The New FMCU General Discussion Thread

deltablue

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, DaneBramage said:

No, I think that's probably done. A couple of bad job choices kind of ruined my enthusiasm for it, then reading all the stories on here made me want to move on to FM20 sooner rather than later.

Shame. That's probably been my favourite save this year

18 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

Shame. That's probably been my favourite save this year

That's nice to hear, thanks. Shame I couldn't get closer to overhauling him.

I'm sure once I've got more to grips with the new version I'll have something going on again. In the meantime I do have a project I've been thinking about for a while in the CSE Forum.

46 minutes ago, deez0r said:

Struggling to get into a game since my Burton game was ruined by a bug on an edited database. Someone hit me up with some inspiration for a new save!

FC Metz. History of producing very good players. Also their current squad is pretty decent with Diallo being the main man there. Also you can sign loads of good cheap French and African players and build a dynasty.

Just a quick question. I'm on a save with a LLM Team from Germany, i'm currently in Bundesliga, and I did became professional way back in the 3. Bundesliga, it's been 6/7 years since. When does the invitation for my under 19 play in the official league?

7 minutes ago, DSousa06 said:

Just a quick question. I'm on a save with a LLM Team from Germany, i'm currently in Bundesliga, and I did became professional way back in the 3. Bundesliga, it's been 6/7 years since. When does the invitation for my under 19 play in the official league?

do you not get one every year just before the season end/start date?

On 14/09/2020 at 09:54, deez0r said:

Struggling to get into a game since my Burton game was ruined by a bug on an edited database. Someone hit me up with some inspiration for a new save!

You need a hook. 

Who do you support and why? 

What do you like seeing in real football? 

Who is your favourite Manager/Player and why? 

Have you ever wanted to go on holiday somewhere and do they have an interesting football team? 

Where are your family from historically? Anything interesting there? 

15 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

You need a hook. 

Who do you support and why? 

What do you like seeing in real football? 

Who is your favourite Manager/Player and why? 

Have you ever wanted to go on holiday somewhere and do they have an interesting football team? 

Where are your family from historically? Anything interesting there? 

I really enjoyed my Burton Albion save so stuck with the Albion theme and I am managing Albion Rovers. You will be delighted to hear I am doing the goalscoring GK again! :)

2 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

New stadium needed. May 2051

11204f2853ecfbf4c5ae1340840c5ad1.png

Well this isn't ideal.

Our capacity is currently 10,650 and it needs to be 12,500 to meet the Premier League requirements. The fact that we haven't had a message telling me that our stadium is being expanded suggests that we have already reached the ceiling. 

c93fca2e683aeecb6727fb5ac9734bd5.png

The stadium was built in..... I don't know actually. Let me go and have a look. It's not east to find the stadium now that we aren't playing there. 

The stadium was built in 2041 which means we can't build a new one until 2066. I don't think we are going to get there. :lol:

On the plus side, I notice that we CAN play in European competition at this stadium though and I would rather play here in a smaller stadium than play at MK, (assuming we ever get to Europe of course). 

82d6fd033a2e3db00065641d1d3168e9.png

I'm hoping that our U23's and U18's still play here otherwise the stadium isn't going to be used at all. 

You are in the wrong thread mate. :D

13 hours ago, rodesire said:

just lost 4 hours of progress as I accidentally fired my best player on semi-pro contract and I hadn't saved 2 months worth of gameplay :mad: 

I would have just played on and taken it on the nose. It's not as if he will be your best player for long and let's be honest you have another 16 arriving just round the next corner. :lol:

You need to think of #YouthOnly differently. A single incident or  loss or transfer really doesn't make any difference. It's all about the long game. 

Whoever this bloke is, he will be little more than a footnote in a few seasons time.  I wouldn't have lost the 2 months gameplay. 

6 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I would have just played on and taken it on the nose. It's not as if he will be your best player for long and let's be honest you have another 16 arriving just round the next corner. :lol:

You need to think of #YouthOnly differently. A single incident or  loss or transfer really doesn't make any difference. It's all about the long game. 

Whoever this bloke is, he will be little more than a footnote in a few seasons time.  I wouldn't have lost the 2 months gameplay. 

I 100% disagree with you on this one.

We had just been promoted to 2nd tier and he was 5* CA striker and I had a total of 3 strikers left in the whole club with CA/PA of 1/3.5, 1.5/4, 2/3. 

He was also coveted by upper division clubs, so the plan was to sell+loan back and hopefully we'd then make money down the line for future sales.

