Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
KUBI

Simple questions about editing - just ask in this thread

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Can you add transfer bans? 

Search for the club you want to have a ban, then go to Finances > General. All the transfer embargo stuff is on this page. Take a look at Chelsea for an example of how it looks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi. 

I'm editing file: ~\Steam\SteamApps\common\Football Manager 2020\data\database\db\2040\lnc\all\fake.lnc

At the end I added all the variants I found on the internet:

"CLUB_NAME_CHANGE" 2082084746 "Test1" ""
"CLUB_SHORT_NAME_CHANGE" 2082084746 "Test1" ""
"NAME_CHANGE" 2082084746 "Test1" ""
"LONG_NAME_CHANGE" 2082084746 "Test1" ""
"SHORT_NAME_CHANGE" 2082084746 "Test1" ""

None of these work. How can I change the name of the club?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are no clubs in the database that have unique IDs that high. Are you working with a custom database? Or are you using the wrong unique ID?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi. I'm in fact working with a custom database. Your post gave me an idea and I found a club ID of Manchester United, which obviously exists in default database, changed .lnc file ID to 680 (Man Utd) and it did in fact change the name of the club.

In my custom database though it doesn't change the name of the club. I'm sure I found the correct ID of the club, because I used the same method as with Man Utd which worked.

Any ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im creating a new European System, where my UCL has 4 spots for each country i select (working fine) and 2 more spots for the Winners of Europa League and Europa Conference League - the problem is: if a team is Champion of Europa League in 2020/21 for example, he did not enter UCL in 21/22 just em 22/23, if keeps skiping one year and i dont know why.

All European National Leagues finish the season in late may, this new UCL i create start just in late September (the Season date is 1 September).

Anyone have any clue?

1.png

2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, g0ldenboy277 said:

Im creating a new European System, where my UCL has 4 spots for each country i select (working fine) and 2 more spots for the Winners of Europa League and Europa Conference League - the problem is: if a team is Champion of Europa League in 2020/21 for example, he did not enter UCL in 21/22 just em 22/23, if keeps skiping one year and i dont know why.

All European National Leagues finish the season in late may, this new UCL i create start just in late September (the Season date is 1 September).

Anyone have any clue?

1.png

2.png

When do your competitions end? I'd be tempted to change the season update day to July; perhaps that would solve your issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know how I can edit the default formations in the "tactics" folder for FM14?

I want to tweak the default 3-4-3 fomation the AI uses to move two of the strikers wider.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

I wish to create some extra competitions (national and continental) so that any players under the age of 21 get more games  (if they are not good enough for first team games) in the hopes of improving their development so they are good enough eventually.

How do i set competitions so only players below a certain age can play as i don't want just the teams registered in under 20's and below age group leagues but every playable club in every country eligible to participate once they are in a high enough league (the lowest possible playable league for each country in the default database)? Do i use the squad registration/match squad rules and if so what option do i need to pick for this to happen?

What are the reserve/under 19's cup type in the editor for? Do they limit the clubs eligible for competitions to only those with reserve/under 19 teams or in those kinds of leagues?

Can you add clubs from other continents to competitions and if so how do you do it please? What country/continent needs to be selected when setting up the competition?  Is this what the Teams section when creating cups is for (picking certain clubs to compete regardless of their based country)?

Many Thanks for any help.

Dai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Unknown Hacker said:

When do your competitions end? I'd be tempted to change the season update day to July; perhaps that would solve your issue.

Late may the competitions endm i will try season update to july

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/08/2020 at 03:38, Unknown Hacker said:

When do your competitions end? I'd be tempted to change the season update day to July; perhaps that would solve your issue.

well it not solved it, and the rules simply seems it not working, at all
like as you can see on print screen, should have 4 english teams, at least, if no one got Europa League/Conference titles, but always have just 3 lol i dont understand why

1.png

2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i created cup.. and final should be played on neutral ground.. however, in final, when team "a" plays against team "b", match is played on team "a" ground instead of neutral.. 

is this bug in editor? in previous years, there wasn't problem with stadium settings..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, this is a bug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys a quick question please i'm trying to change a team name, i've amended in the pre game editor but when i start the game the club overview, Reserve & u23 teams show the new name, however the players tab, senior team, schedule and league table etc still show under the previous club name, any idea what i'm doing wrong?

