would have made us champions. 

Really struggling to find a striker that can cut it at this level, massively relying on goals from midfield. Lee Clark 30c was superb, 11 goals from the DLP including winning goals in crucial games at the end of the season. Chris McGuire 35a  is a rock at the back, striking up a great partnership with Kaine Harbottle 33c. Joe Mason 31b came into his own this season and his pace is a real asset.

Youth Intake - Some useful positions filled, particularly Alan Robbins in DM as we need a long term back up/replacement for Gaz Doy 23c. Steve Dibble adds to our plethora of talented right wingers. Luke Zand  looks the best of the rest.

Last but not least, Wesley Bearne 19a has decided to retire, I tried to convince him to carry on for one more season to hopefully play in the PL, but he decided against it. He amassed 752 apps and 231 goals in all competitions. Undoubtedly going down as the greatest player in club history. Also got given the choice to retire the number 9 shirt in his honour. Ultimately I decided against it as I'm hoping another iconic number 9 will be following closely behind. 

I thought I'd share a nice achievement. Our long time midfielder Romaine Scott 24d just played his 100th cap for Jamaica.

mmAE5QW.png

At the moment he is a rotation option, and I'll let him leave if I get a nice offer, but I'll keep him if he continue to be happy with his level of involvement.

He rarely have been spectacular, but rarely poor either. All in all a good servant.

nG7cu71.png

San_Marino_Calcio_logo.png.87eab1d62b36e3ed41add8394f8c6405.png

Season 2021 / 22

Table           Transfer History  

Big improvement in performance this season. Done some tactical changes during the season and that is still work in progress. 

Have been easy for me to blame the players for my shortcomings with this team. But I have now realised that the manager also need to improve :)  

Finances £ 187K     Projected end of 2022/23  £ 644K

No solution to my financial problems besides selling players. Had a 500K bid for one of my prospects, but decided to keep him. Belive I can get more for him later.

Youth Intake was freakin fantastic :) Edoardo Ferrari and Bernardo Ghirardi being the best of the bunch :) 

Season        Div            Pos            Goals                   Assist              Avg Rating          Traning Facilities       Youth Facilities       Youth Recruitement       Stadium     Average Attendance

2019/20     Serie C        15th          Rrasa 10               Zeqiri 8           Gasperi 6.95             Average                  Below average              Fairly basic                   5.500           ( 601 )

2020/21     Serie C        17th          Rrasa 11              Trupia 5          Pasquini 6.90            Average                  Belowe average            Established                   5.500           ( 714 )

2021/22     Serie C        11th         Gasperi 15          Tedesco 9         Gasperi 7.19             Average                  Belowe average            Established                   5.500           ( 714 )

Aiming for promotion  playoff next season. Squad starting to look pretty decent now. Nothing special but no big weakness either.

Edited by Diego D10S

Ac_bellinzona.png

2021-22 AC Bellinzona Season Review

Standings -- Fixtures 1 -- Fixtures 2 -- Transfers -- Statistics -- Finances -- Commercial Summary

bellinzona-season-by-season-excel-2_15_2

bellinzona-season-by-season-excel-2_15_2

The best way to describe this season is a slog.  We couldn't put anything together and played like a bottom of the table team.  Goals dried up.  Christian Giacchetti had a terrible year with only seven goals compared to his team high 21 goals last season.  The defense played well for 80 minutes.  They would usually turn off in the last five minutes of each half.  This caused a lot of games where wins turned into draws and draws turned into losses.  I know it is because the defense is a) inexperienced and/or b) not very good.  The experience will come with time.  The not very good will come from improved intakes.  I haven't really gotten a good center back in any of my three intakes.  I've gotten some squad player level players but not that good to elite level defender.  They are all missing a piece to their game.  In fact, you could say that about a lot of my players.  Strikers will have good finishing but are slow or they will be fast but have the first touch of a concrete block.  Midfielders can pass but can't see the field or can see the field but can't make the right decision.  As a result, we have a lot of disjointed play on the field.  Going to have some time and dive into the roster to find a tactic that can play to each player's strength while hiding their weaknesses.  That said, we found a way to avoid the playoffs for a second straight season.  We slipped from 7th to 8th place but still to avoid the playoffs is a big achievement with this roster.

