FM18 Midsomer Flat 442 Knap

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good, as always intrigued by Icardi as F9 with beat offiside trap PPM...

I guess it would be ideal to have inverted footed WM's as you've used Sanchez on the left and Ozil on the right?

Edited by kandersson

This tactic has not worked for me. Though not bad defensively, it's been poor going forward. I've used my own 442 first season and finished sixth and though not a fan of 442 I do like the defensive stability of two banks of four; the difficulty being the link up play with the forwards without going direct, particularly if you have no pace in the team. Have you tested it with the likes of Swansea? 

26 minutes ago, knap said:

I can't even work out how to over ride AM in FMT for individual training.

In the training tab of each player there is a little box that you need to check in order to be able to control their individual training.

Edited by Flohrinho

Hi Knap - I've been tweaking around with this a bit, would be good to get your thoughts.

I've tweaked into an asymmetric diamond, so the CM(S) has been dropped back to be a SV(S) and the false nine on the right has dropped back to be a SS.

Hey @knap, I ran a test on this tactic with Man City, holiday mode. It came up with around 95+ points, really good I think. I have two questions for you.

1. Have you taken a look at TFF's comments about Reputation being a huge factor this year in TOP vs UNDERDOG matchups ?

2. How the hell do you turn off injuries in this game ? I used the editor and deleted them from the game and they dont happen during training, but match injuries still occur. 

Thanks man. Solid tactic!

Tested the reputation effect last year. TBH it has probably always been that way, just that TFF decided to test in this manner.

I am testing with injuries as using FMT.

There I a way to set them at 0.000001, but I also understand may alaso be part of FMRTE this year.

How do you go about getting your points score For each tactic.

I've used your tactics for a while now and never got above 85ish points... And that's with a title winning team which I've managed for 6 seasons now.

Not saying your tactics are bad, just wondering where I'm losing 20 ltd a season with your tactics!

Yeap, and your advice in training.

Don't get me wrong I've won competitions with lots of your tactics, and they are decent but I'm not getting anywhere near the 100pts mark.

My current save is Leeds untied in fm17 with second season in champions league and reached the semi final.

Won the EPL last season and runner up this season, I'm 20th best team in Europe by rating.

I've used midsummer until last season now I'm using wof 343 as I thought we was to highly rated for mid summer now.

Maybe my team is just in that no man's land between good and great.

The AM does all press team talks and training.

I posted the independent test for WOF with a CA 145 side against the rest. CA 145 is  about a Lpool squad

I  also tested Lpool with WOF and was 95 pts, so if slightly below that standard the pts will drop.

If 20 th is below Lpool then maybe 90pts would be reasonable.

Do you have screenshot of ranking?

In FM scout I'm 8100 rep. I can get you some screenshots tonight

Jaap stam is my assistant manager, and I would say he's good at team talks but I think he's to strict on the players.

I would like to think I'm better at that as I've turned many games around via team talks, and it come up in the media update after the match I did well.

Edited by Hulkster79

I was looking at reputation to decide which tactic most suits my team (mid summer for mid table team, Then change to WOF for Champions league spot challengers), As I thought I needed to find out what mentality the AI is using against me. But yeah the Ability factor gives the overall points score, Providing you set your team up in the right way.

I might give my AM 10 games in charge of team talks to erase this possible factor. 

Food for thought,  anyway heres some screenshots of the clubs history.

20171127171622_1.jpg

20171127171711_1.jpg

20171127171730_1.jpg

20171127171733_1.jpg

20171127171743_1.jpg

20171127172026_1.jpg

20171127172124_1.jpg

20171127174354_1.jpg

Edited by Hulkster79
added screenshot

After you won PL your reputation went up and this is when the AI are more defensive.

3430 is a more underdog tactic, so I would use BM or WOF or Midsomer. In CL may be worth using 3430 but I would stick probsably to WOF VOL 2.