Overview - New Club name.png

Senior Team - Old Club name.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have the Sortsioutsi file by any chance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I have the licence fix files from sort it out and the England level 15 from Dan here on sigames editor hideout....... But even when i deselect the sortitout files and use the just the lower level english league file where i've edited the team name I still seem to have the same problem.... lol - Never had an issue in previous additions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It might be a stupid question, but you edited both long and short name?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

haha, yep I thought myself and double checked both long and short names changed in the editor.... rather baffling... lol Can't think where else it would pick the original name up from? In the past running multiples edit data files has caused issues, but i'm only running the single level 15 english league data file.....

Appreciate your time and help by the way, ta very muchly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Folks,

                Just wondering whether anyone can tell me where I'm going wrong with the editor. Been using it for years so have a decent grasp, but recently when I load any of my edited files they have all been duplicated. Like my most recent had 150k database changes, but today I fire it up and there are 300k changes and everything I've edited has been duplicated...this keeps happening and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an issue. I've tried to made a custom champions league, using only the winner of each nation. I have 54 clubs in the cup, thus the plan was to start the 12 worst league's teams in a preliminary round and then the 6 winners would've joined the other 42 teams on a 48 teams group stage (8 groups of 6 clubs each).

Now the problem lies on the fact that once the game finish the preliminary round and draw the groups, instead of working how it always did until last year this time they use clubs that have been eliminated in the preliminary in the group stage instead of the six teams from the strongest leagues. Basically my group stage lacks Juventus, City, Barcellona, PSG and other 3 and feature eliminated teams from the preliminary round instead (ex. .

 

Why is that and how do i fix it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Convert to advanced rules. This is a known bug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/08/2020 at 13:46, Cercle said:

haha, yep I thought myself and double checked both long and short names changed in the editor.... rather baffling... lol Can't think where else it would pick the original name up from? In the past running multiples edit data files has caused issues, but i'm only running the single level 15 english league data file.....

Appreciate your time and help by the way, ta very muchly

I've tried it again with no other editor files, just a very simple one with the edited team name, but its showing as the previous club name in most section, league table, main squad etc? Any ideas what i'm doing wrong lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You might want to try and use the name fix file to change the name to what you want?
Can't see a reason why this would work like this, unless there is something overwriting your edits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a step-by-step guide to creating a whole new league structure? (On FM20)

The idea I have in mind is to create a Sicilian league and cup competition, so that the Sicilian clubs play in this but not the Italian league pyramid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Marshdweller said:

Is there a step-by-step guide to creating a whole new league structure? (On FM20)

The idea I have in mind is to create a Sicilian league and cup competition, so that the Sicilian clubs play in this but not the Italian league pyramid.

Should be, but that's depends on how you want your competition.

Like: 

  • How many teams do you want in the entire new nation?
  • Apart for the national cup, are you going to create regional, league, divisional cups?
  • As you will normally will place them in Europe, you will need to resurrect a inactive nation, and move one active nation to another continent (the better is Kazakhstan to Asia).
  • Set up the language to the nations.
  • Will you add cities?
  • Will you add stadiums?
  • For each league, how many teams, and how will you declare the champion, as a normal league, with a playoff, with a split?
  • For players and staff, will you transfer actual players, create them from scratch or leave the game to create them when you start your save?

