EHM Wishlist thread

I think discussion is a good thing.

In thinking about the discussion I think something that would make the game better/more realistic, and allow those that love trading to increase the trading, would be for the GMs to have another Attribute or two! In particular, a "Trading Interest" Attribute that represents that GMs style

The whealer dealer GM could have a rating close to or at 20/20. A GM with say a 18-20 in this Attribute would always respond to a trade offer with a counter offer, and lower ratings would make a GM less and less likely to

There aren't a lot of Management Attributes currently (Business, Interference, Patience, Resources.....and I think only Interference relates to GMs)

Perhaps Patience/Interference could be added to GMs too, if it's not already.....plus a new Trading Interest Attribute

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello! I've compiled this list during some months of playing, hope you take it seriously.

-Make sure that the window-mode doesn't overlap the task bar, it does now. Using windows 8.

-Obviously I want higher resolution and full screen, but really like the window-mode

-Goalie isn't always pulled immediately after pushing the button, fair if it's in the game, but should always be able to start a offensive face-off with 6 players. (Was the same problem in EHM2007)

-Should be both "No trade clause" and "No move clause" options when offering contracts.

-Should be able to use 22 players on roster during all pre season (and all other friendly games too for that matter)

-Increasing salary cap from year to year (sorry if this is changed since EHM2007, haven't noticed it)

-Hard to know waivers rules. Shouldn't I be able to bring up AHL players during the off season without having to clear waivers?

-Staff listed as "Head coach" is never interested in position as assistant coach, even if it means going from a very bad league to NHL.

-Can't write "?" in player notes..

-Being able to put up offersheets for players.

-Would like to have the option to see a stat table (like in the Shot Chart) score when in Game View

-Trades with conditions (add a 1st rounder if the player resigns for example)

-Advanced stats (and maybe a guide for it)

-Haven't been able to see this yet but in EHM2007 RFAs sometimes became UFAs directly in the start of free agency. This happened sometimes and most of the times not.

-Sometimes shortcut keys (like F2 and F3) doesn't work, this problem was present in EHM2007 too. I experience it sometimes after having played a game. It starts working after pressing continue once.

-Would like some kind of basic control over the farm teams. Like what kind of mentality they should have towards winning vs developing prospects, maybe which players should get more ice time etc.

-Love that it's a little faster than before, start up, simulation, everything! If simulation (when other teams play) could be even faster it would obviously be a plus.

Thank you for a great game, keep up the good work!

Great suggestions. Particularly like the farm team control one. Parent club should have some say but not all. Just an influence, unless they outright own the team. Owners of those teams need to make $ so they need to do some things. A balance between control and philosophy without having to GM both teams would be awesome.

Salary Cap--NO INFLATION in the game, do not need variable cap. All players ask for the same pieces of the pie for their roles as the game goes on in years. It is balanced completely. As young guys start asking for more, old guys start asking for less or retire.

The in game goalie pulling one always bugs me. I totally want that one, where the keeper is out of the dang net when an offensive faceoff, and you want the goalie pulled. It drives me insane, but I always forget to mention it.

Meh--advanced stats. Not really sure they help, unless they get linked to player performance which is alot of extra coding..and hockey is not based on stats like baseball, so not really concerned whether those get in or not. but it is a great idea for what this is..wishlist.

RFA to UFA immediately? cannot think of this, except when a player is not qualified by his team. That is a roster management issue for the AI to me, and is something that should be looked at. the AI GM's need to better manage their rosters, and Riz is getting that closer and closer all the time.

Trade stuff--Salary retention, conditions, etc...maybe someday ...hope so.

Offersheet issue is one riz is working on

• 2 weeks later...

Under preferences where u can assign keys on your keyboards, is it possible to put a setting in their for screenshots... doing a franchise and it gets annoying when we have to press print screen on our keyboard then go into paint in windows paste it and save it where in FM you can hit F12 and it takes the screen shot for you... any possible hope for this in a future update...

1. When teams make an offer for a player you have 'offered to all' be able to 'accept' instead of locking and then offering the same trade back for the offering team to now change their mind. When you accept an offer you always get the message 'xxx have made a new offer' instead of 'xxx have accepted'.

2. Able to create scouting bunches! I normally have 6 scouts scouting the draft, instead of having to do the same clicks for six scouts (NHL draft/normal/age/position x 6) be able to just tick some boxes for the scouts you want and then create the scouting routine and blanket assign it.

The Goalie stat "Games Tied" should probably be replaced with "Over Time Losses" for NHL goalies.

It would also be cool to see goalies commit penalties.

