*Official* Football Manager 2013 13.2.1 Constructive NON-ME Feedback Thread

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leon_fogo, given the amount of posts you make about your game being slow, I'd love to have a look at your computer's setup. You've either loaded too many leagues or players or there's something wrong with your system. The fact you're evidently not an English native speaker doesn't help you get the message across or understanding what you're on about at times.That or you're just a moany sod :)

Smaller clubs offering to loan my youngsters and offering monthly fees they can't afford. Deals keep breaking down as they cannot free up the funds. Obviously I'd love to receive a fee and have some of their wages paid but if it's a choice between letting them go out on loan free of charge or them rotting in my reserves I'd rather let them go out for free. The way round this is to offer them out for free but it is annoying when I keep getting approached and offered money for these loans to see the deals constantly break down. Minor annoyance but an annoyance none the less.

Not sure if this has already been addressed but I seem to be having an issue after the latest update where I can only offer players very small contracts. For example I want to say Charlie Austin for Norwhich, I have 40k available in my wage budget but can only offer him 6k as a key player.

Also when making loan offers for players it only allowed me a 10% contribution which was 1.2k (with 40k left in the budget). When I adjusted budgets it would then let me offer up to 160% of wages. Are these issues linked? Is there some sort of bug here?

But that will be what the board will let you spend on the player. I've noticed with some players my board will only let me offer x amount on him. Whereas others I can spend a lot more. Could be that they're not willing to pay him more than what they think he is worth?

I'd like the ability to have a chat with a player and ask (demand) he lowers his wage demands, it's ridiculous that there's no option like that in the game. I had Gaston Ramirez demanding 90k per week in season 2 on my save, triple (ish) his current wage as well as £1m for both him and his agent, and there's no way to sit down with him and explain that he's being unreasonable.

We are constantly hearing about players not being offered new contracts/not being signed by clubs because they have a wage structure in place that they won't mess with, but in FM there is no way to stress this to players/agents/media, so they just ask for the top end of what they want every time with very little wiggle room in terms of getting them down from their initial figure. Unless you fancy giving out stupid bonuses to compensate, which isn't realistic.

Even worse is that i can't tell a player he should go out on loan when he keeps rejecting loan offers for no reason. You're 18 years old, not getting first team football, not going to improve playing reserve football and you're getting upset at not getting any senior playing time, so why do you refuse every loan offer made for you? It makes no sense at all.

getting rather fed up of clubs putting in loan offers only for it to fall through through lack of funds at thier end.

and clubs are offering strange ammounts for players. just sold Martin Olsson to AC milan for £9.75 million, i only spent 7m on him in the first place, chelsea offered £11.5m.

now an £8m offer for Johnny Evans

Leon_fogo, given the amount of posts you make about your game being slow, I'd love to have a look at your computer's setup. You've either loaded too many leagues or players or there's something wrong with your system. The fact you're evidently not an English native speaker doesn't help you get the message across or understanding what you're on about at times.That or you're just a moany sod :)

Well my PC is a 2.4GHz I5 8gb of ram video card intel graphics 3000, I have windows 7, game with 5 playable countries (only one with all divisions and the rest with only the first active division), 15 countries and see only database of 50 000 players, game speed giving 2 stars, I played on fM 2012 with more than 70 000 players and the game not crashed, could not that was not responding and was much faster in processing

One of the things I'd really like to see is the ability to search for player personalities in the Player Search or Shortlist.

OK, arguably not realistic to search players not yet scouted, however that point is mooted by the fact you can simply go and look at any player's Information tab and see their personality, scouted or not, and I am spending more time looking for personalities than anything else in the game during a transfer window. I didn't even get through 1 week in the game after 5 hours play because I am trying to find Professional people, which is absurd! So I think the search should have a Personality filter if you are going to make their personality openly available via the Information tab when not even scouted yet. Or the player must be scouted in order to see their personality.

And of course this should be extended to Staff because as far as I'm aware, Coach personalities do rub off on players. Correct me if I'm wrong (I'd really like this officially confirmed/denied).

I know you can already look for Personalities if they are scouted, but I think it should go further. Also you cannot search for Reputation, which is important for potential tutors.

clubs are offering strange ammounts for players. just sold Martin Olsson to AC milan for £9.75 million, i only spent 7m on him in the first place, chelsea offered £11.5m.

now an £8m offer for Johnny Evans

Sorry, how is any of that 'strange'?

When my staff member assigned as" Head of youth department"- who it set to find me players and negotiate contracts with them - lets me have the final word in the transfer, the player is never actually fully scouted. Here, I cant really hit the button to confirm the transfer since I lack information about him.

Is this the way its supposed to be, should he not be fully scouted by defauly when the Head of youth department have found him and offered him a contract ? Or is this a flaw ?