Once you have an answer to those and maybe more questions, then is time to start editing.  The example given here is with Basic Rules, mostly all of them apply with Advance rules, but the latter has many more options and is an entire different universe (and I'm not prepared yet to enter it:

So:

  • Step 1: Make the plan, make the structure in a paper, visualize your league structure.
  • Step 2: Gather all the info that you can, clubs, if you are going to make new clubs, the name of those clubs, will be they fictional or based on actual clubs.
  • Step 3: Edit:
    • Step 3.0 Save always: for everything you do, save.  You can also save several versions of your edit, so if you got a problem, that you bypass something important and that ruined your file, you can upload a previous version, instead of start from the beginning (that happened to me :mad:)
    • Step 3.1 Database edit: In this step you will need to create the nation (edit one of the extinct one), competitions, the cities, the stadiums (or move those already in the database), clubs (same as stadiums), weather (if you want more immersion), players, officials and staff, move one European nation to Asia (or any other competition, but that would break the game).  Remember when creating the leagues you need to set the position in the pyramid, the editor will explain in that field.
    • Step 3.2 Rules creation: Here is the real work, you must set the day all leagues will reset and the start of a new season (don't get confuse with the league season dates) As your desire is an european nation, the best month is in June (any day).
      • Then you are going to set the transfer (well you can do that later) dates, and the nations transfer rules.
      • Then you will activate the leagues one by one, setting which one is the main league, and which ones are the other leagues, how many teams will promote and demote.  The first league don't have promotions, the last league don't have demotions.
      • After that in each league then you will set the starting date (after the nation season date), give more or less two months for the preseason, and the end of the league season (before the next year season date), and give at least one month, for any inconvenience and play offs.
      • Same with cups, but here you will need to set up each round.  (test every option).
    • Step 3.3: Test your rules, the first one is the verification, if everything is fine the editor will give you free pass.
    • Step 3.4: Test the database, there is a option in the editor that will simulate several years (as you wish) of your file, it will give you any error before running it in the game.
    • Step 3.5: If everything is fine, then is time to test it in the game.  Don't get attached to any player in the test, because maybe you need to go back to the editor and start all over (if that player is a regen in your 10th season).  In the test on the game you need to check all behaviors of your file, like: Are teams getting in the champions, europa, and then the third european cup?, are the nation in the euro qualifiers, euro nation leagues and euro cup?  Are the promotion/relegation doing as I wish? Are the teams buying or selling as I would like? and any more questions that you can imaging.  If you are not satisfied with the results then is time to go back to the editor.

Any more questions, there are plenty people here that could help you any time,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I made a whole new competition in the pregame editor with teams, players, coaches, stadiums - everything.  After a season, all of the backups on every team are mad because of no playing time.  Every single guy that's on a team has a promised playing time of regular starter.  I went back to the pregame editor to look at their contracts, and I don't see any way to set that.  How do I make it so the backups are "squad player" or "fringe player"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, krakonico said:

Should be, but that's depends on how you want your competition.

Like: 

  • How many teams do you want in the entire new nation?
  • Apart for the national cup, are you going to create regional, league, divisional cups?
  • As you will normally will place them in Europe, you will need to resurrect a inactive nation, and move one active nation to another continent (the better is Kazakhstan to Asia).
  • Set up the language to the nations.
  • Will you add cities?
  • Will you add stadiums?
  • For each league, how many teams, and how will you declare the champion, as a normal league, with a playoff, with a split?
  • For players and staff, will you transfer actual players, create them from scratch or leave the game to create them when you start your save?

Once you have an answer to those and maybe more questions, then is time to start editing.  The example given here is with Basic Rules, mostly all of them apply with Advance rules, but the latter has many more options and is an entire different universe (and I'm not prepared yet to enter it:

So:

