What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

What I think he's talking about is the option to ask for a game not to be postponed due to call-ups if the league does not have a defined break for the international week, I had the same problem when I had 5 players called up for youth internationals even though they were fringe players.

What the game should do is ask the affected team whether they wish to apply for the game to be moved due to international absences, if the manager feels there are enough players at the club to fulfil the fixture & not be disadvantaged then they can decline the opportunity to have he game moved.

Ok. I must have misread. That would be a nice addition

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having correct previous international world cup qualifying results and groups would be great. Of course the results would only apply until the start date. Also the January patch could include the World Cup draw so you can play the same draw as real life in the game

i love to be able to continue a save from the previous version I'm sure it wouldn't be to difficult to convert it for all the changes in the new version after all its dead easy to convert music from cd onto your ipad/pod/phone using itunes on a pc/laptop

i love to be able to continue a save from the previous version I'm sure it wouldn't be to difficult to convert it for all the changes in the new version after all its dead easy to convert music from cd onto your ipad/pod/phone using itunes on a pc/laptop

I very much doubt that will ever be possible as it is to all intents a completely different game.

Fairly simple, the ability to pause a scouts current assignment to send him off somewhere else that's more of a priority. Also when you lose a scout through poaching/ sacking/ retirement or whatever shirley the club should still have his reports on file? It's not like he's going to do a Di Canio and sneak back in a few days later to nick everything! :D

Hello;

Don't know if it had been mentionned yet but I'd like to be able 2 kinds of free kicks takers.

One for direct free kicks, close to the goals; exemple one player good in free kick; shooting; long shots but fairly poor in crossing....the second one for non direct kicks from other part of the pitch..for a player good in free kick and crossing.

+1 it's a good idea. remember a bit the short/long free taker from PES/WE

Also, I wish SI would make an american football management game :) After playing FM for the last few years I've been unable to really get into any other sports games. The depth and quality and dedication to representing the excitement of the sport shines through in everything you guys do. Consider this a huge "thank you" from me for all you do. I really appreciate SI.

I would like a racing management game.

Didn't something like that happen occasionally in one of the older games? It may have been one of the first FM games, or possibly even around the CM4 era.

This would be good. There was something like that in older FMs, like 2005~2007 i think, businessmen offering video of their players.

I think that players should be sometimes brought to press conferences.

That would cause them to be more interesting, player who will come, will be telling us about his feelings about match, squad atmosphere, and so on.

Sorry for bad english ;)

+1

Another idea - national teams annual budgets. What would that implementation change? Everything. What's my motivation today to play as a national manager of North Korea or American Samoa etc? There is no one. By introducing NT budgets, the game would actually reward you if you qualify for important international competition, reach last 16, reach qf etc, as you would get money from FIFA, UEFA, etc which you know will be invested in youth training, grass roots etc which will in turn improve regens quality and make your national team stronger. There should also be expenditures as well, like player bonuses if they qualify/reach certain stage, compensation for clubs if their player is injured on a national duty... also, if your country is chosen to host international competition (acn, euro, wc) you get massive boost in finances...

+1

A few more leagues. Preferably including the German Regionalliga and Dutch Topklasse.

I am feeling a Dutch Topklasse in my dutch save :(

Probably been said 1000 times but we do need Testimonial matches for retiring players who have had a long run with a club or so. You organise the friendly and which players to be involved.

a must! there were many cool guys in my team i would like to give a good "soccer good-bye".

=======================

i suggest more historic stats, i mean, the player historic stats only shows the goals and assists i did in a national league and ignore international team tournaments and regional cups (and youth/reserve tournaments).

should be this way

years: 2013

it shows, separated by team: profissional, reserves, youth, international

and inside of them, we would have, fore example:

professional: brazilian league serie a - x goals/assists; rio de janeiro state championship - x goals/assists; Copa do Brasil - x goals/assists

the "International" are could be divided into "adult" and "youth" (sub-23, 20, 19, 18,17...)

As has been said countless times before by SI, match fixing, crowd violence, riots, bribing etc will not happen-end of story, so skip the bickering and move on please.

Thank you SI for taking this stance and please don't move away from it i think all logical people who understand what the aim of a simulation is would never ever want it and only idiots seem to suggest it.