Youth Intake

This is Golden Generation II: The Youth Intake Strikes Back.  A lot of potential first team players in the roster.  They just need a year or two of grooming for the most part before they move up to the senior team.

AMC Antonio Garguilo 22A: Garguilo got two senior team appearances after the intake and before the end of season.  He responded with a goal and an assist.  With DMC Paul Quentin 21A going from "young midfielder" to "promising midfielder", I'm going to need to find a way to put my top three midfielders (Garguilo, Quentin, and Yesilcayir) on the field at the same even though they in different layers of the midfield.  

LW Giulio Dini 22B: Dini is another left winger to add to our logjam at that position.  Alain Ott and Enrico Bazzanella are our top two players at that position and Daniele Psenner 20B is the up-and-comer at the position.  Psenner may spend a season at our new affiliate club, Yverdon, next season to create some space for Dini to get games at the left wing position.

LB Nermin Muratovic 22C: Muratovic is a classic example of what I talked about with our intake players.  Muratovic is quick and can make good decisions but lacks marking.  The good news is I don't need him right away so he can learn in the youth team before coming up to the senior side a couple of seasons.

CF Riccardo Chiappetta 22D: Chiappetta is another player who needs some time in the youth team to develop.  He's got decent finishing and first touch but can't out run an elephant let alone the opposition's center back.

CB Pablo Noya 22E: Noya is the best center back that I've gotten in an intake thus far but his game has a lot of holes.  He lacks composure and is not a natural marker.  He is strong in the air (something we need) and has some pace which can be developed over time.  But he's not that lock-down stay-at-home defense man that we need at the position.

Youth Stats 1

Youth Stats 2

Going to spend this season building up the bank account and not investing in the infrastructure.  The board will not let me expand my current stadium.  The only options are "buy stadium" and "build new stadium."  I don't have cash flow to build a good-sized new stadium and I don't have good sell-able players yet to build up a bankroll.  So, it's save for the season and hope that in the future, I can build a new stadium without a club-crippling loan.

IGNmp2B.png

Domestic League : Allsvenskan - 7th
A predictably rocky start to life in the top tier of Swedish football, especially when we dropped 4 losses in a row early on.  Even then, we were alway just outside of the relegation and relegation playoff spots.  A permanent switch to a more cautious mentality in our 4141 formation that got us here proved very fruitful though.  We had a simple target of 30 points (1 point per game) to survive and we kept ourselves 1 or 2 points above this for the most part and generally 3-5 points above the team in 13th (the relegation playoff spot).
As we finished out the season we had a very nice run of results and bumped ourselves up from 9th-10th to a final finish of 7th! (I think this flatters us and gives me unfounded optimism)

Domestic Cup : 2025-2026 edition - Knocked Out In Group Stages
We didn't make it out of our group after drawing all three of our group games
Domestic Cup : 2026-2027 edition - Lost In 2nd Round
The league game before this cup game we were 0-1 down in the 2nd half, I switched to an attacking 442 and we won 4-1!  So I tried the attacking 442 from the start in the cup against lower league opposition and it backfired spectacularly.....

Europe : n/a

Youth Intake

I feel like this was always going to be a let down after last years great intake, and it was.  A few decent prospects, but none that I feel will be instance impacts over the next year or two.  Possibilities to develop into first teamers though.
Isac Persson (09A) - A potentially interesting prospect.  Not particularly noteworthy in any area, and with an unfavorable personality, but there is something to work with there and not too many others in front of him at left midfield
Marcus Antonsson (09B) - I love the versitility on this kid and that alone should secure him some appearances in the senior team.  What he does with those chances may well determine his long term future
Adam Johansson (09C) - Central midfield is a populated portion of the field for us right now, so he will have a fight on his hands.  That said, I do like a two footed player and he has fantastic teamwork as well.  Both positives.
Oliver Abrahamsson (09D) - The positive here is again versitility.  The negatives though as another unambitious player and very poor physicals, which are often the strong points of the kids that can hide their poorer technicals

