FM13 What team should I be!

Purefun

I recommend Sampdoria to all of you. Financially quite poor, but not debt riddled. Top training facilities, good youth facilities. Just returned from SerieB, and the squad needs a little bit of work in defence and attack. The midfield is packed with good passers, plus you have Poli who many clubs try and buy, plus Palombo, Pedro, Icardi, Romero(GK) etc. Quite challenging too and will take time to establish yourself, will require astute transfer business.

I will probably make a team thread within 2 weeks.

Nice to see a Sampdoria thread come along as I hope you make one, there team is good and can build on :)

@fyrefuze .. I had a Roma save after the first update and got sacked lol in Dec. funny how the team just stopped performing and we dropped points due to a lot of ties with teams we should have won.. lol so I never started back with them but will look into it as well as I want to have a long term save in the Serie A. :)

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice to see a Sampdoria thread come along as I hope you make one, there team is good and can build on :)

@fyrefuze .. I had a Roma save after the first update and got sacked lol in Dec. funny how the team just stopped performing and we dropped points due to a lot of ties with teams we should have won.. lol so I never started back with them but will look into it as well as I want to have a long term save in the Serie A. :)

I had a similar run of games when 13.2.2 came in but that was due to changed ME. A lot of draws and ugly wins against lowly teams. I'll soon post a summary of my second season with Roma in the thread. Just won the first Champions League title with them. The team is so determined that it can even overturn a losing position from 0-3 down. (though Lost Coppa Italia Final against Juventus on penalities even after being 3-0 up). Amazing turn of events. Also love the way teams like Juve, Napoli and Milan duos will never let you get away.

I want to pause my Alexandra Crewe save and want to start a new one, but I can't decide: Sevilla, Lyon or Udine? I already played with these teams on previous fm versions. I like all of those clubs, but don't know which would be the most entertaining save.

Nation: England

Division: Championship/League 1

European Competition: N/A

Media Prediction: Any

Board Expectation(s): Any

Transfer Budget: Any

Wage Budget: Enough to sign a few players on loan/free transfers.

Finances: Comfortable, not near administration.

Other: Good youth system to play with and build a team up.

Division: Championship/League 1

Media Prediction: Any

Transfer Budget: Any

Wage Budget: Enough to sign a few players on loan/free transfers.

Finances: Comfortable, not near administration.

Other: Good youth system to play with and build a team up.

Come join the revolution at Crewe Alexandra who have one of the best youth facilities in the Football League and have a solid first team despite only getting promoted into League 1 last summer.

Maybe someone can prove me wrong. But I had a great Saints game on a previous FM when they started in League 1 and The Ox was 16 I think. Would love to do it again but I cant think of any team in League 1 now who has the resources that Southampton had for that League. Schneiderlein, Lambert, Fonte were just awesome and turned the Ox into a world class poacher. Sheff Utd and Cov obviously have big stadiums for the League and Sheff Utd have some handy players. But can anyone see a League 1 team in the mould of what Saints were? Cheers Guys

Maybe someone can prove me wrong. But I had a great Saints game on a previous FM when they started in League 1 and The Ox was 16 I think. Would love to do it again but I cant think of any team in League 1 now who has the resources that Southampton had for that League. Schneiderlein, Lambert, Fonte were just awesome and turned the Ox into a world class poacher. Sheff Utd and Cov obviously have big stadiums for the League and Sheff Utd have some handy players. But can anyone see a League 1 team in the mould of what Saints were? Cheers Guys

Crewe is probably the closest, or you could go north of the border and be Rangers. Any time i've had all of England loaded i've noticed Coventry tend to struggle.

Crewe is probably the closest, or you could go north of the border and be Rangers. Any time i've had all of England loaded i've noticed Coventry tend to struggle.

Thanks mate. Crewe would be very interesting. Know what you mean with Cov they have always done poor on my FM saves.

Nice name and location by the way. Buzzing for Series 8 now!

Thanks mate. Crewe would be very interesting. Know what you mean with Cov they have always done poor on my FM saves.

Nice name and location by the way. Buzzing for Series 8 now!

They have a few decent players and do bring good regens through so that is a bonus. Obviously the ground is nothing like St Mary's and I doubt the finances are but everything is there to build them up.

