[RELEASE] OLT Expanded Hair Pack v4.0 - The Complete Edition

O'Leary's Trainee

I don't really think it's fair for you to have a go at me because something doesn't work when I've clearly been through the process everybody else has and they've got it working. It's frustrating as you can tell.

Why would this make a difference, it's still being put in the Steam/common/FM14/ect folder. If this was the case then wouldn't my other facepacks not work?

That sounds like I'm having a go at you but I'm just frustrated as it works for everybody but me lol.

The only thing I can think of right now is that you've been using the Steam Workshop. If at any point you added the Hair Pack to the documents folder, the Workshop may have been copying stuff from it and there's a config file that messes up your settings. Check the Workshop folders and see if you have any of my stuff in there? In that case... remove.

I really don't know how I can help you, as there is no reason it wouldn't work for you (as long as you don't have any conflicting mods... which you don't).

What it sounds like, though, is that you've not clicked the "Clear Cache" button and closed the game - restarted the game without cache and reload on confirm. It is absolutely necessary that you click that button (not just the check boxes), and confirm that you want to clear the cache. Since you're not seeing a change at all - that sounds like the only possible explanation... provided it IS installed correctly.

Could you post a screenshot of your Facegen/Hair folder (including the path) so I can have a look?

Cheers mate, these make a massive improvement on the game, really top notch work!

I flicked through a couple of my saves though, and every bald player was one of those "false balds" with no shirt, they're rare enough for it to not matter though.

Glad you're enjoying the pack. Yes, the bald problem has been significantly reduced in this version, and I believe that the more I add to this pack in the future the more the problem will diminish. I can't for the life of me figure out why it happens at all though, since there's really no reason for it to happen. Hopefully, though, as I add more it will become so rare you'll hardly ever come across one of them while playing.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only thing I can think of right now is that you've been using the Steam Workshop. If at any point you added the Hair Pack to the documents folder' date=' the Workshop may have been copying stuff from it and there's a config file that messes up your settings. Check the Workshop folders and see if you have any of my stuff in there? In that case... remove.

I really don't know how I can help you, as there is no reason it wouldn't work for you (as long as you don't have any conflicting mods... which you don't).

What it sounds like, though, is that you've not clicked the "Clear Cache" button and closed the game - restarted the game without cache and reload on confirm. It is absolutely necessary that you click that button (not just the check boxes), and confirm that you want to clear the cache. Since you're not seeing a change at all - that sounds like the only possible explanation... provided it IS installed correctly.

Could you post a screenshot of your Facegen/Hair folder (including the path) so I can have a look?

Glad you're enjoying the pack. Yes, the bald problem has been significantly reduced in this version, and I believe that the more I add to this pack in the future the more the problem will diminish. I can't for the life of me figure out why it happens at all though, since there's really no reason for it to happen. Hopefully, though, as I add more it will become so rare you'll hardly ever come across one of them while playing.[/quote']

ycMByiY.png

How do I access the steam workshop files?

Glad you're enjoying the pack. Yes' date=' the bald problem has been significantly reduced in this version, and I believe that the more I add to this pack in the future the more the problem will diminish. I can't for the life of me figure out why it happens at all though, since there's really no reason for it to happen. Hopefully, though, as I add more it will become so rare you'll hardly ever come across one of them while playing.[/quote']

I reloaded the skin, and left the cache button unticked, usually after reloading I turn it back on, but I left it off, and all the bald guys disappeared. They all had very closely cut hair. Haven't seen one since. Going to try loading up a nice skin now, hoping it won't bring back the baldies.

Glad you guys are enjoying the pack. I see that "bald regens" thread in General Discussions brought the attention to a few new users to this pack. Guess I'm not doing a good enough job promoting the existence of this (though it received well over 25.000 downloads last year). Do spread the word! I know how much it adds to the game's longevity, and hope more people get to enjoy it.

NaySmith - if I'm not mistaken, I thought I read that you got it working in that other thread?