Transfers
Another year of a lot of outgoing loans.  Not 100% sold on the idea being a particularly good one, so I may scale this back and only loan out when necessary for happiness reasons

Squad Stats - Season Awards
1st - Selim Ari (03B) 45% - A deserved player of the season for our captain in waiting (he is currently still vice captain while Abdoulie Jobe is at the club, although playing less and less)
2nd - Sebastian Hansson 24%
3rd - Erdem Ozdemir (01B) 19%

General
This was a season where it felt every game was of upmost importance.  We were never more than 2 losses away from being dragged into a real relegation dogfight until very late in the season.
As the year progressed Hans Larsson (08D) started to really stand out.  A natural AMC, I tried to play him in our lone FC role a few times and he flopped (as did Joakim Stromberg (08A) for the most part - even earning himself a month or two back down in the U19s!).  Once our survival was assured, I switched from our trusty 4141 to a 4411 to try and incorporate what was quickly becoming clear as a stand out developing youth.  In the 4 games we played our 4411 we won 3 and drew 1.  More importantly, instead of having a lonely figure upfront who would often have poor games due to either isolation or inconsistency, we would have a link (granted, we lost the security blanket of a DM at the back....).  Interestingly, with the FC not having to link up play any more, Joakim Stromberg (08A) became a Poacher and scored 4 in 2.5 games (he got a red card in a game and so missed one through suspension!).  Hans Larsson (08D) played well enough for me to consider this switch permanently next year.  TBD!
We lost money like crazy this year.  Moving most people at the club to full time contracts and crazy high youth set-up costs being the main culprits.
Our attendances are rising nicely though and they may force a stadium expansion / build in the next few years (more costs!).

AeDjI0B.png

iBSJoBU.png

FC Rot-Weiß Erfurt
Season 2038/2039

Erfurt news:
- manager contract to 30.06.2042
- stadium 54 638, average attendance 52 977, by capacity 96%, 7 stadium sellouts
- finances: balance +531M
- european ranking: 6th, domestic reputation: 4th
---
Nobody left first team.
---
predicted 10th - odds 36.00
position 7th [table] - Europa League qualification
Longer we play in Europe worse results we had in the league. Unlucky with injuries this year. Both strikers poor performance this year.
---
1st r. - won A[2-0] with FC Magdeburg (3.Bundesliga)
2nd r. - won H[3-1] with TSV 1860 München (2.Bundesliga)
3rd r. - won A[3-2] with FC St. Pauli (2.Bundesliga)
QF - lost H[0-2] with Bayer 04 (Bundesliga)

Champions League: Semifinal
Group stage:  1st place with 13pts, FC Porto 9pts, Shakhtar 7pts, PSV 4pts
1st r. - won A[3-4], H[4-1] with Chelsea
QF - won H[2-0], A[1-3] with Barcelona
SF - lost A[0-3], H[0-4] with Man City
Great play with Chelsea and very lucky with Barca but destroyed by Man City.
---
Intake:
Bad one, signed only top 2 players, but Stefan Schultz looks very promising.
[intake] - [Stefan Schultz]
---
Stats:
Top goalscorer: Tino Shau (AMC)  - 11 goals - 29yo
Most assists: Tino Shau (AMC) - 9 assists - 29yo
Highest average rating: Fabian Wähling (AMC) - 7,27 - 25yo
Most POM: Fabian Wähling (AMC)  - 5 - 25yo

Season

League

Pos

Cup

Int.Cup

Top scorer

Top assists

Highest avg. rat.

TF

YF

JC

YR

Notes

2019/20

3.rd

3rd

-

-

A.Shala [15]

R.Gladrow [7]

M.Kaffenberger [7.33]

Average

Average

Average

Average

2020/21

3.rd

4th

1st r.

-

D.Geurts [17]

T.Hasse [10]

N.Lorenzoni [7.34]

Average

Average

Average

Average

1 pt behind play-off

2021/22

3.rd

1st

2nd r.

-

J.Lewejohann [20]

D.Geurts [10]

R.Gladrow [7.43]

Average

Average

Average

Average

promotion!

2022/23

2.nd

15th

1st r.