I see many of my friends choose a team then add new manager and sell their bad players for millions. They do that several times until they got 600 million. They make a strong team quick win championships in several seasons then they feel satisfied and completed the game and never get back to playing the game. I know its their choice but they are not getting the real essence of the game.

I wish Football Manager 2014 does not allow this to happen somehow.

fix: if a transfer is extremely unreal then the board can refuse even if you are the manager.

example: Ronaldo being sold for 1 million, or Cleverly being sold for 150 million.

fix: if a transfer is extremely unreal then the board can refuse even if you are the manager.

that was actuuallly in some versions of the game for a while, atleast for human purchases that were too big.

Although I think its not a bad idea to bring it back, SI aren't to blame for your friends' stupidity, kind of sounds like if they couldn't do it they just wouldn't play game at all.

I don't think they should bring it back for selling players though, sometimes as a manager you just want rid of someone no matter what, and although even so in some circumstances a low sale would be unrealistic, it is hard to draw the line. Leaving selling players uncontrolled would still allow your friends to cheat though.

Just thought of another two:

Full "instant result" capability in the full fat version - I've seen a lot of people talk about this.

The ability to specify substitutions in match plans. So for example, "if we are 2 goals in front and later than 60th minute, bring on <youth player>"

One aspect in Football Manager that needs more attention I think is the Manager attributes. The game is all about the Management but there are limited options regarding the manager.

I would suggest having more Manager attributes that grow with time and by winning and being successful.

This would give the game more depth and a feeling of personal growth for the player(manager) rather than just the team.

Examples for attributes would be :

Transfer handling ( the higher the number the higher the percentage of completing a transfer)

tactical knowledge ( the higher the number the more advanced tactical options available)

Man management ( better handling of upset players and more response options)

Team Talk ( more effective team talk and more response options)

I wouldn't like this.

I wouldn't like the idea of not having tactical options available from the start! I see where you get it from, some kind of RPG idea, but it is not for me.

I would like transfers concluded on the basis of whether the terms are correct, not on the basis of some hidden assistance.

I would like team talks to work on a combination of rep and whether I say the right thing, not on a team talk attribute (rep already works partly in this way...)

In RPGs once you level up to the end the game is over in terms of enjoyment. Where would the fun be in FM once your attributes meant everything worked for you all the time?

I see where you are coming from, but for me you are getting your genres mixed up.

Hello everyone,

I am new here, but an old FM games fan. I have a few ideas, mostly for expanding the FM series involvement in the life of the most attached fans to their beloved club.

First of all football manager is a game for football fans, those fans who buy yearly memberships to the clubs they love.

1. One idea/solution would be create collaborations with football clubs (like the ones you already have with Everton, AFC Wimbledon etc) and offer them as part of the yearly memberships. Or the club can offer discounts towards buying the game.

Based on these collaborations, fans can get FM 2014 versions specially designed for their club, fans/game players can sign-in in the game using the membership user and password and create championships/data stats inside each club membership area.

2. The second suggestion is to implement in the game clickable links for each scouted player, in this way the fans can directly recommend players they want the club to acquire / loan or send them to other fans who will be able to scout them at other games, gather further data and send it directly to their favorite club.

3. And the last suggestion: In the same time the fan can add the amount of money they wish to donate to the club to acquire/loan the favorite player. To do this the fan has to be signed in with his/her membership id and password and the amount will be visible only after the club agreed to acquire the player.

Thank You

Waiting for your opinions.

just writing random things that popped into my head. some minor ones:

a guard of honour for recently crowned champions, like they are discussing in the media at the moment.

fining/discplining players for twitter outbursts that seems to happen quite often in real life.

more media interaction surrounding controversial instances. take suarez biting incident. it would be good to have more focus on the FA disciplinary hearing in regards to fines and suspensions.

i would like the opportunity to have more involvment in the business/financial side of things. i know thats a chairman role but would be good to be kept in the loop or even asked opinions or preferences etc. or maybe the longer u have been at a club the more involved they allow u (eg fergie / wenger)

testimonials for players that have been at a club for 10 years.

goal line technology as this will be happening as of next season.

more personal immersion with certain things. someone said a few pages ago that if u really do something remarkable, it should be better reflected rather than 3 items in your news box and then thats the end of it.

little silly things like an open top bus parade for the fans if u win the league.

or the option to reiburse travelling fans to away games if u had a shocker like lose 5-0. again this has happened in real life. you would need to get approval from chairman obviously.

yup interviews for jobs would be great.

sorry for the ramble........

