What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

People stop asking for options that are not manager's job, like kit colour, stadium name, ticket prices... if you want to decide what's the janitor's monthly paycheck go play fifa manager.

What I'd like to see is a network game option where, if I'm playing FM with two friends, we can all be part of one club, where one of us is manager, the other takes care of reserves (plays matches etc...) and third u18

I agree with your first point, but I think a grand total of about 6 people would ever make use of your second.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just a suggestion. I would like to see an option when looking at a shortlist to tell my scouts to get reports for all the players on the list. When you have the list filtered to say Defenders, and you select scout list, it would scout only those players. I find myself doing a lot of right clicking on each player to tell them to do that same thing. It kinda makes me not want to save anybody to the list unless I am actively transferring the player.

I would like there to be more transfer options. Such as choosing for a player to arrive in January rather than straight away in the summer. Also it would be nice if you could buy a youngster but have the option to immediately loan him back to his current team. Doing this could lower the transfer fee slightly (or make them more inclined to let him go).

Sure it's mentioned before, but I'd like an option for shouts to automatically be used when a game kicks off. I have 3 sets, 'Start game' 'Hold on!' and 'Go for it!', with the first being my default and always on unless I'm desperately clinging on (Hold on!) or trying hard to get a goal (Go for it!). It is also annoying to have to reapply my shouts when changing tactics, nice to have an option for them to be applied until I change them myself.

Another idea - national teams annual budgets. What would that implementation change? Everything. What's my motivation today to play as a national manager of North Korea or American Samoa etc? There is no one. By introducing NT budgets, the game would actually reward you if you qualify for important international competition, reach last 16, reach qf etc, as you would get money from FIFA, UEFA, etc which you know will be invested in youth training, grass roots etc which will in turn improve regens quality and make your national team stronger. There should also be expenditures as well, like player bonuses if they qualify/reach certain stage, compensation for clubs if their player is injured on a national duty... also, if your country is chosen to host international competition (acn, euro, wc) you get massive boost in finances...

Another idea - national teams annual budgets. What would that implementation change? Everything. What's my motivation today to play as a national manager of North Korea or American Samoa etc? There is no one. By introducing NT budgets, the game would actually reward you if you qualify for important international competition, reach last 16, reach qf etc, as you would get money from FIFA, UEFA, etc which you know will be invested in youth training, grass roots etc which will in turn improve regens quality and make your national team stronger. There should also be expenditures as well, like player bonuses if they qualify/reach certain stage, compensation for clubs if their player is injured on a national duty... also, if your country is chosen to host international competition (acn, euro, wc) you get massive boost in finances...

Definitely agree with this. One of the things that keeps me playing FM long-term is the challenge of long-term development, but given that as things stand successive generations of players tend to be regenerated with around the same range of potential for each nation, you'll never be able to do that at international level. You can't take over a small nation and embark on a long-term project to develop them into a qualifier for the World Cup when your regens always stay at the same sub-standard level. I love the idea of being able to improve grassroots football in your nation by doing well with your current squad; would add a bit of long-term incentive to international management.

Rolling contracts for managers and staff, this seems to be happening more and more in real life

Being able to be appointed on a temporary basis (only if you are currently unemployed) when a club has sacked their manager. Gives you chance to put your name in the ring for the job and put yourself in the market at the same time

Might only be me but I would love for the ability to be able to search for former players, would it be possible to be able to type in a club name and all players that have ever played for the club that are on the game come up on the transfer search, much like favoured personnel or favourite clubs?

For managers applying for new positions - how about allowing us to be interviewed by the club(s) in question. These interviews could help justify why you are the right man (or woman) for the job.

For example, managers could describe what qualities they possess, what their philosophy is, and their ambitions for the club should he/she be entrusted with the managerial position.

UEFA national team coefficients would be a nice addition, it would improve the seeding system for UEFA international tournaments. Also, I'd like to see administration working properly with relegations, newcos and all that malarkey. In nations that have an expansion system I'd like to see one put in and would work in conjunction with my second suggestion.

