Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dafuge said:

Copy and paste works well.

Just right click and copy the image from the hosting site, then paste it into your post.

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried that and it doesn't seem to be working. I've uploaded two images to Imgur but when I right click and 'copy image', I just get an empty box with a ? in it in my post on here and they don't actually show up on the page.

I must be doing something wrong but can't work out what!

EDIT: I've found that right clicking and pressing post, rather than ctrl+v is pasting the images into my post. However, when I confirm the edit, they don't actually show in my thread?

EDIT EDIT: It seems it's now working after I switched from Safari to Chrome...

I must be doing something wrong still. I managed to update the first post in my thread with the images by copying and pasting the images on Chrome. 

However, I tried to post another and the images just won't paste into the text box.

I'm using imgur - are there any other more reliable ways to embed images? It used to be so simple...

EDIT: Now I'm trying the tags again and it seems to be working! Please ignore me guys, I've no idea what I'm doing :D

Didn't do a career thread for FM16 but going to do one for FM17 once the full game comes out.

I'm trying to decide between a Nordic career where I have to win every trophy available across Iceland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland; or a similar one but across Eastern Europe.

The latter of course gives me a lot more different nations to play in, but reduced leagues (max 2, I think, in each, compared to 3 in two of the Nordics and 4 in Sweden).  Also I have to play in Russia which I hate doing.  They do however largely follow the August-May pattern, which isn't the case in the Nordics, and useful for European adventures.  Any thoughts?

Decided to wait it out until some editor files become available before getting stuck into a long term save. Always had a thing for Scandanavia so might start a career there this time. Currently simming through a season with the top nations loaded and playable (down to their lowest league) and really surprised at how quickly the game is running on my laptop, so much quicker than FM16. Could hopefully set us up for some longer term games than usual

31 minutes ago, Crispypaul said:

What do people use for uploading screenshots?  I've used photobucket in the past but wondering if there were any better ones around

Me too. 

I actually like the way that photobucket works, but they are an absolute shambles at the moment. 

The problem is that I have got years of FM pics stored there. 

What's the problem with Photobucket? It seems you can even copy the original uploaded image and copy it here for a condensed version, or click the zoom in button and copy that image to post the full one here.

I trust this forum more than General Discussion and I'd like to ask how people are finding FM17.

My Northampton career write up hit a dead end when I got overly frustrated with the lack of consistency of my team. I'd beat the better teams and lose to those struggling. I lost again to a team near the bottom of the league and decided I'd had enough. It never matters what I say, they just perform badly and we lose. I've thus had no desire to play. I should update my thread really.

It is something that has annoyed me for a few years now, but some of the features Miles spoke about in FM17 gave me hope that it might be different for 17. Are there more tools to gauge player morale and reasons why players might respond as they do or feel the way they do? I got the impressions FM17 gave you more help from your coaching team to allow you to better man manage.

I must say the Steam reviews for FM17 are alarming, but I hope that's just symptomatic of the dreadful steam community than it is a good judge of the quality of FM17.

51 minutes ago, anagain said:

I must say the Steam reviews for FM17 are alarming, but I hope that's just symptomatic of the dreadful steam community than it is a good judge of the quality of FM17.

That's due to a campaign by some Chinese reviewers frustrated it doesn't come with a Simplified Chinese translation, which Miles had apparently alluded to way back in 2011:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-10-31-football-manager-trashed-on-steam-by-angry-chinese-fans

2 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

I had a quick look at the steam reviews, saw one lad complaining because he *could* import his tactics from 16, and nope'd my arse out of there.

That guy also said "he could import his graphics", which has happened in every iteration as far as I could remember.  

One review is simply "Goalkeepers might as well not exist".  As usual most negative reviews (ignoring the Chinese issue) are from people who are moaning at how **** they are.

The game was not out on time, unable to download the full features allthought it is paid and licenced 20 days ago, 30 min after the 'official' release and still it is not available on steam.

Yep, a negative review as he couldn't download it 30 mins after full release.  Madness.

I understand that this game is in beta atm, but damn! This game is so f*cking buggy & its legit impossible to win matches with top class teams!

:seagull:

1 hour ago, anagain said:

I trust this forum more than General Discussion and I'd like to ask how people are finding FM17.

My Northampton career write up hit a dead end when I got overly frustrated with the lack of consistency of my team. I'd beat the better teams and lose to those struggling. I lost again to a team near the bottom of the league and decided I'd had enough. It never matters what I say, they just perform badly and we lose. I've thus had no desire to play. I should update my thread really.

It is something that has annoyed me for a few years now, but some of the features Miles spoke about in FM17 gave me hope that it might be different for 17. Are there more tools to gauge player morale and reasons why players might respond as they do or feel the way they do? I got the impressions FM17 gave you more help from your coaching team to allow you to better man manage.

I'm very much enjoying it. But only you can decide.

8 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Gyazo is fantastic.

8 hours ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

I also use gyazo, very good and very simple.

HI guys.

Photoshamblesbucket is still down so I am having a go with Gyazo.

