FM16: Mauro Icardi

seinfeld

Icardi and dybala both have same problem and have done for last few FMs.

They might have goal records that look good but both miss chances in big games which is all that matters when you're at the top.

Lewendowski is by far the best striker this year.

Icardi and dybala both have same problem and have done for last few FMs.

They might have goal records that look good but both miss chances in big games which is all that matters when you're at the top.

Lewendowski is by far the best striker this year.

I don't have that problem.

Icardi turns up and dominates big matches for me.

My coach report says he is consistent and loves big games.

Only player who is comparable to Icardi for goals is BERARDI. Costing 35m first season.

Bought him for Sevilla in the first season and he's been awesome - fed by the amazing Konoplyanka on the wings (was actually a surprise - GAMEIRO had a 28.5m clause I didnt see so Monaco activated it in the last hours of the window so had to move fast - bid 12m up front together with 23m instalments if memory serves well and SASSUOLO SAID OK!).

Only player who is comparable to Icardi for goals is BERARDI. Costing 35m first season.

Bought him for Sevilla in the first season and he's been awesome - fed by the amazing Konoplyanka on the wings (was actually a surprise - GAMEIRO had a 28.5m clause I didnt see so Monaco activated it in the last hours of the window so had to move fast - bid 12m up front together with 23m instalments if memory serves well and SASSUOLO SAID OK!).

They're completely different types of player.

One is inside forward that can also play in striker position, the other one is old school no9.

Also, Berardi is overrated in this game, at least in terms of personality. His disciplinary record irl is horrendeous. He gets yellow cards every other game, even red. All due to his bad temper as it was shown in the game last weekend.

I mean to an extent Icardi's personality is overrated in FM as well, but I mean how do SI replicate 'adulterer' or '****er of teammates wives' in-game?

Well, he's been nothing but model professional on the field in his short career.

He also had zero incidents off the pitch except for that one.

By that logic, Giggs and Terry should also have terrible personalities in the game?

Icardi turned the 1 goal pr. game milestone for me in the 3rd season - 31 League matches and 34 goals. The first two seasons he scored around 20 goals each.

Almost all his goals are from within the penalty area. Most are 1-on-1's, but he scores a lot of goals from forced defender errors and on crosses as well. He is clinical on penalties as well.

He does seem to catch quite a number of injuries, however. The 31 League games of season 3 has actually been his record. I am trying to rest and substitute him a bit more, but it is hard when he is such a wonderful striker.

I switch between a 4-4-2'ish and a 4-2-3-1'ish - always with Icardi as the primary striker - usually AF (A). He benefitted greatly from my purchase of Antonio Candreva - he set up 13 Icardi league goals in the 3rd season!

Regarding big matches, I must disagree. He always pops one in when I face Juventus or big opponents in the UCL.

Got him for a total of £50M after first season. He starts his career in Liverpool by scoring 28 goals in his first 14 games. The man's insane.

I got him for around the same amount at that time, and he didn't fire for me in my first season. He scored 13 goals in 42 total appearances, starting 21 games. By mid-way through the year Sturridge was my #1 forward again. Hopefully he'll come good in season three.

• 2 weeks later...

What price should I be asking for after the 1st season? I took over Inter half way the 1st season (started unemployed) and I've got a lot of interest.

I've turned down bids of about 22 up front and 10-15 in add ons ... will someone come and bid big big money for him? or would you advise me to keep hold?

Keep hold of him. If you do want to sell him, look for around £65,000,000.

Cheers, i'll take that advise and try my hardest to keep hold of him! I want to push for CL so he is my best hope I guess.

What price should I be asking for after the 1st season? I took over Inter half way the 1st season (started unemployed) and I've got a lot of interest.

I've turned down bids of about 22 up front and 10-15 in add ons ... will someone come and bid big big money for him? or would you advise me to keep hold?

From what I've seen you shouldn't sell him at all and he'll be your striker 10 or so years.

From what I've seen you shouldn't sell him at all and he'll be your striker 10 or so years.

Thanks, makes no difference now, I've got the Arsenal job so I'm now trying to sign him instead!

• 1 month later...

I cannot get the best out of this guy.

I've tried him as a DLF, CF (support\attack) and as an AF.

Constantly gets caught offside, fluffs one one ones.

Christian Benteke was keeping him out of my Inter side last season.

Any suggestions as to the role, tempo, TI, PI's to get to the best out of this guy?

Cheers

I cannot get the best out of this guy.

I've tried him as a DLF, CF (support\attack) and as an AF.

Constantly gets caught offside, fluffs one one ones.

Christian Benteke was keeping him out of my Inter side last season.

Any suggestions as to the role, tempo, TI, PI's to get to the best out of this guy?

Cheers

Seem to be having the same issue... any thoughts would be appreciated

I honestly have no idea.

I've always used him as AF with no special instructions.

He did great in every formation I played. 4-3-1-2, 4-3-3 with wingers, 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2.

Even when he gets a long term injury, he's back to his usual form as soon as he's recovered.

Never below 0.75 goals per game throughout the season. In good seasons up to 1.2.

Just get the ball into box and he'll score.

Only thing that I can think of is that you might have too many players in the box?

I've always had inside forwards on support duty and my whole team has done way better with DM+2CM than when I played 2CM+AM.

He finally managed to have a good season with me (although maybe I was a tad harsh as he did bag 22 in 55 starts previously)

I played him up top on his own as a CF Support in a 4-2-3-1.

I had my team set as Attacking\STD in a fluid low tempo mixed passing game.

Martial set as an IF Attack (AML) worked wonders and their link up player was phenomenal. Icardi scored 29 league goals in 37 starts and Martial bagged 18 goals with 14 assists.

It was a real joy to watch these two linking up.

Archived