Clubs rejecting my offers but accepting same offers from others

I'm trying to sign a player who my scouts say should available for transfer at a reasonable price. He's on my shortlist, so I was notified when another club had put in an offer. I matched the offer, and it was rejected outright. The selling club didn't even want to negotiate. I try again, and this time include a 20% sell-on clause, and it was again rejected outright. A few days later I was informed that the offer from the other club was accepted. I could understand if the seller was a rival in the league, but they're not; they're not even based in the same country. I don't think I've done anything to antagonise them (although I am signing one of their players on a Bosman). Why would they turn down my money?

Okay, I've done a bit more experimenting by reloading and seeing what offers they accept/reject. The player is valued at £19m. My scouts say that his club may accept offers starting at £17m, and it is was a £17m bid that was accepted from the other buyer. I was able to bid up to £35m and still get knocked back. The seller accepted an offer of £40m

I'm sorry, but there is no way that this can be justified as anywhere approaching realistic. Even if I did annoy them by signing up one of their players whose contract is expiring (and who is struggling to get a game there), there is simply no way a club would turn down an extra £18m revenue, and more than double the price of an outgoing player, just to prove some sort of point. Sort it out SI, etc.

Right, this is interesting. I went back and tried again, this time setting him as a transfer target for my DoF to pursue. This time my club's offer (£17m) was accepted.

I guess this pretty much proves that it's a ****-up by the game, unless Bayern have some kind of personal vendetta against me but not my DoF.

for me it seem that club want a certain value (full upfront) more than the on longer term of 48 months etcetc

I manage Queen of the South, and offered 110k up front for a midfielder from Raith. They turn me down, and I've had no dealings with them or the manager as I'm in the division above them and have not had any media back and forth with them. Hibs then put in a bid for 90k for the same player and it's accepted, and they're in the Championship with Raith, so are a potential rival. I don't understand the way transfers are done, I really don't.

Happened to me as well. Ozil was transfer listed for £24 mil and Arsenal accepted a couple of bids for him but when I bid (as Man United), they wanted £76 mil.

Unfortunately, this was while the "Non-negotiable" bug was active and I couldn't force their hand.

Happened to me as well. Ozil was transfer listed for £24 mil and Arsenal accepted a couple of bids for him but when I bid (as Man United), they wanted £76 mil.

Unfortunately, this was while the "Non-negotiable" bug was active and I couldn't force their hand.

Tbh I wouldn't expect them to sell to you cheaply either. You are competitive rivals.

Yeah, it's not like Arsenal would ever sell their best player to Man Utd.

Yes it happened once, so it should happen again regularly? 24m for a 29 year old with one year left, while refusing to sign a contract, with only City or United offering the money and his preferred destination pretty being United. A little bit different, no?

Again, listed as competitive rivals in game, i'd expect them to charge you more, though it's shame you couldn't negotiate it enigma, would have been interesting to see how it played out. Did Chelsea or City ever get involved? Saying that, I once took Wilshere to Old Trafford for £15m.

Yeah, I was just being a bit sarcastic. The Ozil example doesn't strike me as too bad, although it does seem weird that they would demand such a higher price from Man Utd when the guy had been transfer listed.

In fairness he wasn't able to negotiate because of the bug at the time. But it wouldn't strike me as odd. It would strike me as odd if they had accepted 24m from Chelsea or City though (I assume City are set as competitive rivals, but could be wrong). Because all thing being equal, you don't really want to sell to your rivals, unless it really benefits you. This assumes he doesn't have a poor relationship with Wenger or whoever in game though. That impacts how they deal with you too.

It's never been game breaking to me, only mildly frustrating, and of course, I always hope the transfer market will be fixed eventually. I've seen it numerous times, I offer money for a player from a team far away that I have never dealt with, all up front and they reject it only to accept a lower bid from a team in their same division. It really is confusing but I usually just ignore it and try to find a similar player, if possible. I've even compared team reputations and mine was higher, looked at the players loyalty and relationships, nothing there would explain it. I just pass it off as "it is what it is", but that's my reaction.

Erm, OP, you did notice that SI offer to take a look, right?

Don't see why you keep on ranting before SI have evaluated whether or not this is a bug and what may cause it.

'Ranting'? Where am I ranting? What I've presented is, in my opinion, a fairly dispassionate and fact-based account of what is undoubtedly a problem with the transfer system.

I don't know why you're saying we need SI to investigate before we can say whether it's a bug. As if it's somehow an intended feature of the game that a selling club would turn down an extra £18m of free money for no discernible reason. :applause:

I hope SI do investigate this, but I don't see why we have to stifle discussion of the issue in the meantime.

