AI managers totally ignoring your asking price

The one thing I hate the most in this FM is this. I set my asking prize at 40 mil and I keep rejecting their bids but they keep ignorin it and offer this stupid ammounts. And this keeps happening all the time and is really frustrating. They somehow ignore my asking prize completely and have some built in asking prize (which you can see if you have editor enabled) and give zero ****s about your asking prize that you mannually set. I really hate this. It's so unrealistic!

Olympique Lyonnais_  Transfer Centre-2.png

Tell me about it. Had a player in my youth squad who I signed a pre contract with lots of clubs interested.

They kept putting bids of like 100k in, I was like no go away. So I set the asking price to £1m and every time there was a bid I changed it to £1m and they rejected, only to come back time and time again with crappy bids.

So annoying.

Seems like its fairly true to reality. Many clubs have a price they want for their players and it doesn't seem to stop other clubs from trying to make a great deal. Is anyone following the Mahrez transfer-talk?

It also seems to be a viable tool in the game to unsettle a player and force the clubs hand.

On 19/02/2018 at 12:55, Baodan said:

Seems like its fairly true to reality. Many clubs have a price they want for their players and it doesn't seem to stop other clubs from trying to make a great deal. Is anyone following the Mahrez transfer-talk?

It also seems to be a viable tool in the game to unsettle a player and force the clubs hand.

But Leicester want a Rediculous amount for mahrez especially since the other big players had bids accepted for under 40mil, kante, vardy and drinkwater but they want to mug off mahrez with 90 mil asking price stopping him from joining a great team. They actually wanted more than lukaku for him who had at least 20 goals per season for the last 3/4 seasons 🤣

On 19/02/2018 at 12:55, Baodan said:

It's true to reality for clubs to ask for a lot less and then negotiate upwards, or wait to the next transfer window and try again.

It's not true to reality for them to say "Can we buy your player for £12m", get told to go away and keep coming back saying "how about £12m then?"

• Administrators
On 18/02/2018 at 08:31, dioniz said:

The one thing I hate the most in this FM is this. I set my asking prize at 40 mil and I keep rejecting their bids but they keep ignorin it and offer this stupid ammounts. And this keeps happening all the time and is really frustrating. They somehow ignore my asking prize completely and have some built in asking prize (which you can see if you have editor enabled) and give zero ****s about your asking prize that you mannually set. I really hate this. It's so unrealistic!

Olympique Lyonnais_  Transfer Centre-2.png

The type of clubs you're dealing with are generally higher profile so as someone else has said, they're trying to unsettle the player whilst also offering what they feel the player is worth.

What's the player's default value (not the one you've set it to)? 

• Administrators

Yeah so teams are offering close to his 'value'. Have you offered him out at any point? May be worth uploading the save to our FTP and letting us know the file name, FTP details here - https://community.sigames.com/topic/417549-ftp-details/

If you do, either tag me here when you've done so or just drop me a PM. Thanks. 

I have experienced that rejecting an offer stating "offer isn't good enough" will result in a succession of improved offers.

I had offers for one of my best players (valued €700k) start in €700k and I rejected them until a €2.9M, so at leats that justification seems to produce an effect.

On 21/02/2018 at 13:40, jere_d said:

But Leicester want a Rediculous amount for mahrez especially since the other big players had bids accepted for under 40mil, kante, vardy and drinkwater but they want to mug off mahrez with 90 mil asking price stopping him from joining a great team. They actually wanted more than lukaku for him who had at least 20 goals per season for the last 3/4 seasons 🤣

In the current market mahrez is definitely worth 90 million plus, also mahez > Lukaku. 

I fully understand that big clubs try to unsettle a player whose asking price is too high or not affordable and try to save themselves 20-30M or even more but what i don't understand is them trying to unsettle players whose asking prices are very affordable. 
In my current save i have Masuaku - LB  who is valued at 12,5 and his asking price is 20M. Liverpool come in with 13M bid including bonuses!!!I reject it and the player becomes unhappy. Same with Vada a 22 years old attacking midfielder  close to his 4 stars potential. He is valued at 9,5M asking price is 25M and Spurs bid 13,5M for him including bonuses. WHAT??
It seems as the AI is coded to make such bids and  unsettle any player regardless if the asking price is affordable for them or not.

