Island teams

For some reason, I always enjoy playing with teams that represent a geographic area that matches an island - none of the ambiguity about nearby villages and counties having to pick a team to support, it's just assumed they have the support of the entire island. I used to like making custom US databases when teams from Bermuda, Antigua, and Puerto Rico existed in their lower divisions.

Can anyone think of examples or point to custom DBs that would unlock similar teams from places like Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man etc? I wouldn't technically include teams like Bastia, as they represent part of the island and have rivals like Ajaccio within the island. RCD Mallorca would likely count, though, as they tend to represent the entire island, same with CD Formentera, etc. Is Canvey Island even an island? Isn't there at least one river island that has a team in the English leagues?

7 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

For some reason, I always enjoy playing with teams that represent a geographic area that matches an island - none of the ambiguity about nearby villages and counties having to pick a team to support, it's just assumed they have the support of the entire island. I used to like making custom US databases when teams from Bermuda, Antigua, and Puerto Rico existed in their lower divisions.

Can anyone think of examples or point to custom DBs that would unlock similar teams from places like Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man etc? I wouldn't technically include teams like Bastia, as they represent part of the island and have rivals like Ajaccio within the island. RCD Mallorca would likely count, though, as they tend to represent the entire island, same with CD Formentera, etc. Is Canvey Island even an island? Isn't there at least one river island that has a team in the English leagues?

Canvey Island is indeed an island though to the west and north it is not much more than a muddy channel that is about two car lengths in width.

I may be wrong but I think Santa Clara in the Portuguese 2nd tier is the only playable team from the Azores archipelago. Also if you have a Japanese league file you could play with Consadole Sapporo from the island of Hokkaido.

Edit: Also Jeju United from South Korea.

5 hours ago, Javier said:

I may be wrong but I think Santa Clara in the Portuguese 2nd tier is the only playable team from the Azores archipelago. Also if you have a Japanese league file you could play with Consadole Sapporo from the island of Hokkaido.

Edit: Also Jeju United from South Korea.

There are a few in the 3rd tier playable too, like Angrense or Operario.

19 hours ago, Zek said:

Palermo.

Palermo (and Catania, Messina, Siracusa...) and Cagliari "represent part of the island and have rivals within the island. "

There used to be a professional football team in Ischia, but nowadays it doesn't exist anymore.

Probably the closest thing to an Island Team in Italy is currently Venezia.

I think one that would fit what you're looking for is Portugal's Portosantense. They are the only club located on Porto Santo Island, which is located just north of Madeira Island. I managed them for a little bit in FM 17 after they got promoted to Portugal's third division in the offseason between the 2016-17 and 2017-18 seasons.

On ‎24‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 13:53, Statsarefacts said:

The most obvious but overlooked 'Island Team' is Portsmouth FC. 

Portsea Island is a true island and can only be accessed via one of three bridges.

Yep, and they can stay on their island! :) How about Newport on the IOW?

Archived