Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the thing. I really do struggle to manage abroad. Although saying that, my longest ever save ever has been in Indonesia. I still have that save as well. I want a career save, moving from club to club as time goes on with no restrictions. I just think I need to start in England to get myself into the save. My small career save last season for 15 was enjoyable one.

I always used to just play in England, either with Man Utd, or later Portsmouth and Millwall for some reason, before trying Stockport for a couple of versions. But I find the country totally tedious now with the very vanilla leagues and overpowering money situation. There really is way more fun to be had in other leagues.

After listening to you guys, I've decided to try again with a career save and I'm going to force myself into it. I have no issues if I never win anything or I constantly get sacked. I just want enjoyable save. Applied for a number of jobs and I've been successful in being offered them. So hopefully I'll cure my case of the NFs.

Just the straight 20 teams, 38 games format. Used fairly extensively all over the place, hence the "vanilla" part. I much prefer shorter leagues, or ones with slightly different formats to keep the interest.

Leagues splitting and playoffs to decide Europe places are daft. Positions should be decided on merit over a season, not one off games (or two).

Leagues splitting and playoffs to decide Europe places are daft. Positions should be decided on merit over a season, not one off games (or two).

By principle in real life I'd agree, but in FM some of the most fun seasons I've had were exactly in these conditions. Belgium's wacky league is great. Argentina's split league per year used to be fantastic fun (I mean the Apertura/Clausura system they had prior to their current weird ass 30 team league :eek: )

In your opinion. Since being introduced in Scotland, relegation play-offs have been a shot in the arm that the league needed. Combined with the split, it increases meaningful games at the end of the season for bottom half clubs.

But as noikee said, real life doesn't really come into it. In my opinion, straight x-game leagues are extremely boring, and I would much rather play in a league that has a slightly different system. To each their own.

Hey guys, I really need help as I have so many save ideas in my head and I have no idea which to choose! I've just bought a new PC which can run literally everything FM has the throw at it with these specs: 8497ad66a48656646b641ed295c62605.png

Now my ideas and thoughts are:

1. Twiddle my thumbs until the EEE database is released.

2. Do an Assassins' Creed based save managing clubs in the nations visited in the entire franchise of Assassins' Creed (Including spinoffs) I've looked into it a bit and I *think* I'd load 18 nations those being; Syria, Israel, Cyprus, Italy, Spain, Turkey, China, Cuba, Bonaire, Saint Lucia, Panama, Mexico, USA, Canada, France, India, England and Russia and maybe go through it in order as well.

3. Load up every 'out of the box' league in the game and every player (I think 318,000 players) Start unemployed and holiday a couple of months before I start applying for jobs.

4. Load up every TOP league and just a large database and start unemployed to see if I can get a job somewhere and work my way up the top leagues.

5. Load a variety of leagues and start unemployed and have one rule - that I can only stay at a club for the length of the initial contract, I can't sign new contracts with the club I'm currently at (I can however join a new club and then re-join any old clubs should they choose to want me back)

I would wait until the EEE database but I'm a very impatient person and really just want to get into a long term save and I can't decide out of these so any help/ thoughts would be greatly appreciated! :D

Think I need a career save to go alongside my Dafuge challenge. In my third season of that and think I need a break.

Not sure where to manage, I'll load England but don't want to start there. Thinking Europe. What types of fallen giants are there? Or teams from big cities in lower leagues?

Hey guys, I really need help as I have so many save ideas in my head and I have no idea which to choose! I've just bought a new PC which can run literally everything FM has the throw at it with these specs: 8497ad66a48656646b641ed295c62605.png

Now my ideas and thoughts are:

1. Twiddle my thumbs until the EEE database is released.

2. Do an Assassins' Creed based save managing clubs in the nations visited in the entire franchise of Assassins' Creed (Including spinoffs) I've looked into it a bit and I *think* I'd load 18 nations those being; Syria, Israel, Cyprus, Italy, Spain, Turkey, China, Cuba, Bonaire, Saint Lucia, Panama, Mexico, USA, Canada, France, India, England and Russia and maybe go through it in order as well.

3. Load up every 'out of the box' league in the game and every player (I think 318,000 players) Start unemployed and holiday a couple of months before I start applying for jobs.

4. Load up every TOP league and just a large database and start unemployed to see if I can get a job somewhere and work my way up the top leagues.

5. Load a variety of leagues and start unemployed and have one rule - that I can only stay at a club for the length of the initial contract, I can't sign new contracts with the club I'm currently at (I can however join a new club and then re-join any old clubs should they choose to want me back)

I would wait until the EEE database but I'm a very impatient person and really just want to get into a long term save and I can't decide out of these so any help/ thoughts would be greatly appreciated! :D

I'd always go for option 3 - if the computer can handle it, as I'm not sure even a spectacular PC like that can run a giant database like that without the game getting annoyingly slow.

You don't need special gimmicks or quirky challenges for the game to be fun or for a thread here to be interesting. ;)

Amazing. :lol:

Thinking about writing a thread about a new save. I want a quick game so will probably only load England, Germany or Holland, depending on which country I start in. I have a main career save going with forty nations and just under one hundred leagues, so will be a welcome distraction from that.

Would anyone read it? What country would you prefer reading about? Those three are my favourites.

No chance whatsoever! I will start in the lowest league of whatever country I play in. Anyway, I would get too wound up when we lose. :D

Wait till FM18 and you'll be able to start as Yeovil in the lowest league possible. (Sorry, couldn't resist)

Long term player my arse. He's only on his third version.

I saw about creating players and replaying games and then couldn't be bothered to read anything else he wrote.

I saw about creating players and replaying games and then couldn't be bothered to read anything else he wrote.

"Completely Broken" in the title should have been more than enough anyway.:)

Please. I was playing CM when he was still in his diapers. :lol:

Deportivo Wanka.

Or Deportivo Moron in Argentina... :cool:

Praise the Lord that tbread is closed. I do wonder how some people get dressed in the morning.

See, I'd much rather threads like that were longer lived. Gives the OP more of an opportunity to tie themselves in knots. It'll be a good learning experience for them, that while everyone is entitled to their own opinion, others are more than entitles to tell them that that opinion is complete rubbish.

See, I'd much rather threads like that were longer lived. Gives the OP more of an opportunity to tie themselves in knots. It'll be a good learning experience for them, that while everyone is entitled to their own opinion, others are more than entitles to tell them that that opinion is complete rubbish.

I must admit, I do enjoy reading your posts in GD. As you say, they keep digging! :D

I know there's a few of us still playing FM13 on here, has anybody upgraded to Windows 10 and been able to continue their career? A mate of mine couldn't continue his FM12 career after upgrading, and I'm worried I'll have the same problem.

That's great news, thanks. Maybe I'll stop avoiding the update then! Really appreciate you taking the time to check that.

No problem, was interesting to look at an old save.

Maybe I'm just getting old and no longer have the willpower to debate ridiculous points with ridiculous people. My natural style of communicating is pretty blunt, and people tend to be offended by being told some harsh truths.

That's great news, thanks. Maybe I'll stop avoiding the update then! Really appreciate you taking the time to check that.

So I made the jump to Windows 10 yesterday - which caused FM13 to crash every time I tried to start it up!

Today I un- and reinstalled the game, and it seems to work fine now, so fingers crossed... :)

Archived