  • Step 1: Make the plan, make the structure in a paper, visualize your league structure.
  • Step 2: Gather all the info that you can, clubs, if you are going to make new clubs, the name of those clubs, will be they fictional or based on actual clubs.
  • Step 3: Edit:
    • Step 3.0 Save always: for everything you do, save.  You can also save several versions of your edit, so if you got a problem, that you bypass something important and that ruined your file, you can upload a previous version, instead of start from the beginning (that happened to me :mad:)
    • Step 3.1 Database edit: In this step you will need to create the nation (edit one of the extinct one), competitions, the cities, the stadiums (or move those already in the database), clubs (same as stadiums), weather (if you want more immersion), players, officials and staff, move one European nation to Asia (or any other competition, but that would break the game).  Remember when creating the leagues you need to set the position in the pyramid, the editor will explain in that field.
    • Step 3.2 Rules creation: Here is the real work, you must set the day all leagues will reset and the start of a new season (don't get confuse with the league season dates) As your desire is an european nation, the best month is in June (any day).
      • Then you are going to set the transfer (well you can do that later) dates, and the nations transfer rules.
      • Then you will activate the leagues one by one, setting which one is the main league, and which ones are the other leagues, how many teams will promote and demote.  The first league don't have promotions, the last league don't have demotions.
      • After that in each league then you will set the starting date (after the nation season date), give more or less two months for the preseason, and the end of the league season (before the next year season date), and give at least one month, for any inconvenience and play offs.
      • Same with cups, but here you will need to set up each round.  (test every option).
    • Step 3.3: Test your rules, the first one is the verification, if everything is fine the editor will give you free pass.
    • Step 3.4: Test the database, there is a option in the editor that will simulate several years (as you wish) of your file, it will give you any error before running it in the game.
    • Step 3.5: If everything is fine, then is time to test it in the game.  Don't get attached to any player in the test, because maybe you need to go back to the editor and start all over (if that player is a regen in your 10th season).  In the test on the game you need to check all behaviors of your file, like: Are teams getting in the champions, europa, and then the third european cup?, are the nation in the euro qualifiers, euro nation leagues and euro cup?  Are the promotion/relegation doing as I wish? Are the teams buying or selling as I would like? and any more questions that you can imaging.  If you are not satisfied with the results then is time to go back to the editor.

Any more questions, there are plenty people here that could help you any time,

 

Thanks very much - that's exactly the sort of thing I was looking for as a framwork. I had a rough plan in mind but I clearly need to do a lot of research to create this.

When I do start editing, would it make more sense to start a thread on here or just carry on in this thread? (I assume the former?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TroubleMan said:

So I made a whole new competition in the pregame editor with teams, players, coaches, stadiums - everything.  After a season, all of the backups on every team are mad because of no playing time.  Every single guy that's on a team has a promised playing time of regular starter.  I went back to the pregame editor to look at their contracts, and I don't see any way to set that.  How do I make it so the backups are "squad player" or "fringe player"?

In the editor you can't set the playing time issue in the contract.  But a question arise, do the backups has similar CA/PA than the starting players?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, krakonico said:

In the editor you can't set the playing time issue in the contract.  But a question arise, do the backups has similar CA/PA than the starting players?

They do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That does explain your issue. As all players have a similar level they expect the same amount of playing time and don't see themselves as squad or fringe player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

Quick question. I'm trying to change some youth settings. In the past there was a specific table, where You could adjust the country newgen mental stats (Ambition, Sportmanship, Adaptability etc.) to values like average, above average and I cannot find it in the editor. Was it moved, or removed completely (last game I've played was FM17)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/08/2020 at 17:02, Wolf_pd said:

You might want to try and use the name fix file to change the name to what you want?
Can't see a reason why this would work like this, unless there is something overwriting your edits.

Thanks again Wolf_pd, i've included the change of team name in the Sortitoutsi "Change Name" file and also listed the name in the associated .inc files within the databases all to show the new team name. However still no joy

The league table, main squad and fixtures still show the original team name instead of the new one.

Baffled ....... lol

I can't think where the system can be picking up the original team name from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you upload your file?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible to extract data from the editor into Excel? (I'm not looking to upload back into the editor, just want to create a working file)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only, if you edit the data and export it as XML, but default data can't be exported.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I wanted to start a career in Qatar, where I could naturalize a lot of players to make a stronger national team. I changed time to gain nationality, but there is a problem which I don't know how to solve. There is something like 'eligibility to play in national team'. Player needs to live 5 years in a given country to be able to play for its national team. I have no idea whether it's possible to change this time in Editor, at least I can't find the option to change it. Do you know how can I change this rule?

