Group E round 3 - Serbia vs Brazil and Switzerland vs Costa Rica

PMLF

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, daylight said:

The problem with Brazil is they have Neymar and he has to get the ball, back in the day the Brazil side were all Neymar!  :D 

We had Pelé though who was 100 times the footballer Neymar is. He did play alongside Garrincha though who is our second best player ever,

1 minute ago, Nordan said:

Not Italy.

True that, if you didn't think Claudio Gentile breaking opposing striker legs was the height of entertainment. The most brutal butcher in football ever. 

Just now, daylight said:

I'm old, I'm not that ****ing old!

Shame!

Anyway, the team from the 1980s won nothing, Brazil only returned to wins after playing in a more boring and pragmatic way.

Just now, PMLF said:

Shame!

Anyway, the team from the 1980s won nothing, Brazil only returned to wins after playing in a more boring and pragmatic way.

The 1994 team was brilliant and successful. Romario really could score from anything.

4 minutes ago, daylight said:

The problem with Brazil is they have Neymar and he has to get the ball, back in the day the Brazil side were all Neymar!  :D 

No they weren't, no one has the ego of this guy

He can't even just play a simple pass that let's the team built momentum going forward, he has to stop, try and get his YouTube moment, then plays it backwards when there's nothing he can do 

Just now, Thengil said:

The 1994 team was brilliant and successful. Romario really could score from anything.

It was hardly a beautiful style though and people at the time said it was boring, same with 2002. 

But nowadays both teams are remembered through rose tinted glasses, exactly because they were successful and had such brilliant players.

2 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Commentator talking about how there's apparently a pub in Brazil that where everyone gets a free drink whenever Neymar dives.

They must be hammered by now.

Surely they have no booze left from after the last match.

2 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Commentator talking about how there's apparently a pub in Brazil that where everyone gets a free drink whenever Neymar dives.

They must be hammered by now.

Yes, they started this today.

7 minutes ago, Barry Cartman said:

No they weren't, no one has the ego of this guy

He can't even just play a simple pass that let's the team built momentum going forward, he has to stop, try and get his YouTube moment, then plays it backwards when there's nothing he can do 

It was more about how much skill they had, I don't remember any of the players back then acting how Neymar does.

Just now, daylight said:

It was more about how much skill they had, I don't remember any of the players back then acting how Neymar does.

I remember Bebeto casually jogging back for a defensive free kick and Dunga nearly killing him for being lazy. So at least that guy had a bit of an attitude.

Part of me is pleased that every team has now scored at the World Cup.

Part of me is annoyed that Costa Rica have wrecked my prediction. I had double points on a 3-0 Swiss win in FIFA's prediction game.

Archived