-

R.Gladrow [15]

R.Stapelfeld [8]

L.Novy [7.20]

Average

Average

Good

Established

survived

2023/24

2.nd

12th

1st r.

-

R.Stapelfeld [12]

R.Stapelfeld [6]

R.Stapelfeld [7.25]

Good

Good

Excellent

Well established

safe position

2024/25

2.nd

14th

2nd r.

-

S.Wentzel [12]

N.Wollitz [7]

R.Stapelfeld [7.19]

Great

Great

Exceptional

Extensive

survived

2025/26

2.nd

5th

2nd r.

-

R.Stapelfeld [19]

R.Stapelfeld [8]

R.Stapelfeld [7.37]

Great

Great

Exceptional

Extensive

close to play-off spot

2026/27

2.nd

3rd

2nd r.

-

N.Wollitz [16]

J.Fitzner [16]

D.Strobel [7.37]

Excellent

Great

Exceptional

Extensive

promotion! after playoff

2027/28

1.st

15th

SF

-

L.Aicher [20]

K.Majewski [10]

H.Meier [7.33]

Excellent

Great

Exceptional

Extensive

survived

2028/29

1.st

7th

3rd r.

-

L.Aicher [21]

N.Wollitz [8]

L.Aicher [7.20]

Excellent

Excellent

Exceptional

Extensive

EL qualification

2029/30

1.st

12th

3rd r.

EL 2nd r.

C.Matera [14]

H.Schneider [10]

D.Backhaus [7.18]

Excellent

Excellent

Exceptional

Extensive

middle table

2030/31

1.st

13th

2nd r.

-

L.Aicher [13]

L.Aicher [9]

V.Fuß [7.22]

Excellent

Superb

Exceptional

Extensive

middle table

2031/32

1.st

8th

F

-

C.Matera [12]

F.Wähling [8]

D.Backhaus [7.28]

Superb

State of art

Exceptional

Extensive

EL qualification

2032/33

1.st

3rd

3rd r.

EL QF

L.Aicher [19]

T.Schau [12]

D.Bigger [7.33]

Superb

State of art

Exceptional

Extensive

CL qualification

2033/34

1.st

5th

QF

CL QF

L.Aicher [21]

T.Schau [11]

C.Nagel [7.36]

State of art

State of art

Exceptional

Extensive

CL qualification

2034/35

1.st

5th

2nd r.

CL SF

C.Matera [17]

T.Schau [17]

T.Schau [7.51]

State of art

State of art

Exceptional

Extensive

EL qualification

2035/36

1.st

11th

3rd r.

EL won

C.Matera [20]

T.Schau [16]

F.Wähling [7.48]

State of art

State of art

Exceptional

Extensive

won EL!

2036/37

1.st

6th

QF

CL F

D.Röppnack [22]

F.Wähling [23]

F.Wähling [7.49]

State of art

State of art

Exceptional

Extensive

won Euro SuperCup!

2037/38

1.st

3rd

QF

EL QF

F.Wähling [18]

T.Schau [16]

J.Hanske [7.55]

State of art

State of art

Exceptional

Extensive

CL qualification

2038/39

1.st

7th

QF

CL SF

T.Schau [11]

T.Schau [9]

F.Wähling [7.27]

State of art

State of art

Exceptional

Extensive

EL qualification

San_Marino_Calcio_logo.png.eca0a54d3ddb352a24842235c835de89.png

Season 2022 / 23

Table        Transfer History

Great season overall. Everything starts to fall in place. Tactic feels very good now and what we lack in quality we make up for with teamspirit. 

Knockout in the first round of promotion playoff was like expected. But I now feel we can start dreaming of promotion within the next 2 -3 seasons.

Finances £ 4K    Projected end of 2023/24  £ 525K

Finances are actually pretty stable. Got a new sponsordeal this season thats gave me 250K extra.

Got 2 players that get 20% of my total wage spending. They are both in the last year of their contract and will have their last season in the club.

Again I was very happy with the youth intake. Gianluca Piccinni looks like a future star !