With FM 2013, AI teams always seem to play very few friendlies and then start the season with pretty much an entire team "severely lacking in match fitness", resulting in easy wins for human managers.

Therefore, for FM 2014, I would like to see AI teams arrange more pre-season friendlies to rectify this.

Sorry if mentioned earlier....

I'd like the ability to make principle-only payments on loan balances.

Also, I'd like to have a hall of fame statistical records page for players on the save. So if I have a 30 year save it will show the top goal scorers, assist makers, clean sheets etc for the entire save, including retired players. Or if this is already in there please tell me how to find it!

Sorry if mentioned earlier....

I'd like the ability to make principle-only payments on loan balances.

Also, I'd like to have a hall of fame statistical records page for players on the save. So if I have a 30 year save it will show the top goal scorers, assist makers, clean sheets etc for the entire save, including retired players. Or if this is already in there please tell me how to find it!

I too would like something like this. I posted before asking for just a list of all the players you have ever had on your books at a club, sorted by all the stats (appearances, goals, etc)

I would like to see the AI have more of a memory about you, to stop people expoiting the game.

If you sign 30 players each window and then sell them on at a profit the next, then after a while players should begin to know this will happen, and only a certain type of player personality (ambitious/mercenary?) would not be bothered by it. The rest should say "I'm not interested in discussing terms with you because your loyalty to your players is low"

Or if you already have 40 four star u21s on your books, then most other 4 star u21s (again depending on personality) should say "I don't want to sign for you because I'll just end up in reserves/out on loan/ sold".

If you habitually (as in lots and lots of times for this one) sign players as "key players" and then lower their status, certain players might not accept "Key Player" squad status (in the sense of the extra money) because they don't believe you.

If you move from club to club (or more probably NT to NT) really quickly, for example sometimes I have been something like Cuba manger, then accepted DRC because it was bigger, then left DRC for nigeria without playing a game, then from Nigeria to Uruguay without playing a game, then certain boards/FAs should reject you as you aren't trustworthy. Of course you could still find a job with clubs lower than your reputation who have recently had unscrupulous board takeovers, or NTs that are desperate for a respectable foreign coach.

Sorry to bump my own idea, but I would be interested to know if anyone has thoughts on this. Would most people be put off by the idea of it making the game harder?

I like the AI memory, specially player decision in signing for you. Perhaps the other side should be if you have a good record for using youths and developing youngsters into super stars young players would be more than willing to sign for you including lowering their wage demand etc.

I like the AI memory, specially player decision in signing for you. Perhaps the other side should be if you have a good record for using youths and developing youngsters into super stars young players would be more than willing to sign for you including lowering their wage demand etc.
That idea definitely improves mine, I like it

I was accepting a load of loan bids for one player, something like 15 spread out over about 3 weeks. He accepts terms with one team only for it to be cancelled due to lack of funds. Then all the teams start bidding again and I reject the club that he accepted the first time and accept all the others, only for this deal to get cancelled for the same reason and I have to go through the whole process again.

If one deal breaks down because of this, why can't all the other bids still stand and let the player agree terms with the 2nd team instead of making me go through the whole process every time?

I was accepting a load of loan bids for one player, something like 15 spread out over about 3 weeks. He accepts terms with one team only for it to be cancelled due to lack of funds. Then all the teams start bidding again and I reject the club that he accepted the first time and accept all the others, only for this deal to get cancelled for the same reason and I have to go through the whole process again.

If one deal breaks down because of this, why can't all the other bids still stand and let the player agree terms with the 2nd team instead of making me go through the whole process every time?

You'll have to negotiate every offer to be 0 loan fee if you want to loan them out. None of those clubs have money so it is not you being unlucky - it's a bug.

I haven't looked back through the thread, so apologies if this has been mentioned: I'd like to be able to have actual conversations with potential signings, maybe convince the ones who aren't interested in signing for me to consider it beyond the usual options of squad status, etc. Certainly, I think the circumstances under which I shouldn't be able to make an offer at all need looking at - Obviously, if I'm trying to sign Wayne Rooney for Gainsborough Trinity I should probably get laughed at, but you're telling me that there's no way I can convince Mike Pollitt to come and be my first-choice keeper at Bury?