As for Dexter i'm looking forward to seeing how it goes and we only have to wait until June for it this year :cool:

The finances are OK at the Alex but the regens are really good for that level (have a look in the Alex thread that's linked in the 4th post of this page to see what I mean).

Is anyone playing with Malaga? How is it?

To play with Malaga is pretty hard as you'll have to repay all the debts in a short time. So first season you have to sell a lot of players and CL is imperative to get out of the red. But they have a great squad and can fight for the top 4

Looking for a team in Germany

Nation: Germany

Division: Third

European Competition: No

Media Prediction: Top 5

Board Expectation(s): Not important

Transfer Budget: Enough to bring some decent players in

Wage Budget: Same as above

Finances: Stable

Other: I'm looking for a German team in the third division that has a good chance to go up in its first season. Basically I want to bring a German team up from the bottom to the top.

Nation: any in europe except england

Division: top i would guess

European Competition: doesnt matter

Media Prediction: doesnt matter

Board Expectation(s): doesnt matter

Transfer Budget: doesnt matter

Wage Budget: under control

Finances: secure

Other: just did an awesome ajax save and want to do the same thing with another club, must have top youth facilities to train all the wonderkids!

thanks!

Looking for a team in Germany

Nation: Germany

Division: Third

European Competition: No

Media Prediction: Top 5

Board Expectation(s): Not important

Transfer Budget: Enough to bring some decent players in

Wage Budget: Same as above

Other: I'm looking for a German team in the third division that has a good chance to go up in its first season. Basically I want to bring a German team up from the bottom to the top.

Karlsruher - were in the Bundesliga in 2009, top training facilities and just short of a 30k stadium

Hansa Rostock - another who have had plenty of spells in the Bundesliga with the last being in 08, pretty much the same facilities as Karlsruher

Arminia Bielefeld - Top flight club in 2009 pretty much the same as the other 2 clubs.

Template Two - For users who arent quite sure what team to be and would like some advice.

Nation: Any except for England

Division: Top/ First

European Competition:

Media Prediction: Mid table

Board Expectation(s):Mid table

Transfer Budget: Reasonable

Wage Budget:Reasonable

Finances:Reasonable

Other:

Nation: any in europe except england

Division: top i would guess

European Competition: doesnt matter

Media Prediction: doesnt matter

Board Expectation(s): doesnt matter

Transfer Budget: doesnt matter

Wage Budget: under control

Finances: secure

Other: just did an awesome ajax save and want to do the same thing with another club, must have top youth facilities to train all the wonderkids!

thanks!

How about Sporting Lisbon - they have some great young players.

Nation: Any except for England

Division: Top/ First

European Competition:

Media Prediction: Mid table

Board Expectation(s):Mid table

Other:

Sampdoria/Cagliari/Atalanta/Torino - Italy

Malaga/Zaragoza/Osasuna - Spain

Freiburg/Hannover/Gladbach - Germany

Nation: I've only ever really managed in England, so there or somewhere comparable without too much of a culture shock.

Division: Not top division but not a minnow either

Media Prediction:Not important

Board Expectation(s): Not too challenging, want to be able to build without getting sacked after 6 months

Transfer Budget: Ideally a bit to play with, open to anything

Wage Budget: Ditto

Finances: Nothing too disastrous

Other: I'd like either a sleeping giant or a team thats never been really successful. A reasonably patient board and no high paid dross on the books

Nation: Somewhere in Europe, but not England, Spain, France or Italy

Division: Top

European Competition: n/a

Media Prediction: Mid-bottom half

Board Expectation(s):Mid- bottom half

Other: Will go pretty much anywhere in Europe other than the countries mentioned above that Ive already had long term games in. Finances etc arent a concern, just an interesting challenge.

Nation: I've only ever really managed in England, so there or somewhere comparable without too much of a culture shock.

Division: Not top division but not a minnow either

Media Prediction:Not important

Board Expectation(s): Not too challenging, want to be able to build without getting sacked after 6 months

Transfer Budget: Ideally a bit to play with, open to anything

Wage Budget: Ditto

Finances: Nothing too disastrous

Other: I'd like either a sleeping giant or a team thats never been really successful. A reasonably patient board and no high paid dross on the books

Ideal club Crewe. Low expecatations in league one so won't get sacked. Also have magnificent youth facilities, a good young team that you can build upon and have a respectable transfer/wage budget because of the Powell transfer.