2019/20     Serie C        15th          Rrasa 10               Zeqiri 8           Gasperi 6.95             Average                  Below average              Fairly basic                   5.500           ( 601 )

2021/22     Serie C        11th         Gasperi 15          Tedesco 9         Gasperi 7.19             Average                  Belowe average            Established                   5.500           ( 714 )

2022/23     Serie C         5th         Gancitano 11      Tedesco 10       Pasquini 7.06            Average                  Belowe average            Fairly basic                   5.500           ( 841 )

Going for promotion playoff again next season. For the first time I can also see a small possibilty for promotion.

Edited by Diego D10S

On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 14:45, XaW said:

So, I guess that's it. Challenge Completed! I'm a bit unsure if I should continue or not. I'll see how it goes.

We had another good youth intake with the standout Robin Burford 36a.

My son had once again a good season and are rotating around the first team. He has now declared for England, but no call-up is in sight. I wish he went for Norway to be honest...

x3ALyPk.png

Congratulations. Conference National to European Champions in 10 years is really fast, especially considering how difficult it was to get out of the Conference

Surely the best way to finish off is to become England manager and pick your son (looking at him, I'm not sure he gets picked any other way unless he can switch back to Norway...)

3 hours ago, enigmatic said:

Congratulations. Conference National to European Champions in 10 years is really fast, especially considering how difficult it was to get out of the Conference

Surely the best way to finish off is to become England manager and pick your son (looking at him, I'm not sure he gets picked any other way unless he can switch back to Norway...)

Yeah, I really struggled there and almost got relegated two times, one time I stayed up on goal difference if I remember correctly. But I think it helped me quite a bit, allowing the youngsters time to play at a suitable level for a couple of years made it easier to get promoted later on, I think.

I've thought about taking over England, but seeing as they are managed by Harry Maguire who is doing an amazing job, I don't see it becoming available for quite some time. I think I'll have a small break from this game and see if I miss it.

On 16/02/2019 at 17:04, Diego D10S said:

@XaW Congratulations !!! Awesome job :applause:

Thanks! I think this is the first time in forever that I actually finish this challenge!

Bilderesultat for real jaen club de futbol

Real Jean FC

Season Update 2025-2026

A decent, but unspectacular season. Last season we finished 8th, but that did not really highlight the obvious flaws of the team. A 11th place this season was probably also a bit lucky, the foundation certainly made in the first half of the season. We started okay, beating Las Palmas 2-1 in the season opener. Losses to Sevilla and Real Zaragoza and a win at home to Girona was followed by a crushing 0-4 defeat at home to Real Madrid. After this we did pretty good, a strong goalless draw against Bilbao away was followed by a good couple of months that saw us beat Atl. Madrid 4-2, Real Sociedad 2-1 and Villareal 2-1 away. After the winter break we did pretty bad to be honest, even for our standards. We won three games in a row against Sevilla, Las Palmas and Real Zaragoza, but other than that we never really found any form. I have decided to use my young GK prospect, Khalid Naim, and he has made some very big errors, but I cant expect class from a 17 year old goalkeeper either. But he has made some good progress, and I hope he can become a La Liga quality player. 

To be fair, I dont see the team progressing beyond mid table/relegation struggle next year. We will for sure be tipped last, and that is a fair assessment. But we are moving in to a new stadium, we are getting a second upgrade of our training facilities, and our youth recruitment has been expanded. So we just have to keep on trying to improve and the foundation for success in the future is there. We got new owners at the end of the season, but they are not looking to make radical changes, which is fine. 

Our youth intake was overall probably the worst in my time at Real Jean. There are basically no one that can ever be potential players for the first team, except for Badr Senoussi, a 16 year old dutch central midfielder. He has gotten some caps for the first team at the end of the season, and he even got his first goal in the last game of the season, a very solid game coming of the bench against Espanyol (we won 3-1). 

Goals for next season: Maybe I lack ambition, but it reamains: Survival! 

