Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

SI, can you please, please, please fix custom views. There is a lot of very powerful information available through them (whereas the default views are very weak and hugely wasteful of space at higher resolutions), but they're an absolute nightmare right now.

1. Moving columns around is tricky to gauge.

2. Resizing columns is an exercise in frustration because it never works consistently.

3. Some kinds of columns behave differently than others (e.g. the Last 5 Games bars).

4. Some columns are left-aligned. Others are right-aligned. Some don't have the right amount of padding (e.g. squad number).

5. Columns regularly get kicked off the right side of the screen even when space is available, forcing you to go through several menus to fix them.

6. The auto-size feature is, again, inconsistent and behaves differently every time you use it.

7. Even when you've got everything set up and saved how you like it, a misclick can ruin everything. Why isn't there a lock feature?!

8. Going in and out of other screens sometimes messes up views entirely: when I go in and out of a player screen, it resets my team selection view.

All of this is incredibly frustrating, and it's been this way for years. We need a much more robust system that lets players display the information they need in the way they want it to be displayed. It's working even worse than it was in FM14.

I could not agree more! Resizing columns should work exactly the way they do in spreadsheets. Sized from the right, independently of all other columns.

Also, we should be able to resize the new "Eve Online-esque" menu bar on the left side of the screen. At the very least we need an option to only display icons so we can recapture some much needed screen space.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am getting several long term injuries broken foots , arms etc getting this every week is not realistic

You still don't understand... We need information!

What are your settings regarding Training:

Which Team Training are you using and what intensity?

Any Individual Training?

How much Match Training?

Any rest before or after matches?

You still don't understand... We need information!

What are your settings regarding Training:

Which Team Training are you using and what intensity?

Any Individual Training?

How much Match Training?

Any rest before or after matches?

Screen-shots Incoming:

6m385ZW.jpgKz6jpJe.jpg4woep3r.jpg

I could not agree more! Resizing columns should work exactly the way they do in spreadsheets. Sized from the right, independently of all other columns.

Also, we should be able to resize the new "Eve Online-esque" menu bar on the left side of the screen. At the very least we need an option to only display icons so we can recapture some much needed screen space.

It seems that columns that are center-aligned (like Determination, Training performance, Media Handling style) are the ones that gives major headaches. They are a nightmare because they have to keep the text centered, so when resizing other columns the size of these change to conform to the available space on screen. Having 3 center-aligned columns next to each other is just asking for trouble. The left-aligned columns seem to behave nicely though. Please make left-, center- and right-aligned columns resize the same way.... or just stop having center-aligned columns.

Another problem with center-aligned columns is that you can't see where the edge is on the header, so you have to move the mouse along the header until the cursor changes. It would be nice with a border between the headers.

the new player/role/duty column needs to be removed makes selecting a team take so much more time

Was just going to second that one, then noticed I can right-click on the players on the pitch (on tactics screen) and get a context menu to set position.

I'm almost sure I couldn't do that yesterday, has it been changed, or am I just getting senile®?

Hey guys, finished a quick season with man city. Finished 6th in the league, but won the champions league. Just done the group stage draw in the second season and there are 6 english teams in the champions league this year?? Is this possible or is it a bug?

This shouldn't be able to happen. Even though the rules have changed to give an automatic spot to the Europa League winners, the maximum number of CL entrants per country is 5 rather than 6.

It seems okay, if a little cautious. Was this a problem in pre-season as well?

Its started wen the season started first game for the league a broken arm and broken ribs :/ . its way too much no matter how much squad depth you have its impossible with this much in juries

How is the BETA a few years in for you guys?

Give us a chance :D I'm in the second season of my FMC career game, even with the known issues I'm finding this the best FM I've played and it can only get better.

Its started wen the season started first game for the league a broken arm and broken ribs :/ . its way too much no matter how much squad depth you have its impossible with this much in juries

I only just noticed that you manually set your Team Training intensity to Very High. You don't think that's a problem?

I think you've just been dreadfully unlucky, I did have 8 injuries in my first pre season but not all serious.

Have you considered starting a new save to see if it's a one off?