Ideal club Crewe. Low expecatations in league one so won't get sacked. Also have magnificent youth facilities, a good young team that you can build upon and have a respectable transfer/wage budget because of the Powell transfer.

It's my job to recommend Crewe to everyone ;) but there isn't a great deal of transfer funds available compared to the amount of money brought in through selling Westwood as well as Powell.

Division: Championship/League 1.

Media Prediction: top half

Transfer Budget: Ideally few million (3-5)

Wage Budget: Enough to sign a few players, sell players etc.

Finances: Healthy ideally.

Other:

Division: Championship/League 1.

Media Prediction: top half

Transfer Budget: Ideally few million (3-5)

Wage Budget: Enough to sign a few players, sell players etc.

Finances: Healthy ideally.

Other:

Can only really recommend Brighton. Very good squad, brand new stadium, a chairman who will back you are all good reasons to pick them. Try not to spend much money and instead use the funds to upgrade your facilities as they are pretty basic to begin with.

Nation: england

Division: league 2

European Competition:

Media Prediction:

Board Expectation(s):mid table or better

Transfer Budget:

Wage Budget:

Finances:

Other: a dont reli know any players in league 2 a know the odd player but not much but always wanted a save with a lower league side a could get into :)

Nation: england

Division: league 2

European Competition:

Media Prediction:

Board Expectation(s):mid table or better

Transfer Budget:

Wage Budget:

Finances:

Other: a dont reli know any players in league 2 a know the odd player but not much but always wanted a save with a lower league side a could get into :)

The best choice for a long term save would be Bradford as their potential is fantastic. Large support and big ground which should give you a very healthy budget to use in your quest for a return to the Premier League.

The best choice for a long term save would be Bradford as their potential is fantastic. Large support and big ground which should give you a very healthy budget to use in your quest for a return to the Premier League.

sounds good shout will know the odd player since watched few there games in cup is there a thread on them ?

Hi lads, I'm having a bad time sticking with a save lately so I need some career suggestions please! :(

Nation: Not too fussed, a decent European league

European Competition: Possibly Europa, if not then no problem

Media Prediction: Mid Table/ Top Half

Board Expectation(s): Mid Table/ Top Half

Transfer Budget: Enough to snap up bargains when I find them. Maybe £3/5m

Wage Budget: A little breathing space

Other: I'm yet to get attached to a team on this version and I want to change that. A mid-level team with the potential to qualify for the Europa relatively soon would enable me to quickly fire through a few seasons, set up scouting networks, utilise decent facilities, and turn a profit.

Hi lads, I'm having a bad time sticking with a save lately so I need some career suggestions please! :(

Other: I'm yet to get attached to a team on this version and I want to change that. A mid-level team with the potential to qualify for the Europa relatively soon would enable me to quickly fire through a few seasons, set up scouting networks, utilise decent facilities, and turn a profit.

AS Roma

Although my first suggestion doesn't exactly follow your criteria, I still think it's worth taking over as the Inter Milan boss. You have the challenge of managing the finances which are in danger of going in the red if your not carefull, you can sell some players that are good but not needed to fund your wish to buy bargains, along with the reputation of the club which will allow you to attract these bargains with ease (it's all about getting bargains with Inter Milan anyway). If you sell the older players, you can free up the wage budget a lot to enable you that breathing space. They are currently challenging in the Europa League, so it's a good challenge to win that and you have the challenge of keeping up with A.C. Milan and Juventus and fighting for that Champions League spot.

If that doesn't attract you, then I'd suggest a team like Everton maybe from the Premier League? They have the ability to challenge for a European spot, they just need your ability to take help them over the line. They have a decent squad, secure finances, top training facilities and a decent stadium.