55.thumb.jpg.1bc162f387eb385ebb6a26834f66e2c9.jpg 56.thumb.jpg.13c29fc5bb3bc55837528a413441727b.jpg57.thumb.jpg.dae10e84dce0d0202cf3038d7d5ea0e4.jpg

59.thumb.jpg.d8dad0c43bf69a5391766b03d4984f56.jpg60.thumb.jpg.0fcfbcd2bbf9244b0ae430fea4f26694.jpg61.thumb.jpg.c050fa305f8e45a1f8b12686ed2bb884.jpg

Season	|   League                   |  Position |  Copa Del Rey       |   Europe   |   Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20	|   Segunda Division B       |  9th      |  2ns round          |   N/A	    |   Okay start up season
2020/21	|   Segunda Division B       |  2nd      |  3rd round          |   N/A	    |   Promoted through play off
2021/22	|   La Liga 123              |  7th      |  3rd round          |   N/A	    |   Promoted through play off, back-to-back
2022/23	|   La Liga                  |  10th     |  2nd round          |   N/A	    |   Great first season, finishing mid table
2023/24	|   La Liga                  |  14th     |  2nd round          |   N/A	    |   No progress to speak of, managed to get worse
2024/25	|   La Liga                  |  8th      |  5th round          |   N/A	    |   Solid season, finished 8th
2025/26	|   La Liga                  |  11th     |  4th round          |   N/A	    |   Decent season, good club progress if not so much on the pitch

Thanks everyone! I was directed to/found this thread for the first time this morning and have spent almost an hour reading through - this is amazing and some great write-ups!! :D

Have just taken FC United from bottom to top using full xfers and was wondering what's next/itching for another challenge and i think i've found it!

A couple of questions if I may?

1.) There was a full brexit in my current save which made the game both easier AND more irritating; meant i could sign high potential foreign players that would never have previously gained a permit, but with the foreign player limit it was a nightmare and there was/is a real dearth of english top quality talent. With it being academy only I can't see it having anywhere near as much/any real impact (except maybe the big clubs becoming more aggressive if I do get a top level player) - can anyone speak from experience as to whether it makes a difference? Is it worth disabling it? Is that allowed?

2.) FC United have awful facilities and the player development/recruitment was TERRIBLE as a result - that's part and parcel of this challenge of course, but when it comes to picking a side, is it encouraged to go for the side with the best/worst facilities, or is it largely down to preference/how masochistic you're feeling that day?

3.) I can see people are playing leagues all over the world, but if playing in England, is it generally the done thing to start in Vanarama North/South, or do people load the lower leagues too and start down there?

Thanks all, sorry to ask such basic questions but I feel reinvigorated again after reading! Only other question is whether to wait for the final 19.3 before starting but that's a coin toss for later!

Edited by optimusprimal82

@optimusprimal82, I play in Spain so I cant speak for the Brexit issue, but I can attest to the fact that it is hard to maintain young talents. In Spain you have to have a release clause for every player, I have simply set those extremely high, and declined every offer. 

I would look for a club with the best possible facilities, yes. My Real Jean FC team didn't really have that, but what we did have was some really talented players that the previous manager had signed in the previous year. 

You choose where you want to start, but personally I think its great fun that people are picking different nations. 

But beware, read the rules for the nation you choose! I first started in Germany before realising that it was not allowed for 16 year olds to play. When the start of the season came, I had 8 eligible players... :onmehead:

@optimusprimal82 2 ) picking a side is just preference but more about how difficult you want to make it for yourself. I have played with Cesena and they have very good facilities and a big fan base. Didnt have to worry about the finances and quality of talents are alot better in the beginning. So its alot easier to get started. I now play with San Marino Calcio with bad facilities and bad finances. Its a big difference.

San_Marino_Calcio_logo.png.95708aa90f3aa86018ca4d91edc4e9be.png

Season 2023 / 24

Table        Transfer History

Another solid season and again got knocked out in the 1st round of promotion playoff,

But only 1 out of 27 teams get promoted from the playoff so this is a hard league to get out of.

Won Serie C Group B Manager of the Year. Very happy about that.

Finances : £ 179K       Projected end of 2024/25  £ 732K

Youth intake was pretty bad this time around. Alessandro Valentino being the only one I signed.