Perhaps if the idea of a player signing for a club well beneath him is ridiculous, then he just shouldn't come to the table, but surely the ability to have a conversation with a player in his mid-thirties who hasn't played a game in eighteen months and try to convince him to come play can't bee too hard to implement? Even doing it with every player who isn't that interested... If you're an unwanted young player at Man City and I want to bring you to League Two, surely you'd not reject it out of hand without a conversation? Maybe the boss sees you as the first (or among the first) of several signings for an ambitious promotion plan, with clauses to come with that. For example 'release if no other signings made' sort of deal.

It's worth noting that this isn't without real-life precedent... You think Ruud Gullit was desperate to join a Chelsea side that hadn't won anything worth a damn for forty years? Or that Dennis Bergkamp didn't need persuading to leave a squad of recent European Champions to join a woefully underachieving Arsenal side? Or, more recently, Edgar Davids turning up at Barnet. We should be able to have more interaction with potential signings before they tell us to bugger off is all I'm saying...

Same should apply with staff, too. And I should be able to interview them before I sign them...

So i have a few ideas on how to improve/revamp tactics also have ideas on opponent scouting reports.

Swapping positions: You should be able to swap positions with as many different players as possible e.g. LW, RW and ST all swapping positions. How this should work is basically the same soo say you swap positions with LW and RW then when select ST to swap positions it should say swap positions with LW,RW Like picture below.

How the players swap needs in my opinion needs to be changed and what i mean is at the moment it seems players just randomly swap positions, now i think what should happen is say your playing 4-4-2 and you have your CM to swap positions now if your LCM runs diagonal past your RCM then your RCM should anticipate the movement and swap to RCM. see pictures below.

I better example below, My LW has the ball and the LCM makes a darting run forward past my ST now what i would like to happen is my ST go into the LCM position assuming they have been selected to swap positions.

Tactics: Now what i think would be great is when you create a new tactic you should create 2 for 1. Basically your create one for the attacking phase and one for the defensive phase of play. So how will this work? well when you create a tactic you will have the general team settings and formation and some team instructions which will include: Style, strategy, passing, creative freedom, closing down, tackling, marking, crossing, defensive line, tempo, target man and playmaker. And for the phases just width an roaming. I think this idea really comes into its own for player instructions which ill have to explain a little later in the post otherwise wont make any sense. but please look below for a picture on how it should look.

A major part of my idea is splitting the pitch into a grid as shown below. You will see why this is soo important.

Player movement: On FM series one of the major downfalls is the movement they do stupid things and your arrrrrg and now with my idea you can customize the movement. soo how to do this.

soo Say the ball is in "T1" and my left back is on the ball now i want to place every player where i would want all the players to be as shown below.

You may of noticed some players have arrows and this is the player runs and i think each player should have 5 options on to where to make his run and you should be able to select two runs to add more to the tactic.

Now If how will positioning come into play? well hard to explain but just look at picture below.

positioning below

How will off the ball come into play? well timing off run and combined anticipation swapping positions more smoothly.

You remember early in the post when i was talking about defensive and attacking phases of play on the tactic screen? good.

Below is an example of an attacking phase and i think you should only be able to set player instructions in the attacking/defensive phase tab. Also Like the attacking phase picture below the defensive phase is the same except the runs are defensive and you set where you want your players to be in the defensive phase.