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue..

I´m in the summer transfer window in 2015 with AC Milan and I´m trying to buy Victor Wanyama.. Southampton is accepting bids of 22 million euro from Arsenal, Chelsea, Paris SG and Dortmund, but outright rejecting my bid.. This has to be a bug..

Furthermore the manager from Southampton is Ruud Gullit with whom I have a good relationship with since Milan is one of his favorite club..

I've noticed this issue. Tried to sign a 21 year old striker as a backup for my team. Rated at about 8m, and was the main striker for Fulham. Now, I'd expect to pay something up to the total of 20m for a player like this who is in form. They wouldn't budge below 45 million. I left it. He signed a new deal. I tried again next summer. Same thing. But then an AI team came in and got him for 20. I was Liverpool and hadn't had bad dealings with Fulham before, but suddenly City get him for half what I'm quoted? That's bull.

Aye, often find similar things happening. It's like the AI has a leg up in the transfer market.

I've also come across players on Bosmans picking lower wages at a smaller club for a lesser squad status than join me. Like if I was Man Utd trying to sign Honda, offering 40-45k per week to be an important player, he'll instead pick 30k at a lesser Premiership team to be a rotational player.

Aye, often find similar things happening. It's like the AI has a leg up in the transfer market.

I've also come across players on Bosmans picking lower wages at a smaller club for a lesser squad status than join me. Like if I was Man Utd trying to sign Honda, offering 40-45k per week to be an important player, he'll instead pick 30k at a lesser Premiership team to be a rotational player.

happens to me very often too. The player goes to the other club for less money. its very annoying.

Couple of things,

One: Could be that you are a direct threat to the seller.

Two: I read somewhere that by default when you make an offer for a player there is a time limit set for when they have to respond. Could this be the case here?

everytime I try to sign a player that the AI have gone for I find players demanding more money off me than the AI.

It's rediculous why does the AI spend allot less money on contract and buyig players than I do.

An example is N Clyne on my Arsenal save in june 2014 i try buy him for 12 mil from southampton they say they want 20 odd mil so i go elsewhere they then make him sign a new contract so i cant try snatch him later.

A year later i get a notice saying that liverpool bid for clyne for just 8.7 mil!!!!

1 mil more than his est value so I match the bid it also get accepted.

When im nogotiating with the agent he want around 3 mil loyalty bonus and 2 mil agent fee as well as 77k a week with 15% of sale

My final nogotiation is 73k a wk 5% of sale 2.2mil loyalty and 1.5 agent fee

obviously this gets rejected and two days later he signs for liverpool at 65k a week No % of transfer

Bit of a joke really, i understand it when its a better or more rep team than me but its not and its not a prefered team either.

Similar contract think happened with kevin de bryne he went man city for less so plz dont tell me its because i'm a better rep team.

feel like i'm being exploited for saving up on transfer funds...

Ozil was transfer listed on mine for £39m, so I bid £39m, then Arsenal renegotiated at £60m.

I lost interest and moved targets, if he's transfer listed at a set price, I expect to pay that set price.

• 7 months later...

I see this is an old thread but I don't see a solution and I'm constantly encountering this issue.

E.g. I see Juve have had a 13mil bid accepted for Carlos Vela which seems like a good deal so I match that bid, all up front. The bid is rejected, not even allowing me to negotiate, suggesting that I am way off their valuation. Also had this problem with Doria when he had multiple bids accepted but they wanted at least twice as much from me, so annoying! Had to settle on getting Eder Alvarez Balanta instead so it wasn't the end of the world :p

I see this is an old thread but I don't see a solution and I'm constantly encountering this issue.

E.g. I see Juve have had a 13mil bid accepted for Carlos Vela which seems like a good deal so I match that bid' date=' all up front. The bid is rejected, not even allowing me to negotiate, suggesting that I am way off their valuation. Also had this problem with Doria when he had multiple bids accepted but they wanted at least twice as much from me, so annoying! Had to settle on getting Eder Alvarez Balanta instead so it wasn't the end of the world :p[/quote']

Maybe the clubs put in more goodies like fee after x internationals/goals/matches, sell on fee and such

Here is evidence. It is very annoying. There is no reason for this to happen.

o4sQ625.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/o4sQ625.jpg ^

5QYrckQ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5QYrckQ.jpg ^

I followed this up with a £5m up front and £10m over 48 and they still rejected me. And then bid over 20m and they still rejected.

Sao Paulo had their bid accepted and it said the offer was for "up to" 8.5m so they are not even offering it all up front.

Archived