The Football Manager Youth Academy Challenge

Really enjoying following this challenge. I am in the middle of another challenge myself, but it doesnt seem to be that many other people playing it. 

Would be good to get some feedback on different experienes with different leagues? Does it seem like the best route to go for a big nation, small nation og something in between (Portugal/Holland etc.)? 

And for people who have succeeded, what has been key? 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@thomas_eI have tried Brasil (because of best regens) and Germany now.
Brasil have fantastic regens but it has strange rules, i didn't liked calendar and rules. For example every player u21 must have release clause. Second league tier lacks of money, first tier have lot of money but is too hard to survive.
Germany have nice regens, great money in top league, enough cash in second tier. You have u19 team and no reserve team. Players must be 17yo to play first team.
read about Argentina but rules are much more strange.
Italy for example, hard to win promotion from serie C (1team only).

Thanks @tomay. Yes and it is such a wide gap between how many playable leagues different nations have. Holland has two, while Norway has four. Doesnt really makes sense when you look at the quality of the league. 

Does anybody know how important for youth intake being close to a big city is? 

HbG93 - AC Cesena 2027/28
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQStGUG7r0HtXEsa9toRpLEjhg_Jmdxe3vA3oEQSQ9MhUB5GbTz
Table - End of season Squad - Best Eleven - Finances - Facilities - Commercial Summary - Transfers - Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2

n9hfy9L.png

The Year:
Our first outing in the Serie A went quite well! A 15-6-17 record I would wager is a very impressive showing for us. We scored 51 goals and conceded 66 giving us a -15 goal difference. Nothing pretty about that. However considering the fact we had a change of goalkeeper from a Serie A level goalkeeper in Stefano Alemanni 23B too the young Lorenzo Napoli 24D. This was because Stefano announced his intention too let his expiring contract run out. I decided too cash in by selling him off too Palermo. Another player was in the same situation, and it was none other than Achraf Bouayadi 24A luckily I was able too lock him down on a new long term contract after the transfer window shut. There is no doubting that our survival wouldn't have been this comfortable without the Moroccan striker. Perhaps we wouldn't even have made it. He was by far the star for us, and most other players performance wise had little too speak off. But still my team is youngsters! So a year of Serie A football can only help improve them. In fact he became the European Golden Boot winner! With this he also became the African attacker of the year with the team of the year both in Africa and Serie A. The Moroccan also rocked a 76% vote for the fans player of the season. This promotion also saw big increases in our finances and reputation. I look forward too the advantages that could bring. As I have newer and improved training and youth facilities already in the works. 

Youth Intake:
Another intake that leaves for more too be desired. Perhaps it's time we considered a new Head of Youth Development? He might have produced the goods he could find. Still Matteo Correnti 28A is a talented fellow! If it wasn't for him however the intake would be very lackluster. My favorite thing about Matteo is without a doubt the awe size of the lad. Ola Andersen 28B main point of interest is the fact hes Norwegian. However he has severe lack of mental attributes, and I wouldn't expect much from him anytime soon. Marco Ferretti 28C suffers from the same issue and on top of this he plays a non position in the club. Last of the ones I bother sharing is Simone Cacchi 28D a goalkeeper I can assure you will never get passed 3rd string.

Next Year:
Having survived our first year in the Serie A quite comfortable and tied down Achraf Bouayadi 24A. My hopes is too somewhat reproduce the season going forward. I have no doubt about that we need growing time! I also have little belief in us relegating anytime soon. Until we can more recruits that can display the level that our little Moroccan I don't expect any silverware or European adventures too come across us. We have some of the puzzle pieces already in Pulazzi 25B and Amerighi 26A. But they still could do with a season or two before we can demand them too be leading players for the team. Hopefully in the meantime we also pick up others than can help lift the team further. I do however have a hope too get a bit of a cup run going in the future years. Not too win or anything. But for the excitement. Speaking of which I have considered asking for a new stadium, but at the same time we still have some space left in our current stadium. Come end of next season I might have a chat about it. 

Edited by HbG93

hey guys I have a challenge rule question? 

What if you sold a player who came out of your youth academy and then later the team you sold him to dropped him and he is now a free agent, is it against the rules to sign that player now?

Edited by Football-Rick
grammar

Hey guys

Wanted to double check something. I am playing around with possible teams. I took over newly promoted R. Jean in the Spanish 3rd division. 

July 10th is the reset date for the 3rd Division in Spain. But when I took control the club had already signed players. This has surely happened to someone else, but how do I deal with this? 

@darren1983

1.thumb.jpg.be1323f7df80dd0eb09faebc6145012f.jpg

Hello. I am pretty much what you would call a veteran of the game, playing ever since the CM 99/00 version. Also, I'm in love with lower league management, so I've decided to give this one a go, but with a little twist: I will attempt three challenges at once (doing the great san marino and the all_european (less england) challenge as well).  Hence, I've chosen to load players from top European clubs, all players of Sanmarinese nationality & all the Serie D players.

Here is the starting screenshot: 

image.png.bd9dbdf2810c7bc4798f3312fd069399.png
FC Rot-Weiß Erfurt
Season 2030/2031

Erfurt news:
- manager contract extended to 30.06.2034
- training facilities upgrade started for 5,5M - ends 15.10.2031
- youth training facilities upgrade for 6,0M - ends 18.09.2031
- new stadium building in progress. Stadium will have 27,359 seats (currently 18,611) and will be ready 18.6.2032
---
Transfers: [Transfers]
    - sold last not mine intake player, 26y old goalie Frank Schuster sold for +2,5M, he played all seasons for us, total 297 apps in 1st team
---
Finances: balance +57M
    +50M reward for 13th position table
    -5,5M training facilities upgrade
    -6,0M youth training facilities upgrade
---
Tactic: 4-4-1-1
---
League: rules - players under 17yo not allowed to play
predicted 18th - odds 1001.00
position 13th [table]
We are middle table team, we lose with top and we win with bottom teams. Much more long-term (2 months or longer) injuries this season, don't know why, didn't change anything with training.
---
Cup:
1st r. - won A[4-0] with Vfl Oldenburg (non-league)
2nd r. - lost A[5-4] with SV Darmstadt (2.Bundesliga) after penalties. Totally FM'ed, Darmstadt had 4 shots on target and 4 goals.
---
Intake:
According to HoyD we had golden generation again but highest rating Duffner looks like DMC which we don't need, Andriani looks like fine leftback and Reck will be decent ball winning midfielder.
[intake] - [Daniel Duffner] - [Francesco Andriani] - [Armin Reck]
---
Stats:
Top goalscorer: Lukas Aicher (FC)  - 13 goals - 20yo, 24/25 intake no.1
Most assists: Lukas Aicher (FC) - 9 assists - 20yo, 24/25 intake no.1
Highest average rating: Vincent Fuß (MC) - 7.22 - 20yo, 25/26 intake no.2
Most POM: Vincent Fuß (MC)  - 3 - 20yo, 25/26 intake no.2
Best Youth: Christoph Nagel (MC) - 7.14 - 18yo, 2nd rating, 25m 7gls 2ass 1pom - 27/28 intake no.5

Season

League

Pos

Cup

Int.Cup

Top scorer

Top assists

Highest avg. rat.