I also play in Switzerland, so my intakes arrive after the registration window, so I'd be my best player short for a full year.

My youth intakes have dried up too last couple of years and it's a bit tough going professional with 700pw min salary and 4.5kpw wage budget

46 minutes ago, rodesire said:

I 100% disagree with you on this one.

We had just been promoted to 2nd tier and he was 5* CA striker and I had a total of 3 strikers left in the whole club with CA/PA of 1/3.5, 1.5/4, 2/3. 

He was also coveted by upper division clubs, so the plan was to sell+loan back and hopefully we'd then make money down the line for future sales.

I also play in Switzerland, so my intakes arrive after the registration window, so I'd be my best player short for a full year.

My youth intakes have dried up too last couple of years and it's a bit tough going professional with 700pw min salary and 4.5kpw wage budget

I completely get that, but it's just 1 season. 1 season in a Youth Only save is neither here nor there. 

A Legend Retires

I knew this day would come, the retirement of one of the most legendary players I've ever had in FM. He had been on my radar before i got him but we had such a small budget that I couldn't afford him. It was brilliant to be able to get him on a free though at the time we already had a long queue of forwards behind an established front pair I didn't want to discard too soon. He was actually a relatively rare example of a player who I agreed to give more playing time to on request and I'm glad I did. It was actually on the wing (where there was more of a vacancy for a top quality player) where he shone, especially when I switched the position from the left (where the other wide players at the time played) where he was still 'competent' to the right, where he was 'accomplished'. Once he hit his stride he was one of our most invaluable and consistent players, helped by being our main set-piece taker as well.

No one else stood a chance of competing with him for the position, especially once my current France international El Amrani only gradually grew into the role of a mostly reliable (though unspectacular) alternative. Despite his own grumblings about wanting more action. One of the reasons why I was pondering when I'd leave Schalke for a while was that once he declined and retired, we'd inevitably be weaker and I wanted to go out before it happened. As it turned out he had 3 more years after I left (switching position to go up front as the new manager discarded the wingers) and keeping the long run of titles going, including another Champions League win. Only a penalty shootout defeat to AC Milan prevented him from bowing out with a personal 3rd European title and the club's 5th (as the game is discounting a couple of finals he had to miss, while otherwise still having been an established player).

He still ends his career with 13 Bundesliga titles, the Champions League wins I already mentioned, a Europa League win, plenty of German Cups (again even discounting finals he didn't play in) alongside 3 Gold Cups and a Confederations Cup with Mexico (with 137 goals in 162 appearances). It's a shame he never won WPOTY though he did come close on a handful of occasions. Overall he got 251 goals in 662 matches* for the club, and probably at least as many assists (300 wouldn't be too far off) judging by his league records (the game has moved on to after he retired so I can't add them up season by season at this point as I hoped, the overall goals and appearences coming from the Overall Best XI screen) with an average rating of 7.59.

*For some reason the Bio credits him with 672, 10 more appearances than the Best XI.

Martinez79a.thumb.jpg.df4f540cda03ec0cc9b12a38f369b864.jpg

Martinez79b.thumb.jpg.03d655aef37a2da3ec44f40c5dfce02e.jpg

Martinez79c.thumb.jpg.8a2bf8ba5028062d5852e519e5eb5b54.jpg

4 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

@deltablueEvery time I see your updates it reminds me of my FM14 San Marino save because of the facegen quality. :applause:

Martinez would never last to 37 in FM20. His physical stats would fall off a cliff now. He's still looking decent at 37. :thup:

Well his physical stats have declined quite a bit but they were really high to begin with at his peak (all between 16 and 20). His pace is certainly noticable as I wouldn't have been able to use him out wide if it had been anywhere near that low. Here is a screenshot of him at 25 (just before I finished my thread) to compare...

Martinez67.thumb.jpg.9c37fa6e537237c7abc632e749a26af3.jpg

It's hard to believe in hindsight that when he first arrived I wasn't sure what to do with him. Then again although he was 'already' 20 he still ended up being able to develop quite a lot (from comparing the above screenshot to his 'baby pic'), much more than I usually assume a player can when they hit that age. He still looked pretty good to be sure but seemed like he'd struggle to stand out with the heavy competition we'd have to be our long-term forward options (and the established players being too good to try and replace in the short-term). One of the star forwards of the same team actually left on a free transfer because his path had been blocked before then before I re-signed him the year afterwards (and he ended up being fantastic) once the door finally opened for him. It was really being used out wide (where we needed a quality player a lot more) that made his career I think. It helped that he was just an incredible all-round player, which may not have been so evident early on.

