[FM12.2.2] • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS - FuSStidious V3 FINAL || FLAT 4-4-2 • • •

best tac ever Fuss

the only one I ever used for fm12

cheers

you been using v3 in fm12?

Quite afew people have said here and via pm it works...i havnt had such luck, but good to know, this is based on it at least.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you been using v3 in fm12?

Quite afew people have said here and via pm it works...i havnt had such luck, but good to know, this is based on it at least.

yup I used V3 with the little twicks that came along

I havn't got any good luck with it in FM13 wich is a little shame

cheers

Don't feel v3 works that well in fm13, but having said that when I go down to 10 men I switch to it have a lone striker up top and it feels. Better than playing ith 11 men haha, so bizarre!

The ME definitely favors lone strikers...it's very very easy to move between 2 CB's in the current match engine. I think it's a pretty bad flaw actually. Most goals I score and most goals I concede involve a single central striker ghosting right between 2 centerbacks.

The ME definitely favors lone strikers...it's very very easy to move between 2 CB's in the current match engine. I think it's a pretty bad flaw actually. Most goals I score and most goals I concede involve a single central striker ghosting right between 2 centerbacks.

Any chance we could beta test your new tactic FuSS?

Any chance we could beta test your new tactic FuSS?

Sorry mate, I've had to empty my inbox twice already from the number of offers I get to test. While I much appriciate your offer, as I do all offers (it's very flattering) I've passed it onto a select couple of people and that's that.

Hi fuss, i'm using you fusstidious v3 final, work very well in fm13 with both patches. I've tested it in germany with gladbach and in italy with Napoli. Without OI is still a great tactics, 2nd with gladbach first season, winner and cl semifinal with Naples in the third season.

Beware, when i used the assistent coach OI, the tactic doesn't work because the defense is too weak.

Sorry for my poor english.

I've downloaded the tactic but can't upload to my game. I'm using the quick game style

There isn't a tactic to download yet, the tactic in this thread is for FM12 (although some people are still enjoying it). FMClassic or (FMQuickmode) can't be used with tactics from this forum as far as i know.

How are you getting on with a long test with the new tactic Fuss?

I have found whatever I use falls to pieces around end of December/January, really frustrating!

Back to FM10 for a while....

It's less a long test than me actually having time to play :( I've still not finished a season on FM13 yet!

I'll admit finding a tactic for this version is very much a struggle, I think the ME is gradually becoming more realistic...i.e. no more plug and play tactics, SI is gradually forcing us to adapt to each game we play (which is much more like real life), that said I should be able to upload at least a decent beta tactic this weekend and we'll go from there.

It's less a long test than me actually having time to play :( I've still not finished a season on FM13 yet!

I'll admit finding a tactic for this version is very much a struggle, I think the ME is gradually becoming more realistic...i.e. no more plug and play tactics, SI is gradually forcing us to adapt to each game we play (which is much more like real life), that said I should be able to upload at least a decent beta tactic this weekend and we'll go from there.

More realistic yes, unfortunately alienating those that have no interest/time to spend hours on the tactical side of things.

I have been playing since 96/97 and always made my own tactics up until the 2005 version, up to that game I felt you could put a fairly simple tactic together that you could build a squad and club on. Since 2006 I have always downloaded tactics as to be honest I just want to plug a tactic in and go about my business of running a football club.

Realism is great but not if it alienates people like me, as judging by this very forum, there is alot of us!

Looking forward to giving your BETA a whirl at work next week....

Evening all, been a busy wknd!

What can I say FM13 has driven me to use the TC....and it's pretty damn good! So it's possible that there will in fact be no tactic, as making on the fly changes with the TC is very easy and you don't really need a tactic to do very well it seems!

I'm running through a season with my trusty Norwich.

NorwichCity_FixturesSchedule.png

Evening all, been a busy wknd!

What can I say FM13 has driven me to use the TC....and it's pretty damn good! So it's possible that there will in fact be no tactic, as making on the fly changes with the TC is very easy and you don't really need a tactic to do very well it seems!

I'm running through a season with my trusty Norwich.

NorwichCity_FixturesSchedule.png

What kind of formation? player roles?

I do feel the same, that TC is the way to go.. But you still need a good framework to build on.

Looks amazing FuSS!

Especially those 3-0 away wins against Reading, Southampton, Sunderland, and the 6-0 against WBA away. Of course the results against the big clubs as well!

You also use shouts/OI's? Or it's still plug and play, with only some slight tweakings you have to do based on your squad etc.? Any view if it's also good to use for bigger clubs? Also, what kind of formation is this piece of jewelry?

Looks amazing FuSS!

Especially those 3-0 away wins against Reading, Southampton, Sunderland, and the 6-0 against WBA away. Of course the results against the big clubs as well!

