FM12 Arsenal Thread - Life after Cesc

llama3

Finally started my Arsenal save after playing around with Southampton for a few seasons! Only six games into the PL so far but im impressed with my defensive unit already, i have transfers disabled for the first window but i have a few players earmarked for January already, mainly want some experience between the sticks to tutor Chez and some youthful prospects for the defence and strikeforce.

arsenaltacticsteaminstr.png

I've been starting most games using a counterattack strategy and turning up the heat depending on how the game goes, once i'm clearly ahead i find control to be very useful and frustrating the opposition. If i go behind i tend to opt for Attacking, Standard when i have a slight lead. I have also found Gibbs, Koscielny and Djourou useful for dealing with the speedier teams and Mertesacker is surprisingly useful as a covering defender also.

arsenalfixturesfixtures.png

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just beat Barcelona in the quarter finals of the CL in my first season! We dominated the first game from start to finish but they somehow managed to get 2 goals before the half. We scored 2 in the second half, the last goal 5 minutes into extra time. The second game we dominated again. Won 4-0. Barcelona scored 3 own goals in both games combined. Defensively we were amazing in both games. Here are the screenshots.

th_BarcelonavArsenalInformation_Overview.png

th_ArsenalvBarcelonaInformation_Overview.png

I can not get my second string to play anything like they do for Arsene in real life. After Wycombe took me to extra time in the 2nd round, I crashed out of the Carling Cup in the 3rd round, losing 3-1 away to Swansea.

I took a risk starting Martinez in goal but it backfired a bit as Swansea scored with all three of their shots on target. At the other end we never managed to create anything, only an Arshavin rocket from the edge of the box got us a consolation goal at the end.

Has anyone else done better when rotating? What team talks do you use with a mixture of youngsters, and experienced back-ups?

i can't beleive how good javier hernandez is in the air on this game, out jumping my defenders constantly = stupid

then tottenham, they are unbeatable after 10 games, adebayor has 2 hatricks already lol

talk about overrated in fm 12

Sp*rs are a bit too good aren't they? Bale roasts full backs every single time, van der Vaart seems to score from anywhere, and Adebayor keeps dribbling past my entire midfield and defence. Okay, he's a good striker, but THAT is really not in his game.

It's annoying that none of their players will even consider joining me too, have SI never heard of Sol Campbell?

Do you guys think that playing a 4-2-3-1 with 2 DMC's is a bit too defensive for Arsenal?

I always look at a 4-2-3-1 with two MC's and think it looks too attacking and open.

I had a lot of success on FM11 with a DMRC (Song - Defensive midfielder support) and MLC (Wilshere - box to box) , with Cesc, Nasri, Theo and RvP ahead of them.

Carried on the good form however it seems like my team just cant find the motivation to actually beat a top PL team, even when i completely dominate which is massively annoying. Found chamakh to be very handy at the tip of the 4-3-2-1 as a TM (A), rotating with Van Persie as a Treq who i sometimes use as an IF (A) on the right, depending on the opposition. I have been rotating the 4-3-2-1 with both a 4-1-2-3 and a 4-4-2. The 4-3-2-1 seems to come in very handy against counterattacking sides with pace or a tricky AMC, while the 4-4-2 is just a defensive version of my 4-2-3-1 with two strikers giving me more of a chance on the break against a monster defence.

This is what im dealing with when i say they just won't pick up at beat a top team:

arsenalvliverpoolstatsm.png

Hopefully the next away game at old trafford can be a turning point, if not im going to need some determined players in the January window.

Do you guys think that playing a 4-2-3-1 with 2 DMC's is a bit too defensive for Arsenal?

I always look at a 4-2-3-1 with two MC's and think it looks too attacking and open.

Nothing can be too defensive or Arsenal. People may say our defence needs all the help it can get ;) Although, I am not one of those critique's.

Well, if you have the player available, you can do it. If you are looking for another DM, I would recommend Yann M'Vila. I know he may cost upwards to 30 million but, he's a fantastic player. Would fit alongside Song perfectly. But, playing with 2 DM's would cause it's own dilemma; where would you fit it Jack Wilshere, Mikel Arteta & Aaron Ramsey?

You can play a standard 4-2-3-1 and be defensively solid - Just ask Llama3, he made a thread about it for FM11 :thup:

Me and my mate have challenged each other to see who can do the best with Arsenal over three seasons. Ive bought Vrsaljko, Hamsik and Cavani so far. Just wondering who to sell on? and is Szencney (sp) worth keeping or should I be looking at bringing in a new keeper?

keep szczesny, you really do not need any further goalkeepers at all

arshavin due to age and contract status may be a good sell, rosicky too (although he is a very good tutor) i wouldnt be looking to sell anyone else really

Finally got my copy of FM12 today, so I'll be joining in the fun. :)

As a heads up, I have taken the liberty of altering certain players. Mostly it's just giving certain young players some actual attributes and a little increase in CA. I've also removed Jack Wilshere's injury, so I can use him from the start. It gives me a little head start but then, playing as Arsenal becomes more of a muck about for me as the years go by.

Other than that, it's as you were and I'll be writing up an update once I've completed pre-season.

who can i bring in as Arsharvins replacement? Will he free up quite a bit of mages as well?

well i signed Ibrahim Afellay for £6.5m from Barcelona, selling Arshavin for £10.5m - win win from here. I pay Afellay £50k per week, and far less in the way of bonuses etc, so i have made a good saving on it.

Well, there are the usual suspects;

Eden Hazard - LOSC Lille - Just type him in on Youtube ;)

Mario Goetze - Dortmund - Great on the ball. Quick feet, two-footed and has been labelled the 'German Messi'.

Lucas Moura - Sao Paulo - To many, the future of Brazilian football alongside Neymar and Ganso.

Although, here are some cheaper replacements;

Willian - Shakhtar Donetsk - Another similar player to Arshavin. Member of the Brazilian colony over in Ukraine and played a key part in last season's campaign.

Junior Hoilett - Blackburn Rovers - One of the Premier League's revelations this season.

Ryad Boudebouz - Sochaux-Montbe - Algerian who has lit up Ligue 1 in past weeks. Has been linked to Arsenal in reality too. Debatable whether he can play in a wider position.

:thup:

Summer Dealings 2012

In

Ibrahim Afellay - £6.5m from Barcelona

Martin Montoya - £825k from Barcelona

Out

Chuks Aneke - free* West Brom

Sebastien Squillaci - £1m Aston Villa

Craig Eastmond - free* Cardiff

Sanchez Watt - free* Cardiff

Daniel Boateng - released

Jernade Meade - released

George Brislen-Hall - released

Ben Glasgow - released

Jordan Wynter - released

Callum Webb - released

Steven Smith - released

Philip Roberts - released

Josh Rees - released

Jeffrey Monakana - released

Reice Charles-Cook - released

James Campbell - released

Samir Bihmoutine - released

Nico Yennaris - released

Manuel Almunia - released

Sean McDermott - released

Sean Hajrovic - released

Pedro Botelho - released

Joel Campbell - £1.4m* Genoa

Vito Mannone - £1.2m Napoli

Carlos Vela - £8m Dortmund

Nicklas Bendtner - £8m Bayern

Andrey Arshavin £10.75m Man City

Wellington Silva - £1m* Valencia

Ignasi Miquel - free* Maritimo

Zak Ansah - free* Sheffield United

Denilson - £5m Bayern

*includes clauses

If anyone is is need of a good backup and young right back, take a look at Blackpool's Neal Eardly. His mentals might leave a bit to be desired, but he looks a more than capable player at a reasnable price. Also, take a look at Mario of Villareal who looks to be an excellent prospect, though may cost a fair bit.

Nothing can be too defensive or Arsenal. People may say our defence needs all the help it can get ;) Although, I am not one of those critique's.

Well, if you have the player available, you can do it. If you are looking for another DM, I would recommend Yann M'Vila. I know he may cost upwards to 30 million but, he's a fantastic player. Would fit alongside Song perfectly. But, playing with 2 DM's would cause it's own dilemma; where would you fit it Jack Wilshere, Mikel Arteta & Aaron Ramsey?

You can play a standard 4-2-3-1 and be defensively solid - Just ask Llama3, he made a thread about it for FM11 :thup:

Thanks!

I am going to retrain Wilshere as a DMC and use him as a deep lying playmaker. I know, I know, but it's what I want to do.

Aaron Ramsey will fight with KP Boateng for the AMC spot

Yeah I got Yann M'Vila so it means I have to drop Wilshere or Ramsey which is a bit annoying as I would like to play both, and at the same time don't want to drop Song. Couldn't resist signing him though, will probably get Hazard as well.

Also can anyone recommend me a CB? I tried to get a world class CB in Thiago Silva but Milan wanted a crazy amount of money for him so I gave up, just looking for a decent backup for Kos and Vermaelen as I sold Mertesacker and only have Djourou as backup.

Ok so.. van Persie wants a minimum of £120,000 a week and I dont really want to pay him that much.. He didn't have a great season in my first, and Barcelona just offered me £22,500,000 million. All upfront, should I accept it? Im leaning towards yes.

Edit: Oh, and he didn't play upfront last season as I have Damiao, who is an absolute monster in FM12. He only managed around 20 games throughout the season because of injury, which he played most on the right flank.

I'd tell them to shove It, but thats only because It Is barcelona :p

My attacking winger Jacere continues his 100% scoring trend by bagging a goal against West Ham in the fa cup semi final, 3 appearances, 3 goals

Have you tried locking the wage at what you want and seeing where he wants a bump in pay elsewhere? I usually make the clause for team of the year really big, because I know mot of the time they wont get it ;)

Also jacere makes It 4 outta 4 with the winner against Spurs

4 points off first, City are leading with a game in hand :( Chelsea are level with me but ahead by 2 goals, and United are 1 point ahead in 2nd.

The league is so close!!!!! Swansea already relegated, and It looks like Fulham and Southampton will also go down unless they win all remaining games

man tottenham are stupidly overrated in my game

top after 12 games, 11 wins and 1 draw, 34 goals for and a measly 5 against....

i'm in second with 32 points, 10 wins and 2 draws, 27 for and 6 against

adebayor has 13 goals in 15 games and vdv (with his overrated long shooting stat) has 10 in 15

it almost makes me think, what's the point in playing? my players constantly create 5 or 6 clear cut chances and regularly miss open goals and easy 1 on 1's where the ai scores 1 chance they get a game, same old fm then!

i cannot beleive gareth bale in this game, his pa is downright madness after a couple of good performances....same as theo, statwise last year yet has a massive pa/ca and overrated stats, to me, tottenham are really unbalancing my game

Retained the FA cup in my 3rd season :cool: Beating Man City, the new league champions :mad: by 3 goals to 1, and they scored 90th minute to ruin my clean sheet. Happy with a cup this season however.

Finished 3rd after losing 3-2 to City on the last day of the league. Wolves finished 17th and are in europe next season :D And Real Madrid, who beat me go on to win the champions league on penalties against Marseille. Hazard has requested a transfer, and It looks like every major club is looking in to buying him, including myself

Wow, Man United are absurdly good. They decided to take their destroying me from last season and do that to everyone this year. They've won 19 of 20 so far this season and are top by 14 points. Tottenham are in 12th after their great season last year. Guess it was a fluke. I'm in second, hopefully I can keep it up and not do the usual "fade at end of the year" thing.

Man united are disgustingly over rated, especially Rooney scoring a ridiculous amount of goals when in real life he runs hot and cold, his finishing is decidedly poor if you check his shooting stats irl, where he shines is his desicion making at chances other people dont see. Ferdinand is laughably good, Evra just makes me laugh he has awful defending. Tottenham are also massively over rated since when was Modric a demi god? Arsenal on the other hand do show promise with good management but cant dominate almost as easily as either.

Started a new Arsenal save as I deleted the other one in a burst of rage.

This one going far better.

Loaned out a bunch of players, sold Rosicky for £1.9m and Arshavin for £10m.

Signed Vasilis Torosidis to cover right back for £7.5m, Andre Ayew for £11m to replace Rosicky and Arshavin and the best deal of all, was to do a straight swap with Marseille, me giving them Chamakh, and in return getting Loic Remy, who has been a revelation.

Playing a 4-5-1 but it's working out well with Remy as a poacher, and keeping RVP out of the side. As you can see here, Remy has had a storming start to life at Arsenal.

So annoyed last night with a random glitch I dont know how to get round. So transfer deadline day man city make a bid for Sanogo so I bid to, because it is deadline day man city get their bid accepted and offer terms and he accepts just as my bid gets accepted giving me the option of offering terms but as he has just signed for City I cant offer anything BUT I now cant get any further because the game is telling me I must respond. I have nothing to respond to. Tried cancelling the transfer offer but no option to do that, tried bidding again but that made no difference.

Normally I would just reload but I have just beaten Spurs 5-1 at the lane and dont want to lose it! Very annoyed.

Well i decided against selling Arshavin and what a move that was. He has 13 goals in 17 games and bag full of assists. My leading goal scorer is Cavani with 17 in 19.

Transfers In:

Hamsik

Cavani

Cissokho

Vrsaljko

Wilfried

Emre Can (Loan)

Sanogo (Loan)

Im 11 games through the league and im unbeaten but remain 1 point behind 2nd and 1st. I lost 3-2 in champions league away to Dortmund 3-2 :( and since then my results have been:

Wigan 1-0

Villa 4-2

FC Twente 7-0

Sunderland 6-0 :( haha

Newcastle 4-1 (League Cup) :)

Wolves 1-0

FC Twente 5-2

Swansea 4-0

So annoyed last night with a random glitch I dont know how to get round. So transfer deadline day man city make a bid for Sanogo so I bid to, because it is deadline day man city get their bid accepted and offer terms and he accepts just as my bid gets accepted giving me the option of offering terms but as he has just signed for City I cant offer anything BUT I now cant get any further because the game is telling me I must respond. I have nothing to respond to. Tried cancelling the transfer offer but no option to do that, tried bidding again but that made no difference.

Normally I would just reload but I have just beaten Spurs 5-1 at the lane and dont want to lose it! Very annoyed.

Have you tried going on holiday to the next day? That usually works for this sort of thing.

Have you tried going on holiday to the next day? That usually works for this sort of thing.

Thanks JEinchy I will try that tonight. On the flip side if I do have to reload at least I can have another go at Liverpool, lost 3-0 at home.

Season Update 2012/13

Opening of the season has been encouraging, although losing Gervinho for 4 months with a broken foot, and van Persie for 3-4 months with a torn calf muscle is very bad news!

A Bolton 2-1 - Walcott, Wheater og

H Liverpool 2-0 - Ramsey, Chamakh

A Tottenham 2-0 - Chamakh, Walcott

UEFA Champions League Group

Arsenal

Milan

Kobenhavn

Steaua

A Kobenhavn

H Milan

A Steaua

H Steaua

H Kobenhavn

A Milan

League Cup 3rd Round

Arsenal v Sheffield Wednesday

Started again after sorting the names etc out...

In:

Kevin Prince Boateng £28m

Wilfried £2.5m

Mario Gotze £50m

Gregory Van der Wiel £13m

Out:

Tomas Rosicky

Andrey Arshavin

Vito Mannone

Manuel Almunia

Marouane Chamakh

Sebastien Squillaci

Sold Diaby and Sagna in January for £8m and £17m respectively. Currently sitting 2nd in the league, start of Jan.

just starting my game, just hit the 1st of september, transfers are done and a few games played, this is whats happend so far:

Transfers in

briggs - fulham - 4

vrsaljko - dinamo - 4.7

areola - psg - 6.25

salihoviv - hoffenheim - 5.5

herrero - real madrid - 950k

kadlec - sparta prague - 6.75

vertonghen - ajax - 8.5

granero - r madrid - 5.75

dawson - west brom - 3.6

andersen - aab - 1

vose - west ham - 1.7

Transfers out -

almunia - malaga 1.9

watt - cardiff - 1

chamack - sunderland 4.8

arshavin - anjii - 7.75

koscielny - anjii - 7.5

and a few young ones releasesd

gmaes so far in the league

a villa - 3-0 win

wigan 4 - 0 win

liverpool - 5-1 win

euro play off, i had dynamo kyiv, almost went all wrong, 1st game i lost away! 1-0 but at home i won 2-0 in extra time!

i have lost walcott for 4 months which was depressing as hes my poacher up front alongside rvp, though rvp is us letting me down with the goals atm with

i am top of the leauge after 3 games with man utd and spurs but top by better goal difference

i am playing a 4-4-2 formation it loos like my starting line up at the moment is:

szczesny

rb - sagna

cb - vermaelen

cb - mertesacker

lb - gibbs

mr - arteta

mrc - song -bwm

mlc - ramsay - ap

ml - rosicky

stcr - rvp - dlf

stcl - kadlec - poacher

my goals have come from kadlec - 3,rvp - 2, , afobe - 2, rosciky - 2, vermaelen, arteta, sahilovic and merstesacker are on 1 each, so now its bring on rest of the season

I think you may have made a mistake selling Koscielny, he may be rated lower by my assistant, but he's easily outperforming both Mertesacker and Vermaelen for me. He pops up with more goals than either, makes fewer mistakes, and his average rating is the second highest in my squad.

It's September 1st on my game currently, so that means an update from me. Yay.

My ultimate objective for this save with Arsenal is not just to turn them into the greatest team in the world, but to do so with as many home-grown talents and as little money as possible. I am, for lack of a better word, a prude when it comes to transfers and wages. As such, you can expect quite a few strange buys from me.

Buying home grown talent can actually be quite difficult, especially in the first transfer windoes where my immediate concern is getting a good enough squad together to win the title - I had decided to test myself this term - which the default squad is capable of doing, but I thought it need refreshing in some areas and strengthening in others.

So that said, here are my transfers for the first season:

Ins

Marco Reus - £15,700,000 from Borussia Monchengladbach.

Neal Eardley - £6,500,000 from Blackpool.

Craig Dawson - £4,500,000 from West Bromwich Albion.

Mattias Johansson - £625,000 from Kalmar FF.

I'll start with the "big" signing. Reus is a player I admire in real life and after I saw he was pretty good on FM12 too, I decided to sign him as a replacement for both Andrei Arshavin and Tomas Rosicky (more on those sales later). Initially, I was going to sign Marko Marin but Reus' more well rounded stats swayed me over. A possible avenue I may explore with Reus would be to retrain him as a striker, but that's neither here nor there at the moment.

Eardley is a strange buy for me. I took a look at his attributes and was honestly surprised at how good his technical attributes were. While his mental and physical attributes are lacking in some areas, I figured he would make a decent backup for Sagna and being from one of the home-nations is a nice bonus. It remains to be seen if he'll work out or not, but I do have a contigency plan in the form of young Mattias Johansson. The Swede has some very good attributes for a 19 year old and is certain to grow into a good player that will one day replace Eardley and possibly Sagna, too.

Lastly, there's 21 year old Craig Dawson, another who I rate in real life. He'll be a part of my first team soon but, for now, he'll be on loan.

Outs

Andrey Arshavin - £7,750,000 to Anji.

Tomas Rosicky - £1,500,000 to LOSC Lille Metropole.

Vito Mannone - £900,000 to Porto.

Craig Dawson - Loan to Lorient.

Mattias Johansson - Loan to Lorient.

Ideally, I would have sold Arshavin for me. However, the only cubs willing to pay the £12,000,000 I wanted were Manchester City and Inter Milan; the former being a rival, the latter paying nothing up front and the rest over 48 months. Arshavin is still an excellent player on this game, but considering his age, wages and contract situation I decided to cut my losses on him.

Rosicky, for some reason, was already transfer listed at the start of the game. I didn't see much reason to take him off it, and Lille came quickly with a decent amount.

Mannone was surplus to requirements.

I'm disappointed that I could only get two players to go out on loan. I wanted to send out the likes of Jenkinson, Frimpong, Ozyakup, Aneke and Afobe on loan but nobody wanted to take them. Perhaps in January there will be more willing takers.

Squad and Tactics

With that out of the way, here is how I'm setting the team up:

Szczesny

Sagna --- Koscielny --- Vermaelen --- Gibbs

Song --- Arteta

Walcott ------- Wilshere ------- Gervinho

van Persie

And my so called back-up team:

Fabiasnki

Eardley --- Mertesacker --- Djourou --- Santos

Coquelin --- Ramsey

Reus ------ Benayoun ------ Park

Chamakh

The likes of Almunia, Squillaci and Diaby will remain mostly as reserve and emergency backup players before being sold at the end of the season. Ryo Miyaichi and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will both be tutored before being sent out on loan in January, along with several others... well, that's the plan, anyway.

I also have a 4-2-2-2 and, interestingly, a 3-4-1-2 as back-up tactics. I don't use 3-man defence often (read: never), but I thought with the current squad's lack of quality at full back, I'd give it a try.

Premier League

So far, we've only played three games in the league:

Wolverhampton Wanderers 0 - 1 Arsenal (Marco Reus 61')

This was quite a tight match in the end, but one we should've won by two or three goals. It took a powerful strike from debutant Reus to get us the win. Our defence wasn't particularly solid in this game, either, and Wolves could've easily scored a couple themselves if not for some wasteful finsihing and brilliance in goal by Szczesny. Still, it's three points and a good start to the season.

Arsenal 1 - 0 Manchester United (Robin van Persie 35')

Despite the closeness of the scoreline, we dominated this game and should've won 3-0 at least. The scoring was opened when Reus' pass found van Persie, who skipped around a despairing Nemanja Vidic and fired past De Gea. From then on, we controlled the game and got a deserved win.

Arsenal 2 - 0 Blackburn Rovers (Marouane Chamakh 49', Jack Wilshere 70')

We were poor in the first half, but a rousing team-talk at half-time kicked things into gear. Chamakh, deputising for the unfit van Persie, scored a simple tap-in after some good work from Wilshere. Wilshere himself completed his scoring with an easy finish when Reus' shot deflected into his path.

So far, it's been a good but unspectacular start. Defensively we look very good, which is always something I want to acheive with any team I manage. The next step is to add more goals to the team, but those will come when the new signings settle in and team gels more.

Our next two games are Chelsea (A) and Liverpool (H), so this is certainly not an easy start to the season. Five wins from five would be fantastic, but I'd take a draw from both games.

Champions League

Arsenal 2 - 1 FC Twente (Marco Reus 4', Roberto Rosales OG 43'; Laurent Koscielny OG 35')

We should've killed the tie off in this leg, but failed to do so thanks to some rather poor defending making the game more even than it should've been. We almost cocked it up completely when Andre Santos conceded a penalty in the 93rd minute, but Lanzaart's effort was saved by Szczesny.

FC Twente 1 - 1 Arsenal (Luuk De Jong 32'; Jack Wilshere 85')

Twente's away goal definitely made this tie trickier than it should be. A failure to clear our lines resulted in De Jong blasting one in from 20 yards, and the game turned into a nervy one from there. Super-sub Wilshere sent us through eventually, but I'm not pleased with the team's defending in both legs. Something to work on, definitely.

Our group is a rather easy one:

Arsenal

CSKA Moscow

Ajax

Otelul Galati

If we don't win this with ease, I will be very disappointed.

That's it from me for me. I'll update again afte my next month of fixtures.

Update

H Norwich 3-0 - Afellay, Chamakh (2)

A Kobenhavn 0-0 (UCL)

A Nottingham Forest 0-3

H Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 - Arteta (CC)

H Stoke 3-1 - Huth og, Chamakh, Arteta

H AC Milan 2-0 - Vermaelen, Chamakh

A Man City 0-2

Interesting few games, Chamakh has done well in van Persie's absence, but goals and chances have been hard to come by. Man City beat us due to 2 bits of poor defending. Both goals in the Milan game came in stoppage time, and the Nottingham Forest defeat included 2 own goals!

Carling Cup 4th Round

Arsenal v Wigan

I have found that Rotating between a 4-1-2-2-1 and a 4-2-3-1 bring me excellent results, when i'm countering i tend to use default pressing and cautious tackling to draw the opposition onto me more effectively, while pressing and default tackling works best when I am looking to control the game. When i am facing a team with pace such as Aston villa the 4-1-2-2-1 almost completely negates any threat while finding opportunities to attack frequently, whereas against deeper teams with slower players a 4-3-2-1 negates the threat as my defenders close down any attacks early with the striker unable to receive the ball effectively in my box. The counteracting game in FM12 is excellent and the only time i don't use it is when the opposition is expected play defensively with no threat of a counter myself. Walcott, Arshavin and Gervinho are all excellent on the counter because of their speed, and with Arteta, Wilshere and Ramsey spraying the passes forwards I'm giving every team a torrid time!

anybody thinking of managing a nation whilst at Arsenal? I was about to become Argentina boss but then Capello decides to resign, so I took the England job instead. First game of the season is at home to spurs, what a great way to start the campaign

I managed England to a World Cup and European Championship while winning trebbles every year with Arsenal. Best thing about it was that nine of my England starting eleven were from Arsenal; the likes of Alex Smithies, Ryan Shawcross (scored the winner in the WC final), Phil Jones (World Defender of the Year three years in a row), Kieran Gibbs, Jack Wilshere and Theo Walcott (all time goalscorer for my Arsenal), alongside three regens.

Those were good times.

Sorry if I come off as bragging here. :o

Archived