Just now, YO97 said:

I fully understand that big clubs try to unsettle a player whose asking price is too high or not affordable and try to save themselves 20-30M or even more but what i don't understand is them trying to unsettle players whose asking prices are very affordable. 
In my current save i have Masuaku - LB  who is valued at 12,5 and his asking price is 20M. Liverpool come in with 13M bid including bonuses!!!I reject it and the player becomes unhappy. Same with Vada a 22 years old attacking midfielder  close to his 4 stars potential. He is valued at 9,5M asking price is 25M and Spurs bid 13,5M for him including bonuses. WHAT??
It seems as the AI is coded to make such bids and  unsettle any player regardless if the asking price is affordable for them or not.

So you want clubs to spend 20m instead of unsettling the player and getting him for almost half that price?

9 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

So you want clubs to spend 20m instead of unsettling the player and getting him for almost half that price?

No i want it to be realistic! If a big club does have the money to spend and the asking price is affordable they'd spend it. I've not seen a big club trying to unsettle a player whose asking price is 20M and his market value is 13M. We're not talking about Coutinhos, Mahrezes or Van Dijks here.  

Just now, YO97 said:

No i want it to be realistic! If a big club does have the money to spend and the asking price is affordable they'd spend it. I'v not seen a big club trying to unsettle a players whose asking price is 20M and his market value is 13M. We're not talking about Coutinhos, Mahrezes or Van Dijks here.  

If it's affordable and they deem it WORTH spending (a key point) then they would. If they're able to cut 40% off the deal, who wouldn't do this? There's a difference between a club genuinely desperate for someone on deadline day and a "normal" deal. 

Just now, HUNT3R said:

If it's affordable and they deem it WORTH spending (a key point) then they would. If they're able to cut 40% off the deal, who wouldn't do this? There's a difference between a club genuinely desperate for someone on deadline day and a "normal" deal. 

So are you saying the AI is dumb? Because only a dumb person / club will agree to sell or want the selling club to agree to sell a player for his market value when he has 3 years left on his contract. No club agrees to sell a player for his market value if he is not transfer listed or if the club isn't in need of money, which is not the case in my save This is NOT realistic. Big clubs IRL don't do it this way. When the asking price is affordable and resonable they spend the money.

Just now, YO97 said:

So are you saying the AI is dumb? Because only a dumb person / club will agree to sell or want the selling club to agree to sell a player for his market value when he has 3 years left on his contract. No club agrees to sell a player for his market value if he is not transfer listed or if the club isn't in need of money, which is not the case in my save This is NOT realistic. Big clubs IRL don't do it this way. When the asking price is affordable and resonable they spend the money.

Saving 40% isn't dumb.

3 minutes ago, YO97 said:

In this case it's both dumb and UNREALISTIC .

It really isn't. Have you read the replies in the thread? Teams are trying to unsettle the player. This forces a sale at a lower price. All of this happens IRL and so all of this is realistic. Whether they actually unsettle the player will depend on a number of things, including how you handle the chat, if there is one at all.

AI teams also have more than one target, so if they don't get the price they're prepared to pay from you, they'll look elsewhere. They'll also have an idea of what they want (key player, rotation etc) and will have an idea of what to spend for that sort of player - keeping in mind they also may have other needs. Again, realistic.

20 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

It really isn't. Have you read the replies in the thread? Teams are trying to unsettle the player. This forces a sale at a lower price. All of this happens IRL and so all of this is realistic. Whether they actually unsettle the player will depend on a number of things, including how you handle the chat, if there is one at all.

AI teams also have more than one target, so if they don't get the price they're prepared to pay from you, they'll look elsewhere. They'll also have an idea of what they want (key player, rotation etc) and will have an idea of what to spend for that sort of player - keeping in mind they also may have other needs. Again, realistic.