TF

YF

JC

YR

Notes

2019/20

3.rd

3rd

-

-

A.Shala [15]

R.Gladrow [7]

M.Kaffenberger [7.33]

Average

Average

Average

Average

lost promotion in play-offs

2020/21

3.rd

4th

1st r.

-

D.Geurts [17]

T.Hasse [10]

N.Lorenzoni [7.34]

Average

Average

Average

Average

1 pt behind play-off

2021/22

3.rd

1st

2nd r.

-

J.Lewejohann [20]

D.Geurts [10]

R.Gladrow [7.43]

Average

Average

Average

Average

promotion!

2022/23

2.nd

15th

1st r.

-

R.Gladrow [15]

R.Stapelfeld [8]

L.Novy [7.20]

Average

Average

Good

Established

survived

2023/24

2.nd

12th

1st r.

-

R.Stapelfeld [12]

R.Stapelfeld [6]

R.Stapelfeld [7.25]

Good

Good

Excellent

Well established

safe position

2024/25

2.nd

14th

2nd r.

-

S.Wentzel [12]

N.Wollitz [7]

R.Stapelfeld [7.19]

Great

Great

Exceptional

Extensive

survived

2025/26

2.nd

5th

2nd r.

-

R.Stapelfeld [19]

R.Stapelfeld [8]

R.Stapelfeld [7.37]

Great

Great

Exceptional

Extensive

close to play-off spot

2026/27

2.nd

3rd

2nd r.

-

N.Wollitz [16]

J.Fitzner [16]

D.Strobel [7.37]

Excellent

Great

Exceptional

Extensive

promotion! after playoff

2027/28

1.st

15th

SF

-

L.Aicher [20]

K.Majewski [10]

H.Meier [7.33]

Excellent

Great

Exceptional

Extensive

survived

2028/29

1.st

7th

3rd r.

-

L.Aicher [21]

N.Wollitz [8]

L.Aicher [7.20]

Excellent

Excellent

Exceptional

Extensive

EL qualification

2029/30

1.st

12th

3rd r.

2nd r.

C.Matera [14]

H.Schneider [10]

D.Backhaus [7.18]

Excellent

Excellent

Exceptional

Extensive

middle table

2030/31

1.st

13th

2nd r.

-

L.Aicher [13]

L.Aicher [9]

V.Fuß [7.22]

Excellent

Superb

Exceptional

Extensive

middle table

Edited by tomay

4 hours ago, thomas_e said:

Hey guys

Wanted to double check something. I am playing around with possible teams. I took over newly promoted R. Jean in the Spanish 3rd division. 

July 10th is the reset date for the 3rd Division in Spain. But when I took control the club had already signed players. This has surely happened to someone else, but how do I deal with this? 

@darren1983

1.thumb.jpg.be1323f7df80dd0eb09faebc6145012f.jpg

That's fine you can use them. Any signings made before you take over are fine to use.

US_Cr%C3%A9teil-Lusitanos_logo.png

UNION SPORTIF CRETEIL-LUSTITANOS INTRO POST

Manager Credentials -- Squad -- Stadium -- Club Info -- Finances

football-manager-2019-1_20_2019-7_07_17-

Union Sportif Creteil-Lustitanos (USCL) was founded in 1936 as an omnisport club located in the southeastern suburbs of Paris.  They are club with a nice infrastructure but no real success and as a result very little crowd support.  The club has just one trophy in it's case when the club won the 2013 Championnant de France National.  They were relegated in short order from Ligue 2 in just three seasons before falling down to the 4th tier at the end of the 2017-18 season.  Richard Fevre will take over the club upon their return to the 3rd tier for the 2019-20 season.

The team is led by a pair of forwards: Adul Seldi and Maxime Rus.  Typically, I like to go with a 4-2-3-1 formation but with forwards as my top two players, I may move to a 4-4-2 to start the season and go from there.

800px-OFK_Beograd_svg.thumb.png.35d0880597c3c23f5409974815c6d4d2.png

Gonna give this a shot with OFK Beograd - getting them back on track with a ridiculous yet hilarious spin.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Introduction:

OFK Beograd were relegated from the Serbian Superliga after finishing fifteenth in the 2015-16 season. The next season saw relegation from the 2016-17 Serbian First League after finishing bottom of the table. The club played in the Serbian League Belgrade in the 2017–18 season (their first season in the Serbian third tier), finishing in second place which bounced them back to the Serbian second tier.

After escaping the third tier, the "Klub prijatelja OFK Beograda" [KPO] was formed (translated. "Club of Friends of OFK Beograd") with the goal of saving the club from becoming extinct and helping the club through its most difficult times. The KPO is made up of loyal fans who want to see OFK return to its former glories competing at the very top of the first tier of Serbian football.

A ridiculously lucrative deal has been struck with the KPO and the North Korean Football Association to assist OFK Beograd in their journey to the top with unknown manager "Kang Ju-song" being placed to help promote a Youth-Isolationist policy with the intention of shutting shop on incoming transfers with the sole intention of developing from within with maximum output in results and financial stability.

Managing Director Ilija Petkovic stated on the official club website "There is a light at the end of the tunnel. We have learnt from our mistakes. We are looking forward to breaking away from the norms of modern football - who better to help us than the global leaders of isolationism? We are hoping this deal with the DPR Korea footballing body can assist us in promoting our new youth and transfer policy." It is believed that the club will potentially provide youth scholarships to North Korean children to help develop the nation's football status as part of the deal.

It is suspiciously unknown how the club's profits and additional finances will be utilised. FIFA and continental bodies AFC and UEFA are highly-suspicious of the North Korean influence.  Due to the manager's secretive lifestyle being raised in Rason and educated in Pyongyang, none of his footballing education is internationally recognised. Kang will have to work his way up obtaining UEFA-approved coaching licenses and proving to the world that OFK Beograd mean business... or anti-business...