In my game im Dortmund and i now have a squad which completely dominates the Bundesliga and Europe. i have been at Dortmund 5 season, won the title 5 times and the Champions League 3 times and now im bored. What it is, is that i want to resign but im scared incase i dont get a good job offer. I want to return to England and take a team to the top which i have done with Dortmund. Barcelona offered me their job after sacking Mancini in January but i didnt want to take it as i was en route for another title and Champions League.

I would love SI games to bring in a 'Pep Guardiola' rule where.. e.g its January and youre either with a team or jobless and can agree to take over a new club in the summer instead of straight away. Just like a future transfer.

1. When assigning tutors, instead of having to go through the long-winded task of calling the players into a meeting, have a simple tick box to assign Tutor to young player. Saves a lot of time.

2. Scouting needs to be improved, for example, when they've discovered a player that could be better than either a current first teamer or under 18, rather tell us upfront that he's that good instead of us having to click on the detailed report to discover this.

3. More AI in the press conferences. I hate answering the same questions.

1. When assigning tutors, instead of having to go through the long-winded task of calling the players into a meeting, have a simple tick box to assign Tutor to young player. Saves a lot of time.

2. Scouting needs to be improved, for example, when they've discovered a player that could be better than either a current first teamer or under 18, rather tell us upfront that he's that good instead of us having to click on the detailed report to discover this.

3. More AI in the press conferences. I hate answering the same questions.

1 + 2 = sounds like somebody is more of an FMC type player... The tutor one would be less annoying but removes the possiblity of players refusing, so I like it as is

3 agreed obviously

Thank you SI for taking this stance and please don't move away from it i think all logical people who understand what the aim of a simulation is would never ever want it and only idiots seem to suggest it.
Of all i think bribing could be possible. You'd bribe a ref if you wanna, but it wouldn't mean that ref would help you. He could be "bought" and do something or nothing for you, beyond you take the risk the ref tell to the federation and depeding of the situation... you would be excluded for a time of your job or end of your career.
Just thought of another two:The ability to specify substitutions in match plans. So for example, "if we are 2 goals in front and later than 60th minute, bring on "
Hello everyone, I am new here, but an old FM games fan. I have a few ideas, mostly for expanding the FM series involvement in the life of the most attached fans to their beloved club.First of all football manager is a game for football fans, those fans who buy yearly memberships to the clubs they love.1. One idea/solution would be create collaborations with football clubs (like the ones you already have with Everton, AFC Wimbledon etc) and offer them as part of the yearly memberships. Or the club can offer discounts towards buying the game.Based on these collaborations, fans can get FM 2014 versions specially designed for their club, fans/game players can sign-in in the game using the membership user and password and create championships/data stats inside each club membership area.2. The second suggestion is to implement in the game clickable links for each scouted player, in this way the fans can directly recommend players they want the club to acquire / loan or send them to other fans who will be able to scout them at other games, gather further data and send it directly to their favorite club. 3. And the last suggestion: In the same time the fan can add the amount of money they wish to donate to the club to acquire/loan the favorite player. To do this the fan has to be signed in with his/her membership id and password and the amount will be visible only after the club agreed to acquire the player.Thank YouWaiting for your opinions.
My opnion: Your ideas are great, mainly the 1 and 2. In my country is happing something like the number 1 but for some products, if i am a official member of a team, i have discounts in some products. And depeding the teams that would support the idea, the game could gain a boost of fans.
have a game with no crash dumps and we all can injoy 2014 apart from that hope the matchs play better in 3d this year the keepers need to look more like keepers and now slide all over the place
need to improve the GK moves, more kick saves, improve their attacks on the ball in crosses for the area, mainly in CK, tackling saves and improve your kicks but it's ridiculous nice GK's kicking the ball for the opposite many times in a game.

Of all i think bribing could be possible. You'd bribe a ref if you wanna, but it wouldn't mean that ref would help you. He could be "bought" and do something or nothing for you, beyond you take the risk the ref tell to the federation and depeding of the situation... you would be excluded for a time of your job or end of your career.

