World Cup Betting Thread - with as much discussion as possible!

gillsminnow

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Collected £6 from yesterday's first scorer bets - £5 for Sanchez and a refund for Pulido (not sure why, presumably because he didn't play). So with the previous day's £50, I've now got most of my budgeted £74 back already.

How does Cavani, Balotelli and Bony sound? Haven't got a clue on Colombia v Greece. Was briefly tempted by Samaras at 11-1 but then I thought that they should be the odds for any Greece player scoring at any time in the match.

Well I've already had one bet blown up by Spain's capitulation: Over 6.5 points in the group. ($10, at evens)

And my group stage winners accy is looking pretty wobbly already.

Spain could still win the group tbf, Chile looked pretty good yesterday so might end up drawing with Holland, Spain obviously need to win both games now though.

Spain could still win the group tbf, Chile looked pretty good yesterday so might end up drawing with Holland, Spain obviously need to win both games now though.

Yeah but even if Holland drew with Chile you'd expect them to beat Australia thus finishing on 7 points. Obviously if Spain win their final 2 games they would only be on 6. Only hope really for Spain to top the group is if they beat Chile next and Chile beat Holland in Game 3 presuming they all win v Australia. That would then leave all three teams on 6 points!

I've avoided England v Italy apart from my daft acca bet.

Playing it fairly safe (I hope) with a Uruguay & Colombia double (£20 returns just a shade over £55 for me)

I had those two on a four fold along with Mexico and Chile, fiver returns around £55 too.

• Administrators

Probably me getting it wrong but don't really get why Cuadrado isn't shorter in most scoring markets. Doesn't score many historically for Colombia but Falcao being out and he himself having a career best goalscoring season helps me favour him; backed him as their overall top scorer and e/w on him here for FGS.

Betfred: Get behind England every match they play in Brazil this summer with a free £10 in-play bet. To claim, simply stake £10 or more in-play on any Three Lions game (at odds of 1/2 or greater) and if your luck's not in, we'll give you a £10 Free Bet!

Maybe a Both teams to score treble for me today:

Switzerland-Ecuador- yes

Argentina- Bosnia- yes

France-Honduras- no

edit- actually swiss-Ecuador BTTS is a crazy bet. Don't do that. Switzerland 5 out of 6 last clean sheets.

Drmic FGS at 6/1 for me today. Tempted by Enner Valenica at 14/1 but I think the Swiss will probably win this one and they are usually quite a tight defensive unit.

Went on livechat at Winner asking what price they had Valencia at as they don't have him listed. Ended up being swore at.

Jade:: Welcome to Online Customer Services. You are through to Jade, how can I help you?

Me: Good morning Jade. In the Switzerland v Ecuador match today I don't see a price for Enner Valencia to be first goal scorer. Are the football traders in and able to give me a price on him? Thanks

Jade:: Yes, I have now sent an email to them asking for a price for your selection sir. Is it okay if we just send you an email once we receive their response?

Me: That's fine. Any idea how long it will take?

Jade:: There is actually no timeframe for s**t but they usually reply immediately.

Me: S**t? :D

Jade:: this* I am so sorry, that was a typo.

Enner Valencia pretty good odds on betfred, at 14/1. They have the WC special where they double and triple if they score 2 or 3 so that adds to the excitement too, if they do indeed score first.

I'm following the trend of this world cup, where 7 out of 8 games have been over 2.5.

Switzerland vs Ecuador over 2.5 goals @5/4

Enner Valencia fgs @14/1

Enner Valencia odds seem too juicy for someone who will most likely be up front in a 4-4-2 in a pretty even match.

Enner Valencia pretty good odds on betfred, at 14/1. They have the WC special where they double and triple if they score 2 or 3 so that adds to the excitement too, if they do indeed score first.

I'm following the trend of this world cup, where 7 out of 8 games have been over 2.5.

Switzerland vs Ecuador over 2.5 goals @5/4

Enner Valencia fgs @14/1

Enner Valencia odds seem too juicy for someone who will most likely be up front in a 4-4-2 in a pretty even match.

nice one by time a woke up only got 9's at betfred but more than happy with that !

Archived