You also use shouts/OI's? Or it's still plug and play, with only some slight tweakings you have to do based on your squad etc.? Any view if it's also good to use for bigger clubs? Also, what kind of formation is this piece of jewelry?

This tactic is actually the opposite of everything I've built before - it's defensive, it's rigid, it's counter attacking, and it lumps the ball up to a big Target Man...but it works well for a team like Norwich. Holt is actually the leagues top scorer!

Formation and as you can see a fairly unimpressive squad (although a good number of future gems):

NorwichCity_TacticsOverview.png

Home-made shout combinations:

NorwichCity_TacticsShouts.png

Titles of shouts are pretty self exploratory:

PRESSURE: push higher up + get stuck in + hassle opponents

HOLD: retain possession + pass to feet + drop deeper

PASS THROUGH THEM: play out of defence + push higher up + pass into space + play through defence + work ball into box + retain possession

JUST TRY TO GET THOUGH US: drop deeper + stay on feet + stand off opponents

GET IT BEHIND DEFENSIVE TEAM: drop deeper + play wider + stand off opponents

GET IT WIDE: exploit the flanks + play wider

I find I'm using retain possession nearly all the time, which means I need to change my tempo/passing sliders as that's all that shout actually does.

I still never use OI's, I just find they pulls my players out of position.

If you think sliders are more user friendly than the TC, then I can't see how we'll ever be on the same page. The problem everyone is having is they are relying on sliders and super-users like Mr Hough who can tweak them to amazing effect. If they just forgot about them and embraced the concepts of the TC, then they'd be having a far more enjoyable time. To use the TC, you merely need to understand the basics of football. To understand sliders, you need to to have a PhD in sliderese.

Only two people I know of have that kind of knowledge. That is because they are ridiculously user unfriendly. Many people think they understand how they work, but most of what they do is guesswork and random tweaking. The TC is a piece of cake by comparison. I don't see how it is elitism or arrogance to suggest to people to leave the most confusing and abstract part of FM well alone.

I can see why my saying that "you've never understood how they worked and have always relied on ME exploits to succeed" might rankle, but that doesn't stop it being the truth. The truth can hurt. Which is why I have so much respect for Mr Hough's responses to my interjecting my thoughts into his thread. He knows he's always used exploits and he's willing to step back and consider a new way of playing. I have masses and masses of time for that. What I don't have time for is people wanting a win button.

Ultimately, I think the way I'm suggesting people play is far more rewarding and a considerably richer gaming experience than downloading somebody else's super-tactic and pressing continue. Thus far, everyone whose embraced it (over seven editions of FM) has agreed with me. Christ, even the ex super-tacticians that would have left Mr Hough in the shade in the past (Cleon, Loversleaper, rashidi, Noel Gallagher, myself!!) have totally adapted to it and given up on building super-tactics, or even wanting to. My advice is to give it a try, rather than fighting against it because it's not the way you want to play. You might find it enlightening.

A point well made...although a little disappointed I didn't make the list : p

I remember throwing my dummy out of the pram (who'd have thought it eh?!! :D) and stating I'd never use the TC and how much I hated it. I think for the first year I never used it at all and never gave it a try. Why? Nothing but stubbornness really. I was to set in my ways and I don't like change. But after giving it a chance the following year I became to understand that it really was an easier and much friendly concept. Since then I've seemed to enjoy the game a lot and actually play the game nowdays and the TC allows me to play as a very fast paced way and I fly through the seasons with little changes.

I know my way wont suit everyone and I'm not saying it should but don't do what I did and not really give the TC a chance becuse you don't want to change or can't accept another way of playing. Be open minded. It took me a few months (real time) to get used to the TC though but I'd honestly never go back to sliders now it's just to much messing around and wasting time that I don't need to, when I can achieve the exact same thing in seconds via the TC. The best thing I've ever done is stop thinking of the game as numbers from 1-20. Instead just keep it simple and think of the settings as the descriptions they give and the game becomes a lot less complex.

Exactly this, only I'm a year behind you.

I just wanted to say massive thanks to WWFAN & CLEON who's insightful posts in this thread inspired me to give the TC another go.

As a die hard classic tactic creator it's been a real hard push for me to adopt it...but I am now enjoying FM more than I have done in a long time, shouts seem to work much better in FM13 than FM12, and I have a real renewed sense of realism being able to quickly tell my players what changes I want them to make on the fly.

Bloody brilliant, thanks, you've restored my faith.

This is pretty much exactly how i think regarding using the TC because i am stuck in my ways. I am so used to the look and feel of classic tactics that and the way they are set out that look at something other than the classic tactic layout feels like I'm looking almost at a foreign language, It just doesn't feel right. lol

I'm gonna have a good look at the TC now and see what i can come up with regarding tactics

See my above post mate, if I can grow to love it, you can too!