2 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Is there anyone who has never been sacked? 

I still have flashbacks to my Regensburg save. 

[shudders]

My worst one was getting sacked 3 days after winning Champions League as a Russian club as I was P6 in the league with 4 games in hand on everyone after 12 rounds.

5 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I still have flashbacks to my Regensburg save. 

[shudders]

I was about to say I've never been sacked in a single club save (had a few in multiple club saves).

Then I remembered Staines.

I'd nearly got over it :(

9 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I have lost count how many times I have been sacked, sometimes for being rubbish and other times for showing too much interest in other jobs.

Can't get sacked in my current save though as I have TJvnru.jpg

Only using that because it is a one club save and I want to go through all the Highs & Lows with my club.

I need to get another career/journeyman save going sometime as it has been quite a while since I had a good save like that.

Edited by Maw74

2 hours ago, Maw74 said:

I have lost count how many times I have been sacked, sometimes for being rubbish and other times for showing too much interest in other jobs.

Can't get sacked in my current save though as I have TJvnru.jpg

Only using that because it is a one club save and I want to go through all the Highs & Lows with my club.

I need to get another career/journeyman save going sometime as it has been quite a while since I had a good save like that.

Despite the fact that being sacked is just so...... final, :lol: I do actually really like the fact that it's a real possibility if you are rubbish. 

When I got sacked as Manager of Regensburg, (I find it hard to talk about it even now), :lol: it was fair enough really. 

When @dafugecommented about his Staines sacking, (sorry, I mean Staines :mad:), I think he had taken them to the Premier League or something, the club had gone through a takeover and the new board just binned him immediately. :eek: That's not funny at all, (even now 6 or 8 real years later). 

Most of the time, sackings are a good thing. If it was too easy, we wouldn't love it. 

25 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Despite the fact that being sacked is just so...... final, :lol: I do actually really like the fact that it's a real possibility if you are rubbish. 

When I got sacked as Manager of Regensburg, (I find it hard to talk about it even now), :lol: it was fair enough really. 

When @dafugecommented about his Staines sacking, (sorry, I mean Staines :mad:), I think he had taken them to the Premier League or something, the club had gone through a takeover and the new board just binned him immediately. :eek: That's not funny at all, (even now 6 or 8 real years later). 

Most of the time, sackings are a good thing. If it was too easy, we wouldn't love it. 

Yeah, I don't mind being sacked (well sometimes if it is harsh I do obviously), it's part of football anyway, and sometimes my manager skills just stink, yeah that Staines sacking would suck, from what I have seen of Dafuge that is the only silly way that guy would get sacked, since I joined this forum his updates make it look so easy lol.

That Facebook post just made me laugh, clearly just wanted to rile people, some might find it easy, it all depends how you play it anyway, in my current save I only have the "No Sacking" for the reason I stated, it's about the club as much as the manager, just want both to go on a long journey together and helps keep overall history better.

I will have to get a career game going, see how many times I do get sacked lol

EDIT... I also mentioned highs and lows.......

Well.......... my latest low.

RN4y7O.jpg

Season 7 - 2025/2026

HERE WE GO!

iWxrKS.jpg

C28VZM.jpg

Can we do it?

EDIT...What a start!!!

06UIk2.jpg

Andersen makes it 1-0 to Maws Boys!

It got even better.......but then just before half time, we let them back in.

poEoj4.jpg

EQSFi9.jpg4vclm6.jpg

Well done Scully :applause:

XZZCO8.jpg

What a stupid headline though.:eek:

6aLEsb.jpg

He has broken ribs, out for 2/3 months.

Edited by Maw74

7029dc398d7988b3134a043388565254.png

This is the second time someone has been upset about a promise not being fulfilled, when it's something I've known nothing about. It's not something I've agreed, and there's nothing in his conversation history. He's a regular in the first team, so he's important for my plans and I don't know why he'd want to go out.

So presumably someone else has made this promise to him. Anyone have any idea where this would fall under in staff responsibilities?

43 minutes ago, DaneBramage said:

7029dc398d7988b3134a043388565254.png

This is the second time someone has been upset about a promise not being fulfilled, when it's something I've known nothing about. It's not something I've agreed, and there's nothing in his conversation history. He's a regular in the first team, so he's important for my plans and I don't know why he'd want to go out.

So presumably someone else has made this promise to him. Anyone have any idea where this would fall under in staff responsibilities?

on fm18 it's here

624090_20200926222541_1.thumb.png.514eab025f1ba9f85fd8d02161a8e367.png