Even though I agree your scenarios provide a gameplay element, it COULD NOT be 'possible'. It is illegal, and therefore will not be in the game. SI have confirmed this.

hey folks :)

personally i think the 3d engine need touching up greatly because if anyone remembers a lil PS2 game called LMA Manager 2007 ? then you will realize that this games 3d graphics quality is far surpassing fm which i find odd. but also have you seen the tackling in fm's 3d? i literally had one player (lahm so a good player) slide in 3 times in a row n just end giving a pen which fair enough but he went through the player literally in the first challenge which would put him on the floor lol the passing looks lazy and the goalkeepers hardly move lol so i would love this to be improved. i usually play 2d but ive switched between the n noticed how much of the dodgy animation affect 2d. so for me improve 3d or ditch it.

also players that are saying theres to much training.. no there should just be a simple way of sorting this.

(Formation change touch up)

this is something that i find annoying. when in match if you switch formation it takes off all your instructions on the opposition such as close down always so you have to re do it all. anyway that can be changed?

(Subs)

when making subs can you make an option so when you make a sub you can also choose what role he is gonna play when he comes on?

(Set play)

set pieces need fixing plain and simple. like the use of short corners i'd like that to be fixed lol

(player loses ball)

can this be looked into, when a striker (for example rooney) loses the ball on the half way line or makes a pass, can it be made that he attempts to get it back instead of running back to his potion and ignoring it?

(player or team instruction)

it'd be realistic if there was a double up on opposing winger or wide player setting, for such players like ronaldo,bale,ribary or gotze

(throw ins)

throw ins are odd alot of the time your player throws it right at them. could this be fixed?

Can we have the option of taking off an injured player - after we have used all 3 subs - to prevent any further injury?

At the moment if you have used all 3 subs - you can't take off a struggling player until he falls in a heap and is completely injured?

I suggested last year that a great addition would be to "lock-out" contract options, rather than "lock-in" so instead of the obligatory, remove yearly wage rise, submit new offer, remove yearly wage rise, submit new offer, rinse, repeat you could just take that option off the table entirely.....

Someone mentioned that this was being implemented, have I just missed it totally? If not, so needs to be added

Definitely exists already for highest earner clause, maybe not the others

You know i've only JUST noticed that one now..oh dear.

However I think the same could/should be implemented in future releases for a lot of the other clauses. Would likely need to enhance the dialogue too with agents stating their unhappiness at a clause being flat out rejected and offering a counter.

You know i've only JUST noticed that one now..oh dear.

However I think the same could/should be implemented in future releases for a lot of the other clauses. Would likely need to enhance the dialogue too with agents stating their unhappiness at a clause being flat out rejected and offering a counter.

Yeh I'm not even sure if it exists by design for highest earner, or just a quirk of it being a Yes/No rather than a value. Can you lock other clauses to zero? I've never tried

Just a quick one, i'd like to be able to delegate giving out contract renewals to staff. I don't mind hiring and firing them, but having to go through a huge list of renewals every year gets very boring.

Definitely. Having the option to delegate the playing staff is great, but to then have to manually go through every staff member (there always seems to be loads) and renew them yourself is rather annoying.

I got bored with this instalment of FM a long time ago, to be honest. I've bought and played to death every SINGLE edition of CM/FM, but 13 just seemed lazy to me.

-The graphics are awful

-Press conferences are a complete waste of time

-Tactics are over-simplified and dumbed down

-Everything to do with interactivity seems superficial with no real consequences on the game experience

The time has surely come for FM to invest in proper match-day graphics. The match sim is ok, the social AI is underdeveloped. I expect 14 to be a big leap forward for the franchise. Another year of polishing and ineffective additions will probably mean FM14 will be the first game of the lot that I won't be buying.

I agree, 'proper matchday graphics' wouldn't be what I want. The current ones could do with touching up, sure, but the graphics don't need to go beyond a certain level as you should be wanting to keep an overview of pitch, and a lot of things are best left to imagination anyway (even though I do use 3d I still embellish things in my head.

If you had better grahpics, you would then have the problem of every player who didn't look like their real life version irritating you no end, its bad enough when someone has the wrong hair in the current version!

I would like to be able to communicate with other managers who have one of my players on loan.

I currently have a young player out on loan at Udinese, he's scored in every game he's started for them but still when I get scout reports he's coming off the bench with insufficient time to make a difference.