 

image.thumb.png.ec7a6fd9eab7ad9132a6a1e72a80e6e1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't seen this in competition or nation data. So I imagine a hardcoded rule. The only other option could be that you can set it in Advanced Rules (haven't found it there tbh) somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vitek said:

Hi, I wanted to start a career in Qatar, where I could naturalize a lot of players to make a stronger national team. I changed time to gain nationality, but there is a problem which I don't know how to solve. There is something like 'eligibility to play in national team'. Player needs to live 5 years in a given country to be able to play for its national team. I have no idea whether it's possible to change this time in Editor, at least I can't find the option to change it. Do you know how can I change this rule?

 

image.thumb.png.ec7a6fd9eab7ad9132a6a1e72a80e6e1.png

That's a FIFA rule, no a nation's rule.  The relevant current FIFA statute, Article 7: Acquisition of a new nationality, states:

Any player who refers to art. 5 par. 1 to assumes a new nationality and who has not played international football in a match (either in full or in part) in an official competition of any category or any type of football shall be eligible to play for the new representative team only if he fulfils one of the following conditions:
a) He was born on the territory of the relevant association;
b) His biological mother or biological father was born on the territory of the relevant association;
c) His grandmother or grandfather was born on the territory of the relevant association;
d) He has lived continuously for at least five years after reaching the age of 18 on the territory of the relevant association.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/08/2020 at 21:23, Wolf_pd said:

Can you upload your file?

Sure thanks Wolf-pd appreciated, ideally i'm looking to use in Dan's Level 15 file, but have also tried on a standalone editor file, both have the same issue, the new name shows in the search field, but the league table and numerous other places show the old name.

1. ENG L15 Morning Star v1.02 17AUG20.fmf Morning Star v1.00 19Aug20.fmf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do I get to the advanced rules of the the champions league in the FM20 editor? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dunno if this has been asked before, but do clubs get charged for future transfers set in the pre game editor? If so, what if they don't have the budget to cover the transfers, will they struggle financially? 

Also do clubs get charged for instant transfers using the in game editor? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey there,

When I import USA editor data and open the US rule set I'm not able to remove or changes details for any leagues (like the MLS). I've done this for Canada and it worked well.

What's my fault?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, masterpiece said:

Hey there,

When I import USA editor data and open the US rule set I'm not able to remove or changes details for any leagues (like the MLS). I've done this for Canada and it worked well.

What's my fault?

I found it: I don't need to import other editor data.. just create a new rule set

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/08/2020 at 14:24, Gee_Simpson said:

Dunno if this has been asked before, but do clubs get charged for future transfers set in the pre game editor? If so, what if they don't have the budget to cover the transfers, will they struggle financially? 

Also do clubs get charged for instant transfers using the in game editor? 

For question 1:

image.thumb.png.018f8e6743d2d6ed30f6862ea5dc438f.png

It depends in the number you put there, and take care also of the new salary, if you leave in blank or don't tick on, the salary will be based on the CA, like similar players (more or less as an average).

For question 2, I don't have an answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, krakonico said:

For question 1:

image.thumb.png.018f8e6743d2d6ed30f6862ea5dc438f.png

It depends in the number you put there, and take care also of the new salary, if you leave in blank or don't tick on, the salary will be based on the CA, like similar players (more or less as an average).

For question 2, I don't have an answer.

Thanks mate but I think you misunderstood my question.

I know how to set future transfers, my question was does it actually take the fee from the other club like any other transfer would or does it not have an effect on their finances?

Edited by Gee_Simpson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Thanks mate but I think you misunderstood my question.

I know how to set future transfers, my question was does it actually take the fee from the other club like any other transfer would or does it not have an effect on their finances?

As I said, it depends if you set a number in that box, if you put something that will affect their finances, if you set it as zero, then they will be treated as a free transfer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...