[FM12.2.2] • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS - FuSStidious V3 FINAL || FLAT 4-4-2 • • •

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been hiding from this thread through embarassment at predicting a descimation by Tottenham at Norwich, I think Chrissy Hughton must be a subscriber to your threads Fuss. Although not that the football played by Norwich (Or Spurs for that matter) looked anything like one of your tactics! Lol.

Anywho's, I have been having serious success with this tactic on FM13 with Spurs. Using the V3 final with no tweaks at all. Was top of the league after 12 games on the BETA. After the full game came out I have played 2 games so far, home to Chelsea, won 3-0 and away to Newcastle, won 6-0!

Would love to put some screenshots up but have no idea how to. So if anyone can give me an idiots guide in how to do so I would be happy to!

So played a bit of FM13 for the first time today.

My first thought is that SI are definitely pushing us away from single tactic solutions - which in many ways is a very good thing as it's much more realistic.

I'm finding that if i dominate the first half of a game, then the AI will adapt it's tactic at half time to find hole in my setup. Now this is of course exactly what managers do in real life, reorganise at half time to pickup on weaknesses in what they've just seen in the first half. This does however suggest that 'killer tactics' are going to be much harder this time around.

Early days yet.

Been hiding from this thread through embarassment at predicting a descimation by Tottenham at Norwich, I think Chrissy Hughton must be a subscriber to your threads Fuss. Although not that the football played by Norwich (Or Spurs for that matter) looked anything like one of your tactics! Lol.

Anywho's, I have been having serious success with this tactic on FM13 with Spurs. Using the V3 final with no tweaks at all. Was top of the league after 12 games on the BETA. After the full game came out I have played 2 games so far, home to Chelsea, won 3-0 and away to Newcastle, won 6-0!

Would love to put some screenshots up but have no idea how to. So if anyone can give me an idiots guide in how to do so I would be happy to!

Good to know, I'll have a look at it as a possible base.

2 easy ways to do photos:

If you have a googlemail account, just use it to join Picasa, which is google's free photo service, and upload them there.

If you dont, a good alternative is to join photobucket, and upload them there.

Once pictures are online anywhere, u just need to copy/past the pictures link and put img (without the spaces) either side of it when u post.

My first thought is that SI are definitely pushing us away from single tactic solutions - which in many ways is a very good thing as it's much more realistic.

I'm finding that if i dominate the first half of a game, then the AI will adapt it's tactic at half time to find hole in my setup. Now this is of course exactly what managers do in real life, reorganise at half time to pickup on weaknesses in what they've just seen in the first half. This does however suggest that 'killer tactics' are going to be much harder this time around.

Early days yet.

That's the feeling I had lately, the AI has become very good at adapting and it requires from the player to do the same.

It's the main reason why I started to use TC tactics now and 3 different mentality variations of my tactic so I can adept to the situation faster.

So I guess the main thing is to create a balanced framework tactic that can work with different mentality settings.

That being said, I still have problems fully adapting to TC tactics, always have to check if the chosen role even gives me the desired settings I want but I guess the longer you work with TC tactics the more this knowledge becomes second nature.

Early days yet.

Killer tactics were harder last year, name me any killer tactics that didn't implement a corner set up that made the attack near post player score 20 goals a season? Apart from the grid tactic which worked great without, last year was a load of average tactics incorporating a corner set up that exploited the match engine.

Will be interesting to see if anyone can create a tactic that works without exploiting something like corners.

Killer tactics were harder last year, name me any killer tactics that didn't implement a corner set up that made the attack near post player score 20 goals a season? Apart from the grid tactic which worked great without, last year was a load of average tactics incorporating a corner set up that exploited the match engine.

Will be interesting to see if anyone can create a tactic that works without exploiting something like corners.

Fraid that's utter chaff mate - Firstly there were loads of great tactics that won everything easily, think vodu, brobs, hough and try reading the very thread you're posting in.

Secondly, we won't get into the corner exploit again, at most it was only ever good for 15 goals a season, which when most teams were scoring well over 150+ really wasn't the issue.

Thirdly, you don't accept using a corner exploit but you are happy to use other match engine exploits (as those used in grid and various other tactics)! Good tactics exploit weaknesses in the match engine to win, simple as that.

Now take your trolling elsewhere fella.

Fraid that's utter chaff mate - Firstly there were loads of great tactics that won everything easily, think vodu, brobs, hough and try reading the very thread you're posting in.

Secondly, we won't get into the corner exploit again, at most it was only ever good for 15 goals a season, which when most teams were scoring well over 150+ really wasn't the issue.

Thirdly, you don't accept using a corner exploit but you are happy to use other match engine exploits (as those used in grid and various other tactics)! Good tactics exploit weaknesses in the match engine to win, simple as that.

Now take your trolling elsewhere fella.

Here, Here! :D +1

Up until Chelsea at home was BETA and Chelsea home and newcastle away was on full game...

Match prep, team talks, OI all left to assistant.

Players bought was Demba Ba and Jetro Willems

With default V3_FINAL? Looks good, I'd be interested to see more games played out now the FULL version of the game is out.

I've got something cooking now thats looking good, but its very early days.

Will have to check my save tomorrow.

As you can see Adebayor got 27 league goals...

Cheers, im interested to know.

I did try it with United and although it was getting me wins, i wasn't winning convincingly.

I also did what you did, match prep left to assistant, team talk left to assistant and no oi.

Well bit of a ****-up and think I saved over my tactic (will teach me for just saving tactics as 1, 1.1, 1.2 etc), I've got an older version from an earlier save my think I might go back to the drawing board anyway. I could win every game with Tottenham, but it wasn't convincingly, and it wasn't a 442....and we all know I'm a 442 fanatic.

Will have a tinkle tonight and see what's what.

Out of interest, how many goals did your top goalscorer get in your season? and how many league goals did your team get?

2012-11-09_00001.jpg

Jimmy, this was the final league table. As you can see 80 scored, 19 conceded. Pretty impressive.

I started a new save to give Houghs tactic a whirl, didnt seem as impressive to me and results were certainly not on par with Fuss' tactic.

Start to second season has not quite been where we left off.....

2012-11-09_00002.jpg

Looking forward to your proper FM13 tactic Fuss. I gave Hough's a whirl on a new save with Spurs and havent had anywhere near the success that he or others have had with it.

What sort of formation is your FM13 tactic?

I would love for someone to come up with a solid 4-2-3-1!

Using this with Hamburger SV and it's still as good as I remember it from FM12!

Are you still in your first season?

Didn't go quite as we'll for me in my second season, would be interested to know how you get on in second season to see if it was the tactic or me that was the problem!

Archived