Kang Ju-song

June 16th is reset day for Serbia. Hope everything is all good on my end, this is my first time doing something like this. If you need more screenshots let me know - Hope you guys enjoy it! :)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

800px-OFK_Beograd_svg.thumb.png.31fe862553324e045dbde653f5c0b5d9.png

OFK Beograd | Year 1:

Youth Intake| TransfersSquad | League Table

2019/20 Season: 

It is quite clear that OFK Beograd are definitely a Superliga club after dominating the second division in comfortable fashion. Manager Kang showed that he had a few tricks up his sleeves with a very fast-paced attacking game with scoring the most goals.... but also conceding the most in the league as well. Crazy. With departures of key players Lazar Mitrovic and Sreten Smiljanic, the depth of the squad is highly dependent on the up and coming youth players to step up. It was an all-round team effort this season but clear standout was Petar Milic and his partner in crime Nikola Rakic on the wings. Despite this overpowered attacking force, offloading for a hefty profit is the club's desire to invest into their youth facilities. This may now be a real challenge playing in the top tier of Serbian football with a clear battle of stopping balls in the back of the net and falling back down to the second tier again...

Feel almost like an absentee father to this thread but these past 6 months have been beset with real life stuff going on, congrats to all for your progress and thanks for keeping the thread going so strong without me. I shall try and return soon but still not got a great amount of time to play FM currently. 

Bilderesultat for real jaen club de futbol

Real Jean CF

Season 2019-2021 & 2020-2021

A  double season update from me. First of all I got so addicted to this challenge that I just raced through two seasons. The other reason was simple: If we didnt get promoted the second year the challenge would probably have ended. Our economy is at absolutely rock bottom. Midway through the second year we couldnt even offer contracts..

I picked Spain as it didn't seem like anyone else were playing the challenge here. I took over Real Jean CF after simulating for a year and saw what was a pretty decent team. It was obviously newly promoted, but were tipped for an solid mid-table finish. The club had signed quite a few players before I arrived. There was plenty of quality, but even more salary! We had players earning 12-13k a week... 

Our first season was a very uneven one. We were solid defensively, but really struggled in front of goal. Our main striker and goal threat produced 15 goals, and with very few others contributing in that section we ended with a very sad return of 40 goals in 38 games. We did manage to only concede 44 goals and ended in an okay 9th place. 

A good youth intake provided additional quality for us in the second season, with two young 16 year olds getting into the starting eleven. We changed our tactic a bit, going from a classic 4-2-3-1 to a flat midfield three, giving us a numeral advantage in most games. This provided very effective, giving us the opportunity to attack more as a unit. Our same striker from the first season, Antonio Lopez, went from 15 league goals to 44, a massive improvement. We finished 2nd in the league and we managed to get through the play off's quite comfortably (to my surprise tbh). 

A promotion to the La Liga 123 (2nd tier) gives us more financial muscle, and we were able to renew contracts, with only two days before they expire, as the play offs last until the end of June. 

Yet again we had a decent youth intake, but probably more decent quantity rather than outstanding quality. 

We are tipped by the media to finish 21st out of 22 teams. That is a fair assessment, and it will take a small miracle to stay up. But we now have a more solid foundation to build upon. I got the board to extend our youth recruitment which was a great bonus after promotion. I certainly need to get higher release clauses on some of our contracts sooner rather than later. 

I am adding screenshots. All the transfers in the first year were made before the reset date. 

5.thumb.jpg.90fbe844dfb012559ea5798c8b54b627.jpg6.thumb.jpg.985d31ac21118d9084b2fa6fcb856781.jpg7.thumb.jpg.915ddf9e8bef4e5a0444cf4068099cee.jpg1.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.13a99d1cd74bcd8cc55fced87c52fd3a.jpg8.thumb.jpg.c8413fb97ac8cd62d6d6fe54dadd9c35.jpg9.thumb.jpg.12bb2bf8a1db43af49ea0ac6c980c2e7.jpg10.thumb.jpg.1ba92baf1aca4be48aa1be670e582bf6.jpg

Season	|   League                   |  Position |  Copa Del Rey       |   Europe   |   Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20	|   Segunda Division B       |  9th      |  2ns round          |   N/A	    |   Okay start up season
2020/21	|   Segunda Division B       |  2nd      |  3rd round          |   N/A	    |   Promoted through play off

Edited by thomas_e

A great start to the season in La Liga 123. Three wins, two draws and a loss, as well as getting to the 3rd round in Copa Del Rey. But there is trouble ahead. My star regen, Eugenio, 17 years old and defensive captain is wanted by several big clubs. Refusing to sign a new deal and with a buy out clause of £210,000 :( :(:( 

11.thumb.jpg.dc3f84d2851ccc8cb0cb65cde260e30b.jpg

Edited by thomas_e

b5alZ46.png

Domestic League : Superrettan (Tier 2) - 8th
This group are bipolar!!  We started out winning 3 and drawing 1, sat top of the league.  Tactical issues from the end of last season behind us.....  Then we lost 5 in a row!  Dropped into the relegation zone.  Next up is away at the league leaders...  We win after making a slight tweak to our defensive line and then rattle off another 4 wins in a row!  Back into the promotion spots.  We then continue to yo-yo between extremes and never really settle....
Another 8th place finish (after winning both our last two games), although 2 points better off than last year.

Domestic Cup : Qualified for group stages next year
We beat lower league opposition in the 2nd round and qualify for the group stages which take place during the preseason of next year.  Here we face Hammerby and Malmo from the top tier and Rynninge from a lower league.

Europe : n/a

Youth Intake
I will admit to making an unnatural sound when I saw the 'Youth Intake' view of the youth candidates.  I think the reason is self explanatory
Filip Blomgren (05A) - WOW!  I do not recall ever receiving a youth prospect at any level in any incarnation of the challenge that is not only immediately first team ready, but possibly the best player at the club.  Filip  went straight into the forward role and made the impact we were hoping.  141 seconds into his debut, he scored!  He got a second to put us up 2-1 and then a hat-trick goal on his debut to claw back a 4-4 draw...  Being 16, he then had 4 poor games (scoring once) and then scored both goals in a come from behind win on the last day of the season against the bottom of the league team.  2 good games out of 6 (won 1, drew 1 - lost 3 of the 4 bad games), but he did get 6 goals in 6 games overall.
Joel Skoog-Engberg (05B) - A decent looking central defender, which is not a need right now but useful to have
Andreas Falk (05C) - Central midfielder, but can play in a host of positions.  Hoping to get some game time for this kid.
Emil Eriksson (05D) - A right back who will find it tough to break through currently.  A lot of work needed on technicals and mentals as well. 
Noah Osterberg (05E) - The yearly GK prospect!

Transfers
Just a handful of loans this year, mainly for kids who were getting antsy before breaking into the senior squad.

Squad Stats - Season Awards
1st - Abdoulie Jobe 52% - The fans choice year after year!  Not his best year, but still good enough for the fans!
2nd - Lucas Ucar 20% - Top scorer this year despite playing the 2nd half of the season at either AMC or ML
3rd - Sebastian Hansson 17% - Another quality year for the left back.  Now has competition for the left back role, so he may start seeing the bench more.

