The 2012-2013 Manchester United Thread: Thank you, Sir Alex

ddidiodion

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really like the second goal actually. Hard to see in this video, but it's a lovely hidden throughball that leads to it. Bloke looks in a totally different direction and then threads that ball through. Great stuff.

Cool and composed goal by Powell too :thup:

With the guys in our youth team included, we're running over with "in the hole" type players. Hopefully he develops into the MC SAF wants though.

Really like the second goal actually. Hard to see in this video, but it's a lovely hidden throughball that leads to it. Bloke looks in a totally different direction and then threads that ball through. Great stuff.

Cool and composed goal by Powell too :thup:

With the guys in our youth team included, we're running over with "in the hole" type players. Hopefully he develops into the MC SAF wants though.

Ha, that actually annoyed me.. he was already passing it as he dramatically looked the other way...! To me it just looks like a bad attempt to copy Ronaldinho when I see that now.

I hope that's true. :D

From the Independent:

"Shinji Kagawa was hauled off at halftime after annoying Zaccheroni with one too many stepovers, the last of which left him in a heap as he tripped over his own feet. "

Cookie for anyone who can post a gif of said incident!

Looks like Luke McCullough has been questioned by police after shagging a lass near a shopping mall at 5 AM :D

Kagawa also said he felt heavy after the long flight. Still hope he plays when he gets back though. But can see we might rest him for that match and go with for example Welbeck and van Persie up front and two proper wingers, considering it worked so well when we turned the So'ton match. Hernandez plays early on Wedensday in Mexico, so he may get rested as well despite playing well last match. Hope everyone gets through okay without injuries.

apparently evans got an anle injury in the russia game, though he did finish it. yay :(

Watched the last 20 minutes and he was moving with a slight hobble. Did not look comfortable and was not venturing too far (still managed to go on a run at one point so might not be too bad)

Same link from 2 posts up. :o

Having an improved medical facility won't stop injuries. And us having more injuries than an other team is just bad luck, nothing else.

I would agree if all our injuries were being picked up on the pitch. The amount of breakdowns and injuries in training (for specific positions) either means we have signed a whole bunch of injury prone players or something is not right.

Our track record of defensive injuries in the last 5 seasons has to be down to more than bad luck (if you believe in that guff to begin with).

I dont know if anyone has seen this thought I would post it as might interest you as it's about your club ;)

Wall Street guru Jim Cramer hit the sell button on Manchester United's plunging stocks yesterday as the disastrous flotation threatens to destroy Old Trafford's claim to be the world's most valuable sports club.

In just one month it's NYSE share price has tumbled almost 18% from it's highest point on launch day when a glittering ceremony launched the debt-laden club on a sceptical US stock market.

Since then it has been downhill all the way and Friday's further 2% slide on a big market-up day was enough for influential TV stocks pundit Cramer. He scored a big red pen through it's $12.60 closing price and promptly ordered tens of millions of investors - "Get out now!"

Ever since United's much-derided US owners, the Glazer family, came up with their desperate plan to raise cash, the flotation has been under fire. The Glazers infuriated United fans by claiming that part all of the proceeds would be used to pay off the club's staggering 550m debts, only to renege on their promise and cream off 50m of the proceeds to jack up their own shrinking bank accounts.

The share issue was derided by investment experts in New York for offering investors little value and no say in running the club. The Glazers were even forced to reduce the stock's initial price from $16 to $14 because they were threatened with a boycott on sales at the higher price. And while the S&P has risen sharply throughout August and the start of this month, the MANU symbol has displayed a sharp red downward curve as even diehard fans watched their investment cratering and ran for cover.

Cramer pinpointed just how little value the club has to genuine investors when he advised them to dump the stock in favour of ailing household good store Pier One. Earlier in the year the club was telling investors it was worth as much as 2.5bn, a figure that was slashed by more than a billion when the stocks went on sale. Since then Manchester United value has fallen by almost $300m to just over $1.2bn with experts doubting even that lofty tally.

The above article is by cramer

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000114164&play=1

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/investing/cramer-sell-manchester-united-and-buy-pier-1-and-these-3-sizzling-stocks.html/?ref=YF

So new owners would have to pay at least £1.2 billion plus around £400 million debt ouch thats a hell of a lot of money although was rumoured your current owners turned down an offer of £1.2 billion for the club a few months back, not sure if it was pounds or dollars.

Best case scenario for you guys would be the owners can't afford to pay the minimum payment bank takes over the club and sell the club for whatever money they are owed.

All a potential buyer needs to do is look at how much money the Glazer's have taken out of the club since they bought it. Wipe our debt and that money is there's to take home minus whatever is needed for transfers. Even if they only take a maximum of 50% of what the Glazer's have taken per annum, it's still a solid yearly return.

It won't happen though, we make too much money.

Plus we do not have senior loans anymore, we would basically default on the bonds and the investors will try and force us into liquidation. At this point due to the enticing value of the club and the low value of the bonds (which will be in decline once people know we are in trouble) an investor would try and hoover up most of the bonds to control a majority of our debt and could then force control.

Unfortunately, before it got that bad the Glazers would just borrow money from some vulture-type corporate loan shark in Yankee land to buy some time.

p.s - In response to Tony7

The best case scenario to me right now is that after this desperate attempt to raise quick cash hasn't worked they realise that making money from the club isn't going to be as easy as they hoped and so they sell.

They already raised the money though.

Damn, just realised I have Saturday off and could have gone. Became a member for this very reason! Sold out now though :(

Anyway, question lads. If I was to go I'd be going by myself, is that the norm? Don't really know anyone who'd be in a position to go with me, as any purchases would be fairly late if tickets were available and I was.

I go on my own most weeks. Sometimes mates get tickets & I head down with them but i'm obviously not sat with them. I just talk to the people sat round me as I see them every home game obviously.

There's no way Wigan is sold out surely? :D They've been hounding me all week asking if I want to get tickets for friends & family.

Surprised nobody has been discussing the chance (however unrealistic & small) of Ronaldo leaving Madrid & coming home.

Personally I would let Madrid have whoever they wanted (apart from RvP & DdG). £50m + Vidic & Nani seems like a good deal to me. The club obviously have issues with Nani & Vidic was supposedly going there last summer anyway before his injury. I can dream :)

Don't think it's happening. Too good to be true, and we don't have the money. What money there is has to be invested, at some point (right?), into central midfield.

Not even sure he is all that interested in leaving.

Right now I'm more worried about the report Kagawa has picked up a back injury.

Would most likely see Valencia going the other way if the rumours about Madrid being interested in him first time round were true. I'd rather not lose Rooney or Vidic for him, the idea of relying on Welbeck and Hernandez for half a season while RvP is injured isn't my cup of tea and any money offset by Vidic wouldn't be enough to buy a replacement and having Evans as the most senior central defender for half a season while Ferdinand is out injured (spot the pattern?) doesn't seem sensible.

Unless it was a like for like player (so Nani, Valencia or Young) then we'd be better off just getting another loan out.

Having Evans as the senior defender last season worked out well enough? It was the injuries everywhere else that cost us.

I forgot about Kagawa in my previous post which is unreal really :D It's all fantasy anyway unless he does actually want out of Madrid. But if he does we should be doing whatever it takes to bring him in as the commercial side will more than offset any outlay on fee/wages. But it's all the stuff of dreams at the moment.

Having Evans as the senior defender last season worked out well enough? It was the injuries everywhere else that cost us.

Ferdinand was the senior central defender for the vast majority of last season. However it was his first relatively injury free season in 3 years, I wouldn't rely on that happening again next season.

Archived