It's worth noting that i'm in the process of creating an Inter Milan thread, so if you do end up going there, then you are more than welcome to join in with that thread :)

Although my first suggestion doesn't exactly follow your criteria, I still think it's worth taking over as the Inter Milan boss. You have the challenge of managing the finances which are in danger of going in the red if your not carefull, you can sell some players that are good but not needed to fund your wish to buy bargains, along with the reputation of the club which will allow you to attract these bargains with ease (it's all about getting bargains with Inter Milan anyway). If you sell the older players, you can free up the wage budget a lot to enable you that breathing space. They are currently challenging in the Europa League, so it's a good challenge to win that and you have the challenge of keeping up with A.C. Milan and Juventus and fighting for that Champions League spot.

If that doesn't attract you, then I'd suggest a team like Everton maybe from the Premier League? They have the ability to challenge for a European spot, they just need your ability to take help them over the line. They have a decent squad, secure finances, top training facilities and a decent stadium.

It's worth noting that i'm in the process of creating an Inter Milan thread, so if you do end up going there, then you are more than welcome to join in with that thread :)

Both good shouts, the only thing putting me off the Italian leagues though is the tax. Is that still an issue or has it been sorted out yet?

Keep the shouts coming please lads!

Hi lads, I'm having a bad time sticking with a save lately so I need some career suggestions please!

Both good shouts, the only thing putting me off the Italian leagues though is the tax. Is that still an issue or has it been sorted out yet?

Keep the shouts coming please lads!

I'm not entirely sure about the bug as I only heard about it recently, but haven't noticed it myself. If you know the average tax bill per month for a club like Inter Milan in another country, I could probably help you get the answer by comparing my tax bill.

Tax in Italy is fixed. Atalanta are another Italian option I'd recommend. They are tipped for relegation but the team is much better than that and has potential to grow. Good youth facilities too.

I'd agree with Atalanta as well as another option, they are currently third in my game in the first season, only 6 points behind me in second along with their 2 point deduction!

I am leaning towards Inter, I do like a good financial challenge. Any suggestions outside of Italia?

Edit: That bank loan, oo-er. Does it get restructured at all or any take over bids? basically £1m per month for 30 years! Eeek. :saywhatnow:

I am leaning towards Inter, I do like a good financial challenge. Any suggestions outside of Italia?

Edit: That bank loan, oo-er. Does it get restructured at all or any take over bids? basically £1m per month for 30 years! Eeek. :saywhatnow:

I suppose it depends how bad you let it get :D I've heard before that people have had takeovers, but I suppose it's all down to luck I guess. The main problem is several players have stupidly high wages and you don't even need some of them. For me the three strikers; Milito, Cassano and Palacio are far from worth what they are paid, having only contribute 23 goals overall, 12 of those coming from Palacio.

As I say though, it's a good challenge and if you can bring in those bargains you talked about and get rid of the high wage useless players, your on to a good start :)

It's not sitting quite, this Italy/ Inter save I don't think TM, sorry! May be one to try later on though. Back to the drawing board for now:

Aargh. This is getting silly now. I probably need some time off FM then come back at it refreshed and motivated. Trouble is when you get in these ruts you just want to power through them, and keep failing to do so! Then you look at how many hours you've put in and what little satisfaction you've got out of the game and think.. oh pap. This half season with Lille (I don't know the problem, I'm top of the league and through to last 16 CL for Pete's sake!) has taken me over 200 hours and all I have is moderately successful half seasons and one Dutch league title, ouch.

I'm still wanting team suggestions from the post above this ^^ Cheers.

Aargh. This is getting silly now. I probably need some time off FM then come back at it refreshed and motivated. Trouble is when you get in these ruts you just want to power through them, and keep failing to do so! Then you look at how many hours you've put in and what little satisfaction you've got out of the game and think.. oh pap. This half season with Lille (I don't know the problem, I'm top of the league and through to last 16 CL for Pete's sake!) has taken me over 200 hours and all I have is moderately successful half seasons and one Dutch league title, ouch.

I'm still wanting team suggestions from the post above this ^^ Cheers.

You could try Germany. The Bundesliga is very competitive and a number of teams have the potential to become something good. Bayern & Dortmund are clearly the top 2 but after them there are a number of options. Schalke are probably the closest to them and are only a few players away from being real challengers. Bremen & Leverkusen are both well set with good players but room to grow. HSV have van der Vaart & Son Heung Min but need real work in other areas. Hoffenheim have a rich and ambitious owner. Wolfsburg also have deep pockets thanks to VW. There's a case to be made for many of the supposedly lower clubs too.