General
The amount of ups and downs this year was crazy.  I genuinely felt like we would never pull out of our losing streak and then we felt unbeatable.  Then we were maddeningly inconsistent and then the euphoria of the youth intake!
Regarding Filip Blomgren (05A), my current tactic has never fully gotten the best out of our forward and I am concerned that might hold him back.  We may try something a little different going into next year to try and make him the focus (dangerous with a then 17 year old, but he looks worth the risk).  I am working on the assumption we are essentially renting him, as I cannot imagine he will stay for too long.  An ambitious personality and obviously going to be too good for us.  My player values are all 2,000 and below, so I need to get value out of him before he leaves, presumably for peanuts :(
The Selim Ari (03B) experiment as vice captain was not a success.  He never showed any signs of issues holding it, on his information screen, but his performances this year were not good and he had to be dropped.  I may give it one more year or I may just scrap the plan when it comes time to choice captains before the start of next season.
Off the field no facility upgrades this year but our finances are looking healthier that before.  The board still refuses to go professional based on financial reasons, so still some fighting to do here....
Excited and scared for next season, as I want to see how Filip Blomgren (05A) will impact our league performances over a full season but I am worried we might waste his talents.

dRWgrT3.png

2CRyWkq.png

HbG93 - AC Cesena 2028/29
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQStGUG7r0HtXEsa9toRpLEjhg_Jmdxe3vA3oEQSQ9MhUB5GbTz
Table - Sadly Forgot Squad Stats - Best Eleven - Finances - Facilities - Commercial Summary - Transfers - Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2

e5szxNG.png

The Year:
The season started off with a tough hit too our first team quality as FC Bayern activated the 60 million euros release fee clause for our star man Achraf Bouayadi 24A. The good news about this sale is the fact we are now flushed with cash. We already had a huge positive cash flow due too the TV Money in Serie A. But adding the cash from this sale on top of that. We are in a position were we I hope the chairman will never accept offers ahead of me anymore. Now this cash is great too get in as I want too expand the stadium, but as I won't be eligible for a new stadium until 2043. For now a expansion will have too do. I also will push trough any facility upgrade I can. With this departure from the club we needed someone too step up. While not leading in terms of goal long term member Pierpaolo Bulevardi had a great year with 17 goals and 8 assists netting him the highest overall rating. The main goalscorer was Luigi Donvito 25C who despite having 17 crossing has adapted well too playing up top.  We also got the longest ever in the TIM Cup getting trough the qualifier stages. But after being handed Juventus in the 1st round we got easily knocked out. All in all I am very happy with the season. I thought we would struggle sporting wise far more due too the sale of Bouayadi. 

Youth Intake:
Not a intake with many players that look too intriguing. However it couldn't fit better too get a new striker prospect considering Bouayadi 24A transfer. Luigi Bruno 29A is the high quality member of this intake. He looks rather special and could be one of the fewer Italians we have gotten. That one day could not only be important for us but also the Gli Azzuri. Cristian Cozzi 29B is also interesting. I would wager he is the best right winger we have gotten so far. However we have moved away from playing wingers. Antonio Barbuto 29C follows the line of young hopeful defenders. But he has a long way too if he wants too battle for playtime with our current defenders. Other than that not much too note here.

Next Year:
I look forward too the next year. Not because I expect big things from the team, but more so just too progress along. There is no doubting that we need some good intakes before we can dream of landing European football or challenge for the title. This years recruit Luigi Bruno 29A by all means looks like a strong addition. I am a little nervous about our Goalkeeper position as Lorenzo Napoli 24D is no where near at catching up too the quality former goalie Stefano Alemanni 23B had. Furthermore we also have very little depth on our two starting backs. I do however think we have good talents in the central midfield and defense. Correnti 28A and Francesco Pulazzi 25B could have long careers in the starting eleven. The latter has interest from the top dogs but I seeing our now remarkable strong finical position I have high hopes of fending them off.

Edited by HbG93

Been reloading several countries to find a decent team with decent youth facilities but its bloody hard lol.

For Italian league do I need to pick a team in Seria C/C that got promoted from Seria D.

Can someone get back to me about that please as I want to do this challenge in Italy, Germany or France.

Also is there any quicker way around having to start a new save and holiday a year, I thought if I was saved it the day before the reset date that it would give me different teams but it just gives me the same teams unless I start again from scratch.

Edited by Ronaldo Beckham

800px-OFK_Beograd_svg.thumb.png.31fe862553324e045dbde653f5c0b5d9.png

OFK Beograd | Year 2 | 2020/21 Season

Manager | Youth Candidates | Transfers | Youth League Champs!

What a rollercoaster ride of a season of OFK Beograd back into the Superleague. The transfer window was an absolute nightmare for Kang as he tried to restrict star player Petar Milic from moving to league rivals Radnicki Nis and play abroad but no luck... After scoring a blistering 7 goals in the first 6 games, he moved to Nis to simply get played out of position, loan listed in January and score 2 goals in 18 games for his new club. Good career choice, Petar. The 56k euros came in handy for the Belgrade-based club however and have boosted their youth recruitment and junior coaching budget.  

The club had moments where it was contending for the title despite only hoping for a mid-table finish. Kang will be content taking 5th place with another season to keep pushing towards domestic glory. The biggest surprise was the downfall of the two powerhouses Crvena Zvezda and Partizan. It seems that all the smaller clubs are now rejecting their dominance by not letting their youth products being sold for cheap to them and rather selling abroad straight away. This has caused a massive shake-up to the Serbian top flight and is quite entertaining for the neutral. Congrats to Cukaricki for pipping it out on the final matchday. 

The young stars of the season were most notably Nebojsa Lukic and Ivan Radunovic. Lukic received the league's golden boot award by a hairline margin of minutes - AT SEVENTEEN YEARS OF AGE. Radunovic has shown that you can keep up with the big boys in the midfield. Kang is hoping for a big profit from these products to improve the youth facilities in the future. 

Future Plans: Now that the gruelling first couple of seasons are stabilised and now that I'm comfortable with the club, I hope that I can now go more in-depth on my posts and look forward to what my youth products will look like in the future. I am hoping for a really strong golden generation to bolster through and become a production line for the top tier leagues, I think I have a league-winning squad (until I get raided in January) but I feel like if I get into continental cups I will stretch myself too thin, I may have to sacrifice quality First XI squads and really give the young pups rotational experience which may turn 3 points to 1 and 1 to 0... This challenge is much easier in a small yet quality-rich nation like Serbia but wow this is still tough with the demanding belief in young, inexperienced players and losing your stars with the click of a finger. 

10 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Also is there any quicker way around having to start a new save and holiday a year, I thought if I was saved it the day before the reset date that it would give me different teams but it just gives me the same teams unless I start again from scratch.