Is this a bug, or normal? I'm in pre-season, the workload is medium and all my players are unhappy that they're training too hard. I've half a mind to metaphorically bitch slap them and increase it to show them what hard training is all about. God help them when I move them all over to intense fitness next week...

VYvrO.png

Is this a bug, or normal? I'm in pre-season, the workload is medium and all my players are unhappy that they're training too hard. I've half a mind to metaphorically bitch slap them and increase it to show them what hard training is all about. God help them when I move them all over to intense fitness next week...

VYvrO.png

How do you know he/they feel they are training too hard.? he(they) feel the training should be more intense.

Because if you look on the screenshot, under 'Training Happiness' it says: 'Unhappy with the high training workload'.

You're not alone, I get a fair few players who are unhappy with training despite being set on medium and not having extras (new moves, positions, tutoring etc) brought to my attention in backroom advice meetings. Always figured I just had a particularly unmotivated set of players...

posted as a bug carmi? 5 years here.. i'm pretty sure you know the deal..

Because SI have quit their own feedback thread(s)?? Can't really blame them, but come on. "logged and being looked at" for 5 years can only work for some of those years surely?? Comes a point of "whats the point".

Because SI have quit their own feedback thread(s)?? Can't really blame them, but come on. "logged and being looked at" for 5 years can only work for some of those years surely?? Comes a point of "whats the point".

I think Welshace is referring to Carmi88 being a registered user for 5 years, thus knowing the drill for posting bugs in the appropriate bugs forum.

Yeah, you're right... should just not bother and rant and rave in here instead... that'll work much better...

This was never a feedback thread for SI to answer people's rants.... they replied in here because they appreciated the feedback... the last 20 pages written has been 10% feedback, and 90% unhelpful moaning/bitching (whether understandable or not) .. the devs have quite rightly just stepped back and got on with the development based on the coherent and helpful feedback given in the bug reporting sections.

I think Welshace is referring to Carmi88 being a registered user for 5 years, thus knowing the drill for posting bugs in the appropriate bugs forum.

Indeed I was... I expect new members to blurt out their incoherent non helpful issues in here.. but I would have thought established members should know that nothing said here will change or help the cause.

So you get a situation of

"this is wrong! fix it!"

doesn't get fixed , because it's not in the correct section and when the new update comes..

"I told you about this error WEEKS/MONTHS/YEARS ago! geeeezz!"

So I will continue to tell people to post in the correct area, so their issues can be looked at... and hopefully fixed...

see...helpful

Yeah, you're right... should just not bother and rant and rave in here instead... that'll work much better...

This was never a feedback thread for SI to answer people's rants.... they replied in here because they appreciated the feedback... the last 20 pages written has been 10% feedback, and 90% unhelpful moaning/bitching (whether understandable or not) .. the devs have quite rightly just stepped back and got on with the development based on the coherent and helpful feedback given in the bug reporting sections.

Close the thread then. The official feedback thread is tumbleweed and just causing you work/hassle if they've binned it. SI are wasting people's time by keeping it open thinking their gripes will be seen. If you can't be arsed to do that out of courtesy why should anyone bother to jump hoops to somewhere else to log something they never hear of again??

I don't think Carmi's was a rant anyway. It takes a second to see that.

Because SI have quit their own feedback thread(s)??

They haven't you can see who's reading the thread at any given time and PaulC is regularly here, but that doesn't make Welshaces points invalid.

Indeed I was... I expect new members to blurt out their incoherent non helpful issues in here.. but I would have thought established members should know that nothing said here will change or help the cause.

So you get a situation of

"this is wrong! fix it!"

doesn't get fixed , because it's not in the correct section and when the new update comes..

"I told you about this error WEEKS/MONTHS/YEARS ago! geeeezz!"

So I will continue to tell people to post in the correct area, so their issues can be looked at... and hopefully fixed...

see...helpful

Meh, then that's the wrong way for SI to go about it in a way. I've always commented on issues that I think are affecting the game, sometimes coherently, sometimes in a lovely ranty, ravy sort of way. Do I post on the bugs forums? Once or twice, but see, I'm not here to catalog every single bug and upload pkm files and game saves for the bugs forums and I shouldn't be expected to - plus some of the issues are as people say, so glaring and occur in more than one installment that it shouldn't be doing so and shouldn't require a bug post as it should be a blatant well known issue.

I do see the other side though, how can SI be expected to do anything if it's not gift wrapped to their door I suppose. >.>

When my staff member assigned as" Head of youth department"- who it set to find me players and negotiate contracts with them - lets me have the final word in the transfer, the player is never actually fully scouted. Here, I cant really hit the button to confirm the transfer since I lack information about him.

Is this the way its supposed to be, should he not be fully scouted by defauly when the Head of youth department have found him and offered him a contract ? Or is this a flaw ?

'

Seing this boyfight, I will bump my question

Is "title challenge" expectation broken?