Have you read my first reply? I know that teams try to unsettle players to get them for lower prices. And i know that it happens IRL as well but only when the asking price is HIGH or NOT reasonable. No club bid 13M for a player whose market value is 12,5M when he is not transfer listed or unhappy and has 3 years left on his contract. Expecting the selling club to accept such offer is really stupid.  

3 minutes ago, YO97 said:

Have you read my first reply? I know that teams try to unsettle players to get them for lower prices. And i know that it happens IRL as well but only when the asking price is HIGH or NOT reasonable. No club bid 13M for a player whose market value is 12,5M when he is not transfer listed or unhappy and has 3 years left on his contract. Expecting the selling club to accept such offer is really stupid.  

1 - you received an offer above his value. And 2 - they're trying to unsettle him.

They're not expecting you to accept immediately. They're expecting to unsettle the player. You're right that he's not unhappy - that's the entire point of unsettling a player.

3 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

I read it, which is why I replied to you. 1 - you received an offer above his value. And 2 - they're trying to unsettle him.

They're not expecting you to accept immediately. They're expecting to unsettle the player. You're right that he's not unhappy - that's the entire point of unsettling a player.

And we're back to point 1. Do teams IRL try to unsettle a player to get him for a lower price when the asking price is resonable and affordable ?  

Just now, YO97 said:

And we're back to point 1. Do teams IRL try to unsettle a player to get him for a lower price when the asking price is resonable and affordable ?  

Yes. It's basic business. They're not interested in a "fair" price. They're interested in making the price they pay as low as possible. Especially if they're the only team actively bidding and therefore know they're unlikely to be gazumped by someone else coming in and meeting the asking price. 

1 minute ago, YO97 said:

The asking price isn't reasonable if they 1- have better or cheaper options and/or 2- can unsettle a player to get him for much cheaper. Affordable isn't and doesn't come into it. Read my reply earlier. AI teams do think about these things.

11 hours ago, seanDCFC said:

In the current market mahrez is definitely worth 90 million plus, also mahez > Lukaku. 

I'm certain over the last 3 4 years lukaku has been involved in more goals than marhez (goals+assists).

Anyway aubangyang dourtmounds best player went for 60 and leicesters 2nd best player is worth 90 🤣🤣🤣🤣.

Anyway no one will pay 90 mil for marhez! fact! So you're wrong. 

Look at the market pogba had a high value because he's a brand. Mbappe's price is because of his age plus he was sold to a direct rival. Neymar was a buyout clause, clauses aren't meant to be met they are meant to protect the club. Courtinho and dembelle were so expensive because the neymar release clause was publicly triggered no other team would have had to pay that much. 

Which team do you believe will pay 90!!?

I'd say what is most annoying is you have a wanted player, said player then gets talked about in press speculation for a move, where a transfer fee is mentioned, yet the club then bids nowhere near what that bid is, which makes no sense to me. IRL press speculation and leaks etc. generally get the transfer fees about right, but in FM I had for example a defender valued at over £40 million, the press speculated that PSG would buy him for £76 million, the player even agreed that value with me as an acceptable fee I'd accept to let him go, yet when PSG finally bid it's like £40 million and they don't negotiate. 

Also it is annoying when a player is wanted by a club for like months and months and months, but they never make a bid, but the player still gets unsettled and asks for a move, and when you go 'well there is no bid' they always say that is not good enough and get annoyed. 

On 23/02/2018 at 15:30, jere_d said:

I'm certain over the last 3 4 years lukaku has been involved in more goals than marhez (goals+assists).

Anyway aubangyang dourtmounds best player went for 60 and leicesters 2nd best player is worth 90 🤣🤣🤣🤣.

Anyway no one will pay 90 mil for marhez! fact! So you're wrong. 

Look at the market pogba had a high value because he's a brand. Mbappe's price is because of his age plus he was sold to a direct rival. Neymar was a buyout clause, clauses aren't meant to be met they are meant to protect the club. Courtinho and dembelle were so expensive because the neymar release clause was publicly triggered no other team would have had to pay that much. 

Which team do you believe will pay 90!!?

Man city as they offered that amount and it was rejected. 

Archived