Are you sure you had the correct reset date? If you do, you should get different teams (or at least somewhat different) each time you reload. Worked for me. Try saving a couple of days before the reset date. 

20 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Is Germany the best way to go for picking a decent team with good facilities ?

A lot of newly promoted German clubs have good facilities and you'll get plenty of money when you get promoted the second tier. But your kids come through in their early teens and can't play until they're 17, so in that respect it's a bit annoying for a youth challenge (especially if you get a prospect who's as good as your first teamers) and so you'd have to rely on your original players for a while. Plus as you seem to have spotted, there's some crazily good teams in Italy

6 minutes ago, Hovis Dexter said:

I’d be grateful for your thoughts about scouts. Do you use them or need them and if so why? 

I have one scout. I use him to scout the next opposition. He also brings me scouting reports on players, which I have not asked for him to do, and just ignore. 

Edited by thomas_e

3 hours ago, thomas_e said:

Are you sure you had the correct reset date? If you do, you should get different teams (or at least somewhat different) each time you reload. Worked for me. Try saving a couple of days before the reset date. 

So if the German league reset date is June 30th would you say I should save it on say 27th June and then if I reload from that point it will give me different teams each time ?

2 hours ago, enigmatic said:

A lot of newly promoted German clubs have good facilities and you'll get plenty of money when you get promoted the second tier. But your kids come through in their early teens and can't play until they're 17, so in that respect it's a bit annoying for a youth challenge (especially if you get a prospect who's as good as your first teamers) and so you'd have to rely on your original players for a while. Plus as you seem to have spotted, there's some crazily good teams in Italy

I didn't know that, good to know, have I got it wrong in thinking that I have to pick a team promoted to Seria C or is that right, I assumed I had to pick a newly promoted Seria C team and not a team already in Seria C. I thought it would be a team promoted from Seria D.

23 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

So if the German league reset date is June 30th would you say I should save it on say 27th June and then if I reload from that point it will give me different teams each time ?

Yes, that worked for me. I started this challenge originally in the German league (before deciding to try it in Spain instead). I think i went on holiday until 27th or 28th of June, saved and went on from there. New teams appeared everytime i did it (with the best ones coming each time). 

Yeah it worked mate, I decided to try it with Aachen as they have 30k stadium and have good training and youth facilities but the problem you have in Germany as someone stated you can't play many young players and my squad is bare, I have a few greyed out players and barely any players who can play in the positions I need.

I am just doing it a tester to see how it works and might start it properly with a French or Spanish team and then start posting updates on here.

image.png.bd9dbdf2810c7bc4798f3312fd069399.png
FC Rot-Weiß Erfurt
Season 2031/2032

Erfurt news:
- manager contract to 30.06.2034
- training facilities upgrade finished
- youth training facilities upgrade finished
- after season we moved to new stadium with 27,359 seats (24,534 seats)
---
Transfers: [Transfers]
    sold few players who gained their max potential, decided to put in 1st team younger players with lower abilities but higher potential. Will continue this idea,
    +7,25M Kevin Majewski (MR) 118 apps 21 gls
    +1,50M Nicolas Wollitz (MR/FC) 161 apps 41 gls
    +1,00M Henrik Meier (ML) 98 apps 30 gls
---
Finances: balance +113M
    +75M reward for 8th position table
    -5,5M training facilities upgrade
    -6,0M youth training facilities upgrade
---
Tactic: 4-4-1-1
---
League: rules - players under 17yo not allowed to play
predicted 17th - odds 1001.00
position 8th [table]
We were strong middle-table team, initially we lost EL qualification by 5 points but...we were qualified because 7th place Borussia Dortmund failed to gain license due to financial reasons.
---
Cup:
Great run, finished in the final where we were much worse than oponent, Stuttgart finished 4th in the league.
1st r. - won A[10-0] with Vfl Oldenburg (non-league)
2nd r. - won A[3-1] with TSV 1860 München (2.Bundesliga)
3rd r. - won A[4-0] with Hannover 96 (2.Bundesliga)
4th r. - won H[1-0] with VfL Wolfsburg (Bundesliga) after extra time
SF - won A[3-2] with Hertha Berlin (Bundesliga)
F - lost N[0-3] with VfB Stuttgart (Bundesliga)
---
Intake:
Few decent players, Damian Scheu (MC) looks very promising with 20 determination and driven personality.
[intake] - [Sebastian Kraus] - [Damian Scheu] - [Kevin Andresen]
---
Stats:
Top goalscorer: Cristian Matera (FC)  - 12 goals - 21yo, 25/26.A
Most assists: Fabian Wähling (AMC) - 8 assists - 18yo, 27/28.B
Highest average rating: Daniel Backhaus (DL) - 7.28 - 22yo, 24/25.D
Most POM: Cristian Matera (FC)  - 3 - 21yo, 25/26.A
Best Youth: Fabian Wähling (AMC) - 7.10 - 18yo, 5th rating, 34m 7gls 8ass 2pom - 27/28.B

Season

League

Pos

Cup

Int.Cup

Top scorer

Top assists

Highest avg. rat.

TF

YF

JC

YR

Notes

2019/20

3.rd

3rd

-

-

A.Shala [15]

R.Gladrow [7]

M.Kaffenberger [7.33]

Average

Average

Average

Average

lost promotion in play-offs

2020/21

3.rd

4th

1st r.

-

D.Geurts [17]

T.Hasse [10]

N.Lorenzoni [7.34]

Average

Average

Average

Average

1 pt behind play-off

2021/22

3.rd

1st

2nd r.

-

J.Lewejohann [20]

D.Geurts [10]

R.Gladrow [7.43]

Average

Average

Average

Average

promotion!

2022/23

2.nd

15th

1st r.

-

R.Gladrow [15]

R.Stapelfeld [8]

L.Novy [7.20]

Average

Average

Good

Established

survived

2023/24

2.nd

12th

1st r.

-

R.Stapelfeld [12]

R.Stapelfeld [6]

R.Stapelfeld [7.25]

Good

Good

Excellent

Well established

safe position

2024/25

2.nd

14th

2nd r.

-

S.Wentzel [12]

N.Wollitz [7]

R.Stapelfeld [7.19]

Great

Great

Exceptional

Extensive

survived

2025/26

2.nd

5th

2nd r.

-

R.Stapelfeld [19]

R.Stapelfeld [8]

R.Stapelfeld [7.37]

Great

Great

Exceptional

Extensive

close to play-off spot

2026/27

2.nd

3rd

2nd r.

-

N.Wollitz [16]

J.Fitzner [16]

D.Strobel [7.37]

Excellent

Great

Exceptional

Extensive

promotion! after playoff

2027/28

1.st

15th

SF

-

L.Aicher [20]

K.Majewski [10]

H.Meier [7.33]

Excellent

Great

Exceptional

Extensive

survived

2028/29

1.st

7th

3rd r.