I have worked out how to directly post links, but I can't work out how to embed them. None of the options seem to work when embedded. 

Any suggestions?

17 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

HI guys.

Photoshamblesbucket is still down so I am having a go with Gyazo.

I have worked out how to directly post links, but I can't work out how to embed them. None of the options seem to work when embedded. 

Any suggestions?

What I've always done is just right click the image and select "show image", then just paste the address into here and it converts it automatically.

11 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

What I've always done is just right click the image and select "show image", then just paste the address into here and it converts it automatically.

I've just tried that and it works fine.

I didn't think to try that because I've used Photoshambles for as long as I can remember and it needs a different link for direct images and another for embedded links. 

Thanks. :thup:

Just now, Jimbokav1971 said:

I've just tried that and it works fine.

I didn't think to try that because I've used Photoshambles for as long as I can remember and it needs a different link for direct images and another for embedded links. 

Thanks. :thup:

Glad to help! :)

You lads are all playing newer versions than me, so wondered if you can answer a question.

The transfer window is open, and I have agreed and confirmed a deal to sign a player on a Bosman deal for the next transfer window (in this case, the player will join in January.) Considering the other club are set to lose him for nothing, can they negotiate a fee with the new club (me) to take him in the current window? 

Just curious.

33 minutes ago, withnail316 said:

You lads are all playing newer versions than me, so wondered if you can answer a question.

The transfer window is open, and I have agreed and confirmed a deal to sign a player on a Bosman deal for the next transfer window (in this case, the player will join in January.) Considering the other club are set to lose him for nothing, can they negotiate a fee with the new club (me) to take him in the current window? 

Just curious.

In the newer games? Yes, if they do, you'll have a "Buy Now" button available. No idea about 13, mind.

Debating whether to do a career on here with Chelmsford or with a new nation, making them better and slowly go up the rankings. Not down the latter, thinking maybe a Carribbean Island? 

Tempted by Estonia. European and lots of potential to improve. Not as hard as others but still a challenge. Think If I load it, I'll add Germany's top Division, England's top two divisions and Lithuania/Latvia.

Bloomin hell. Civ VI is hard work. :lol: Barbarians! :mad:

The whole game reminds me of another game I used to play, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was......

Ah yes. Football Manager 14 before I stopped scouting and buying players and even managing matches. It's all just a lot of hard work. I've come back to my Youth Only IR FM17 save in Iceland for a rest. (I basically just press continue lots and every so often I post on here about something obscure). :lol: 

Just want to "update/share" my career with you guys., as always i play with Sparta Prague. Just finished my 4th season with Sparta Prague. Won as expected the league and the cup, but i also won the Europe League! Proud moment for me that hehe. Maximiliano Romero is a beast in this game. It took some time before he started to be consistent but 35 goals 14 assists in 45 games for a 20/21 year old is not bad! Also a nice 9-8 aggregated victory against Villareal in the quarter finals.

Skjermbilde 2016-11-11 kl. 01.16.49.png

Skjermbilde 2016-11-11 kl. 01.30.44.png

Skjermbilde 2016-11-11 kl. 01.31.04.png

Skjermbilde 2016-11-11 kl. 01.33.27.png

Skjermbilde 2016-11-11 kl. 01.34.42.png

10 minutes ago, LPQR said:

@Llainen you seem to have an interesting story there, mate, why not start a thread to accommodate those updates? this thread is more for general discussion, technicalities, rants and so on ;) 

Thank you:) hmm maybe i will. haha oohh my bad!

On 13/11/2016 at 10:16, deltablue said:

The trouble with playing a bit of FM after coming back from the pub yesterday is that I've woken up this morning not 100% confident that I didn't imagine it, as 'dream' FM sessions have been known to happen.

Hi my friend i want to ask you something..I want to start a topic about my save but i need screenshots..Into game o i go im preferences and i click print screen then i havr 3 options printer,web page and text file whatever i choose when i upload them in forum i can find the file but is prety ugly..No colours and the screen isnt good..Please help me...

1 hour ago, Ropotas said:

Hi my friend i want to ask you something..I want to start a topic about my save but i need screenshots..Into game o i go im preferences and i click print screen then i havr 3 options printer,web page and text file whatever i choose when i upload them in forum i can find the file but is prety ugly..No colours and the screen isnt good..Please help me...

Just press the print screen button on your keyboard, it takes a screenshot of your screen at that moment and copies it. Then you paste it into Paint or something. Then upload it to a site like Photobucket or Imgur.

Anyone still playing older versions of the game?

I'm still hooked to FM15.  After I started a thread last year taking my beloved Chester FC up to the Premier League the save file corrupted and I lost everything!

Now I'm back on it, and back in League One, with a 2 legged play-off semi final with Rochdale!

1 hour ago, Our Al said:

Anyone still playing older versions of the game?

I'm still hooked to FM15.  After I started a thread last year taking my beloved Chester FC up to the Premier League the save file corrupted and I lost everything!

Now I'm back on it, and back in League One, with a 2 legged play-off semi final with Rochdale!

:ackter:

Archived