I am going to have to be honest, i really dont see what purpose the new tactical screen serves. It is change for the sake of change and it has made it much more irritating to create, change and quickly inspect your tactics. Before you had a players Role, Att Supp or Def and Condition all to the right where you saw the tactic. Now you have it all to the left? Doesn't make any sense.

My one BIG UI bugbear is with that damned Postion/Role/Duty column - I don't get why I can't just remove it from the view.

Please let me do that, and I will be very happy with the rest of the interface.*

*well, I'll at least shut up about it :-)

Ha! just figured out a field surgery workaround - shunt it to the last column in a custom view, and even though it still can't be removed, it disappears from the view.

That'll do, off to enjoy the rather brilliant match engine :-)

Ha! just figured out a field surgery workaround - shunt it to the last column in a custom view, and even though it still can't be removed, it disappears from the view.

That'll do, off to enjoy the rather brilliant match engine :-)

Hmmm I think I will give that a go.

This shouldn't be able to happen. Even though the rules have changed to give an automatic spot to the Europa League winners, the maximum number of CL entrants per country is 5 rather than 6.

I believe you can have six now per country. Four spots are reserved for the top countries through league positions. Another two spots are available for CL winners and Europa League Winners. So yeah, six teams from one country is possible as this guy shows.

I only just noticed that you manually set your Team Training intensity to Very High. You don't think that's a problem?

i reduced it didnt seem to help . unless i am just getting extreme unlucky

I think you've just been dreadfully unlucky, I did have 8 injuries in my first pre season but not all serious.

Have you considered starting a new save to see if it's a one off?

yeah i am considering it

The new tactics interface screen is horrible.

In last year's version I could change a player's role/duty with two clicks and I could see every players' roles and duties on the lineup picture.

Now I have to click 4-5 times to change duties/view important attributes. And I have to scroll down the list of players to make substitutes.

Absolutely atrocious. (Other than that, I've been mostly happy with FM15 though.)

Quoting this.

Hopefully it gets changed.

I believe you can have six now per country. Four spots are reserved for the top countries through league positions. Another two spots are available for CL winners and Europa League Winners. So yeah, six teams from one country is possible as this guy shows.

Not true. There's a cap at give. If both CL and EL winners finished outside the top four, the fourth placed team would miss out.

:cool:

Can't you just look in your tactics before a game?

Why should you have to? Information about which position your players play should be one of the most important things on the team selection page before the game. Certainly more relevant than a coloured "fitness" circle which tells you the exact same information as the fitness percentage listed beside it.

I have a question for you beta people.

What's player interaction like? Is it the same as FM14 or has anything changed? Do players constantly want to go on loan, but in 99% of the cases accept it when you say no?

Any new useful things you can tell your players? Like for example, "I want to play this guy in your position to test him out for a few games, you're gonna have to accept sitting a few games out" (not likely but I'm hoping for it). In FM14 we had two or three options to tell players we were gonna rest them, but they were all linked to players being tired.

Basically if there's anything new in player interaction, I'd like to know about it!

P.S. I absolutely love how the reason SI apparently couldn't add the EL winners getting a place last year was that the exact format wasn't confirmed. Now it is confirmed, and they've got it wrong anyway :D

Which probably says a lot about you ;)

Give us a chance :D I'm in the second season of my FMC career game, even with the known issues I'm finding this the best FM I've played and it can only get better.

I'm in 2021 playing FMC. My impression is that number of goals is a bit high.

After playing the beta for one season, here is my first feedback :)

1.) I enjoyed FM 14 more than any other manager game out there. Unfortunately, FM 15 is unplayable for me until now due to this exhausting skin. White font on black background is sometimes impossible to read and too small (especially FM is a game which you play for hours, but with the current colors, it makes my eyes hurt). I really really really hope that a white skin will be implemented (not only as option, but as standard, because with the current weird color combinations I am sure that reviewers and users will be very dissatisfied -- or maybe it is just me, i do not know :) )

2.) The tactics screen (which is basically one of the most important screens of all) is so confusing and unnecessary difficult. Plus having a circle AND a percentage for the fitness is unnecessary. The tactics in FM 14 were surprisingly easy to do, why change a winning system?