-

L.Aicher [21]

N.Wollitz [8]

L.Aicher [7.20]

Excellent

Excellent

Exceptional

Extensive

EL qualification

2029/30

1.st

12th

3rd r.

2nd r.

C.Matera [14]

H.Schneider [10]

D.Backhaus [7.18]

Excellent

Excellent

Exceptional

Extensive

middle table

2030/31

1.st

13th

2nd r.

-

L.Aicher [13]

L.Aicher [9]

V.Fuß [7.22]

Excellent

Superb

Exceptional

Extensive

middle table

2031/32

1.st

8th

F

-

C.Matera [12]

F.Wähling [8]

D.Backhaus [7.28]

Superb

State of art

Exceptional

Extensive

EL qualification

Edited by tomay

oppsal_if_fotball.gif?itok=TadLrAIH

Oppsal Season 2022 Report

Our aims for our fourth season were a top-half finish, potentially challenging for the playoffs as well as continued development of some key academy products. Here's how we went:

Cup- dominated lower league Drobak-Frogn in the first round before a disappointing performance at lower league Raufoss saw us lose in extra time. Not a great effort in the cup this year.

League- we finished in the exact same position as last year, but it we got there in a completely different way. We started out okay for the first quarter of the season before hitting an extremely bad patch, including 6 consecutive losses which saw us hovering in or just outside of the relegation places for most of the middle of the season before we finally found some form and propelled ourselves up into mid table, comfortably avoiding relegation with a game to spare.

Best players-

Top goalscorer: Pål Langåker 19A (18 goals) Our young Pal keeps getting better every year, racking up 4 more than his total last year. There has been some mild interest from bigger teams but no offers yet and I hope we can hold on to him for a little while more.

Most assists: Marcus Rosendal and Mats Paulsberg (6 assists) Good work from Rosendal again and Paulsberg, who actually played pretty badly until the last month or so of the season.

Highest avg rating: Tallak Bright-Taylor (7.07) 3 of the last 4 years, a centre back with 1.5* current ability (this year my Assman occasionally rated him at 2*) has had the highest average rating. It is unprecedented and incredible, this guy is becoming one of my all time favourite FM players. He is legitimately a club legend and the first name on the team sheet even though i considered releasing him when I started out! he ended up with 4 goals, 2 assists and 2 POM. He grabbed both assists in the same game and I had to grab a screenshot because the opposing manager stormed out of the press conference in anger when asked about it.

Most POM: Pål Langåker and  Jørgen Solvang Nilsen (3 POM) 

MVP: Tallak Bright-Taylor. Obviously.

Best U23 Player: Pål Langåker. I wouldn't be surprised if he wins this 4 more times.

Results Results 2 (no) Transfers

Academy Players that played over 1000 minutes this season:

Pål Langåker 19A (18 goals, 3 POM)

Stian Sollien 21A (3 assists)

Arve Granhaug 19B (1 goal, 1 assist, 1 POM)

Goals for next season are to be more consistent and finish mid table at the least, ideally top half. Additionally we need to keep developing our key youngsters and if we are doing okay in the league I would love a big cup run to boost our finances. We finished a youth facilities upgrade this year and are in the middle of upgrading training facilities. I am also in the process of getting my final coaching badge.

|         League        | Pos.  |   Cup       |  Europe    |  Top scorer     |  Top assists          |  Highest avg rating|     Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019   2nd Division       3rd      2nd Round        -         Bransdal(22)      Bransdal(8)             Bright-Taylor(7.41)     PROMOTION
2020   1st Division      11th      1st Round        -         Langåker(11)      Östman/Nilsen(7)        Bright-Taylor(7.06)     Survived
2021   1st Division       9th      3rd Round        -         Langåker(14)      Rosendal/Nilsen(6)      Kristiansen(7.20)       Mid Table
2022   1st Division       9th      2nd Round        -         Langåker(18)      Rosendal/Paulsberg(6)   Bright-Taylor(7.07)     Mid Table

Oppsal 2023 Youth Intake

Seems like deja-vu! the words 'golden generation' were again used to describe this intake but its still kind of underwhelming. Although there is a bit more to this one than last years.

mCIYUTM.png

The 2 best players are both central midfielders, which is not a very useful position as it is one of the few we already have depth and talented youngsters in. But oh well, here is Gustavsen who looks to be the best of them: 

g7CLSB0.png

And Knutsen who also looks pretty promising:

scff9qZ.png

It's time for me to join this challenge again

I've chosen to do this in Denmark with Boldklubben 1908 (B1908). It is actually the club were I kicked my first football back in the early 90's. 

Manager Profile

Facilities

The club is seeded to end up at 9th place, so hopefully we can stay out of the relegation battle.

Edited by Bubbles_DK

B1908 - Denmark season 1

b1908.jpeg.e80003137483d7cdbf729bf19057b570.jpeg

Manager Profile - League table - Facilities - Transfers

Danish Cup

Not much to report about because it was an early exit to Næstved from the division above us.

Danish 2. division

We started of like a dream with 5 wins with a 4-2-3-1 wide tactic. Then some bad matches witch almost broke the morale on team. Luckily we manage to turn things around with a combination of a 4-4-2 tactic at home and a 5-2-1-2 away. Very surprisingly our oppositions couldn't read our game, so we could call ourselves champions of the 2. division. The team was carried by Simon Sinkjær who scored some crucial goals and then there is this guy - Mikkel Knudstrup. He was an absolut monster on the left side, no matter the position.

Youth intake

We had a decent youth intake with a couple exiting talents. One guy was even ready for first team football right away.

Peter Nielsen Hartmann

We signed all youth candidates - hopefully there are some hidden potential in some of them.

Next season

Promotion came to early in my opinion, so it will be a long hard season to avoid relegation.

Hopefully we can earn some cash in the 1. division.

Pray for a decent winger in next YI.

Edited by Bubbles_DK

Well, things didn't go to plan. 4 years to get out of the bottom league and we looked to be doing enough to be safe but fell away at the end of the season and start season 6 right back where we started, at the bottom!! Frustrating to say the least, really need some money to increase the youth faculties or we are going to keep struggling for the next 5 years!

36EqapG.jpg

XaW - Kettering Town - 2032/33

KetteringTFC.png

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

After finishing just off the European spots last season the goal were set. Survival, of course! I don't have any other ambitions for this team for the time being. We have a lot of talented players, but there is quite the big gap between the best and the rest. And we really struggle when the best ones are injured or tired or out of form. We didn't sell anyone this summer, and we actually had a lot fewer offers this season around. I don't know if that is encouraging or not, but I'm happy to keep the players at any rate. When the season started we did pretty well, though we have to fight for all points we pick up. We did have some great results along the way though, back to back wins over Man Utd and Chelsea, but we also had some horrible results like losing to Blackburn at home. With so many young players still it's unavoidable that they swing up and down in form. Going into the final part of the season we were part of the fight for the Champions League spots. Manchester United and Arsenal had run a bit away from the pack, but we were part of the next group along Manchester City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Tottenham. Yeah, it's the normal bunch at the top. Everton, Southampton and Aston Villa were a bit off us, but they kept biting at our heels with every loss. In the end we finished in a very good 7th place qualifying for the Europa League next season. We were only 2 points off 3rd place though, so with a bit more luck we could have gotten into the CL spots.

In the FA Cup we lost away to Championship side MK Dons in the 3rd round. In the League cup we lost away to Charlton in the 2nd round. Not a good season for us in the cups this year.

A decent youth intake this season. The best seems to be Luke Bird 33a.

My son keeps being a part of the main squad and I try to give him as much time as I can afford. He is developing pretty well and are playing quite a bit for the Norway U21s.

S3ig6Nv.png

Bilderesultat for real jaen club de futbol

Real Jean FC

Season Update 2021-2022

After getting promotion the second season we went into La Liga 123 being tipped by the media to finish 21st out of 22 teams. That seemed like a fair assessment, but we had a young team (obviously) and plenty of potential to grow throughout the season. 

We had some difficult decicions to make at the start of the season. We dropped a couple of first team players as they were clearly not going to develop into top tier players, and it was a better decision to bring in some youngsters to give them an arena to develop. Our 16 year old defender Jose Manuel were brought up from the U-19's to replace club captain Javi Perez in the centre of defense. This proved to be a good decision and Manuel took massive steps throughout the season. Somewhat through the season we also dropped last seasons top goalscorer Antonio Lopez, and replaced him with 16 year old Sergi Garrido. He has massive potential, but is at the moment a very limited goal threat. 

But, on to the season: I expected a relegation battle and was naturally thrilled when we started the season with a 4-1 win at home to Pontevedra, another relegation candidate. We then picked up a couple of draws before getting on a really nice winning streak, winning 3 out of our next three teams. The team looked solid and it made me confident we would stay in the league. Our form took a dip when we lost 1-2 away to Cadiz, got knocked out of Copa Del Rey to 3rd level team Recreativo dee Huelva and then only picked up 2 wins from our next 7 matched (it was at this point we dropped Perez in defence and Lopez in attack. We needed some fresh blood!). 

Our form massively picked up and we went unbeaten for 13 matches! To be fair, a lot of them were draws, but we picked up some brilliant results, including a 4-0 win over Huesca, 3-1 away at Leganes, and a really strong 3-2 win over a very talented Barcelona B side. Again, we proved inconsistent. After this splendid run of form we really strugged at the end of the season. After sitting comfortably in the play off spot (two teams get promoted automatically, number 3-6 are qualified for play-off's, which excluded B-teams) things were looking very uncertain. Our last five league games of the season went WLLLD, a 2-2 draw against Alcoron in the last secured our spot in the play offs! 

I had no real hopes of winning the play offs, but with no injuries we would for sure have a go. We were up against 3rd placed CD Lugo. We had a loss and a win against them in the league stage, and even though they had finished 3rd I dont think they had that much talent. A very diciplined first game against them gave us a 2-0 win at home, a massive result. A 0-0 draw in the second leg saw us through to the two leg play off final against CD Numancia. They were favorites yes, but our first game was at home, and we had nothing to lose. I had replaced our young striker Garrido with Antonio Lopez for the play off matches, but as in the start of the season he wasnt giving me anything. Back in with Garrido, a lone striker that had provided 1 league goal in 25 matches so far.... Well, he made up for it..

We beat Numancia 8-1 in the first play off final.... 16 year old Sergi Garrido grabbed a hat trick, and our star player Jorge Vela scored 5 goals.. from right wing.. ending the match on a 10.0 rating...

1-1 in the return leg. Real Jean FC had gone back-to-back to win promotion to La Liga!!! 

How we will survive, I dont know. I wrote in my previous update it would be hard to stay in the 2nd tier. That seems rather strange now, but this time it will be different. I dont see us staying in the league, I honestly dont see us taking any points? My only hope is that Real Sporting and Valladolid, who is also going up, end up struggling badly as well, and that might be my only hope. But it doesnt really matter as this will give me a massive financial boost. But what if we lose our first 15 games and the board gets anxious? We will see... 

Comprehensive screenshots of the season, including several players: 

12.thumb.jpg.ada340f4575bc1f937f23a53ebca4843.jpg13.thumb.jpg.ba227d92b192a866ac1cf89e90b7ba8c.jpg15.thumb.jpg.54f03d9c24def6be6b4e99b66e7c114e.jpg23.thumb.jpg.d20a054738ecfd1b9c170b7058f5b4da.jpg14.thumb.jpg.2de8dbf85357e0cfe4d1a9168e8376a2.jpg

16.thumb.jpg.1ddf88bbc50792179aa1bc9dd1c387c0.jpg17.thumb.jpg.8f9ee031f8741dffa1253f01532ff37b.jpg18.thumb.jpg.919fa20fd93044bfa52a013b940eb1c2.jpg19.thumb.jpg.7bfc1d0bdb258c831d916daf7661d78e.jpg

20.thumb.jpg.aae40416070102c581668ec2eef84682.jpg21.thumb.jpg.03824d81fb064d9684d5fc3218bd7b86.jpg22.thumb.jpg.77d5e3ce52be12eaf469a1413f1d7fe0.jpg24.thumb.jpg.809b560b35f7655ecd5efcf485e0201e.jpg

Season	|   League                   |  Position |  Copa Del Rey       |   Europe   |   Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20	|   Segunda Division B       |  9th      |  2ns round          |   N/A	    |   Okay start up season
2020/21	|   Segunda Division B       |  2nd      |  3rd round          |   N/A	    |   Promoted through play off
2021/22	|   La Liga 123              |  7th      |  3rd round          |   N/A	    |   Promoted through play off, back-to-back

A Kettering legend have left us.

39KYZgm.png

Ethan Davis 21e have been with us for 13 season and played as far back as the regional leagues. His record for us stopped at 356 league games where he scored a total of 180 league goals.

j4HQvLb.png

I would have been happy to keep him at the club as a backup, but he wanted a new challenge and felt he had done everything he could at the club. I'm sad to see him leave, but we have better players and better youngsters coming through. Good luck Ethan!