2022/23     Serie C         5th         Gancitano 11      Tedesco 10       Pasquini 7.06            Average                  Belowe average            Fairly basic                   5.500           ( 841 )

2023/24     Serie C         6th          Ghirardi 16         Tedesco 6         Ferrari 7.15               Average                  Belowe average            Fairly basic                   5.500           ( 895 )

Going for promotion playoff again next season and hopefully get closer to the top teams.

My youngsters starting to develop and preform alot better so I feel optimistic.

GL to you all !!! :) 

Edited by Diego D10S

Welcome @optimusprimal82.

Purely personal thoughts;

1 - I have not yet played in England, so I cannot comment on experiences.  I would imagine disabling it (if possible) would constitute a rule break.

2 - The only encouragement is to play, your way :)  As long as the club fits the bill (previously unplayable in season 1) and you like them, go for it :thup:

3 - Yep - you start in the lowest playable league in your chosen country and select one of the previously unplayable teams which got promoted during the initial holdayed first season.

Good luck!

logo.jpg.2c6e60e4e00671585bbd85337f3b4601.jpg

IFK Eskilstuna – Season 5

Season 5 – 2023 – First Division Elite (2nd tier)

League: Managed to consolidate a bit and stay up comfortably, although our final league position of 9thprobably flatters us. Still, a tactical change saw us concede less goals, which is the main thing.

Cup: Again, fell at first hurdle to lower league Motala AIF.

Star players: Sam Östling (MC) and Eric Hallberg 19a (MC/AMC) continue to play well in central midfield, and Kristoffer Juhlin 20b (AMLC/ST) is now our best attacker. Adnan Cirak (AMC/ST) never really recovered from his injury and is now retiring. Youths are developing very slowly despite facility upgrades, so I’m mostly sticking with the remaining old guard and the youths from the first few intakes, but hopefully some will start coming through next season.

Youth intake: Looks like a better mix of personalities and talent, even though the CA is not that high, and 5 star PA does not mean too much at the moment. Jimmy Arvidsson 23a (DRL, MR) looks promising, and is already our best right back, and Christoffer Svensson 23b (DL, ML) and Daniel Käck 23c (ML, AMLC, ST) should add much needed depth to our attack and defence.

Finances: breaking even, but the board is not allowing any facility upgrades. 

Transfers: just loans to a feeder club with better training facilities

Next season’s aim: more survival, and nothing else. Just getting along, really.

2022   | Div 1 Elite   |  11  |   R2    |   n/a       |     n/a     |     Cirak (17)          |   Hallberg 19a (9)     |     Cirak (7.4)           | Survived
2023   | Div 1 Elite   |  9   |   R2    |   n/a       |     n/a     |     Juhlin 20b (12)     |   Milde (11)           |     Milde (7.1)           |
2021   |   -£6k    |  Average      |  Fairly Basic     |   Poor         |  Poor           |  7800
2022   |   £55k    |  Adequate     |     Average       |   Poor         |  Poor           |  7800
2023   |   £42k    |  Adequate     |     Average       |   Basic        |  Poor           |  7800

Edited by dkouv

logotipo.png
Cesar Vallejo 2019 Season Review

The good news was that my side performed spectacularly well, the bad news was a comparatively mediocre youth intake that didn't give me players in any positions I wanted, and the ugly news is that the playoff system in Peru is horrendously bugged, so the game is on hold at least until after an update

Torneo de Verano
I thought my starting squad was more than strong enough to compete in Peruvian football, and this was confirmed with the early-season Torneo de Verano tournament. Instead of a cup, two pools of teams play each other home and away in mini-leagues, and a champion is determined by a playoff between the two pool winners. With Peru's biggest teams in the other group, I breezed through to top the table which set up a final against the giants of Alianza. I actually dominated the opening leg but was pegged back from long range and then needed a penalty to level. The second leg of the final saw both sides hit the woodwork, but Alianza created clearer chances and shut me out for the win they probably just about deserved. First chance at continental football after just 17 games, but I didn't get it!