2eele0p.png

2pq55bl.png

How is this not a title challenge? Weird thing is they were content before the last game when there was 3 points difference.

I'd say they're 'okay' with it so you're fine, they even tell you they are. :D ....You didn't exceed and you didn't fail.

They are disappointed. They should be pleased or at least content when you meet the expectation, see the FA Cup expectation. Also the fact that it says "only qualified for the Champions League" suggest that the game thinks I didn't challenge for the title.

They are disappointed. They should be pleased or at least content when you meet the expectation, see the FA Cup expectation. Also the fact that it says "only qualified for the Champions League" suggest that the game thinks I didn't challenge for the title.

I'd be disappointed if going in to last day you had a chance and lost out, but I'd be okay about you meeting or not the expectation which the board are.

What do you think it should say and how do you think it affects the game?? It's an issue in game if they sack you for it I'd agree, but....

It should say what it says in the FA Cup expectation: "The board is pleased/content that the team challenged for the title". That's the sort of reaction you get whenever you neither fail nor exceed the expectation. But for some reason game doesn't detect that you challenged for the title and it is considered that you failed to meet the expectation.

But they are okay with what you did. That's enough to give you another shot and not be sacked. Considering if you won the thing they'd probably say "expect you to keep celebrations to a minimum because they always expected" and that hurts more. :D

Chairmen and boards are a pain, as it should be. :) If they sacked you then fair one.

I'm not saying that they should have given me a wage rise or something :D I wouldn't have brought this up if they were dissapointed that I only challenged for the title but they are dissapointed that I only qualified for the CL. Qualifying for CL and challenging for the title are two different goals and the game thinks that I didn't challenge for the title, which is not correct.

Close the thread then. The official feedback thread is tumbleweed and just causing you work/hassle if they've binned it. SI are wasting people's time by keeping it open thinking their gripes will be seen. If you can't be arsed to do that out of courtesy why should anyone bother to jump hoops to somewhere else to log something they never hear of again??

I don't think Carmi's was a rant anyway. It takes a second to see that.

I wasn't suggesting Carmi's in particular was a rant! Carmi knows that tbh!, I'm not one to actually have a go at him lol.

I was merely suggesting that this is a place for CONSTRUCTIVE feedback, clear error's that are obviously wrong like Carmi's there have their place, and while there's nothing wrong with posting here, it would be nice if it was in the correct place to get logged..

Funny isn't it... I say something almost tongue in cheek to a member who I'm sure knows I wasn't having a pop at him.. and someone else comes in and causes a ruckus about it.

I never said it was tumbleweed... this thread has a purpose, I said SI don't reply as much as they would normally due to the ridiculous amount of trash that's posted here.

realised that the big name players are easily swayed by all the media talk or courting from clubs which does not really reflect real life. for example, neymar in my save game was easily swayed by the top 4 BPL clubs after media speculation. irl, he actually is in no hurry to move to a bigger club.

realised that the big name players are easily swayed by all the media talk or courting from clubs which does not really reflect real life. for example, neymar in my save game was easily swayed by the top 4 BPL clubs after media speculation. irl, he actually is in no hurry to move to a bigger club.

I'd have to agree with you... they've clearly made it more exciting in that you HAVE an influence now.. but I think it's too much...

Perhaps raise it in the bug reporting sections and it should get looked at?

I wasn't suggesting Carmi's in particular was a rant! Carmi knows that tbh!, I'm not one to actually have a go at him lol.

I was merely suggesting that this is a place for CONSTRUCTIVE feedback, clear error's that are obviously wrong like Carmi's there have their place, and while there's nothing wrong with posting here, it would be nice if it was in the correct place to get logged..

Funny isn't it... I say something almost tongue in cheek to a member who I'm sure knows I wasn't having a pop at him.. and someone else comes in and causes a ruckus about it.

I never said it was tumbleweed... this thread has a purpose, I said SI don't reply as much as they would normally due to the ridiculous amount of trash that's posted here.

Yeah, fair one.

Finances are insane. I'm having now joyful career with Wrexham, now I'm after fifth season which was most overachieving than any in my entire FM series (lost playoff final in first season after promotion from L1). But to the point, I can't sell players, for example Joe McKee, valued 1.3 million pounds, 11 goal and 15 assists and no club wants him on a permanent basis, only ridiculous loan offers from lower league clubs. There is more players like him in my team. And second concern are players contracts. It's funny when 33 years old footballer on decline wants higher fee. I could stand that but appearances bonuses they demand are just silly. For few seasons I managed to keep wages very low, in our division we spend the least for player wages, over 10 times less than richest team.

I have in my mind only one answer for contracts - maybe it's because of club's fast growing reputation? But what about selling footballers? Growing reputation of the club-> growing rep of players-> more interest in buying them, especially when they perform so well.

So what's messed up in that sequence?

Archived