I would like to see the AI make intelligence roster decision utilizing the game rating system. For example, a guy who have been playing very poorly and has a game rating to match being sent down for someone who have been tearing it up in the minors.

As a GM for a NHL team I'd like to have full control over roster and staff decisions with the AHL/ECHL affiliates.

You can always add 2 other GM's in the game to take over the teams. It wouldn't be accurate to be able to control those teams as a NHL GM as those minor league teams are independently own and have their own players they sign and employs their own GM.

If one of your players are being buried on their roster then it probably means he's not good enough for the team so you might want to loan him somewhere else (maybe back to CHL or Europe if he's eligible or drop him to the ECHL (if he's buried on AHL team)

You can always add 2 other GM's in the game to take over the teams. It wouldn't be accurate to be able to control those teams as a NHL GM as those minor league teams are independently own and have their own players they sign and employs their own GM.

If one of your players are being buried on their roster then it probably means he's not good enough for the team so you might want to loan him somewhere else (maybe back to CHL or Europe if he's eligible or drop him to the ECHL (if he's buried on AHL team)

I'm sure it differs from team to team, but there are plenty of GMs in the NHL that have virtually full control over staff, lineups and signings when it comes to the affiliated teams.

I'm sure it differs from team to team, but there are plenty of GMs in the NHL that have virtually full control over staff, lineups and signings when it comes to the affiliated teams.

About half the AHL are owned buy a NHL team but as far as I know only Toronto actually operate its minor team. I could be wrong here though. Either way there should atleast be an option.

It would be nice if they added this to ehm EA in the near future.. In fm series you can hit F12 and stream takes a screenshot for you and puts it in a directory... In ehm EA it's a pain in the but because I have to hit print screen instead of F12 go into Paint paste it and then save it and then upload it to the net to share with my readers... i hope then is something easy that they can put in a future patch..

Does any future update change the starting season to 2015-16?

If so, please remember to expand the Finnish Liiga to 15 teams in 2015-16 (KooKoo Kouvola being the new team) and to 16 teams in 2016-17 (Mikkelin Jukurit being promoted after this season). Also the Finnish Liiga is now closed, so no more promotion play offs from Mestis. Thanks!

I would like to see a news tab for each league (Similar to FM) or even just the ability to subscribe to a league.

Because unless I am missing something I cannot see any of the news feed such as rumors, proposed trades and etc If I am not managing in the specific league. Seems a bit isolated especially if the team you are controlling is not in the NHL. I would want to know everything that is going on in that league.

I would like to see a little more depth in international management. Mainly the ability to have a training camp before a competition and the ability to arrange friendlies before a competition.

Training camp could really come in handy especially for a player who plays with hidden attributes. There are no scouts so they will not be able to help you and unless you hire an assistant GM for a team report, you will not get an idea on who your top players really are without the ability to see them in action before a tournament.

A national pool would also be useful.

The ability to gm/coach both national and pro teams at once

The score to the shootout listed in the game view interface would be useful.

The ability to gm/coach both national and pro teams at once

I have done this in earlier versions of EHM:EA, haven't tested in a while.

I know there's problems with licences etc for team names etc and think its been suggested a editor which would at least allow us to edit in real team names ie braehead clan instead of Glasgow c and fife flyers instead of kirkcaldy

Check out the EHM Blue line (ehmblueline.com). It's a bit labor intensive versus what you'd expect, but you can edit DB's in 2006, then convert to 2015. Or they also have many db's for download. Not as nice as you are looking for, but it is a short term fix. (Someone over there is also working on a EA editor)

If you play windowed mode, it happens from time to time that you misclick and hit the close window-button. If you haven't saved your game just before your only options is "Save before exit Yes/No". It would be very nice with a cancel-option.

And I miss a "Back to Main menu"-options in the settings-menu.

Get rid of shock retirements!

Just signed a 61-year old head coach and he retired the very next day! It also happens with older players too often.

I don't think they should get rid of it completely. It can happen, and some irritation-moments is good for a game. But it's nothing that should happen every season.

I just lost my star-signing to shock retirement (33 years old =(

Get rid of shock retirements!

Just signed a 61-year old head coach and he retired the very next day! It also happens with older players too often.

Agree with this, signed a 39 year old forward and he has retired a few weeks before the start of the season, despite signing a contract extension two months before.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine two suggestions meets the same suggestion many people have,

- New layout, more modern and attractive just like FM

- DB editor

- Isn't possible to add some property to set initial year? Would be fun if we can import multiple database and each one with different start dates.

Get rid of the random retirements.

Also, if I have a world rating of Star surely I'd be a shoe-in for any job around the world. I got passed over for the GB national team job on my old file after I'd just won my sixth stanley cup in a row.