3.) Maybe it is just me, but very often the game does not recognize my "touches" on the trackpad of my Macbook Air. In roughly 3 out of 10 times I have to click the trackpad instead of just touching it. That does not sound like a big problem but many Macbook users are accustomed to touch the trackpad instead of clicking it. Imagine your computer mouse would only respond every 2nd time you click it. (--> I now wrote this also in the bug section)

Thank you very much for Football Manager! It's an amazing game and also thank you for setting up such a transparent platform for feedback. Greetings from Germany.

I just had this huge drama after giving Pepe a fine for getting his second red card of the season. Huge player meeting with a 16 players involved. Lots of questions at a press conference with the press questioning my handling of the situation that ended with me stating that I would "live and die by decisions" and that I wouldn't be "dictated by any player of mine".

That is the first time since the press conferences have been added to the game that I really felt invested and that I had my own personality as a manager. Great job!

Edit: Oh and there are elections at clubs to find a new chairman as well, very cool!

I just had this huge drama after giving Pepe a fine for getting his second red card of the season. Huge player meeting with a 16 players involved.

I can't be the only one wondering who won that confrontation? :D

I just had this huge drama after giving Pepe a fine for getting his second red card of the season. Huge player meeting with a 16 players involved. Lots of questions at a press conference with the press questioning my handling of the situation that ended with me stating that I would "live and die by decisions" and that I wouldn't be "dictated by any player of mine".

That is the first time since the press conferences have been added to the game that I really felt invested and that I had my own personality as a manager. Great job!

Edit: Oh and there are elections at clubs to find a new chairman as well, very cool!

Wait till he bites somebody :D

I can't be the only one wondering who won that confrontation? :D

I'm wondering as well! Ramos out with an injury and Marcelo, Coentrao and Jese on Pepes side. The press is even speculating that Ronaldo is unhappy now as well, since him and Pepe are good buddies. But I'm adament. Pepe is done. I guess I have to settle for Varane and Nacho in the central defence.

The option to have your players only play 20 minutes in the reserve matches (ongoing) seems to be being brazenly ignored from my experience. Don't know if anyone else is having this issue? They seem to play the full 90 minutes despite the having other players in the U-21 squad who can play that position if required.

Read this (also mentioned in big letters in the forum header): http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/399624

There's a mac specific thread if you're still having issues: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/419-Mac-Specific-Issues

EDIT: Specifically if you have a MAC: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/401288-Posting-a-Mac-Issue

Remember there are known issues with crashes:http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/401218-Known-Crashes

thank you

After playing the beta for one season, here is my first feedback :)

1.) I enjoyed FM 14 more than any other manager game out there. Unfortunately, FM 15 is unplayable for me until now due to this exhausting skin. White font on black background is sometimes impossible to read and too small (especially FM is a game which you play for hours, but with the current colors, it makes my eyes hurt). I really really really hope that a white skin will be implemented (not only as option, but as standard, because with the current weird color combinations I am sure that reviewers and users will be very dissatisfied -- or maybe it is just me, i do not know :) )

2.) The tactics screen (which is basically one of the most important screens of all) is so confusing and unnecessary difficult. Plus having a circle AND a percentage for the fitness is unnecessary. The tactics in FM 14 were surprisingly easy to do, why change a winning system?

3.) Maybe it is just me, but very often the game does not recognize my "touches" on the trackpad of my Macbook Air. In roughly 3 out of 10 times I have to click the trackpad instead of just touching it. That does not sound like a big problem but many Macbook users are accustomed to touch the trackpad instead of clicking it. Imagine your computer mouse would only respond every 2nd time you click it.

Thank you very much for Football Manager! It's an amazing game and also thank you for setting up such a transparent platform for feedback. Greetings from Germany.

I've had exactly the same problem with the trackpad touch/click on Macbook Pro. Don't know if its me or an issue with the game.....

Oh, also echo his comments. Game is Awesome so far

I still don't get why creativity is changed to vision. It's kinda two different things in my book. Player may possess a great vision, but don't have a creative constitution of mind at the same time.

And yeah, tactical screen in dreadful. Don't ask me why, it's just terrible uninformative mess. Why changing thing that worked great before?

Archived