Well, looks like I'm jumping the classic ship...

Well, looks like I'm jumping the classic ship...

TRAITOR!! :mad:

Though judging by how FM13 is going (especially FMC where classic tactics can't even work) I think this may be how SI are developing the game.

PS Will you be uploading the above tactic? Wouldn't mind giving it a go with a lower rep team myself

TRAITOR!! :mad:

Though judging by how FM13 is going (especially FMC where classic tactics can't even work) I think this may be how SI are developing the game.

PS Will you be uploading the above tactic? Wouldn't mind giving it a go with a lower rep team myself

Give it a bash, I'm finding it very rewarding.

Yes I'll be uploading my TC tactic anyway, but it's only a base.

Give it a bash, I'm finding it very rewarding.

Yes I'll be uploading my TC tactic anyway, but it's only a base.

Good stuff.

I've actually adopted some of your shouts from above into my own tactic and they are doing going well. Like using the HOLD or TRY TO GET THROUGH US when holding a lead with 10 mins to go

This tactic is actually the opposite of everything I've built before - it's defensive, it's rigid, it's counter attacking, and it lumps the ball up to a big Target Man...but it works well for a team like Norwich. Holt is actually the leagues top scorer!

Formation and as you can see a fairly unimpressive squad (although a good number of future gems):

NorwichCity_TacticsOverview.png

Home-made shout combinations:

NorwichCity_TacticsShouts.png

Titles of shouts are pretty self exploratory:

PRESSURE: push higher up + get stuck in + hassle opponents

HOLD: retain possession + pass to feet + drop deeper

PASS THROUGH THEM: play out of defence + push higher up + pass into space + play through defence + work ball into box + retain possession

JUST TRY TO GET THOUGH US: drop deeper + stay on feet + stand off opponents

GET IT BEHIND DEFENSIVE TEAM: drop deeper + play wider + stand off opponents

GET IT WIDE: exploit the flanks + play wider

I find I'm using retain possession nearly all the time, which means I need to change my tempo/passing sliders as that's all that shout actually does.

I still never use OI's, I just find they pulls my players out of position.

Bloody hell i didn't even realise you could use shout combo's.

I'm not happy because i'm gonna be out most of the day Xmas shopping but once i get back i'm gonna have to have a look at these becuase they look awesome.

Nope, it's me after all!! I've tweaked every player and most of the team sliders too.

So your shouts aren't effective much then?...

One thread its 'don't touch the sliders too much as it cocks it all up'

and another its the opposite.

No wonder people are confused!

So this is the end for the classic, super tactic? SI and company have finally got there way eh?

This is a dark day for the FM series. Dark, but inevitable as it was always SI's evil genius, master plan!

Just so there are no grey areas I'm not actually using exploitative tactics and I've done extremely well in FM2013, but if I ever decide to have a quick blast with my favourite team, and completely dominate (I'm a LFC fan so you must surely understand my need to sometimes smash some teams after having to watch us play for 3 years!) it seems I'll have no choice but to use TC and micromanage.

Good stuff.

I've actually adopted some of your shouts from above into my own tactic and they are doing going well. Like using the HOLD or TRY TO GET THROUGH US when holding a lead with 10 mins to go

I've borrowed most of them from forum suggestions and combos, but given them titles that should explain essentially what they do.

You're too new skool :p

Top tactics for 07, 10, 11 and 12 :) they'll do me.

I have found this aswell Fuss, I can't believe i never used the TC earlier, I suppose it i like the feel of old tactics as i've siad previously.

I am converted now though.

Embrace the dark side mr hough...

So your shouts aren't effective much then?...

One thread its 'don't touch the sliders too much as it cocks it all up'

and another its the opposite.

No wonder people are confused!

They say dont touch the sliders if you dont knwo what your doing. Yes shouts alter slider combos, but shouts are self explanatory and as such people dont make silly mistakes by altering sliders seemingly at random or without understanding - thats my 2 cence anyway.

So this is the end for the classic, super tactic? SI and company have finally got there way eh?

This is a dark day for the FM series. Dark, but inevitable as it was always SI's evil genius, master plan!

Just so there are no grey areas I'm not actually using exploitative tactics and I've done extremely well in FM2013, but if I ever decide to have a quick blast with my favourite team, and completely dominate (I'm a LFC fan so you must surely understand my need to sometimes smash some teams after having to watch us play for 3 years!) it seems I'll have no choice but to use TC and micromanage.

Well the ME took a long time to exploit well in FM12, so we were clearly moving this way. I've no doubt that given a few weeks there will be another classic tactic that exploits the ME and dominates....but it wont be coming from me this year, I'm actually enjoying the TC.

Archived