New leagues aren't all that important but I would like to see some sort of European competition like the CHL and Continental Cup as a reward for winning the Elite League/Playoffs.

There is a problem with that the new European seasons doesn't start until july.

I was playing a game as a swedish club. When the season was over in april, I added another manager and took control of one of the clubs who just got relegated from the Swedish league. 1st of may all european contracts expire, so I went underway with singing a whole team of players. I managed to sign a bunch of good players, but when july came along the new season started, and all the players I've just signed that had a relegation clause left the team, because that's when the teams status changed from highest league to second highest. And I got fired because the team was relegated although it already were relegated when I took control of it.

That also means when the european free agent market starts in may, you don't know what budget you have until july. But you have to start signing players right away, because in the middle of may all good players are signed up.

• SI Staff

- Isn't possible to add some property to set initial year? Would be fun if we can import multiple database and each one with different start dates.

Look up the file "import_config.cfg" in the "historical 2006" database folder. You just need a copy of this file in the folder of the database you want to import and you can adjust the start year / rulesets in this config file.

First off, is anyone from EHM reading these boards, just wondering and not complaining, just asking?

Ok: Jack Adams trophy should not always go to the guy who wins the cup, just like it doesn't in real life. Pat Burns won the trophy in 93 when he took the crappy Leafs to game 7 of the Eastern Conference final, after decades of being crap (and since). Who is the better coach, guy with a loaded team and maxed out cap or a guy who motivates his average/above average players to give it there all every game?

- trophy awards - put back in what each is for: i.e. Vezina = awarded to top goalie.

-injuries - why is it only your top 6 forwards, top 2 defense men and starting goalie that get injured? Have yet to see, in both EHM07 and EA, a fourth liner get knocked out for 4 months. On top of that: stubbed his finger, out for two weeks? The finger is a long way from the heart.

- too many match penalties

-Phil Kessel out scoring Crosby and Ovechkin year after year after year. I now count 5 years with 100+ points, always minimum of 45 goals. Something wrong.

- be able to sort players in NHL by ending contract without having to scout the entire league. July 1 should not be a surprise who is a free agent, I should know before hand so I can plan.

- I have noticed that when I have my scouts scout a league, and then sort players by 'scouted only' that the list turns blank even though players have been scouted. Remove 'scouted only' and the list populates.

First off, is anyone from EHM reading these boards, just wondering and not complaining, just asking?

-injuries - why is it only your top 6 forwards, top 2 defense men and starting goalie that get injured? Have yet to see, in both EHM07 and EA, a fourth liner get knocked out for 4 months. On top of that: stubbed his finger, out for two weeks? The finger is a long way from the heart.

- too many match penalties

-Phil Kessel out scoring Crosby and Ovechkin year after year after year. I now count 5 years with 100+ points, always minimum of 45 goals. Something wrong.

- be able to sort players in NHL by ending contract without having to scout the entire league. July 1 should not be a surprise who is a free agent, I should know before hand so I can plan.

- I have noticed that when I have my scouts scout a league, and then sort players by 'scouted only' that the list turns blank even though players have been scouted. Remove 'scouted only' and the list populates.

1. Yes they read this board. Only two post above yours they also reply.

2. The players that play the most are also most at risk from in-game injuries - kind of make sense, no?

2b. It's hard to hold a hockey stick with damaged fingers...

3. If Kessel is outscoring Crosby and Ovechkin then that may be due to his coach (in the game) playing him in scoring situations more than his real life coach. It is NOT the object of this game to mimic the exact result of real life - it would not be a game then - There has to be changes to the outcome if you change the input. Put Ovechkin on the 4th line and watch his numbers decline...

4. It is very easy to hit "Filters" and then "Contract Status" and then "Expiring" then choose either UFA or RFA. That will give you exactly what you're asking for. RTFM.

5. Recommended by a Scout is NOT the same thing as a scout report. "Scouted Only" refers to players that you have sent scouts out to watch and received back a detailed report on. Simply having a scout watching a league/region/team/next opponent does NOT generate detailed scouting reports and thus do not qualify for that filter.

1. I noticed that avatar, just thought it was someone who liked that symbol.

2. Sure if you were only rolling 3 lines with line 3 getting 20 second shifts, but if you are like me and you roll all 4 lines, top 2 at 40 seconds, bottom 2 at 30 then there isn't a big difference, but there is in injuries. Only stars get injured.

3. Kessel playing with Leafs and LA, Leafs finished last yet here are his stats as of 2026: 1557 NHL games, 828 goals, 700 assist. There are numerous players averaging 2 points per game, top 18 of top 50 after 40 games. Scoring is way too high.