Kettering%20Town_zps1esi78fp.gif

Kettering Town 2033/34

League Table   Squad 1/Squad 2   Overall Best XI

Our first season in the championship was much more comfortable than I was expecting, we started off pretty well and looked on course for a top half finish for much of the season. Unfortunately we had a terrible end to the season and slipped down to a 16th place finish (W14 D16 L16). 2nd and 3rd round exits in the Carabao and FA Cup respectively was a disappointment. Again, our defence were fairly solid but we only managed 45 goals in the 46 league games, our top scoring forward scored a measly 6 goals, fortunately enough goals came from the wings and midfield. Mark Bennett 28a has become Mr Reliable at LB, despite his average stats. Danny Tunnicliffe 26a is one of the best keepers in the league and Luke King 25e continues to be solid in the middle of the park. 

Youth Intake -  Luke Rumens is the big one for this year as we need some potential fire power from somewhere, also nice to have a poacher/advanced forward rather than the usual pressing forwards I get. Adam Cooke is one of two good LB prospects, his base stats look very solid.

The end of the season saw us taken over and the new owner seems willing to spend some money and he's also indicated his desire to improve the youth facilities which is promising.

A very positive season overall, just need to find some goals from somewhere, got 3 or 4 players that look ready for next season so will chuck them in at the deep end and see how they get on.

An enthusiastic start of the season update from me. After a pre season of trying to improve the coaching staff and train as hard as possible, we started La Liga Santander away to Espanyol. After 36 minutes, we were 2-0 down.. welcome to the big league.. But after 69 minutes we pulled one back, and with the last kick of the game our star winger Jorge Vela smashed in the equaliser! 2-2! 

First home game at our massive 12,569 capacity Nuevo La Victoria Stadium :D. Against Valencia. 

Our inverted wing back Felipe Alfonso becomes the match winner, scoring with a screamer from 23 yards out!! We beat Valencia, about as undeserved as you could imagine. The chances they had were outrageous at the end! But this guy kept a clean sheet (for some reason..). Our coaches thinks he is really good. For the 3rd division that is....

26.thumb.jpg.d76f6704a562d7a53ccdf1afbfb39113.jpg

We will enjoy this view for as long as we can. It will surely not last...

25.thumb.jpg.1afcf400396afd70fa683410fadca72a.jpg

Chemnitzer FC - 2019/2020 Season

150px-Chemnitzer_FC_Logo_svg.png.d8e332accaab2231732f727c3824ddbf.png

Table I SquadFinancesTransfers

A decent first season but the main focus was getting financially healthy. We had a $ 3,5M balance at the start of the season but were just leaking money every month. This made me decide to unload some big contracts during the winter break. Our best striker (Frahn) and central defender (Hoheneder) were sold to lower the monthly salary bill. Both stars were 32+ and wouldn't have a long term future at the club either way. This decision squashed our chances of getting promoted though.

Tagged players

Nick Sebastian

Chris Seydler

Rene Czempik

Three good prospects came out of our youth farm but players younger than 17 are not allowed to play in the 3. Liga. This will be the biggest obstacle to overcome as it will take another 2 seasons to get these players available. This rule does not apply to the 2. Liga so promotion is vital. Any request for an upgrade regarding the youth farm has been denied because of the financial situation.The balance between our financial situation, staff hiring, facilities upgrades, promotion and aging players will be a difficult one.

The board also decided to sell two promising youngsters (5 star potential). A great way to start this challagenge.

Goals for next season

• Lower salary cost and stop leaking money
  • Try to convince to board to permit at least one facility upgrade
  • Mid-table finish

Overview.png

Edited by Miek

@Miek in all German leagues players under 17 can't play. Save money, for better facilities you need to pay higher upkeep. Take HoyD whos favourite formaton suits your tactic to get players for positions you need.
Good luck next season!

Edited by tomay

Oppsal Season 2023 Report

I have sped through another season with Oppsal but this one was basically a disaster. We met none of my goals for this year and appear to be going backwards as a club.

Cup- Terrible performance to lose 3-2 to lower league Kvik Halden in the 1st round.

League- We started with 2 wins, then our best player and talismanic striker Pål Langåker 19A got a cruciate injury which knocked him out for the rest of the season. I knew this was terrible news but thought we were still a good chance to stay up without him. I was wrong as we showed this team is just not good enough for this league. Every game we would have 10+ percent higher possession and 3-4 more good chances but just couldn't win. Our strikers consisted of 3 incredibly inconsistent players who all went on huge goal droughts and lengthy spells out for injury and our defence continues to let in massive amounts of goals. We managed to scrape into 3rd last, meaning we faced a relegation playoff against Moss from the league below. A 1-1 draw in the away leg was encouraging before a narrow 3-2 loss at home. This game was pretty infuriating as they scored two absolute screamers from 30 yards out while we had 5 clear/half chances to their 1. It wasn't meant to be I guess and back down we go.

Best players-

Top goalscorer: Lasse Bransdal (9 goals) Our ageing, injury prone and incredibly inconsistent striker managed to score a few this year in a lot of game time.

Most assists: Jørgen Solvang Nilsen (5 assists) A bright spot in a bad season, this guy performed to a pretty high standard.

Highest avg rating: Jørgen Solvang Nilsen (7.08) Good effort from our ball winning midfielder

Most POM: Tallak Bright-Taylor (3 POM) Our beloved CB did his best this season, however it was his poorest to date. Still miles better than the utter disappointment of any other centre backs we tried this year.

MVP: Jørgen Solvang Nilsen

Best U23 Player: Arve Granhaug 19B. The young CM has cemented a place in the first team and is developing pretty well, hopefully that continues.

Results Results 2 (no) Transfers

Academy Players that played over 1000 minutes this season:

Stian Sollien 21A (3 assists, most minutes played overall in squad)

Arve Granhaug 19B (1 goal, 1 assist)

The goal for next season, provided I keep my job, is ideally to come straight back up. I am going to take the opportunity to move on 3-4 old, low determination players and further intensify our efforts to give youngsters game time. The positives to take from the last few seasons are improved finances, reputation and facilities so with that I hope we should be able to bounce back next year.

|         League        | Pos.  |   Cup       |  Europe    |  Top scorer     |  Top assists          |  Highest avg rating|     Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019   2nd Division       3rd      2nd Round        -         Bransdal(22)      Bransdal(8)             Bright-Taylor(7.41)     PROMOTION
2020   1st Division      11th      1st Round        -         Langåker(11)      Östman/Nilsen(7)        Bright-Taylor(7.06)     Survived
2021   1st Division       9th      3rd Round        -         Langåker(14)      Rosendal/Nilsen(6)      Kristiansen(7.20)       Mid Table
2022   1st Division       9th      2nd Round        -         Langåker(18)      Rosendal/Paulsberg(6)   Bright-Taylor(7.07)     Mid Table
2023   1st Division      14th      1st Round        -         Bransdal(9)       Nilsen(5)               Nilsen(7.08)            Relegated