Udinese are currently fighting relegation so I'd like to speak to the manager and tell him he's not using my player enough and if he doesn't start getting more playing time I will have to recall him from loan.

i would like a bit more realism.

just had a match which was basically everyone diving into tackles, even in the area, ended up with 2 injures as a direct result of these. and scenarios like this, fair enough but its not realistic, also far too many instances of second yellows from stupidity like diving and arguing with ref over the first booking.

player takes direct free kick

hits wall

player behind wall is flagged offside

You expect proper match day graphics from a management simulator? i would much prefer they spend their time and resources on improving the management experience.

the 3d could be improved so the animations look better cos the 3d affects are also noticeable on the 2d. such as dodgy defending like the defender making unrealistic headers or lack of movement to the ball. and the goalkeeping dynamics ? atleast to the quality of LMA?

about 2:30 into the clip. i think the graphics should be a bit better than this? as 3d for me just isnt worth bothering with

Tactics

This is an idea I found on a similar forum to this, here: http://www.supportsinteractive.com/topic/195/based-on-fm13-so-far-how-do-you-improve-the-game/

The problem: Some players feel that the current Tactic Creator doesn't provide as much control as real managers get. Specifically involving the players positioning/runs when on and off the ball. This has been omitted for several years.

The solution: The Tactic Creator should have a defensive phase (team/positioning/roles/runs) screen and an attack phase (team/positioning/roles/runs) screen like they have defending and attacking set piece screens. Not a great comparison since one is a necessity and the other is not, but the idea is clear. - Tactikzz @TacticNewspaper

It should be obvious that players are not always told to act out the same function in defence and attack. I've always wanted to see my Central midfielders (in a 4-1-2-1-2) play wider when defending to close down opposing wing backs and the AMC drops deep but I can't without this feature.

screenshot20130312at171.pngscreenshot20130312at171.png

My 4-1-2-1-2. It already works like the one on the left when in attack, but in defence I'd like it to transition to the one on the right for wide security. At the moment they occasionally close down the fullback but quickly retreat because I haven't (because I can't yet) instructed my CAM to drop deep and they are scared that the centre is exposed.

Also, we should have the ability to make 3 or 4 players switch positions. For example, in a 4-1-2-2-1 style, the wingers and striker all swap throughout the 90 minutes with each other — or a temporary shout to tell them when to swap.

This!!!!

This!!!!

i kinda like this idea seems useful

also like we have the run with ball and through ball options. it would also be cool to include a track back or double up option.

sorry thought this could be relevant with tactics thing :)

separate issue

i would love strikers to actually track back. i had falcao run back up the pitch to the forward postion when he was closest to player in possession i would like that changed :)

just realized it was a post by eaglesofse25

either way agreed!!!!

oh and shooting please change that for fm14, because at the moment especially there is no point using nani,ronaldo,shaqiri or robben because all they do is pick the ball one touch two touch bosh 50 yard shot or 30 yarder which are never on target....EVER! that i think is the most unrealistic thing on the game. the long range shooting was perfect on fm 12 so please fix it in 14. but long range range shooting needs major surgery :)

I think that squads motivation should depend on the previous season. Ie determined to regain title or retain it maybe complacent it could change your plans in the market and see you sign a player who is desperAte to succeed to rub offon your squad

i would like a feature that lets you put priority on your wishlist..

so lets say you scoutet 4 DCs, you could then ask you staff, wich player you should put the most effort on signing, you could ask for a clear ranking between the four players only... and, you should be able to put a "note" on your wishlist...say a number 1-3 that would be your own priority

Hi, we in the Czech republic thought of some improvements as well and here are some of them.

1. Definitely improve set pieces - make it possible to set different combinations as in real football.

2. AI's transfer are not good. Even the biggest clubs in Europe don't buy good players and it's a shame because then the game becomes too easy.

3. Improve the atmosphere on stadiums. Because now it doesn't matter how important match you play it's always the same.

4. It was definitely said in this topic but press conferences need to be enhanced.

5. Having a chance to influence a sponsor selection (when being a long time in the club).

3 - how would you do this? They all look like football stadiums to me, just like all football stadiums. Short of turning the volume up to 11 I dunno what you mean, and I play with sound of anyway.

5 - NO, a manager wouldnt do this. Also, as there aren't brand names in the game, what would the choice be? The choice between the 1 million deal or the 1.1 million deal? not really a choice. Adding in the variations for leagues/cups etc found in other manager games seems a bit forced to me and I'm not convinced its realistic

Archived