4. Yes, that does work, not sure why I had never figured that out before. Thanks.

5. I have a scout scouting my shortlist, single players I may be interested (assign scouts to watch player) and draft. No matter which scout I pick, even the one assigned to watch a single player, I end up with a blank list.

Thanks for the reply.

3. Kessel playing with Leafs and LA, Leafs finished last yet here are his stats as of 2026: 1557 NHL games, 828 goals, 700 assist. There are numerous players averaging 2 points per game, top 18 of top 50 after 40 games. Scoring is way too high.

5. I have a scout scouting my shortlist, single players I may be interested (assign scouts to watch player) and draft. No matter which scout I pick, even the one assigned to watch a single player, I end up with a blank list.

Thanks for the reply.

5. You get a blank list because you haven't scouted the player. Selecting "scouted only" will disqualify all players that you have not got a detailed report on i.e. you have to send scouts out to scout that specific player for him to show up on any list where "scouted only" is checked. There is a difference between scouting a player and scouting a team/league/region/country/shortlist. It is NOT the same thing. Think of the reports you get from your scouts on missions (team/league etc.) as recommendations to have those players looked at closely by sending out scouts to study them. All players that you have scouted directly will show up when "scouted only" is checked. The accuracy of the report is also vastly better if it is a detailed report and not a recommendation.

3. This game will (going from EHM2005/6/7 here, correct me if I'm wrong) seed differently every time you start a new game. This means that one game Kessel will be slightly better than Ovechkin, the next game he might be slightly worse. It would be pointless if every new game was identical to the last one. This is by design. Scoring will also vary very much by how a player is used by his coach, I never play with real players so it doesn't bother me. The AI makes strange decisions that no real life coach would, like not letting 3rd or 4th lines play more when up by a few goals late in a game and always play the top PP and PK lines regardless of the score in the game. I think that makes up a huge part of "overscoring", the AI also never lets up in a game, even if the score is 7-0 he'll keep the pressure up, in real life the team would be coasting after the 5th goal.

2. I don't see injuries to star players only, this season I've only had my top left winger out for two weeks, all other injuries have been to third and fourth liners. Make sure you're not overworking your players by having them practice too much if they also play heavy minutes. Nothing above "medium" unless they have extremely high stamina.

I've been asking my board to arrange pre-season games, but in my third season it seems they forgot. I went on vacation until two weeks before start of season, and no pre-season game were played, and none were scheduled.

5. you have to send scouts out to scout that specific player for him to show up on any list where "scouted only" is checked.

2. I don't see injuries to star players only, this season I've only had my top left winger out for two weeks, all other injuries have been to third and fourth liners. Make sure you're not overworking your players by having them practice too much if they also play heavy minutes. Nothing above "medium" unless they have extremely high stamina.

I do scout single players, which I said in my previous post. First I scout league XXX and see who is recommended, then I assign scouts to watch him. Still nothing in the field. Going to run an experiment and see just to make sure I am not goofing somewhere.

I have never ever had a 3rd or 4th liner injured in either 07 or EA

Ok, took a single scout and told him to scout player X on my team. After several days he returned saying he is a good player. Then went into scouting, picked that scout and no players were showing, changed filter to scouted only and still blank.

Ok, took a single scout and told him to scout player X on my team. After several days he returned saying he is a good player. Then went into scouting, picked that scout and no players were showing, changed filter to scouted only and still blank.

Go into scouting - do not click on "scouts" click on "player search" and use that filter and he will show up.

When you click on scouts the only thing that will show up is the current assignment for that particular scout and the players that he has "found" during that assignment and if he's not on any assignment then that list will be blank.

Clicking "scouts" is for viewing their current assignment and what they have found during that assignment not for searching for players. When you send a scout out on an assignment (like "youth players") that is where you keep track of what he has found.

The filter "scouted only" makes no sense when looking at a single scout.

I do scout single players, which I said in my previous post. First I scout league XXX and see who is recommended, then I assign scouts to watch him. Still nothing in the field. Going to run an experiment and see just to make sure I am not goofing somewhere.

I have never ever had a 3rd or 4th liner injured in either 07 or EA

You've been playing this game since EHM2007? And have still not worked out how to use the scouting system and the player search? I find that very very hard to fathom...

Did you check the "Include Own" option in the Filters ? By default it is on "No", so it won't show any players contracted to your own team in the searches.

changed it to include own. Selected PLAYER SEARCH, left all at ANY, selected SCOUTED ONLY (so those two players I specifically scouted should show up), changed filter to YES on include own, and got a big blank page with 10619 players filtered out. (If you want to move these posts over to the general section that is ok, I kind of hijacked the wish list thread with this).