Evening, everyone. FM13 has been quite as addicting as I thought it would've been, but I'm looking for an enjoyable save before the January update comes out...

Nation: An established, European country

Division: Any of the following: Barclays Premier League, Liga BBVA, Serie 'A', Ligue 1, Eredivisie

European Competition: -

Media Prediction: -

Board Expectation(s): I'm not really fussed. Even if it's avoiding relegation, it wouldn't be that important.

Transfer Budget: Enough to make one or two signings; but not an over-the-top amount.

Wage Budget: Once again, enough to realise the club's ambitions.

Finances: They must be in a relatively healthy state - something which the club can build upon.

Other: A club with similarities to Swansea or this season's Real Betis would be fantastic. A club which can develop, under the right management, into a plausible title contender. An attractive playing style would be a bonus, but I could always install that when I take them over.

Thanks in advance.

Evening, everyone. FM13 has been quite as addicting as I thought it would've been, but I'm looking for an enjoyable save before the January update comes out...

Nation: An established, European country

Division: Any of the following: Barclays Premier League, Liga BBVA, Serie 'A', Ligue 1, Eredivisie

Board Expectation(s): I'm not really fussed. Even if it's avoiding relegation, it wouldn't be that important.

Transfer Budget: Enough to make one or two signings; but not an over-the-top amount.

Wage Budget: Once again, enough to realise the club's ambitions.

Finances: They must be in a relatively healthy state - something which the club can build upon.

Other: A club with similarities to Swansea or this season's Real Betis would be fantastic. A club which can develop, under the right management, into a plausible title contender. An attractive playing style would be a bonus, but I could always install that when I take them over.

Thanks in advance.

have repeated it several times earlier but there is no other save better than Roma and Atlanta in Seire A.

Nation: anywhere in Europe

Division: Anywhere outside Premier League, Championship, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A or Ligue 1.Would consider literally anywhere else, from Npower League 2 to Russia and anywhere inbetween.

Board Expectation(s): Mid table

Transfer Budget: Dont mind

Wage Budget: same

Finances: dont mind

Other: Basically looking for a stop gap save before the update in a different league than the ones I have already played.

Nation: Any

Division: Any reputable that can attract good players or at least I'd have the option of promoting to a reputable top league.

European Competition: Doesn't matter

Media Prediction: Doesn't matter

Board Expectation(s): Doesn't matter

Transfer Budget: Doesn't matter

Wage Budget: Doesn't matter

Finances: I'd prefer healthy

Other: In the past, my most enjoyable saves have been with clubs that have had a few quality home grown (at club) players on which to build upon. I really admire the Barcelona way of growing titles instead of trying to buy them. So what I'm looking for is a club with good youth setup that would yield fantastic players over the years that also has some that still play with the team.

Karlsruher - were in the Bundesliga in 2009, top training facilities and just short of a 30k stadium

Hansa Rostock - another who have had plenty of spells in the Bundesliga with the last being in 08, pretty much the same facilities as Karlsruher

Arminia Bielefeld - Top flight club in 2009 pretty much the same as the other 2 clubs.

Thanks! Will give those clubs a look!

Nation: Any

Division: Any reputable that can attract good players or at least I'd have the option of promoting to a reputable top league.

European Competition: Doesn't matter

Media Prediction: Doesn't matter

Board Expectation(s): Doesn't matter

Transfer Budget: Doesn't matter

Wage Budget: Doesn't matter

Finances: I'd prefer healthy

Other: In the past, my most enjoyable saves have been with clubs that have had a few quality home grown (at club) players on which to build upon. I really admire the Barcelona way of growing titles instead of trying to buy them. So what I'm looking for is a club with good youth setup that would yield fantastic players over the years that also has some that still play with the team.

See post #304.

Nation: Russia

European Competition: Dont matter

Media Prediction:

Board Expectation(s):

Transfer Budget: Big

Wage Budget: Big

Finances: Big

Other: thinking rubin kazan unless anyone thinks different?

CSKA Moskow - better players - home grown as well as others. Also good on finances. And not forget - Champions League football.

Archived