I just got this working and I like it, but as soon as I installed it, my players' history are all gone :( I did exactly what it said in the OP. Sucks, I'm in my 9th season with the same club and history is a big part of the whole experience. This was yesterday, before the patch so that has nothing to do with it.

The hair styles are cool though, some are perhaps a bit outrageous but all in all it adds another sense of depth to the game.

I just got this working and I like it, but as soon as I installed it, my players' history are all gone :( I did exactly what it said in the OP. Sucks, I'm in my 9th season with the same club and history is a big part of the whole experience. This was yesterday, before the patch so that has nothing to do with it.

The hair styles are cool though, some are perhaps a bit outrageous but all in all it adds another sense of depth to the game.

Are the histories completely blank or has it changed to one incorrect club?

Are you sure you didn't do anything else at the same time?

There simply is no possible way that this file would affect player histories in a save game.

Are the histories completely blank or has it changed to one incorrect club?

The histories will show up like this for all players:

7eMpJ.png

Always says Algeria too, and that I got em for free, just now. :(

Are you sure you didn't do anything else at the same time?

There simply is no possible way that this file would affect player histories in a save game.

I'm near 100% I havent changed anything myself so that this would happen. I dont go around changing things often without knowing what I'm doing, and this happened RIGHT after I installed the hairpack.

Btw, this is a new computer, about a month old, and it has caused me a LOT of grief in the short time I've had it. Lots of very random issues with this computer so far, so I'm not saying outright it's the hairpack that has caused the problem. I did do a system restore to a previous point a few days back, and that might have something to do with it. Although it does feel weird that the save itself would be intact, only with the history issue to be screwed.

I don't really know what to make of it, but if I'm the only one with the players history problem, the problem might not be with the hairpack. I'm stumped :( What I do know is that it sucks to lose it and I might even consider starting a new save. I've been with the same club for 8-9 seasons and I really would hate to leave now that I've brought several youngsters into the first team over the course of this career.

The histories will show up like this for all players:

7eMpJ.png

Always says Algeria too, and that I got em for free, just now. :(

To me that looks like it may be a corrupted save. I've had it on a few versions where all players histories change to say they've always played for some random team. I'm certainly no computer whiz but 'im pretty sure that will not of been caused by adding the hair pack and more likely to do with some sort of problem whilst saving the game.

I remember loss of player histories used to be an issue when running anti-virus software on older versions of FM. So maybe something was running on your computer that corrupted the save when you last saved it. Can't say what exactly caused your issue, except that it cannot have been the hair pack.

Check the bugs forum and see if there are other reports of lost histories. If not, you should post a bug report there.

Even with my players' histories gone, this was worth it. (And yes I realize it probably wasnt caused by the hairpack). Newgens have simply come alive with this hairpack and I've kept going with my 9 year save, just too much to give up for me.

I think I read in the OP though that none of my current players would have their hairdos altered? All of my players except for two got their hair changed. I dont mind at all, just saying.

A small percentage of the new hairdos are a little outrageous though and dont really fit a footballer. Maybe just slightly cut down on the absolute craziest haircuts?

Just installed this now no regen faces show at all just the black shadow. Anyone know how to fix? Pretty I've done everything as per the instructions.

Ok , I think I saved over the default files by accident (must've got too excited). If I delete the facegen folder then 'verify integrity of game cache' would that realise the folder is missing and re download the default version so I can put the file in properly this time?

Got it working , hated having 14 year olds bald like others so thanks for taking the time to make this pack.

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks, you guys!

Glad people are generally enjoying this years edition, and that very few seem to be experiencing any problems with it, so I don't have to be explaining how to install correctly all the time ;)

I'm currently playing with a half-made new version of this pack, and that is promising to deliver even more enjoyment. However, I will probably not release any new version until FM15 comes out. This is because I have a LOT of work to do to fix up the Asian hair category, which is quite bad currently (in my own opinion). I'm working on replacing pretty much every hair I have in that category, and it's taking some time to find good sources to use for hair. But, just thought I'd let you know that the next version promises great things... whenever that comes out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived