Football Manager 12.1.1 update *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
What about scouts returning after one day when they have full knowledge? Has that been fixed? Can't see it on the list...

Scouts with 'Full Knowledge' of a nation are still returning after one day. This is by design. However, improvements have been made to the amount and standard of players the scout reports on.

Cheers,

Ben

I have verified the cache twice now and restarted the Steam client, but as it stands I am still seeing things as in the screenshots on the bug thread.

Championship: http://i43.tinypic.com/17bzv6.jpg

League One: http://i41.tinypic.com/10700f6.jpg

League Two: http://i40.tinypic.com/vdlh86.jpg

Blue Square Prem: http://i39.tinypic.com/6gxv5u.jpg

The in-game status has me on v12.1.0.242761 - is this correct?

I'll now follow the next step and delete FM.exe, unless anyone can advise otherwise.

I have verified the cache twice now and restarted the Steam client, but as it stands I am still seeing things as in the screenshots on the bug thread.

Championship: http://i43.tinypic.com/17bzv6.jpg

League One: http://i41.tinypic.com/10700f6.jpg

League Two: http://i40.tinypic.com/vdlh86.jpg

Blue Square Prem: http://i39.tinypic.com/6gxv5u.jpg

The in-game status has me on v12.1.0.242761 - is this correct?

I'll now follow the next step and delete FM.exe, unless anyone can advise otherwise.

Mate, I had the same problem with it, but not today though. Maybe you can get a custom skin and make sure you have "overlay.jpg" in backgrounds folder.

Mate, I had the same problem with it, but not today though. Maybe you can get a custom skin and make sure you have "overlay.jpg" in backgrounds folder.

I went to "games library" in steam, right click then Properties, Local Files tab and then verify integrity and it sorted it for me.

I only ever play in commentary mode, with the screen showing my team's stats. If I pause and go to make a sub/tactic change and go back to the match, I now get the pitch view and have to re-select stats.

Seem to remember the exact same thing happened in FM11.

No bother, I'll just re-install the game, and apply the previous patch.....oh hang on, thanks to steam I guess that's now impossible.

Cheers :-(

I went to "games library" in steam, right click then Properties, Local Files tab and then verify integrity and it sorted it for me.

He did that but nothing happened. I offered him another possible solution.

• Administrators
I only ever play in commentary mode, with the screen showing my team's stats. If I pause and go to make a sub/tactic change and go back to the match, I now get the pitch view and have to re-select stats.

Seem to remember the exact same thing happened in FM11.

No bother, I'll just re-install the game, and apply the previous patch.....oh hang on, thanks to steam I guess that's now impossible.

Cheers :-(

In game go to your Manager Name - Options - Match and make sure your settings in there are correct, this will stop the stats view disappearing.

Steam automatically updated for me, but when I go to start new game it says i'm still on 12.0.0, it also says on the steam update history that it hasn't updated? although Steam did an update about 1 hour ago??

Also having the issue with the relegation and promotion zone shading having disappeared. I have tried to cleared local content and reinstalled the game +deleted settings + verified steam files to no effect. This is impacting the standard skins and also my installed skins. Any ideas as to how i might be able to fix this - it's quite annoying?! Many thanks :)

Steam automatically updated for me, but when I go to start new game it says i'm still on 12.0.0, it also says on the steam update history that it hasn't updated? although Steam did an update about 1 hour ago??

Were dose it say 12.0 should only say it in database choice which is correct as there is't a new db in this patch, should say 12.1 in game status though in prefrences

• Administrators
"stupid" question - did you disable the advanced Panel ?

(if this shall be the merry christmas then)

No, we have stated numerous times that by using the advanced editor you are essentially breaking the game. We've had so many crashes occur because of this so it has been disabled for the sake of the users.

Hello everyone,

I just now registered, mainly because i found that my crashes when i go to the page of one of my 'regen' players, all my 'regens' are fine, apart from my right-back defender, i click him, and the game makes a crash. i have tried by going to his profile using 'right click' and then 'training report' (playing in dutch btw. so sorry if i say it in wrong names) and that goes just fine, untill i want to see the 'profile' page, then it crashes again :(. annything i can do?

Manny thanks,

• Administrators

There are no data updates so it is still the 12.0.0 database. In your preferences it will say the game 'version' number which should be 12.1.0

In game go to your Manager Name - Options - Match and make sure your settings in there are correct, this will stop the stats view disappearing.

Just quit game & re-loaded....

So, before a matchday, I go to Options->Match. I have....

Match view - Only Commentary

Classic view - Chelsea stats

Left split view - Chelsea stats

Right split view - Chelsea stats

camera. highlight mode, show highlights are all greyed out.

I have my team's stats on the whole screem so I guess the split view choices are irrelevant??

Started a match, went to sub/tactics screen, cancelled it, pitch view. Checked Options->Match, it has the same settings as what it was before the match started.

It's definitely broke :-(

• Administrators
Hello everyone,

I just now registered, mainly because i found that my crashes when i go to the page of one of my 'regen' players, all my 'regens' are fine, apart from my right-back defender, i click him, and the game makes a crash. i have tried by going to his profile using 'right click' and then 'training report' (playing in dutch btw. so sorry if i say it in wrong names) and that goes just fine, untill i want to see the 'profile' page, then it crashes again :(. annything i can do?

Manny thanks,

I'd suggest doing this - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184719&viewfull=1#post7184719

If that doesn't work, please upload your save game to the FTP, create a thread here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/248-Technical-Issues-and-Crashes - and let us know the player in question so we can take a look. FTP details here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276528-FTP-Instructions

Thanks.

• Administrators
Just quit game & re-loaded....

So, before a matchday, I go to Options->Match. I have....

Match view - Only Commentary

Classic view - Chelsea stats

Left split view - Chelsea stats

Right split view - Chelsea stats

camera. highlight mode, show highlights are all greyed out.

I have my team's stats on the whole screem so I guess the split view choices are irrelevant??

Started a match, went to sub/tactics screen, cancelled it, pitch view. Checked Options->Match, it has the same settings as what it was before the match started.

It's definitely broke :-(

Sorry to hear that is the case, please post your issue here and we can look into it for you - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/245-Match-Engine-3D-Team-Talks

Thanks.

No, we have stated numerous times that by using the advanced editor you are essentially breaking the game. We've had so many crashes occur because of this so it has been disabled for the sake of the users.

First of all - thanks for the answer : BUT

1. It's my own risk if the game crashes or not (or ? )

2. My game NEVER have crashed or made any problems when using the advanced Rules

so does the file of Magicmastermind it never made any problems it just makes a good game even better

And it's not for the sake of users disabling it...cause u can make wonderful files with the advanced Rules.

Without the advanced panel i will loose my interest to this game.

Were dose it say 12.0 should only say it in database choice which is correct as there is't a new db in this patch, should say 12.1 in game status though in prefrences
There are no data updates so it is still the 12.0.0 database. In your preferences it will say the game 'version' number which should be 12.1.0

Ah I see, sorry for being thick :D

Cheers

• Administrators
First of all - thanks for the answer : BUT

1. It's my own risk if the game crashes or not (or ? )

2. My game NEVER have crashed or made any problems when using the advanced Rules

so does the file of Magicmastermind it never made any problems it just makes a good game even better

And it's not for the sake of users disabling it...cause u can make wonderful files with the advanced Rules.

Without the advanced panel i will loose my interest to this game.

I'm sorry but the advanced editor has never been supported and we do not want users editing their games with it, it was never designed or intended for that.

Well, sorry to say, but there are many bugs still in the game. For instance, the red color showing the relegation places on the league table isn't visible. And the ones that are still active are really starting to annoy me (the back button returning you literally to the previous screen... Waiting for 12.1.1, hope it's coming out soon.

Well, sorry to say, but there are many bugs still in the game. For instance, the red color showing the relegation places on the league table isn't visible. And the ones that are still active are really starting to annoy me (the back button returning you literally to the previous screen... Waiting for 12.1.1, hope it's coming out soon.

The relegation highlighting has been raised. Some people have fixed it by verifying the game integrity in steam.

The second problem: maybe I'm misunderstanding, but have you tried turning off the 'Enable Full Player Browser History' option in Preferences?

• Administrators

The 'back' button is not a bug, it's like that by design. We're aware that some people are encountering the 'colour' issue on league tables and we're looking into it.

I'm sorry but the advanced editor has never been supported and we do not want users editing their games with it, it was never designed or intended for that.

Well i have no idea what really is behind this.

But well i take this into consideration...to my overall view of the game.

Two "Bugs" i noticed after installing Patch 12.1.0.

First the "advanced Editor Panel" doesnt work anymore. Second a created Language File cant be loaded. When trying to Load in Preferences it seems to load but turns back into English and the created Language File dissapears.

Any thoughts why that happens?

ive also noticed when i try to use my editor itloads up, but ive got a strange wallpaer and the writing well you cant even read it,it has ruined my editor what do ido now?

Re-install it and or verify cache.

• SI Staff
why? your just gonna leave it broken?

you've got to admit the ai is rubbish in FM12 and in FM11.

I think we've made a decent fist of it to be fair, but there is always room for improvement.

We just felt the balance of the ME in 11.3 was very good so decided not to make too many changes since. That doesn't mean work hasn't been ongoing in the background for future releases obviously!

Is there any chance of more options being added to the standard editor then? Because atm it's pretty lacklustre for creating anything other than the most basic cookie-cutter competitions. I can understand some of the advanced options being able to cause trouble and why you might not want people messing with them (though I think it's a bit paternalistic, if someone wants to cause themselves a crash dump that's their business imo), but is it really that difficult for example to give us the choice whether away goals count after 90 mins, extra time or both as one random example?

Archived