League
The league proper proved to be tougher, with my side struggling for goals and getting turned over on the counter. Alianza dominated, but they didn't have to play me until the final game, and their late season wobble meant that I could win the Apertura by beating them. This time, I totally dominated the game but struggled to find a way through. The hero was Diego Pizarro, the considerably-less talented brother of former Bayern star Claudio who scored a spectacular strike from outside the area, to put me top of the table on goal difference for the first and most important time. I don't think this even counts as silverware, but it did mean I'd secured qualification for the Copa Libertadores, as well as a place in the playoff to determine the overall champion.

Hilariously, Alianza were so shell-shocked by losing the league opening stage on the final day, they failed to win the next seven games of the closing stage. Cristal, however, were a model of consistency. When I failed to beat them thanks to a referee sending two of my players off (one actually rescinded) and awarding the opposition a penalty I assumed the Clausura title was theirs, especially when Alianza held me to a draw on the final day of the season and their unbeaten side needed only a point from their game. Which they failed to secure after losing in the 95th minute to a side that only had two shots on target all game, leaving me top on goal difference on the final day again

Winning both the opening and closing stages put me straight into a playoff final. A home leg and an away leg against Alianza to determine the champion. 

Or as SI preferred to interpret it, two home legs with the aggregate scores being interpreted the wrong way round, followed by an away tie that may or may not count for something. AAAAARGGH

Torneo de Verano (runners up)
League (Apertura and Clausura winners)
League champion: it's a long story...

Upgrades
National C licence and B licence secured and training and youth facilities on the way

Star performers
The team played consistently well, but the titles were down to giant Andy Pando, who hasn't let losing his pace dent his goalscoring ability. Quinteros is another who hasn't let rapid decline affect his performances, providing plenty of goals and assists despite now being the slowest winger in the league. Unlike the other veterans, I'm keeping those two. 

Medrano is the real surprise package with over 20 goals from the ML position. Goals and dribbles of real quality and bely his apparent status as a one dimensional pace merchant and show the virtues of consistency and two footedness.

Top prospect Osis 18A was surprisingly average for much of the season. He waited a long time for a goal, a long range free kick, and promptly scored a mirror image later in the same game. He's also barely improved his attributes, but at least that means I'm not fending off transfer offers.
Alvaro Diaz 18B had a good season, improved and would have started even more if my other left back wasn't excellent.
Israel Rojas 18E was the surprise package - he looked like nothing at the start of the season but appeared to have a growth spurt, improved insanely fast and will be an important rotational player next season.

Youth
Youth intake day was disappointing enough for me to forget to take a screenshot. Less so because of the low star levels - a 3* player can do a very good job in the Peruvian top tier but I didn't get the players I needed. I badly needed a striking prospect ready to be phased into the first team, and a couple of central defenders to stop the squad being unhappy at the lack of depth, and any half decent keeper. I got none of the above. In particular Galvez isn't going to be the answer in goal (thankfully Siancas has shown some signs of improvement and more potential than originally thought) but I signed him up because he can't be worse than being stuck with outfield players!

Julio Diaz 19A has potential, a great personality, intelligence and pace, just a shame he can't seem to kick a ball. If his finishing wasn't truly appalling I'd teach him to play up front 
Delgado 19B is a good long term prospect at left back, the one position I definitely don't need, though I'm now retraining my first choice left back to cover the centre
Horna 19C has some room to develop and may end up providing central defensive cover next season, though I worry about his lack of height
Farro 19D was picked out as the top prospect, but the star ratings differ and his personality is horrible. Still could be useful
Robles 19E was the best striker I got, but he's a long way from the first team and I don't like his consistency issues 

Mindful of the improvements in Rojas 18E, I signed up some of the borderline prospects despite reservations over their personality and potential. Since I have an abundance of talent in midfield and nothing much up front I'm also retraining Osis as an AM. First game he played there he scored twice

Summary
An outstanding season overall, but due to bugs corruption in Peruvian football, who knows whether there'll be a future

Edited by enigmatic

10 hours ago, dkouv said:

@XaW Just saw your completion - congrats! :D Nice one! :) And in England too - that's a pretty hardcore way to do the first challenge completion ;) Now, Wales........ :p

Thanks!

I've usually tried this is smaller countries, but failed because the CL proved too much. With England, the struggle was going to the top nationally. When I were in the CL I were already a good team.

Wales, huh? Now, that might be interesting...