For some reason i cant upload my pictures soo im going to post my post and try edit it later

As for opponent scouting reports id like to see something like this: http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01927/art18-1_1927022a.pdf

think the team talks need revamping depending on the reputation of your opponent its like a just click on same thing all the time to get a reaction

i think alot of wingers in the game are uncapable of playing right midfield left midfield as wingers which i believe they should be competent atleast in (only being able to play attacking midfielder left/right)

when players under perform they should get slated by press constantly

same when you get a young star they should be bummed by press like when we get an exciting youngster in english football

also another great idea is referee's should have a handful of games in a season where they make controversial decisions eg letting an offside goal stand letting a player foul the last man and get away with it

also there is a lack of consistency in alot of strikers especaily with regens

also if u start playing poorly u shud have club legends coming out an slating you in press vice versa if ur controlling ur team well playing above expectations

also i find rotating players too often when u got loads of games they dont perform which i find unfair

also u shud be able to speak to a player and ask him to play a position hes not familar in just say if u have an injury crisis no natural player for that position (carrick for manchester united playing centre back)

and also what would be great if there was a stat added to a players stat called throughball pass or something else how good a player is at defense splitting passes would improve having an attacking midfielder being more realistic (inesta type of player)

also all players should have a super sub hidden stat rating depending on how influential they are coming off the bench

also u shud be able to choose squad activitys at festive periods like christmas etc

also in champions cup it should have like build up to a big tie like in real life eg man utd real madrid match same as in big rivalled league matches etc

also in press conferences being able to slate a reporter for asking stupid questions having certain reporters like u and dislike u

let me know what u think of my suggestions

You'll have to negotiate every offer to be 0 loan fee if you want to loan them out. None of those clubs have money so it is not you being unlucky - it's a bug.

Eventually he agreed terms with a team who offered a fee, so how do I know which teams do/don't have funds?

Eventually he agreed terms with a team who offered a fee, so how do I know which teams do/don't have funds?

Lucky you then :)

You cannot know the transfer budget of other clubs, so you would have to assume that they do not have one. Saves a lot of time and frustration. I don't need 50k from Serie B clubs, so I just negotiate the petty cash away.

What about choosing room-mates for away matches? This could create improvements in chemistry between the two players, generally improve players relationships, help towards tutoring, help with learning the language (for foreign players) and improve player morale. However as to make it more interesting, the could be the possible outcome of fights/arguments between sharing players which result in bad press and lesser morale.

Opinions?

any chance of expanding your stadium yourself im in the championship with lincoln city 10k capacity 8mill tranfer budget, selling out every week board wont build and wage budget wont raise due to small crowds would sooner spend the 8 mill on a stand then a player soon get the 8 mill back in crowds.

What about choosing room-mates for away matches? This could create improvements in chemistry between the two players, generally improve players relationships, help towards tutoring, help with learning the language (for foreign players) and improve player morale. However as to make it more interesting, the could be the possible outcome of fights/arguments between sharing players which result in bad press and lesser morale.

Opinions?

I doubt managers would actually do this, more likely left up to the players to choose who they room with.

any chance of expanding your stadium yourself im in the championship with lincoln city 10k capacity 8mill tranfer budget, selling out every week board wont build and wage budget wont raise due to small crowds would sooner spend the 8 mill on a stand then a player soon get the 8 mill back in crowds.

Perhaps the stadium cannot be expanded?

I know that there are skin download options available, but why can't SI give you just 1 or 2 options in the game? I think that the standard skin in FM13 is too bright, and I don't have my laptop set to a very bright setting. Besides, I much preferred the dark skin that came with previous FM games. I'm totally useless with computers, not to mention a tat paranoid with the idea of downloading anything that isn't an official update (no offence to the guys who create databases and skins etc), so I really do miss the darker skin. Please SI, give us this option.

This is now a little nostalgic - but I sometimes get a hankering for a slightly higher graphic look to the game. I can remember playing football manager games with the managers "office", where you had a view of a managers office, and things like that. To me it made it a bit easier getting through a season; all we get now is lots of text whereas the game just looked a bit better. The game has progressed on so much from that so I'm guessing that it would be impractical to introduce something like that. Make no mistake, I love the FM series much more than the current CM and FIFA manager games, it's just a fond memory more than anything.

Release a more complete game. Its a joke buying a game, and then wait till March next year in order to play a less buggy game. Dissapointed with this year version especially with the match engine which is the core of this game

A mobile app which would allow you to take a snapshot of your existing save so you could mange some of your day-to-day tasks on the go. You could upload / download the info you wanted from pc to mobile device.

- Team selection - so you can see your existing players / stats. Maybe same info on your next 3 opponents.

- scouting - perhaps you could upload part of the player database . For example if you were looking for a new striker upload all the ST which meet your criteria .

I guess there would be some limitations here but I would use it when I did not have access to my PC.

I am sure SI could make a few more ££ out of it.

Although not particularly attractive to watch, I would like to see players with "time wasting" instructions take the ball to the corner flag more frequently when winning with a few minutes to ago and attempt to keep it there. This does happen in FM 2013, but nowhere near as often as it happens in real life.

FM13 is amazing, imo, what do you guys think? I love it! Anyhow, FM can always be improved :)

Things I think that Football Manager could improve:

1, When a player signs a bosman contract for another team six months before his contract is due to end, having an option to be able to give the player to his new team early for a small fee or for free so you don't have to pay his wages for the next 6 months.

2, Having an End of Season roundup for a few minutes of what happened during the season rather than a list, imagine everything that you usually see Team of the Year, Player of the Season etc.

3, Holiday option to come back for decisions such as Bonuses, player bids, etc.

More to come, I'm sure :)

1, When a player signs a bosman contract for another team six months before his contract is due to end, having an option to be able to give the player to his new team early for a small fee or for free so you don't have to pay his wages for the next 6 months.

An SI dev recently said this would be very difficult to code in to the game, and is too rare for the time it would take to do.

An SI dev recently said this would be very difficult to code in to the game, and is too rare for the time it would take to do.

Oh, that's a shame. Never mind. I've another:

When offering a free agent a contract, the option to offer him your best possible contract, or preset contracts as in "key player" "100% of wages possible to offer" "100% appearance fee" etc, I feel this is quite time consuming and would make signing players a lot quicker.

Think that's possible?

Oh, that's a shame. Never mind. I've another:

When offering a free agent a contract, the option to offer him your best possible contract, or preset contracts as in "key player" "100% of wages possible to offer" "100% appearance fee" etc, I feel this is quite time consuming and would make signing players a lot quicker.

Think that's possible?

What about the contract locks?

What about the contract locks?

I use them now but what I mean is a pre-set option, for example, when a player says "they're not that interested, make me an offer" instead of me clicking on, and offering the maximum of, wages, signing on fee, agent fee, appearance fee, goal bonus, team of the year, international cap and all the others I could have a preset filter, if you like where it offers him the maximum wages and all previously mentioned options, which would look something like this: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/809/peterolssoncontractcont.png/

I use them now but what I mean is a pre-set option, for example, when a player says "they're not that interested, make me an offer" instead of me clicking on, and offering the maximum of, wages, signing on fee, agent fee, appearance fee, goal bonus, team of the year, international cap and all the others I could have a preset filter, if you like where it offers him the maximum wages and all previously mentioned options, which would look something like this: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/809/peterolssoncontractcont.png/

OK. I don't understand what you're talking about. Or do you mean an option to sign almost anyone if you pay them enough and it's possibly your maximum? If so, I like your idea.

OK. I don't understand what you're talking about. Or do you mean an option to sign almost anyone if you pay them enough and it's possibly your maximum? If so, I like your idea.

No. In a nutshell, a quick way to offer any player your best offer, whether they accept is a different matter altogether, BUT it is very time consuming to offer a player your best offer, hence the option.

No. In a nutshell, a quick way to offer any player your best offer, whether they accept is a different matter altogether, BUT it is very time consuming to offer a player your best offer, hence the option.

I wouldn't exactly call it time consuming, and your chairman would probably rather it wasn't quite so simple to offer players such generous contracts. ;)

Oh that's a good idea and I can't imagine it would be that hard to program. I also like your other ideas and I reckon they'll eventually get that bosman one in because they'll reach a point where they can't add in that many more features.

Archived